Author Topic: A year with the homies. Godspeed 2020. These guys are clowns.  (Read 5642 times)

Steve Kelly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -228
Started watching this and about a minute or so in Nak, Robert Neal, Ishod, and crew are arguing with some couple who appear to be trying to prevent them from skating THEIR house. Maybe I’ll wrong here and it’s a public building? If not, and really either way these guys come off as pathetic fucking losers who outta smacked up for their childish antics. I get it’s part of skating, getting kicked out etc, and they’re still (kind of?) young, but does this shit irk others too? Just full on baby attitudes.

Baby on Board

• Rep: 34
Re: A year with the homies. Godspeed 2020. These guys are clowns.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2022, 06:07:32 PM »
Started watching this and about a minute or so in Nak, Robert Neal, Ishod, and crew are arguing with some couple who appear to be trying to prevent them from skating THEIR house. Maybe I’ll wrong here and it’s a public building? If not, and really either way these guys come off as pathetic fucking losers who outta smacked up for their childish antics. I get it’s part of skating, getting kicked out etc, and they’re still (kind of?) young, but does this shit irk others too? Just full on baby attitudes.

Chill, I heard they were law offices.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 07:53:30 PM »
that was the worst thing about 2020 by far

bssmithslide

• Rep: -41
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 09:13:23 PM »
How soft do you have to be to call a civil conversation arguing?

Dr Hass

• Rep: 4
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 02:51:48 AM »
Lol I just watched it and Nak really thinks he's some kind of renaissance figure purely because he skates

IpathCats

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2022, 05:20:11 AM »
I really like Robert Neals skating, but him and Naks macho shit is fucking wack. Robert bucked at some rando from behind at one point too. I get it, you're young, athletic, talented, successful, but if you're going to try people, you should probably do it to people on your same level. Not that the people that are hassling them are any better, but when you see the way Ishod handles people like that, it really makes Robert and Nak look like jerks in comparison.

HeapsCool

• Rep: -175
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2022, 05:32:15 AM »
I don’t know. They got kicked out. Weren’t skating. And the kick liters were laughing with the guys’ banter. I don’t really see the problem.

I’m not a fan of IC affiliated shit but I’m also trying not to flagrantly hate on shit. Recreational outrage is a little dated.

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
  • registered SLAP offender
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2022, 06:05:30 AM »

IpathCats

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2022, 06:07:54 AM »

Was watching the GODSPEED rough cuts the other day, got to the part where midler back 3'd into the carwash bank and everyone was celebrating afterwards. Seeing mikey alfred in that moment, with that face, those mannerisms, and that fucking outfit, stirred some new type of rage within me. I hope i never see him again.

triggered

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2022, 06:26:19 AM »
Maybe I’ll wrong

Indeed, you'll wrong here.

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 299
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2022, 09:27:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Lol I just watched it and Nak really thinks he's some kind of renaissance figure purely because he  skates rap’s
[close]
Fixed

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2022, 09:55:33 AM »
How could anyone be shook by these little loudmouth punks.  I’ve seen Antwaun Dixon in person and couldn’t believe that people were scared of him.

IpathCats

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2022, 10:07:47 AM »
How could anyone be shook by these little loudmouth punks.  I’ve seen Antwaun Dixon in person and couldn’t believe that people were scared of him.

I don't understand the comparison you're trying to make. Who is scared of Antwuan? He seems super nice and modest after getting his shit under control. Nothing like Nak/Robert.

backspinflip

• Rep: -37
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2022, 10:59:33 AM »

dude is like 6'3 200 with a face covered in tats. what are you smoking?

nickpaolucci

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2022, 12:31:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

dude is like 6'3 200 with a face covered in tats. what are you smoking?

face tats are a sign of insecurity.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2022, 12:50:45 PM »
I watched this and enjoyed it more than I thought cause I don’t care for IC. The people was joking back with them by the end.

Op you seem to just be looking for a reason to bitch. Also unless you only skate parks people get mad at you typically. As @HeapsCool  said recreational outrage. Definitely gonna use that term now.

Also I’m pretty tattooed. And have a couple friends even heavier tattooed. With heads snd faces tattooed. One would not fuck with. The other just a normal dude. My point is it’s 2022 tattoos aren’t done crazy outsider thing anymore soccer moms may have sleeves. Your assumption on antwaun  due to face tattoos seem pretty wack and uneducated.

Steve Kelly

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2022, 04:43:56 PM »
I watched this and enjoyed it more than I thought cause I don’t care for IC. The people was joking back with them by the end.

Op you seem to just be looking for a reason to bitch. Also unless you only skate parks people get mad at you typically. As @HeapsCool  said recreational outrage. Definitely gonna use that term now.

Also I’m pretty tattooed. And have a couple friends even heavier tattooed. With heads snd faces tattooed. One would not fuck with. The other just a normal dude. My point is it’s 2022 tattoos aren’t done crazy outsider thing anymore soccer moms may have sleeves. Your assumption on antwaun  due to face tattoos seem pretty wack and uneducated.

You’re probably right to a degree, but I just find these kids to be really entitled and bitchy in the steers. As though it’s their right to skate any property they want because it’s their career. Maybe because a lot of it is filmed it seems worse than it is.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2022, 04:48:38 PM »

Tell that to the child in the car whose life he endangered.

bssmithslide

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2022, 07:54:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You’re probably right to a degree, but I just find these kids to be really entitled and bitchy in the steers. As though it’s their right to skate any property they want because it’s their career. Maybe because a lot of it is filmed it seems worse than it is.

I'm confused, what reason do you have to believe they didn't feel entitled to skating the streets until the exact moment it became a career for them?

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 825
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2022, 10:26:47 PM »
I honestly think kids these days don't understand how owning property works (not surprising all things considered). They seem to think that if you own property it just sits there and makes you money and you don't have to do anything and that's it. Like they don't understand liability or any of the myriad other reasons that someone might not want you skating and whooping it up with your homies outside their bedroom.

Either that or they just feel entitled to it.

I dunno i never had any issue just finding another spot or asking first and plenty of awesome videos are filmed without this kind of shit so it's not like it's a necessary evil.

HeapsCool

• Rep: -175
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2022, 10:38:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thank Brett Easton Ellis for that one. He talks about outrage can be a pleasurable experience. Definitely worth checking his podcast.

bssmithslide

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2022, 10:40:47 PM »
I honestly think kids these days don't understand how owning property works (not surprising all things considered). They seem to think that if you own property it just sits there and makes you money and you don't have to do anything and that's it. Like they don't understand liability or any of the myriad other reasons that someone might not want you skating and whooping it up with your homies outside their bedroom.

I dunno i never had any issue just finding another spot or asking first and plenty of awesome videos are filmed without this kind of shit so it's not like it's a necessary evil.

That's what happens when a generation hoards up all the property, most kids in these big cities know they will never own any of it.. skaters skating property will be the least of the hoarder gen problems if it keeps up and they'll act surprised.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 10:47:35 PM by bssmithslide »

Steve Kelly

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2022, 11:35:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's what happens when a generation hoards up all the property, most kids in these big cities know they will never own any of it.. skaters skating property will be the least of the hoarder gen problems if it keeps up and they'll act surprised.

How old are you? Just curious. How does potentially not being able to afford property give kids the idea to disrespect people who do. Doesn’t add up or justify anything. I can’t afford good property either, but don’t go around shitting on people who were able to invest earlier and get some. Defense of their antics is embarrassing honestly.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 487
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2022, 01:13:37 AM »
I really like Robert Neals skating, but him and Naks macho shit is fucking wack. Robert bucked at some rando from behind at one point too. I get it, you're young, athletic, talented, successful, but if you're going to try people, you should probably do it to people on your same level. Not that the people that are hassling them are any better, but when you see the way Ishod handles people like that, it really makes Robert and Nak look like jerks in comparison.

WE TRYNA GET CLIPS!!!!!!!
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2022, 01:29:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

How old are you? Just curious. How does potentially not being able to afford property give kids the idea to disrespect people who do. Doesn’t add up or justify anything. I can’t afford good property either, but don’t go around shitting on people who were able to invest earlier and get some. Defense of their antics is embarrassing honestly.

I'm in my late 30s. People inherently place more value something they see as attainable. Its relatable. There's also learned processes that are probably contributing, people from older generations when it was more economically viable for the average american have grown up around the process and understand it. It's even worse in urban places. Most kids in low income families have never owned a house and never will, so they would they give a shit about property rights?

I another thing worth mentioning here is that back in the day this was shit kids did. Actual kids. Like teenagers. I can excuse that to some degree as they're still maturing. Nak is 27. Robert Neal is about the same.

xrossings

• Rep: 61
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2022, 01:30:35 AM »
Damn this is what made you realize that the IC guys are kooks and not when they laughed at a dead cat and shit in IC2

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 875
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2022, 01:39:32 AM »
Being low income/ never owning a house isnt really the issue (I'm in this category and know not to be an ass). It's just dickheads being dickheads. Shoot their cars with a paintball gun then try explain to them you're a pro paintballer and it's your job to shoot things with a paintball gun. Bet they're not like oh ok then cool, carry on.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2022, 02:27:33 AM »
Being low income/ never owning a house isnt really the issue (I'm in this category and know not to be an ass). It's just dickheads being dickheads. Shoot their cars with a paintball gun then try explain to them you're a pro paintballer and it's your job to shoot things with a paintball gun. Bet they're not like oh ok then cool, carry on.

Yes, it's not a singular cause. Being from a bad neighborhood doesn't mean you're going to break shit and be a bad person. That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is these are lessons we as a society just assume are getting passed on and they aren't. They're not "maturing" the same way is a more blunt way to put it. Yes, they're dickheads but I'm interested in why.

Essentially,... We know that poverty rates affect property crime by area, and I believe the same is true for time periods as well.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2022, 03:13:52 AM »
Lol I just watched it and Nak really thinks he's some kind of renaissance figure purely because he skates

Yeah just come back later. But I'm also old

alex olsons back tail

• Rep: 4
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2022, 04:02:08 AM »
All 3 of them own houses