Author Topic: GX1000- Right Here For Pablo  (Read 41865 times)

silhouette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1573
Re: GX1000- Right Here For Pablo
« Reply #240 on: August 20, 2022, 06:12:53 PM »
Won't anyone think of the Fred Galls?

dannyprovolone

« Reply #241 on: August 20, 2022, 06:36:23 PM »
one of the greatest films of all time

Nosebleed-section

• Rep: 31
« Reply #243 on: August 20, 2022, 11:11:03 PM »
I finished watching it just to immediately restart it and then watch it again this morning. I also had to swear to my gf to never bomb hills again 
just nipples affiliate

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #244 on: August 20, 2022, 11:42:20 PM »
After watching this, Hockey X, and T Funk's Baker part from this year, all other skating feels so slow. Faster faster faster faster.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

stupidfuckface

• Rep: 20
« Reply #245 on: August 21, 2022, 05:02:31 AM »

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #246 on: August 21, 2022, 05:03:01 AM »
These dudes are not getting paid, they live 10 deep in a studio apartment and share beds. Just cause they have a supreme and a thrasher sticker doesn’t mean they’re on payroll
p-shuvs and v-flips

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 708
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #247 on: August 21, 2022, 05:36:18 AM »
is this not yonnie cruz at 19:23 with the lakais on and also taking the slam on bigspin back tail on blubba?

edit: nope its tyler pacheco
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 05:53:05 AM by rawbertson. »

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #248 on: August 21, 2022, 06:18:52 AM »
if you notice there are actually kind of parts in the video. it helps a lot if you have a 2nd version of the video with the credits up with the names. they kind of introduce all the main guys at the beginning for the most part. but then the first real part is chris athans. 2nd part is jeff carlyle, then kind like 2 montage parts, then eddie cernicky, zack krull, then like 1 more montage then jake johnson, then after black hammers. its just harder to follow because a lot of the regulars are sprinkled throughout and dont have full parts.

Jordan Wiens

• Rep: 49
  • @wardenjeans
    • portfolio avatar image
« Reply #249 on: August 21, 2022, 07:23:07 AM »
Expand Quote

also that last sean greene clip looked like maybe the fastest anyone has gone on a regular skateb0ard
[close]

https://www.google.com/maps/place/5+Buena+Vista+Terrace,+San+Francisco,+CA+94117/@37.7690116,-122.4381594,3a,75y,79.76h,86.95t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sHEKAAxEStIwY2rX782BGUg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192!4m5!3m4!1s0x808580a8fe4d4fcd:0x4f8eded55dd2af0e!8m2!3d37.7689119!4d-122.4380759
oh shit we went down left when we were there. that hill is mellow and long and fun. basically disregarded the hill sean did as doable lmao
youtube.com/wardenjeans
twitch.tv/wardenjeans

FUBAR

• Rep: 249
« Reply #250 on: August 21, 2022, 10:11:03 AM »
Fucking amazing video. I also thought about big wave surfing when watching the hill bombs. Big wave surfing while dodging boats on the wave and rocks sticking up from the surface of the water.

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #251 on: August 21, 2022, 10:11:36 AM »
These dudes are not getting paid, they live 10 deep in a studio apartment and share beds. Just cause they have a supreme and a thrasher sticker doesn’t mean they’re on payroll
i know this was at least true a couple years ago but i'm really hoping that it's not true anymore lmao. i get why there was no gx branding on this video but i feel like that means that these dudes are gonna have a hard time getting the bag

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
who's the guy bombing at 39:41?
[close]

Andrew Fiene
[close]
what street is this?
looks to be in the same region as baxter street in LA but i could be wrong. @honey island

DERBY

• Rep: 309
« Reply #252 on: August 21, 2022, 10:13:18 AM »

That hill is incredibly steep.. like twice as steep as it looks on film... I seriously doubt anybody walks up it..

is this the same hill those dudes bombed in the rain?

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 688
« Reply #253 on: August 21, 2022, 10:30:10 AM »
That handrail to hillbomb at the end is so incredibly fucked in person. Neck high drop off to crazy hill. I don’t think I could even watch in person.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -226
« Reply #254 on: August 21, 2022, 10:34:11 AM »
GX, 18, Krooked, or Crail should poach that Japanese kid from Doomsayers. He rips.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Johnny $witchblade

• Rep: -87
« Reply #255 on: August 21, 2022, 10:50:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i know this was at least true a couple years ago but i'm really hoping that it's not true anymore lmao. i get why there was no gx branding on this video but i feel like that means that these dudes are gonna have a hard time getting the bag

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
who's the guy bombing at 39:41?
[close]

Andrew Fiene
[close]
what street is this?
[close]
looks to be in the same region as baxter street in LA but i could be wrong. @honey island

Getting what bag?

quackquack

• Rep: -441
« Reply #256 on: August 21, 2022, 10:54:25 AM »
GX, 18, Krooked, or Crail should poach that Japanese kid from Doomsayers. He rips.

Is that the guy who did the china-banks back lip and that crazy nosebonk-360-I-dont-even-know at the metro station?
Oh, the places you'll go.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #257 on: August 21, 2022, 11:20:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Is that the guy who did the china-banks back lip and that crazy nosebonk-360-I-dont-even-know at the metro station?

Yup

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 633
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #258 on: August 21, 2022, 11:29:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yup
Someone dropped his Insta a few pages back: https://www.instagram.com/taihoutokura/

He's credited as T4

My mouth is hella dry after watching this with my mouth wide open, rewinding over and over again, and just straight up smiling at some of the ingenious clips.

Someone said it earlier, but the audio was beautiful! There were a couple of pole jams where the sound of metal clanging metal then leading to a wheel screech… the effect was like hearing a hot rod engine revving and peeling out. Amazing.

Spotters Of The Year.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -468
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #259 on: August 21, 2022, 11:51:49 AM »
That one kickflip Jake did over the bump to bar I actually screamed. Incredible video. I thought I’d be tired of the flip trick/wallride or wallie/basic grind or slide to hill bomb formula but it hasn’t lost its appeal yet. The guy who looks like a Slavic caveman farmer fucking rips too.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #260 on: August 21, 2022, 11:52:38 AM »
do these guys ride loose trucks for those huge hill bombs or do they tighten up a bit for that shit? it looks pretty loose to me just rewatching that sean greene bs 180.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #261 on: August 21, 2022, 12:25:12 PM »
One of my favorite tricks in this I actually kept thinking about all day today was that one alley-oop nosejam 270 tailgrab thing towards the end with that wild surfy landing. Would anyone care about enlightening someone who can be out of the loop about who that skater is? I mean I'll probably run into that clip on IG soon enough anyway but still, what a fucked up maneuver and clip (out of another gazillion in there, I've been to a lot of those hills and can relate to how impossible they are).

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #262 on: August 21, 2022, 12:26:04 PM »
wish we had more jj footage

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #263 on: August 21, 2022, 12:29:55 PM »
One of my favorite tricks in this I actually kept thinking about all day today was that one alley-oop nosejam 270 tailgrab thing towards the end with that wild surfy landing. Would anyone care about enlightening someone who can be out of the loop about who that skater is? I mean I'll probably run into that clip on IG soon enough anyway but still, what a fucked up maneuver and clip (out of another gazillion in there, I've been to a lot of those hills and can relate to how impossible they are).

Who we talk about a few posts above. Taihou Tokura, pro for Doomsayers.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #264 on: August 21, 2022, 12:36:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, I can be that out of the loop. Loved his style throughout, thank you!

Royce Lopez

• Rep: 8
« Reply #265 on: August 21, 2022, 12:56:51 PM »
I like how people move out of the way super early…don’t think there is anything crazier and out of control looking than guy on a loud wobbly skateboard. At least from non motorised stuff.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 810
« Reply #266 on: August 21, 2022, 12:56:58 PM »
That handrail to hillbomb at the end is so incredibly fucked in person. Neck high drop off to crazy hill. I don’t think I could even watch in person.

Yeah it's bonkers. In front of InterContinental Hotel in Nob Hill.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #267 on: August 21, 2022, 01:08:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah, I can be that out of the loop. Loved his style throughout, thank you!

No prob.

It’s sad that Doomsayers turned him pro earlier this year and we’ve all still been somewhat out of the loop with what he can do until this video dropped.

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #268 on: August 21, 2022, 01:30:48 PM »

Fuck, I bet I couldn't watch in person either.

I really feel like having never been to these spots I will never fully understand exactly how insane this video is... Because that spot looks 9/10 gnarly and the descriptions people are giving make this spot seem 11/10 gnarly.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yup
[close]
Someone dropped his Insta a few pages back: https://www.instagram.com/taihoutokura/

He's credited as T4

My mouth is hella dry after watching this with my mouth wide open, rewinding over and over again, and just straight up smiling at some of the ingenious clips.

Someone said it earlier, but the audio was beautiful! There were a couple of pole jams where the sound of metal clanging metal then leading to a wheel screech… the effect was like hearing a hot rod engine revving and peeling out. Amazing.

Spotters Of The Year.

For real I was thinking the same things. Spotters of the year. I'm so glad they had like 5-10 spotters on some of those bombs.

And yeah shout-out to that skater. I kept wondering who he was too.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 376
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #269 on: August 21, 2022, 01:33:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah it's bonkers. In front of InterContinental Hotel in Nob Hill.

Was about to post this cover! The footage is filmed from the absolute worst angle and doesn’t do it justice at all lol
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E