Author Topic: Tyshawn shots fired at Mikey Alfred and Illegal Civ  (Read 170824 times)

JANUS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 578
Re: Tyshawn shots fired at Mikey Alfred and Illegal Civ
« Reply #180 on: June 18, 2022, 01:38:21 PM »
Butter for flavour, oil for crispy, baby!
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

skrub

• Rep: -3
« Reply #181 on: June 26, 2022, 08:07:46 PM »
I'm so jealous of people saying they find cast iron at local thrift shops. I'm in LA and people have made thrifting their job now so shit gets snatched up so quick

Go east. The Inland Empire has what you seek.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #182 on: June 26, 2022, 08:35:10 PM »
Absolute weirdos not using cast iron for eggs

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1215
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #183 on: June 26, 2022, 08:49:50 PM »
girlfriends grandparents gave us a cast iron skillet today. any tips for first time users

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #184 on: June 26, 2022, 09:08:53 PM »
you gotta heat it up first

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #185 on: June 27, 2022, 12:55:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Weird people are putting Jonah Hill and Mikey in the same camp. Jonah Hill is way cooler than Mikey Alfred. I've always thought Mikey was the worst, but when that interview came out talking shit on Spike Jones, that was the final straw. Hopefully he gets blacklisted from Hollywood.
[close]

Hollywood has to know who Mikey is to blacklist him

Re: Jonah.   People give him shit about his lack of talent, but that’s totally relatable.   Not everyone who loves skateboarding is required to have talent at it and he clearly has always had an affection for it.   I suck, but I’ve thought about few things more in the past 20 years of my life

Sure, Mid90s was a little bit of a masturbatory attempt to recast his life as a good skater, rather than embrace true/interesting/relatable version, but he’s never come across as exploitative of skateboarding and if it got him a seat at the cool skaters table for a little, bless up my friend.
[close]
Nah man I think Jonah Hill is a culture vulture. Look at the way he gave up on skating and now acts like he’s mr surf, posting ig clips of himself flagrantly burning people at malibu. I know first point is a kook circus drop-in fest but if you live right down the road maybe you could manage to get a clip where you aren’t just ruining somebody else’s wave? Other people manage to do it somehow.

He’s so bad at surfing too, which makes it even funnier. He caters his image to people who don’t actually surf/skate because they don’t know better and will think it’s “cool”. The guy just burns people then squat stances down the line

I like Jonah and he’s been in some of the best comedies, but his newfound surfer image is gold. Guy’s a textbook kook

OwlGreen

• Rep: -127
« Reply #186 on: June 27, 2022, 02:01:49 AM »
Is Jonah Hill Bizarro AO?

I like carbon steel.

Diamond_Dallas_Pudge

• Rep: -46
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #187 on: June 27, 2022, 03:02:32 AM »
$$ for footage of Jonah or Mikey skating because I know they dont

Show me a rock fakie a mobbed kickflip ANYTHING

Everybody kick in 5$ let's make this happen

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #188 on: June 27, 2022, 11:00:19 AM »

Enjoy, Pals:

https://imgur.com/a/REMN1Se

I accept venmo or paypal.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #189 on: June 27, 2022, 01:51:07 PM »
Guys PLEASE try to stay on topic, this is the cast iron skillet thread

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #190 on: June 27, 2022, 02:25:54 PM »
girlfriends grandparents gave us a cast iron skillet today. any tips for first time users
is it properly seasoned? new? hand me down? I suppose scrubbing it then adding some oil and throwing it in the oven or stove top for some time won't hurt.

If there's some seasoning on the pan cook something real fatty to keep the seasoning going. Bacon is pretty good. Been cooking bacon more frequently and noticing the non stick qualities of my pans going up.

just got a le creuset 5.5 classic. Scored one off of next door at a good price. got a tip to look at next door from talking about cooking with a stranger. gotta upgrade the lid knob to do some oven roasts tho. anyone got any simple roast recipes.

nothing's been the since same

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1215
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #191 on: June 27, 2022, 03:14:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
is it properly seasoned? new? hand me down? I suppose scrubbing it then adding some oil and throwing it in the oven or stove top for some time won't hurt.

If there's some seasoning on the pan cook something real fatty to keep the seasoning going. Bacon is pretty good. Been cooking bacon more frequently and noticing the non stick qualities of my pans going up.

just got a le creuset 5.5 classic. Scored one off of next door at a good price. got a tip to look at next door from talking about cooking with a stranger. gotta upgrade the lid knob to do some oven roasts tho. anyone got any simple roast recipes.
sick thank you! we were just talking about it and she said her grandparents bought it new, but seasoned it for us which i thought was sweet. gonna cook some bacon on it now! breakfast for dinner

Diamond_Dallas_Pudge

• Rep: -46
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #192 on: June 27, 2022, 07:25:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Expand Quote
Enjoy, Pals:

[close]

His wheels must be 60+mm

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #193 on: June 27, 2022, 07:48:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
sick thank you! we were just talking about it and she said her grandparents bought it new, but seasoned it for us which i thought was sweet. gonna cook some bacon on it now! breakfast for dinner

After using, I throw salt on it and wipe it down with a paper towel or cloth. Serves as a scrub. Then when cooking again, throw some olive oil on and repeat.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • no not never. looser.
« Reply #194 on: June 27, 2022, 07:48:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

People trying to demonize SLAP

Nah man really we just cooking bacon

Mention that on your podcast homie

Rune Spliffberg

• Rep: 99
« Reply #195 on: June 27, 2022, 07:50:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Expand Quote
Enjoy, Pals:

[close]

I'll never understand how people who insist on remaining so adjacent to skateboarding can't manage to use just a few dozen of those hundreds, if not thousands of hours, lurking, to actually spend enough time on a skateboard to not look like a baby deer trying to stand up for the first time.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1110
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #196 on: June 27, 2022, 07:55:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

After using, I throw salt on it and wipe it down with a paper towel or cloth. Serves as a scrub. Then when cooking again, throw some olive oil on and repeat.

Salt scrub definitely works. I’ll only do that if I cooked something that put some fond on the on or something, but otherwise I just wipe down. Bacon you definitely just pour out the grease and give a wipe with a paper towel

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #197 on: June 28, 2022, 08:00:42 AM »
so my new carbon steel is pretty chill but it still has that shitty lodge brand porous surface. it pisses me off. if i wipe it down with a paper towel it will chew up little shreds of paper and leave them all over the pan. i dont know why lodge makes shit like this. i think i might really need to hit it with some sandpaper, but that seems like kind of a pain, so if anyone knows a way to fix it faster, lmk. i mean, i guess i could just use a rag instead but then i have a greasy ass rag to wash and i dont have my own laundry machine in this apartment, so that's a pain as well. fuck lodge, all my homies hate lodge.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #198 on: June 28, 2022, 08:03:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Go do some beef bourguignon! This recipe is gonna smack you in the face
https://www.recipetineats.com/beef-bourguignon-beef-burgundy/

I end up just pairing it with those Idaho mashed potatoes you just add water too cause they're bomb but if you wanna go all in make some from scratch. Also recommend having some proper Sourdough with it

The.Skate.Father

• Rep: 42
« Reply #199 on: July 23, 2022, 12:19:48 PM »
My old mans got an old cast iron camp/dutch oven he cooks in, it looks gross, but all the lard produces mad flavour, and top results, no good for cholesterol I guess...
Just call me Daddy.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #200 on: July 23, 2022, 05:30:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Go do some beef bourguignon! This recipe is gonna smack you in the face
https://www.recipetineats.com/beef-bourguignon-beef-burgundy/

I end up just pairing it with those Idaho mashed potatoes you just add water too cause they're bomb but if you wanna go all in make some from scratch. Also recommend having some proper Sourdough with it

Beef burgundy is so fucking good and I haven't had it in forever!

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #201 on: July 23, 2022, 07:16:11 PM »
all of the mare kooks

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #202 on: July 23, 2022, 11:07:50 PM »
I really didn’t do my cast iron justice the first couple years I had it. Didn’t season or clean it properly all. A while back tho I watched this video and it had everything you really need to know about cleaning/maintaining a cast iron. Pretty funny too

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1110
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #203 on: July 24, 2022, 07:04:34 AM »
I really didn’t do my cast iron justice the first couple years I had it. Didn’t season or clean it properly all. A while back tho I watched this video and it had everything you really need to know about cleaning/maintaining a cast iron. Pretty funny too

Weird cowboys with their own YouTube cooking channels is one of my favorite YouTube subgenres

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 326
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #204 on: July 24, 2022, 07:18:04 AM »

“See the shine? Ready to go next time.” Dudes on repeat now for me.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #205 on: July 24, 2022, 11:28:29 AM »
Expand Quote

White Humpty looking fuck
I’m not reading this whole thread because this Humpty Hump reference is all I need to see!!!  ;D
I’m dying here

323-BALM

• Rep: 46
« Reply #206 on: July 29, 2022, 08:39:36 AM »
So we cut the camp trip short by a day. Biting flies put us over the edge and it just wasn’t worth it. The kids got the full multi-day off the grid camping experience, though, so it was a huge success.
Our cast iron griddle caught on fire. Lodge, about a half inch thick. It’s probably 9x20, short wheelbase but fun for pancakes and roasting stuff. Lives on the center rack of the oven at home.
We went for campfire cookies and boom the thing was ablaze! Coating flaky, partner said it’s fucked forget it. But I remembered these skateboardmessageboarders who knew about everything, from history to fashion to holy shit: cast iron cooking! so here I am.
Can it be saved, it’s just a hunk of metal, that “coating” was just some cancer-inducing buildup of corboxylized oils and corbonium-rich crust, right?
I can scrub it with a wire brush and start over? Break it down to build it up like the army?
Thanks in advance for any tips you can give on this. And my pants and music and politics and graffiti and trans rights too!
You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • no not never. looser.
« Reply #207 on: July 29, 2022, 09:20:33 AM »
So we cut the camp trip short by a day. Biting flies put us over the edge and it just wasn’t worth it. The kids got the full multi-day off the grid camping experience, though, so it was a huge success.
Our cast iron griddle caught on fire. Lodge, about a half inch thick. It’s probably 9x20, short wheelbase but fun for pancakes and roasting stuff. Lives on the center rack of the oven at home.
We went for campfire cookies and boom the thing was ablaze! Coating flaky, partner said it’s fucked forget it. But I remembered these skateboardmessageboarders who knew about everything, from history to fashion to holy shit: cast iron cooking! so here I am.
Can it be saved, it’s just a hunk of metal, that “coating” was just some cancer-inducing buildup of corboxylized oils and corbonium-rich crust, right?
I can scrub it with a wire brush and start over? Break it down to build it up like the army?
Thanks in advance for any tips you can give on this. And my pants and music and politics and graffiti and trans rights too!

Sometimes when I bbq or do a pit fire I take the hot coals and bury my cast iron to burn everything off. Whatever is stuck will flake off if it has long and even contact with the coals. It’s an opportunity to start over in a way.

Yep. Scrub it well and apply a layer of oil and just start seasoning it. Give it a couple of coats or, like I’ve said, cook some bacon after seasoning it a couple of times. All the bacon fat will help re season and gives a good coat. I also save the fat in a can in the fridge for frying eggs chicken vegetables you name it. Hashbrows in bacon fat are good.

Remember. Hot pan, hot water lol. Been using that advice since I would usually just let my pans cool before cleaning them

323-BALM

• Rep: 46
« Reply #208 on: July 29, 2022, 01:10:53 PM »
Nice, thanks!

Doing a heavy scrub clean up today, one pass with a grille brush already looking better.

Also poking around the cast iron subreddit for an overview, thanks. My Own Research confirms the indestructible hypothesis, will go forward with that until proven otherwise.

Also bopping around https://www.castironcollector.com/  , looking for the ID on the Wagner Drip Drop Roaster No.8 my mom gave us. It’s pretty sick: my partner preps lasagna and enchiladas pre-camping, using this Dutch oven as the mold. She freezes them in the pot, lined in aluminum foil. These frozen food frisbees are used as ice for the cooler, then boom she cooks them off and melts cheese over the campfire, v rustic and fun. Into it.

You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.

OwlGreen

• Rep: -127
« Reply #209 on: July 29, 2022, 03:31:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Expand Quote
Enjoy, Pals:

[close]

Holy fuck this clip is fucking embarrassing.