Author Topic: Weird Mark Appleyard / Geoff Rowley / Active Email  (Read 10446 times)

otis b driftwood

Re: Weird Mark Appleyard / Geoff Rowley / Active Email
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2007, 11:41:16 PM »
So Otis B Driftwood, how is arguing for the sake of arguing going?  Because it looks rather cheesy on my moniter

up and down.

hairy gary

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2007, 12:39:38 AM »
I can't wait for the industry to choke on its own cock shaped ego.

Alexactly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
  • RIP
« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2007, 12:45:38 AM »
FRIENDS: Tell you not to do something stupid when drunk

My Girls: Will post 360 degree security so you dont get caught peeing

--------------------------------------------------------------------

FRIENDS: Bail you out of jail and tell you what you did was wrong.

My Girls: Will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that shit was fun "

------------------------------------------------------
FRIENDS: Cry with you.

My Girls: laugh at you

---------------------------------------------------------
FRIENDS: Borrow your stuff for a few days then give it back.

My Girls: Steal each other ' s stuff so often nobody remembers who bought it in the first place.

--------------------------------------------------------
FRIENDS: Know a few things about you.

My Girls: Could write a book with direct quotes from you.

------------------------------------------------------
FRIENDS: Will leave you behind if that ' s what the crowd is doing.

My Girls: Will kick the whole crowds ass that left you.

--------------------------------------------------
FRIENDS: Would knock on your door.

My Girls: Walk right in and say, "I'm home!"

----------------------------------------------------
FRIENDS: Will try and talk to the bouncer when you get tossed out of the bar.

My Girls: Will buck up and go after the bouncer for touching you on the way out.

-------------------------------------------------------
FRIENDS: Will wish you had enough money to go out that night, and are sorry you couldn't come.

My Girls: Will share their last dollar with you, drag you along, and try to steal free drinks all night.
-----------------------------------------
FRIENDS: Will take your drink away when they think you've had enough.

My Girls: Will look at you stumbling all over the place and say, "You better drink the rest of that shit, you know we don't waste."

------------------------------------------
FRIENDS: Want the money they loaned you back next week.

My Girls: Can't begin to remember who owes who money after taking care of each other for so long.

---------------------------------------------
FRIENDS: Will say "I can't handle Tequila anymore".

My Girls: Will say "okay, just one more..." and then 2 minutes later "okay, just one more!".

-------------------------------------------------
FRIENDS: Will talk shit to the person who talks shit about you.

My Girls: Will knock them the Fuck out!!

-------------------------------------------------
FRIENDS: Will tell you "They'd take a bullet for you."

My Girls: Will actually take a bullet for you.

Does this couple still work for active?

« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 12:51:43 AM by Ryan Sheckler »

hairy gary

« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2007, 12:53:41 AM »
I couldn't even read half of that without wanting to emasculate myself, I don't know you, but I know that life calls you a bitch.

quit

« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2007, 10:36:35 AM »
When Nike bought Active it sort of made it impossible for anybody with a different shoe sponsor to ride for them didn't it?  Now that Active has that extra capital...look for them to start opening more retail locations...meaning spreading up the west coast...for starters....since nobody cares this should be easy.

crappedmyself

« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2007, 03:45:05 PM »
nike + active =  active stores nationwide eventually.

Sheep

• Rep: -10
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2007, 03:49:41 PM »
Nike + Active = SLAP MBs favorite new skate shop!

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2007, 06:58:53 PM »
you + funny = doesn't work!
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

whatnot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2007, 08:46:05 PM »
Its on skateboarder mag's news section already.
i love opening skate talk and see mbl88 mbl88 mbl88... on every thread's last post
----anonymous member

velo

• Rep: -4
    • Velocity Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2007, 09:16:15 PM »
Hey whats up guys I am new to this board, like some of you I own a shop. Its funny to read some of you saying that local shops don't want to carry Bam boards because they are wack, so the kid has no choice but to go online. Not the case at all, I know that in my shop and many other shops like mine we do carry that stuff along with many other brands. I can't even begin to tell you how many kids come in and look for a specific deck that they saw on ccs or active and if you don't have it they will leave with nothing. Obviously this does not happen every time, but for every time it does happen the board they are looking for is outdated. The worst part is if they want the "Rob and Big Foil" 7.75 and you have the board just not the one with the foiled graphic and also two other Dyrdek's in that size its still not good enough. The best part is the week before xmas when the families come in shitting the pants because most of the shit they ordered from ccs two weeks ago is on back order and they wont get it till January or February, you would't believe how many of those we get. Its so nice to look at them and just smile and say "why didn't you just come here". As for kids coming in to have the shit they bought online put together, hell yeah we charge them, and we love to point out that the deck is warped.

quit

« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2007, 10:06:00 PM »
Hey whats up guys I am new to this board, like some of you I own a shop. Its funny to read some of you saying that local shops don't want to carry Bam boards because they are wack, so the kid has no choice but to go online. Not the case at all, I know that in my shop and many other shops like mine we do carry that stuff along with many other brands. I can't even begin to tell you how many kids come in and look for a specific deck that they saw on ccs or active and if you don't have it they will leave with nothing. Obviously this does not happen every time, but for every time it does happen the board they are looking for is outdated. The worst part is if they want the "Rob and Big Foil" 7.75 and you have the board just not the one with the foiled graphic and also two other Dyrdek's in that size its still not good enough. The best part is the week before xmas when the families come in shitting the pants because most of the shit they ordered from ccs two weeks ago is on back order and they wont get it till January or February, you would't believe how many of those we get. Its so nice to look at them and just smile and say "why didn't you just come here". As for kids coming in to have the shit they bought online put together, hell yeah we charge them, and we love to point out that the deck is warped.

I love those kids...walk in with their mom...ask for Nike SBs or some bullshit...then they walk to the back of the store and whisper....you can tell mom is saying "just pick something out" and the kid gets pouty then they leave...

headache

• Rep: -5
  • SHUTTHEFUCKUP!
    • Three stripe hype avatar image
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2007, 11:50:27 PM »
    A few months back, some guy claiming to be a shop owner came on and posted that CCS actually HELPS his shop because kids get the catalog and bring it in to HIS shop and buy shit there.
Bullshit.
     Grim speaks the truth when it comes to your local skateboard community. A good shop helps to create and maintain the scene everyday and it comes full circle with support. It's no big secret, it's just that most shop owners are too busy or lazy to do the things they need to do to make a shop work during hard times. Putting a good local shop team together does wonders alone. Holding events, demos, contests, all that will go a long way to keep local skaters far from the nearest mail order catalog.

Anyone who buys a deck blind off the internet without being able to check out the nose, tail and concave probably don't skate enough for me to lose business off them anyway. It's worth it to pay $7 extra bucks to see the deck you're buying and have someone put the grip tape and switch out trucks.
I know that's some lazy shit but I'll do it for them all day long if they'll keep buying boards from me instead of some giant place on the internet. Or Ebay. Those Ebay decks hurt me as much as CCS even though kids get tricked into paying $25 to ship 3 decks to save $20 dollars.

Nike bought Active?
The Giant lay silent, feeding small shops special deals, giving them breaks to slit their throats?
Now it all make sense why I could always get a certain amount of limited edition shit....I guess I'm paying for it now.
Anyone who has a shop who got tricked into carrying Nikes because they support 'independent shops' will be paying for it soon.
You know what they say: if it seems too good to be true ....................
A dingo hyena ate my baby.

Mentos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2007, 12:36:09 AM »
you + funny = doesn't work!
You trying to bite Tonycoxhox's steeze isn't funny.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2007, 01:32:25 AM »
shut up, butthead.
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

quit

« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2007, 04:40:45 AM »
    A few months back, some guy claiming to be a shop owner came on and posted that CCS actually HELPS his shop because kids get the catalog and bring it in to HIS shop and buy shit there.
Bullshit.
     Grim speaks the truth when it comes to your local skateboard community. A good shop helps to create and maintain the scene everyday and it comes full circle with support. It's no big secret, it's just that most shop owners are too busy or lazy to do the things they need to do to make a shop work during hard times. Putting a good local shop team together does wonders alone. Holding events, demos, contests, all that will go a long way to keep local skaters far from the nearest mail order catalog.

Anyone who buys a deck blind off the internet without being able to check out the nose, tail and concave probably don't skate enough for me to lose business off them anyway. It's worth it to pay $7 extra bucks to see the deck you're buying and have someone put the grip tape and switch out trucks.
I know that's some lazy shit but I'll do it for them all day long if they'll keep buying boards from me instead of some giant place on the internet. Or Ebay. Those Ebay decks hurt me as much as CCS even though kids get tricked into paying $25 to ship 3 decks to save $20 dollars.

Nike bought Active?
The Giant lay silent, feeding small shops special deals, giving them breaks to slit their throats?
Now it all make sense why I could always get a certain amount of limited edition shit....I guess I'm paying for it now.
Anyone who has a shop who got tricked into carrying Nikes because they support 'independent shops' will be paying for it soon.
You know what they say: if it seems too good to be true ....................

Awful...yes Nike bought active...it affected me/us first...being in southern California....and it makes me sick to my stomach that soon some of the middle America scenes will be feeling the hurt...I've always loved the fact that I can take off in a car with some friends and find a good place to get a board in fucking Nebraska...off the subject...but I just heard 4 gunshots...alright so yeah...skateboarding in 2010 sucks.

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2007, 07:32:00 AM »
Awful...yes Nike bought active...

Do you have proof of this?  I scanned the internet for this news and couldn't find a thing on it.

crappedmyself

« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2007, 12:33:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do you have proof of this?  I scanned the internet for this news and couldn't find a thing on it.

if its not public yet - ( as in posted on skateboards' news section ) then its just people working in the industry who know and talk about it.  one person tells one person and that person tells another and so on.

its the reason apples and rowls left team wactive -

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #107 on: April 28, 2007, 12:44:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

if its not public yet - ( as in posted on skateboards' news section ) then its just people working in the industry who know and talk about it.  one person tells one person and that person tells another and so on.

I think it would probably be in some other business news too. Nike making acquisitions would probably be news pretty quickly. Maybe they are still unofficial though?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #108 on: April 28, 2007, 12:56:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I think it would probably be in some other business news too. Nike making acquisitions would probably be news pretty quickly. Maybe they are still unofficial though?

Probably not, since he said it's not public yet.

quit

« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2007, 02:22:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Probably not, since he said it's not public yet.

They are already opening up new retail locations...check their regular website.

bobjohn

« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2007, 02:29:32 PM »
Nike does not own retail businesses except for Nike corporate stores. This would be a strange move if it's true. Would they sell only SBs and Hurley clothing?

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2007, 02:43:45 PM »
Sfa - can I get a fucking "not safe for work" warning next time?

hahaha, what's wrong with a couple of guy's having a hug while shaving there bums, no one likes a hairy bum do they
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #112 on: April 28, 2007, 03:40:47 PM »
His main weapons are his two scimitars, Twinkle and Icingdeath. Twinkle is a magical elven-forged blade. It emits a blue hue when held. Icingdeath was found in the treasures of a white dragon of the same name, whom Appleyard and Rowley slew together. It gives its wielder protection from any form of fire. In the earlier of the series (namely, Sojourn and the Icewind Dale Trilogy), Appleyard used Montolio Debrouchee's longbow in occasions, which he took after the death of Montolio Debrouchee. He also carries a long dagger and two throwing knives in a hidden sheath in his boots.

jrock

« Reply #113 on: April 28, 2007, 05:54:06 PM »
Nike does not own retail businesses except for Nike corporate stores. This would be a strange move if it's true. Would they sell only SBs and Hurley clothing?

yeah, im calling bullshit on the Nike thing. 

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2007, 06:14:46 PM »
I went back as far as June of last year on the TWS Biz site and found fuck all on the Nike / Active conglomeration.

quit

« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2007, 06:37:49 PM »
Well that would be because Nike bought Active last week....

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #116 on: April 28, 2007, 07:25:02 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm just curious - how do you reckon they don't care about skateboarding? Like, how did you come to that conclusion? And how do they hurt local shops? Wouldn't the average kid rather walk into a shop and get his shit immediately than wait? Seems like mail order is for kids who don't have a local shop, so it's a non-issue, isn't it?
[close]
It's an issue... I write for a skate site that caters to young skaters, and in the forums there, there are tons of kids that talk about having two or three shops, but then they order a CCS or Bam deck because the shops in their neighborhood don't have either. It's hair-pullingly-frustrating, but a lot of kids don't quite understand the bigger picture, or even know that there is one.

I will say this though... core shops need to really make sure they educate their locals. These kids are getting shiny new CCS catalogs all the time, and making impulse buys. I've even heard of kids bringing in mailorder boards into their local shops to get them set up.

What's hair pullingly frustrating is the holier than thou attitude of alot of these core shop proponets. Some of the greediest, most profit-driven non-skating motherfuckers I have ever known owned 'core shops.' And if kids are stoked on going to the mall and getting a BAM board, I don't see any problem with that whatsoever.
One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

muckles

• Rep: -29
  • RAZORSHARPCREW
« Reply #117 on: April 28, 2007, 09:01:10 PM »
Fuck Wactive!!!!!!!!
Support real skate shops.
Not one that sells diesal jeans and skin...
<src img=http://forums.clubrsx.com/customavatars/avatar91928_161.gif>

clarkie

• Rep: 23
    • Real Skate avatar image
« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2007, 11:06:50 PM »
It will show up here when it's announced along with the other horrible stuff Nike does http://www.nike.com/nikebiz/nikebiz.jhtml?page=11
Why does SLAP have a Nike shoe?

clarkie

• Rep: 23
    • Real Skate avatar image
« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2007, 03:59:58 PM »
A quote from one of their press releases:

"Nike also will expand its own retail expertise and direct-to-consumer businesses. “Becoming a better retailer will help us be a better wholesale partner,” Parker said. By 2011, the company expects Nike direct-to-consumer sales, which include inline stores, factory outlets and e-commerce, to increase to 15 percent of sales, up from the current 12 percent. Growth will come from all three Nike direct-to-consumer categories.

The company anticipates opening approximately 100 new inline Nike stores worldwide, with up to half expected to open in the United States over the next three years, to elevate the brand experience, position the Nike brand in the world’s premium shopping locations and test innovative retail concepts that can serve as a growth catalyst for the specialty athletic retail industry."

Sounds like if they are aquiring skateboarding mailorder their "inline stores" will throw rollerblades and skateboarding in the same pot. As long as they are making billions they don't care. I will never understand why skateboarders let them in. Huge mistake. Go Birdo!