Author Topic: Tyson & T-Funk 4/20 Part  (Read 21476 times)

PlugSkullcandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 95
Re: Tyson & T-Funk 4/20 Part
« Reply #150 on: April 20, 2022, 06:25:24 PM »
They don’t take a lot of showers… they don’t do laundry that much…. But they skate. Fast. They delivered.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #151 on: April 20, 2022, 06:38:37 PM »
Between this, the Spanky part, Kader and Jacopo Baker is back to being the best thing going in skateboarding, how fucking amazing is that.

I loved every single second of this, even Figgy whom I usually feel indifferent about. Tyson killed it but fuck T-Funk's part is an instant classic, there were a million incredible tricks in it all going mach 10, plus that all-time ender.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 343
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2022, 06:55:00 PM »
T Funks tre flip down the triple set was beautiful

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1268
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #153 on: April 20, 2022, 07:02:19 PM »
Forgive me if it’s been said, but I wonder if using that shot of Zach Allen drinking beer and eating candy again was intentional or an oversight? Pretty sure that was in Zach’s last part
probably intentional. they did it a few times in the last baker video

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1268
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #154 on: April 20, 2022, 07:06:43 PM »
at this point can we dismiss his safety hands. i feel like for his speed and tricks the safety hands are actually needed

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
« Reply #155 on: April 20, 2022, 07:34:41 PM »
Baka
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2022, 07:37:12 PM »
T Funks tre flip down the triple set was beautiful

LebowskisRug

« Reply #157 on: April 20, 2022, 07:48:00 PM »
Edit: sorry everyone was really ripped and shouldn’t have been sharing my thoughts
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 09:19:50 PM by LebowskisRug »

Prinzy

• Rep: 178
« Reply #158 on: April 20, 2022, 08:41:20 PM »
tyson's full cab @ 1:19 is a frankie decker abd

otherwise this shit went pretty hard, tfunk really went in for this one

gotta say tho, why in every skate video recently to i either hear a show me the body song or see a smtb tee/crewneck make an appearance on a skater. when did this band become every pro's favorite band?

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -516
« Reply #159 on: April 20, 2022, 08:49:56 PM »
tyson's full cab @ 1:19 is a frankie decker abd

otherwise this shit went pretty hard, tfunk really went in for this one

gotta say tho, why in every skate video recently to i either hear a show me the body song or see a smtb tee/crewneck make an appearance on a skater. when did this band become every pro's favorite band?

Ehh, better than how everyone hopped on the turnstile bandwagon.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #160 on: April 20, 2022, 09:01:59 PM »
Why are Bakers videos tryin to be Supreme vids?

I’ve always felt that these two looked like very annoying people and therefore hard to get excited about.

I mostly stand by that but this video is scorched earth. Exceeded all expectations. So re-watchable. Fucking amazing.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1133
« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2022, 09:06:57 PM »
Why are Bakers videos tryin to be Supreme vids?

I’ve always felt that these two looked like very annoying people and therefore hard to get excited about.

I mostly stand by that but this video it scorched earth. Exceeded all expectations. So re-watchable. Fucking amazing.

This video, to me, didn’t seem like a supreme video. Baker 4, now that was a different story. Not sure how the youth/court of public opinion will judge it all, but this was a much stronger video than the Violet, in my opinion. I mention Violet as there has been some very obvious flirtations with baker riders, and more than a few went that way.
If someone had told me I’d be all gassed up over a Tristan funkhouser part…

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -391
« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2022, 09:07:06 PM »
That shit was fire. Don't care. If you are charging that fast on so many tricks you got my respect.Can't teach or practice that..

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #163 on: April 20, 2022, 11:21:34 PM »
Tfunk skates like a very small, very angry man and I love it. That was just a next level part, and that fast reckless skating is my favorite kind to watch

Also, Figgy may have come out of that water at 11:00 cleaner than when he went in. He killed it too though, and I”m not usually that hyped on him

thanksgiving

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #164 on: April 20, 2022, 11:22:52 PM »
i feel like this just set a new benchmark for street skating. fucking jaw dropping insane stuff.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2022, 11:57:03 PM »
he did the nose manual at union square half a dozen times

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #166 on: April 21, 2022, 01:09:54 AM »

6.5 times?

(He’s on baker)

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #167 on: April 21, 2022, 01:25:24 AM »
looking at the cover next to the clip i see why people had doubts as it’s obviously not the make. in the photo his back is more over the bench and it seems like his trajectory isn’t fathomable, hence the clip being a different outfit. that’s why i think the speculation started because it obviously wasn’t the make. that said, i think the way he did it was completely perfect and way better than speculated. it almost seemed like a random session as previously mentioned. like he either went back and shot it after getting the clip without a photographer or, he had already shot it and didn’t make it so he had to go back for it. then he just goes with 2 homie filmers on a random session with a bunch of friends last second before the photo ran as a cover and nails it for his friend who had just recently passed away, hence the tribute at the end. i like to think the latter.

edit: just have to comment on the safety hands. it used to bother me in his footage, i remember that dc part especially. i liked it but, there was an abundance of those rollaways. in this part i noticed that when he front boards that huge handrail, he gets into the trick with said “safety hands”. i think that’s really just how he skates. a lot of the time he’s skating shit that could really fuck you up so it makes sense that rolling away from something, say that drop in onto that shitty narrow sidewalk hauling fucking ass.. you might put your hands up rolling away naturally. it wasn’t even something noticeable to me in his part due to how blown away i was by his skating. baker is on fire this year.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 01:52:31 AM by shouldn't »

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #168 on: April 21, 2022, 01:35:53 AM »
i feel like this just set a new benchmark for street skating. fucking jaw dropping insane stuff.

I see what you did there

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1684
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #169 on: April 21, 2022, 01:43:19 AM »
The video was out of nowhere and it was great! Really thought the music and skating all went together well. Nothing will ever compare to full length, but they did this era of stand alone parts proper. Really great stuff!
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Showerface

• Rep: -7
« Reply #170 on: April 21, 2022, 01:56:49 AM »
Does anyone have the dimensions of the big bench Funky-T clears? How long is it?

Scrotal_Recall

« Reply #171 on: April 21, 2022, 03:13:51 AM »
I’ve been there and it’s just not something you would even consider physically possible in relation to gravity , speed, angles and the general rules of physics. The only giveaway is how hard he has to push to get the speed to ollie it - as the way he Ollies it makes the trick look easy.

So many great moments from both skaters in this clip - makes me feel fuzzy to see baker rising again to major relevance.
Also feel this video really puts violet promo into some perspective - both filming and skating.

Does anyone have the dimensions of the big bench Funky-T clears? How long is it?

witty pseudonym

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2022, 03:58:59 AM »
There is something uniquely fucked up about every trick or spot in this part.  Nothing is straight-forward.  For instance, the amount of things that could have gone wrong on the lipslide at 15:27 is absurd. 

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -240
« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2022, 04:44:45 AM »
T-Funk skates like he's alone behind enemy lines and a fucking love it

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1451
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #174 on: April 21, 2022, 06:24:19 AM »
I was getting so irritated with Zach Allen’s wide open mouth in each clip, a few minutes later my jaw dropped throughout T-Funk’s entire part.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 492
« Reply #175 on: April 21, 2022, 06:31:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

6.5 times?

(He’s on baker)
smh clever joke

have a gnar

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -466
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2022, 06:36:27 AM »
Tyson’s style and outfits are fine, you can ignore those things if needed.

Everyone fucking ripped and that was a perfect 20 minute clip. Baker is the fucking truth.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

pops

• Rep: 261
« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2022, 06:37:19 AM »
TFunk killed it hard, loved that hazardously fast skating. His treflip was easily one of the best ever done.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 139
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2022, 06:41:26 AM »
I was getting so irritated with Zach Allen’s wide open mouth in each clip, a few minutes later my jaw dropped throughout T-Funk’s entire part.

Some of us were born mouth breathers man :'(

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -31
« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2022, 07:09:20 AM »
Tristan Funkhouser's skating is undeniably insane, and his footage in this has a speed and power to it that wasn't there in previous vids IMO. Lots of jaw-dropping moments. The FS ollie at China Banks lived up to the hype and speculation. Legendary clip.

That being said, the Dennis the Menace fits, safety hands, and "surfy" style are frustratingly hard to shake and keep reminding me of a little kid and the things his detractors said around here for years.

Figgy's part was cool, but he seems like an old knight or something. His style of skating and the way he came up is borderline anachronistic, and his kinked handrail krooked grind ender seems like an attempt to pay homage to bygone days of Bake and Destroy, which came out what, a decade ago now? Good part, but felt like something out of place and time in the context of the rest of the project.

Whoever said that Tyson Peterson is the next gen Neen Williams is pretty spot on lol. He's good, but similarly hamstrung by the surfy style, safety hands, and dressing like a little kid.

Digging the direction Baker has been going post-Baker 4, but this latest addition didn't amaze me like Spanky's part or the Rowan vid.