Author Topic: What tricks stand out from the last decade?  (Read 11791 times)

JRF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 145
Re: What tricks stand out from the last decade?
« Reply #120 on: August 19, 2022, 07:26:38 PM »
it's been longer than a decade but definitely some clips from Jake Johnson's Mindfield part

Kalis’ switch backside big spin switch backside tailslide
//////////

JRF

« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2022, 08:09:31 PM »

recency bias is a bitch but ishod ss3f onto the block

Are you talking about the SF spot with the stairs to marble block to drop off? (Union square)?  If so, there’s these two twins from Tigard, a suburb outside of Portland, named Kyle and Eric billups.. the one brother named “Eric” did that exact same switch tre-flip back in ‘07, or ‘08 and every time I see that ishod clip I always think about how that dude eric did that same trick back when that spot first popped up before I had seen much of anything done on it. Is that the spot you’re talking about? Someone on slap used the video clip for there avatar..

Here’s Eric’s video part, the clip of the switch tre is at 0:17

//////////

nevrwasben

« Reply #122 on: August 19, 2022, 08:43:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Are you talking about the SF spot with the stairs to marble block to drop off? (Union square)?  If so, there’s these two twins from Tigard, a suburb outside of Portland, named Kyle and Eric billups.. the one brother named “Eric” did that exact same switch tre-flip back in ‘07, or ‘08 and every time I see that ishod clip I always think about how that dude eric did that same trick back when that spot first popped up before I had seen much of anything done on it. Is that the spot you’re talking about? Someone on slap used the video clip for there avatar..

WOW, I’ve never heard of that guy.
And that was sick, especially for that time and from a dude that wasn’t a big name (or was I sleeping?)…

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2022, 09:18:49 PM »
That part was crazy
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

JRF

« Reply #124 on: August 19, 2022, 09:33:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
WOW, I’ve never heard of that guy.
And that was sick, especially for that time and from a dude that wasn’t a big name (or was I sleeping?)…
I’m pretty sure that him and his brother Kyle are just skate rats that love skateboarding but really didn’t care about having a skateboarding career beyond getting flowed in product to keep them skateboarding, I think Eric was girl/chocolate flow at one point and his brother Kyle was also flowed by some board company…

His brother is really good too..

A friend of their’s braden goddard is ridiculously good, one of my favorite pdx skateboarders of all time

//////////

JRF

« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2022, 09:42:57 PM »
While I’m posting these videos I might as well post this… this is Aaron Daly, he’s in my top 3 favorite skateboarders from Portland of all time

Holly fuck, I guess Aaron passed away recently.. just finding that out. That really fucking sucks. RIP
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 09:52:23 PM by JRF »
//////////

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1103
« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2022, 09:43:12 PM »
Not sure what year this was from but this is the photo that made me realize that Koston was no longer the best skater…

Banned from the room

« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2022, 09:43:54 PM »
i think about Carlos's Tampa Win from time to time. That shit was insane. So much style.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2022, 10:17:06 PM »

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1384
« Reply #129 on: August 20, 2022, 11:30:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This part is so gnarly.

Sick seeing some old Jeff halstad footage too, i used to watch everything he put out around that time, especially any footage of mike davis RIP

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 121
« Reply #130 on: August 20, 2022, 12:41:10 PM »
It's some skatepark shit but clay kreiner blasting the channel at combi is fucked up

That whole part is fucked up

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 91
« Reply #131 on: August 20, 2022, 12:41:34 PM »
The fakie flip rolling away fakie on the brick banks.

Loads of Clive Dixon's tricks. Like fs bigspin fs lip Hollywood 12, Clipper nosebluntslide, he has so many more ridiculous tricks.

Brandon Turner switch hardflip Wallenberg is my personal favourite. Unexpected legend updating his legendary trick in the twilight of his career when absolutely no-one expected him to do something like that.

Gabriel Summers

JRF

« Reply #132 on: August 20, 2022, 05:51:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

This part is so gnarly.

Sick seeing some old Jeff halstad footage too, i used to watch everything he put out around that time, especially any footage of mike davis RIP

Jeff is pretty awesome, I use to see him around back in the day when he was a little skate rat and I filmed with him once or twice back then. He’s put out some pretty good videos and he’s definitely a really good cinematographer.. he’s a good dude all around and that crew of skateboarders are amazing, the billups, Braden Goddard, Richard H, Elliot Murphy, bob Anderson and all of those dudes, even Jeff is really good on a skateboard too.
//////////

StillTryin

• Rep: 41
« Reply #133 on: August 20, 2022, 08:09:35 PM »

So many clips from Ebou Sanyang just floating ollies and tricks over things that seem impossible. The street gaps, the moped, up the huge 3 block. That guy can make an Ollie look fake. Every time he pops it looks like he's using a green screen Yeah Right ramp haha.
Yeah I fucking love this dude.

I'm a huge sucker for beautiful ollies. Don't get me wrong I love a flip trick and all, but to me ollies are absolute fucking class in their simplicity. Board goes up, board levels, board goes down, skater looks dope as hell. It's the one trick you see you instantly understand what just happened even if you've never seen a skateboard in your life. This guy just jumped over some shit and it looked fucking cool. I could watch entire video parts of beautiful ollies and never get bored of them.

Not_Bruce

• Rep: -53
« Reply #134 on: August 21, 2022, 05:10:39 AM »
Brandon Turners hard flip down Wallenberg from an emotional /heartwarming perspective. Such a gnarly trick from a dude who overcame such immense personal challenges. Modern day skate hero

That Ollie at China banks in SF by the terminator in the last baker promo. I have walked past that spot countless times so that trick really warped my mind.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 810
« Reply #135 on: August 21, 2022, 01:09:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

marty mcfly

« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2022, 03:39:54 PM »
Back Tail El Toro  ::)

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 270
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2022, 03:57:59 PM »
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

Banned from the room

« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2022, 04:32:18 PM »
Who was it who gapped up the double set tow in and nose blunted the top ledge. That was the best trick ive ever seen that wasnt a BS flip in fakie manny combo. You know thew one.

lydius

• Rep: 46
« Reply #139 on: August 21, 2022, 05:27:26 PM »
off the top of my head:

ollie out past the poles at Wilshire
noseblunt El Toro
oski 270 noseblunt ender
silas back50-back50 rails with the chain in the middle
cyrus back smith MSG
KB back tail courthouse, also popshuv back50 clipper
tyshawn sw back heel the LA triple set
westgate tre flip out of a ditch for Made Ch1
figgy holding the crook down that kinked rail

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -518
« Reply #140 on: August 21, 2022, 08:08:46 PM »
Who was it who gapped up the double set tow in and nose blunted the top ledge. That was the best trick ive ever seen that wasnt a BS flip in fakie manny combo. You know thew one.

Davis torgerson? In what was essentially a retirement part too. I don’t know what goes on at real and NB# but they’re fucking stupid for letting him think he wasn’t good to be a pro anymore .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Flen

• Rep: 4
« Reply #141 on: August 21, 2022, 08:24:24 PM »
Louies heelflip wallride over the bump to bar in seize the seconds was mindblowing.

Goodcurbs

• Rep: -279
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #142 on: August 21, 2022, 08:31:48 PM »
Brandon Turners hard flip down Wallenberg from an emotional /heartwarming perspective. Such a gnarly trick from a dude who overcame such immense personal challenges. Modern day skate hero

That Ollie at China banks in SF by the terminator in the last baker promo. I have walked past that spot countless times so that trick really warped my mind.
Hardflip was switch

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2022, 02:03:50 AM »

Milton Martinez, it's at the end of this

During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

cynical cow

• Rep: 27
« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2022, 10:24:42 AM »
I think about this clip often. Something different about spontaneously skating literally anything that happens to be in your path

ill never forget this clip. its the epitome of street skating.

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2022, 10:25:51 AM »
You guys hate on him, but he stacks some heavy shit

lydius

• Rep: 46
« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2022, 12:26:28 PM »
Dylan impossible over the bench in NYC

honestly Stu's drop in on that wall was sick too, knowing how many times he went for that

lots of Max Palmer tricks

Hugo's noseblunt down that crusty ass ledge in Paymaster is kinda burned in my brain

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #147 on: August 22, 2022, 01:59:36 PM »
Hyun Kummer (Flytecc) the quick hit double set line where he does a nollie heel on the flat before the bigflip? Next level quickfeet.

@1:33

Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #148 on: August 22, 2022, 02:05:43 PM »
Clint Walker ollie sex chance triple set
Cole Wilson 5050 up a doble set
Nick Merlino switch ollie el toro
Bobby Worrest switch bs noseblunt the silver rail
Wes Kramer switch fs flip revert at beso bump

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1209
  • old and in the way
« Reply #149 on: August 22, 2022, 08:34:13 PM »
Wes Kremer's darkslide on that California concrete handrail
(around 9:28)

He's done a few on rails but that first one was so gnarly