Author Topic: Problems with USA skateboarding team  (Read 33753 times)

BRINK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -961
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Problems with USA skateboarding team
« Reply #510 on: August 08, 2022, 07:26:46 PM »

BRINK

« Reply #511 on: August 08, 2022, 07:27:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
PS. Here’s who is “running” USA Skateboarding now …

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXKpaKxFXyy/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

[close]

The guys you are supporting screwed you out of 20 K !

Sounds like these guys were shit canned because they ran a sloppy business....maybe thats why you didn't get paid ?
[close]

No these are people who are still there. The reason everyone good is gone lmao

Keep telling yourself that.

There is a reason they started at the top... I know you are only a journalist but they must have taught you something about business in college.

[close]
[close]

They didnt start at the top. They have worked on the board of directors for free lmao. Maybe if you had  a clue what you are speaking on I’d be able to take you somewhat seriously. Also feel free to do your homework to find out what I do for a living so you don’t sound so stupid.
[close]

Josh and Gary didn't get paid?

Thanks for the homework assignment teach......hard pass!

Well then keep sounding like a moron. Fine by me.

BRINK

« Reply #512 on: August 08, 2022, 07:29:31 PM »
12 days and still got this thread at the top of the UWTB page so people can read about USA Skateboarding’s downward spiral and the transphobe guy … easier than I thought, thanks to y’all for helping. The next couple days should be good.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 173
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #513 on: August 08, 2022, 08:03:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
wow the guy from Tool is a bootlicker. right on. maybe he'll tour with kid rock next time
[close]

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/wtf/maynard_gives_middle_finger_to_vegans_bacon_is_life.html

He's also a cringe epic bacon dork
[close]
well he did write that one (secret) track where he compares the harvesting of carrots to the holocaust, or at least tries to somehow equate that harvesting vegetables is on par with animal agriculture . Now that I think about it, that track is probably responsible for a lot of the mouth breathers out there whose sole argument against veganism is that "but, plants have feelings too you know?"
[close]

Closet Tool fan I see.

Vegan is difficult. Kudos to anyone who can commit to it. Never been able to get past vegetarian.

These are the cries of the carrots …
one of my mates in high school was a massive fan! "tomorrow is harvest day, and for them ... it is... the holocaust"

What is hard about veganism in 2022? I think it's easier than ever tbh (and I live in rural nowhere), shit was hard in the 90s/ early 00s for sure, especially if you were trying to eat out!
I was a bit of a long-time vegetarian too, but then found out that the dairy/ egg industry is probably even more cruel than the meat industry itself (all comparative of course) and that the two are so intertwined that simply avoiding one of those industries wasn't really reducing my overall consumption of animals. People's reasons (and journeys) for this type of diet differ greatly thought so yeah...

Jesus, the whole bacon meme thing damn near turned me vegan.
Shit is cringe as fuck. 
that's cool, I post on a few vegan pages on FB and the number of just fucking plain vile meat eaters that constantly post on those pages ("Yo vegans, stop pushing your beliefs on me" though right?) makes me lose my faith in humanity every time I read them...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

HereFortheBeer

« Reply #514 on: August 08, 2022, 08:24:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Sounds like these guys were shit canned because they ran a sloppy business....maybe thats why you didn't get paid ?
[close]

There is a reason they started at the top... I know you are only a journalist but they must have taught you something about business in college.

[close]
[close]

They didnt start at the top. They have worked on the board of directors for free lmao. Maybe if you had  a clue what you are speaking on I’d be able to take you somewhat seriously. Also feel free to do your homework to find out what I do for a living so you don’t sound so stupid.
[close]

[close]

Name calling is easier than answering a simple question.

How come you and other people didn't get paid? 

Did you read the report you posted or thier  tax returns? ( posted on USA skateboarding website)

They were a little sloppy with their books...... And guess who they go after first?

Looks like you have some homework tonight teach.......

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -75
« Reply #515 on: August 08, 2022, 09:00:58 PM »

Expand Quote
Shit is cringe as fuck. 
[close]
that's cool, I post on a few vegan pages on FB and the number of just fucking plain vile meat eaters that constantly post on those pages ("Yo vegans, stop pushing your beliefs on me" though right?) makes me lose my faith in humanity every time I read them...

As an avid meat eater I'll say, we are the bad guys.
I get it. The vegetarians/vegans have reasonable cause to be mad at us.
The cruelty as well as environmental damage from industrial meat farming is undeniable.
Meat eaters getting pissy with vegetarians is just total bitch shit.

Will I stop eating meat? Nah, probably not. 
But I won't fight in favor of eating meat either.
And if a vote ever popped up I would vote in favor of reducing or eliminating meat consumption in spite of my personal inclinations.
My one vow in life is I won't be an old person who stands in the way of progress. Sure, I'll happily indulge in my archaic ways while they're available, but when the time comes, I'll shut the fuck up and get the fuck out of the way. 

BRINK

« Reply #516 on: August 08, 2022, 09:08:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Name calling is easier than answering a simple question.

How come you and other people didn't get paid? 

Did you read the report you posted or thier  tax returns? ( posted on USA skateboarding website)

They were a little sloppy with their books...... And guess who they go after first?

Looks like you have some homework tonight teach.......

Me and others weren’t paid out our expenses, pto and severence when we were let go. That’s supposed to happen on the last day. It’s been 2.5 months of wage theft on their part … aka purposely breaking employment law.

Yes I read it all. Clowns fucked it all up. Ultimately the board’s fault as they oversee the entire org, including the CEO. Yes Josh was paid as CEO. Gary I presume not because he was on the board. Never really interacted with the dude or cared. I was director of marketing and ecommerce and kept myself away from the execs, board and politics. I made all the cool merch like the Haroshi, Jenkins and Henry Jones collabs.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #517 on: August 08, 2022, 09:12:43 PM »

BRINK

« Reply #518 on: August 08, 2022, 09:14:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
wow the guy from Tool is a bootlicker. right on. maybe he'll tour with kid rock next time
[close]

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/wtf/maynard_gives_middle_finger_to_vegans_bacon_is_life.html

He's also a cringe epic bacon dork
[close]
well he did write that one (secret) track where he compares the harvesting of carrots to the holocaust, or at least tries to somehow equate that harvesting vegetables is on par with animal agriculture . Now that I think about it, that track is probably responsible for a lot of the mouth breathers out there whose sole argument against veganism is that "but, plants have feelings too you know?"
[close]

Closet Tool fan I see.

Vegan is difficult. Kudos to anyone who can commit to it. Never been able to get past vegetarian.

These are the cries of the carrots …
[close]
one of my mates in high school was a massive fan! "tomorrow is harvest day, and for them ... it is... the holocaust"

What is hard about veganism in 2022? I think it's easier than ever tbh (and I live in rural nowhere), shit was hard in the 90s/ early 00s for sure, especially if you were trying to eat out!
I was a bit of a long-time vegetarian too, but then found out that the dairy/ egg industry is probably even more cruel than the meat industry itself (all comparative of course) and that the two are so intertwined that simply avoiding one of those industries wasn't really reducing my overall consumption of animals. People's reasons (and journeys) for this type of diet differ greatly thought so yeah...

Expand Quote
Shit is cringe as fuck. 
[close]

I hate eggs and milk. Always have. When I say vegan is difficult its mainly in the sense of … ok I can’t have this dessert sometimes or this piece of pizza or cheese board because dairy is a part of it  … like as an ingredient. But straight milk and eggs I have hated since I was a kid. Shits vile without knowing the production side of it.

But I live easier now knowing that since 2014 theres a ton less animal death and suffering and climate change on my hands than before. Def easier to eat this way in Cali too compared to NJ where I used to be.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
« Reply #519 on: August 08, 2022, 09:22:25 PM »

BRINK

« Reply #520 on: August 08, 2022, 09:24:41 PM »

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1173
  • What, me worry?

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

BRINK

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #524 on: August 09, 2022, 06:14:26 AM »

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #525 on: August 09, 2022, 06:24:03 AM »
Tool is good.

Tool memes are hilarious

When it comes to weird time signatures and stuff, I love some Animals as leaders

no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1398
« Reply #526 on: August 09, 2022, 07:30:12 AM »
 tool is bad

Brink

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1173
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #527 on: August 09, 2022, 07:31:06 AM »

HereFortheBeer

« Reply #528 on: August 09, 2022, 07:31:17 AM »
What the fuck is wrong with you BRINK?! Whatever your moral or factual high ground was, those taunts about cheating stand to hurt the entire family, including Bryce who you claim to support. But mainly stooping so low is just fucking twisted. I'm baffled how you can be right about wanting to help (you're not actually helping, with this behaviour) minority communities but not see how incredibly wrong and terrible (and cruel) your own approach is. Nobody wants you as their defender if this is who you are and how you act. I thought the memes and this childish behaviour by a grown man on a message board were maybe just an act and validated by your cause being an honourable one but apparently you're not at all in a well adjusted place. Take a step back man and get some help for yourself before you embark on any more heroic defenses of minorities that will only be hurt by your associating with them. Seriously WHAT THE FUCK.

Oh and Max I've already told you on Twitter but can you please take your patriarchal transphobic ass out of skateboarding altogether and stop ruining your daughter's career?

I'm petitioning both Brink and Max to be thrown off this forum, they've both crossed the line (which is already remarkably low on here). If not for our sake, then at least for Bryce's. Imagine being 18 years old and having to watch your dad shit on your friends in a newspaper article after you've expressed your support for them and then get into an online mudfight with another grown man who claims to be your friend but smears gossip on your mum just so he can win the argument... basically two men who should be your guardians behaving like deranged teenagers exploiting your career to grab attention. Feeling real sorry for her right now.

Brink...No wonder you were fired from your job. Not only are you a shitty journalist you are a shitting person!

BRINK IS A TOOL

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2257
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #529 on: August 09, 2022, 08:56:57 AM »
I keep coming back to this thread for another “hit” but it’s gotten so diluted with Tool Time talk at this point that it reminds me of one of Rob’s old projects, Weakened Buzz, a program so watered down that the pablum spilling from the lips of the Nine Club hosts seemed spicy by comparison when it first hit.

EDIT: That wasn’t really fair. I never actually watched that show. Not to my liking, frankly. Sorry Brink.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

BRINK

« Reply #530 on: August 09, 2022, 12:04:59 PM »
I keep coming back to this thread for another “hit” but it’s gotten so diluted with Tool Time talk at this point that it reminds me of one of Rob’s old projects, Weakened Buzz, a program so watered down that the pablum spilling from the lips of the Nine Club hosts seemed spicy by comparison when it first hit.

EDIT: That wasn’t really fair. I never actually watched that show. Not to my liking, frankly. Sorry Brink.

Expand Quote
What the fuck is wrong with you BRINK?! Whatever your moral or factual high ground was, those taunts about cheating stand to hurt the entire family, including Bryce who you claim to support. But mainly stooping so low is just fucking twisted. I'm baffled how you can be right about wanting to help (you're not actually helping, with this behaviour) minority communities but not see how incredibly wrong and terrible (and cruel) your own approach is. Nobody wants you as their defender if this is who you are and how you act. I thought the memes and this childish behaviour by a grown man on a message board were maybe just an act and validated by your cause being an honourable one but apparently you're not at all in a well adjusted place. Take a step back man and get some help for yourself before you embark on any more heroic defenses of minorities that will only be hurt by your associating with them. Seriously WHAT THE FUCK.

Oh and Max I've already told you on Twitter but can you please take your patriarchal transphobic ass out of skateboarding altogether and stop ruining your daughter's career?

I'm petitioning both Brink and Max to be thrown off this forum, they've both crossed the line (which is already remarkably low on here). If not for our sake, then at least for Bryce's. Imagine being 18 years old and having to watch your dad shit on your friends in a newspaper article after you've expressed your support for them and then get into an online mudfight with another grown man who claims to be your friend but smears gossip on your mum just so he can win the argument... basically two men who should be your guardians behaving like deranged teenagers exploiting your career to grab attention. Feeling real sorry for her right now.
[close]

Brink...No wonder you were fired from your job. Not only are you a shitty journalist you are a shitting person!

BRINK IS A TOOL

At least one thing you wrote is correct … I am a shitting person. Took one about an hour ago actually.

BRINK

« Reply #531 on: August 09, 2022, 12:05:59 PM »
https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1126759/world-skate-show-support-for-gary-ream

Expand Quote
Exclusive: World Skate throws support behind Ream even after financial allegations

Gary Ream will remain as chair of the World Skate Skateboarding Technical Commission despite a damning audit from the USOPC which forced him to resign as chair of USA Skateboarding

There are no plans to remove Gary Ream as chair of the World Skate Skateboarding Technical Commission, despite him being forced to stand down from his position in the United States following allegations which included financial impropriety.

World Skate has thrown its support behind Ream as the turmoil at USA Skateboarding (USAS) continued with the resignation over the weekend of several members of the Board of Directors and coaches.

Ream resigned last week, insidethegames exclusively revealed, following publication of a damning audit conducted by the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC).

The audit, completed last month, ruled that USAS was "deficient" in 28 of the 48 areas investigated.

This included 13 of the 16 sections related to governance and compliance and all seven in financial standards and reporting practices.

Ream was appointed as chair of the World Skate Skateboarding Technical Commission in 2017 and oversaw the sport's Olympic debut at Tokyo 2020.

As it stands, he will also be in charge of the sport's appearance at Paris 2024.

"We are aware of the outcomes of the USOPC audit and respect the choice made by Mr. Ream of resigning from the USA Skateboarding Board," a spokesperson for World Skate told insidethegames.

"At the same time, we must highlight that no legal or sport authority indictment, incompatible with his technical position at the IF (International Federation) level, has been made to Mr. Ream."

insidethegames can also reveal that a close ally of Ream’s, Josh Friedberg, also forced to leave USAS as chief executive following publication of the USOPC audit, holds a key role at World Skate as chair of its Adaptive Commission.

insidethegames revealed last week that Don Bostick had replaced Ream as chair of USAS.

But over the weekend there were a number of resignations from the Board of Directors, including Micaela Ramirez and Oscar Loreto Jr.

Skateboarder Nicole Hause, the only one filling a position on the four-person USAS Athlete Directors, has also been removed from the national governing body’s website.

The only Board of Directors now listed are Bryan Ridgeway, a former manager of skateboarding legend Tony Hawk, and Stephanie Murdock, the founder and President of the Skatepark of Baltimore.
[close]

Shouts out to Nicole for bailing too.

BRINK

« Reply #532 on: August 09, 2022, 12:31:30 PM »

A critique of my show from a guy who claims he “never actually watched it.”

And repeated insults from the guy who claimed he never had a problem with me when I addressed it months ago.

I’d call you disingenuous but that’s probably too complimentary … as it could be intentional.

I think you’re just confused. Desperate for a zinger. But keep going. Join the pile on. Maybe one day you’ll actually figure out how to hurt my feelings like you want to.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1309
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #533 on: August 09, 2022, 12:39:41 PM »
I REALLY DON"T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THIS THREAD AND SEEING IT AT THE TOP OF THE BOARD ACTIVELY BOTHERS ME. STOP RESPONDING TO BRINK. PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

BRINK

« Reply #534 on: August 09, 2022, 12:45:11 PM »
I REALLY DON"T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THIS THREAD AND SEEING IT AT THE TOP OF THE BOARD ACTIVELY BOTHERS ME. STOP RESPONDING TO BRINK. PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

But you just put it at the top again?

😂😂😂😂

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1398
« Reply #535 on: August 09, 2022, 01:03:43 PM »
You're so two thousand and late brink, Nyjah songs the new hotness

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 177
« Reply #536 on: August 09, 2022, 01:16:45 PM »
Since you’re here to stay Brink would be curious to know what it is/was like working with Nyjah on Disorder.  Think I read you were part of that at one point? 

I was reading Alex Papke’s article on Nyjah’s Monster Euro tour in Thrasher and was surprised to find it pretty compelling.  All the usual Nyjah nuttiness aside, he seems really focused and driven when it comes to his work (eschews drinking on tour, and funded a day trip to get a trick in an area outside the purview of the tour). 

Does he bring that approach to his company?

BRINK

« Reply #537 on: August 09, 2022, 02:42:39 PM »
You're so two thousand and late brink, Nyjah songs the new hotness

Nice!

BRINK

« Reply #538 on: August 09, 2022, 02:48:15 PM »
Since you’re here to stay Brink would be curious to know what it is/was like working with Nyjah on Disorder.  Think I read you were part of that at one point? 

I was reading Alex Papke’s article on Nyjah’s Monster Euro tour in Thrasher and was surprised to find it pretty compelling.  All the usual Nyjah nuttiness aside, he seems really focused and driven when it comes to his work (eschews drinking on tour, and funded a day trip to get a trick in an area outside the purview of the tour). 

Yes … set up the website and all the ecommerce. Email marketing, etc etc. Helped with a bunch of stuff for the first 8-10 months until they could do it themselves.

Very very disciplined about his skating. Def more grown up now and able to focus on things that help him skate … fitness, diet, recovery, rest etc. He’s matured a lot. And he knows what he wants … in skating, in business, with the product he develops. Does not give a fuck about what people thinks … does it his way.

He loves skateboarding so much. And is aware of his timeline. And wants to squeeze every drop out of the time he has to do what he can before his body prevents it.

I’ve been working on the documentary with him, Ty, his family and friends for a bunch of years now. Its been pretty awesome. Looking fwd to seeing it come to light when it’s ready.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 177
« Reply #539 on: August 09, 2022, 03:46:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yes … set up the website and all the ecommerce. Email marketing, etc etc. Helped with a bunch of stuff for the first 8-10 months until they could do it themselves.

Very very disciplined about his skating. Def more grown up now and able to focus on things that help him skate … fitness, diet, recovery, rest etc. He’s matured a lot. And he knows what he wants … in skating, in business, with the product he develops. Does not give a fuck about what people thinks … does it his way.

He loves skateboarding so much. And is aware of his timeline. And wants to squeeze every drop out of the time he has to do what he can before his body prevents it.

I’ve been working on the documentary with him, Ty, his family and friends for a bunch of years now. Its been pretty awesome. Looking fwd to seeing it come to light when it’s ready.

Nice, thank you.

I’m excited for that doc