Author Topic: Wade D best ledge skater of all time?  (Read 7186 times)

The Mad Rapper

Re: Wade D best ledge skater of all time?
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2022, 10:57:16 AM »
this is 100% the pinnacle of ledge skating.

Banned from the room

« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2022, 10:59:42 AM »
I’m not going to front. I prefer to see his tricolor part these days.

Maybe if we got a fresh edit of whl with a new song. Like slick Rick or something

rawbertson.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2022, 12:20:03 PM »
Expand Quote
It is too broad of a category I think
I think Wade has had some of the best Balanced Nosegrinds, both stances, in the game, I would say second only to Wenning. There are probably kids out now who can do em bettter, but those guys innovated.
He also did one of the biggest switch pop shoves I have ever seen (over the couch)
There are certain things he was top tier in, you just gotta be a bit more specific.Very athletic combined with amazing timing.
[close]

I’m going to say that ZB has the best balance nose grind. I can harvest some recent proof.

I would say Wade's advantage is his flip tricks out of them were probably more technical than wenning or zered. zered for distance for sure.

The Mad Rapper

« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2022, 01:59:55 PM »
I’m not going to front. I prefer to see his tricolor part these days.

Maybe if we got a fresh edit of whl with a new song. Like slick Rick or something

gnar

Banned from the room

« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2022, 02:02:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It is too broad of a category I think
I think Wade has had some of the best Balanced Nosegrinds, both stances, in the game, I would say second only to Wenning. There are probably kids out now who can do em bettter, but those guys innovated.
He also did one of the biggest switch pop shoves I have ever seen (over the couch)
There are certain things he was top tier in, you just gotta be a bit more specific.Very athletic combined with amazing timing.
[close]

I’m going to say that ZB has the best balance nose grind. I can harvest some recent proof.
[close]

I would say Wade's advantage is his flip tricks out of them were probably more technical than wenning or zered. zered for distance for sure.

True true

bigbevev

• Rep: -14
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2022, 02:07:50 PM »
Realistically if it isnt shane, it’s probably javier sarmiento or jb gillet.

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
  • registered SLAP offender
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2022, 01:45:10 AM »
For me it's Kalis, Pops or Wenning

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2022, 03:28:04 AM »
Speaking of skateboarding, while being a fan for a long time, i recently felt like Wade's style is kinda forced / fake steezed. He never seems happy with almost perfect execution...false modesty, it bothers me.
Outside of skateboarding, he seemed into vaccine conspiracy, was all in with the Freedom convoy and recently shared a story where Gary Vee says "Parents should say fuck school". Not a good look

i would say PJ because of nostalgia... but he somewhat kooked himself too

Mark Suciu recently remade PJs tricks on that ledge with ease.

Shane, Lucas, Gustav though
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 03:36:31 AM by BALARGUE »

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2022, 06:21:05 AM »
Shane.

Love him or hate him, he's a very strong contender for the most technically gifted street skater of all time.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2022, 07:07:33 AM »
I think where Shane shines is Switch flips, bigspin, and back tail variations if we are talking about ledge skating. there is nothing in that spectrum he cant do. so he can do the awkward slides in the hardest stance, plus amazing timing.

PJ Ladd to me shines as an all-around ledge skater like Ronnie Creager. It seems like both those guys can just do any trick they want and they go really fast too. PJ fakie flip to crooks shove out, kickflip front tail 270. ronnie one of the first to do kickflip bs tail kickflip out (menikmati ender) their flat ground flip trick game really compliments their lines though and ronnie was more of a manny guy

Kalis for me was basically known for really good back tails both ways early on, also being able to flip in and take them to huge spots like hubba and in long lines at love park. switch bigspin back tail, and putting reg back tail on the map in mind field. he has a really nice bs nosegrind too.

wenning for me is the bs nosegrind pop out middle, both ways. he also had really nice sw bs 5-0, nollie nosegrind. bs 180 to 5-0 both ways. his switch 3 flip really complimented his ledge lines too. amazing bs tail too so mcuh control with the 360 shove out on his TWS part.

The Mad Rapper

« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2022, 09:32:56 AM »
Speaking of skateboarding, while being a fan for a long time, i recently felt like Wade's style is kinda forced / fake steezed. He never seems happy with almost perfect execution...false modesty, it bothers me.
Outside of skateboarding, he seemed into vaccine conspiracy, was all in with the Freedom convoy and recently shared a story where Gary Vee says "Parents should say fuck school". Not a good look

Suciu did all these tricks on a skate park ledge because they are all gnarly as fuck and was paying homage to PJ. (this is the obvious part)

The real shit is that PJ did all this stuff on a street ledge 15 years before with absolutely no reference.

Nobody was doing ANY of those tricks on ledges at the time. All very unorthodox tricks and not just your regular flip in flip out tricks. a lot of those tricks had never been seen before and it opened the door for dudes like shane oniell and suciu. Also PJ (WHL era) looks way cooler than all those dudes and skates way faster on crust. Not some perfect private parks or some marble dreamland like all the euros.

PJ is the answer

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2022, 09:42:13 AM »
I dont think NBDs is what set PJ apart. the main one i can think of is probably switch flip front tail 270 and maybe the fakie flip front crooks variations. I am pretty sure both of those were ABD though... It was moreso the speed at which he did the tricks + how consistent he was in long lines imo. he was doing the tricks from questionable / pack of lies but WAY CLEANER and without pushing between the tricks.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 747
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2022, 09:54:48 AM »
wade is the cleanest, as in greatest economy of movement.

The Mad Rapper

« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2022, 09:57:07 AM »
I dont think NBDs is what set PJ apart. the main one i can think of is probably switch flip front tail 270 and maybe the fakie flip front crooks variations. I am pretty sure both of those were ABD though... It was moreso the speed at which he did the tricks + how consistent he was in long lines imo. he was doing the tricks from questionable / pack of lies but WAY CLEANER and without pushing between the tricks.

that is true. a lot of those questionable/ tim and eric tricks were on baby curbs but still went down none the less for sure but surely PJ was making shit up left and right on real ledges. 5-0 kickflip 5-0, switch heel front nose big spin. kickflip front tail 270. all the stuff that he did that suciu recreated was serioulsy next level for one person to do at once (most of which was all the same day) and it looked cold af outside and every trick was on the whole ledge. no dinky shit.

Banned from the room

« Reply #104 on: May 25, 2022, 12:21:07 PM »
Paging dr octagon

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1594
« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2022, 12:31:15 PM »
There’s gotta be some Spaniards in this convo….

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2022, 01:41:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

that is true. a lot of those questionable/ tim and eric Henry tricks were on baby curbs but still went down none the less for sure but surely PJ was making shit up left and right on real ledges. 5-0 kickflip 5-0, switch heel front nose big spin. kickflip front tail 270. all the stuff that he did that suciu recreated was serioulsy next level for one person to do at once (most of which was all the same day) and it looked cold af outside and every trick was on the whole ledge. no dinky shit.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -391
« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2022, 02:15:08 PM »
MJ PJ Tom Asta Sucui Shane and a bunch of Brazilians

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2022, 05:37:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Suciu did all these tricks on a skate park ledge because they are all gnarly as fuck and was paying homage to PJ. (this is the obvious part)

The real shit is that PJ did all this stuff on a street ledge 15 years before with absolutely no reference.

Nobody was doing ANY of those tricks on ledges at the time. All very unorthodox tricks and not just your regular flip in flip out tricks. a lot of those tricks had never been seen before and it opened the door for dudes like shane oniell and suciu. Also PJ (WHL era) looks way cooler than all those dudes and skates way faster on crust. Not some perfect private parks or some marble dreamland like all the euros.

PJ is the answer

lol the plaza spot where he does most of the tricks that have been refered to doesnt look crusty at all. looks like a perfect spot

sk8punk110

• Rep: -39
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2022, 06:35:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

PJ is the answer
[close]

lol the plaza spot where he does most of the tricks that have been refered to doesnt look crusty at all. looks like a perfect spot
Still in the streets tho, not an angle iron ledge in the primitive park
My pillowcase is made out of griptape.  That core enough for your punk ass?

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2022, 06:51:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

PJ is the answer
[close]

[close]
Still in the streets tho, not an angle iron ledge in the primitive park

im not sure exactly which spot you are referring to, I am pretty sure you mean the one where he does the switch flip tail 270. that spot actually looks a bit hard to skate because its a bit tight, and it would be a bit scary because if you fell wrong you could get pretty hurt tumbling down those stairs. the spot with the eggs your board could go into the water and seems like you have to carve in a bit weird on that spot too but other than that it is pretty ideal too. they arent 100% free but they are pretty fucking sick. i thikn there is a reason you dont see too many other peeps hitting them like he does too.

Banned from the room

« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2022, 07:24:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

PJ is the answer
[close]

The navy yard?

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2022, 08:23:25 AM »
Honestly i'd say that school where he does the super long noseblunt was a better spot. that place looked fucking perfect! is that in MA?

The Mad Rapper

« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2022, 10:59:54 AM »
shane oniell has put out 20 more parts than PJ and PJLWHL still so much better to watch. also the only skate park footage PJ had in that part was on a vert ramp. 95% of that part was on spots you have never seen before or have rarely seen since.

Shane skates only perfect sunny spots. its just not the same. Suciu has ass style and just does all the tricks (on the very tip of every ledge)

Someone who hasnt been mentioned is Daewon. Or even Ishod. Daewon does bananas ledge tricks going mach

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2022, 11:28:23 AM »
some crossover - they definintely all have good styles, but i'd say

Style Category:

PJ
Kalis
Wenning
Stevie
Dr Z
Tiago
Carroll
Gino
Pops
Gall
Wade
Hamilton
TJ Rogers
AVE

NBD category

Biebel
MJ
Daewon
Creager
O'Neil
Jesus Fernandez
Haslam
Mike Mo
P Rod
Sanch
Mullen
Mariano
Smolik
Danny Montoya
Chris Cole
Felipe Gustavo

i halfcab board ledges

• Rep: 12
« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2022, 11:29:16 AM »
dont let a certain palace rider see this thread :-X
The year is 2364. Frog will be the only skateboard company.

mareo

• Rep: -342
« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2022, 11:37:15 AM »
this is 100% the pinnacle of ledge skating.

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

Banned from the room

« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2022, 12:34:42 PM »
shane oniell has put out 20 more parts than PJ and PJLWHL still so much better to watch. also the only skate park footage PJ had in that part was on a vert ramp. 95% of that part was on spots you have never seen before or have rarely seen since.

Shane skates only perfect sunny spots. its just not the same. Suciu has ass style and just does all the tricks (on the very tip of every ledge)

Someone who hasnt been mentioned is Daewon. Or even Ishod. Daewon does bananas ledge tricks going mach

I’m pretty sure I mentioned Ishod with Asta. Definitely thinking about those skills.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #118 on: May 26, 2022, 05:59:24 PM »
some crossover - they definintely all have good styles, but i'd say

Style Category:

PJ
Kalis
Wenning
Stevie
Dr Z
Tiago
Carroll
Gino
Pops
Gall
Wade
Hamilton
TJ Rogers
AVE

NBD category

Biebel
MJ
Daewon
Creager
O'Neil
Jesus Fernandez
Haslam
Mike Mo
P Rod
Sanch
Mullen
Mariano
Smolik
Danny Montoya
Chris Cole
Felipe Gustavo
If we are talking NBD's and a list that extensive, you can't not include Cory Kennedy. His two breakthrough parts were absolutely loaded with them. Also don't get how Koston isn't in the NBD category either.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #119 on: May 27, 2022, 01:06:41 AM »

The real shit is that PJ did all this stuff on a street ledge 20 years before with absolutely no reference.