Author Topic: Andrew Reynolds on NB#  (Read 109151 times)

mj23

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Andrew Reynolds on NB#
« Reply #270 on: September 12, 2022, 08:47:37 AM »

in other NB news, the 990v6 should be coming out soon. it's definitely better than the 990v5 which was straight up the ugliest 990 ever (and not even in the cool way that 990s are known for)... but i'll need to see some in the wild before i fully make up my mind. 990v3 still my favorite so far.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1262
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #271 on: September 12, 2022, 09:21:33 AM »

in other NB news, the 990v6 should be coming out soon. it's definitely better than the 990v5 which was straight up the ugliest 990 ever (and not even in the cool way that 990s are known for)... but i'll need to see some in the wild before i fully make up my mind. 990v3 still my favorite so far.
those are beautiful. as someone stated above, asics gel lytes are a great shoe to chill in also and are pleasing to look down at

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #272 on: September 12, 2022, 10:05:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
those are beautiful. as someone stated above, asics gel lytes are a great shoe to chill in also and are pleasing to look down at

the truth. I have had 2 pairs of asic gel lyte V's over the years. most comfortable shoe I have ever owned. I have been trying to pick some up over the last year but it seems like they're not in production right now smdh

mj23

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #273 on: September 12, 2022, 10:39:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

the truth. I have had 2 pairs of asic gel lyte V's over the years. most comfortable shoe I have ever owned. I have been trying to pick some up over the last year but it seems like they're not in production right now smdh
Do they run narrow? I only had one pair of ASICS and they were too narrow for my feet. That’s a big part of the appeal for Me with NBs— they’re pretty darn wide

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #274 on: September 12, 2022, 11:16:19 AM »
@mj23 my only experience with new balances were a secondhand pair of 574's I picked up randomly a long time ago so it has been a while. in memory, I wanna say the asics were very similar but 1000x more comfy. highly recommended

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #275 on: September 12, 2022, 03:55:29 PM »
So is he of?

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
« Reply #276 on: September 12, 2022, 04:16:09 PM »

990v3 most definitely the best.  I appreciate your distinguished taste in 990s

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #277 on: September 12, 2022, 04:24:44 PM »
i think the 990v6 is probably the worst iteration yet, after the v5 (really after the v2, but y’all aint ready for that conversation), though the v5 is a fine shoe in my opinion. that’s the first pic i’ve seen of the v6 that makes them look wearable, i still think the sole is too big, like they tried to make it too trendy looking like a yeezy wave runner or something.

my 990 rankings:
1. 990v3
2. 990v4
3. 990v1
4. 990v5
5. 990v2

rukes

• Rep: 221
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #278 on: September 12, 2022, 04:55:47 PM »
Vans laid off 600 staff so they could push the Reynolds contract through. He ain't going nowhere.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

mj23

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #279 on: September 12, 2022, 05:16:05 PM »
i think the 990v6 is probably the worst iteration yet, after the v5 (really after the v2, but y’all aint ready for that conversation), though the v5 is a fine shoe in my opinion. that’s the first pic i’ve seen of the v6 that makes them look wearable, i still think the sole is too big, like they tried to make it too trendy looking like a yeezy wave runner or something.

my 990 rankings:
1. 990v3
2. 990v4
3. 990v1
4. 990v5
5. 990v2
Now we’re cooking with gas

Here’s my take:

V1 almost don’t even count they look so different.
V2 is some sort of cartoon shoe. Love it or hate it.
V3 is almost perfection.
V4 is fucking with something that didn’t really need to be fixed, but it’s ok I guess.
V5 is straight up fugly
V6 idk yet but I like them more as I look at them closer

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #280 on: September 12, 2022, 07:54:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Do they run narrow? I only had one pair of ASICS and they were too narrow for my feet. That’s a big part of the appeal for Me with NBs— they’re pretty darn wide
nah the gel lyte 4s are perfect i have pretty standard feet in terms of width and i have a little wiggle room. if you like the 990s you’ll like the asics

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #281 on: September 12, 2022, 10:33:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
nah the gel lyte 4s are perfect i have pretty standard feet in terms of width and i have a little wiggle room. if you like the 990s you’ll like the asics
Flexing my dad shoe steeze

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #282 on: September 13, 2022, 02:02:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Am I the only person who prefers Saucony 5000/6000 for chilling? Haven’t tried ASICS though so maybe a gel lyte iii should be in my future.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 03:27:56 AM by Big Baby Jesus »
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #283 on: September 13, 2022, 10:24:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Am I the only person who prefers Saucony 5000/6000 for chilling? Haven’t tried ASICS though so maybe a gel lyte iii should be in my future.
i haven’t tried those yet. a friend of mine has some and he loves em so i may have to try em out. his look like a cupsole and seem like they’d skate pretty well too

i should add that idk if his are the particular model you’re referring to, just know he has some that look like skate shoes and are comfy

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #284 on: September 13, 2022, 10:56:27 AM »
@Big Baby Jesus i really like the silohuette of that saucony 5000. I might have to pick up a pair. I would be worried about them matching the comfort of the gel lytes tho haha

lydius

• Rep: 43
« Reply #285 on: September 13, 2022, 11:59:38 AM »
idk about the the Gel-Lyte but the Nimbus are definitely some of the comfiest shoes I've put on

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1426
« Reply #286 on: September 13, 2022, 08:59:18 PM »
I don't like wearing shoes and only do if its necessary.

I feel like my brain got gelled in this thread. Can't get this time back.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #287 on: September 13, 2022, 09:56:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Gel Lyte III are nice. So cozy. Highly recommend them. Some people don't like the integral/split tongue design though.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

manysnakes

« Reply #288 on: September 15, 2022, 06:37:38 PM »

Probably the best thing about working from home is that I basically never wear shoes anymore. It’s Crocs, Birks, skate shoes if I’m skating, but mostly it’s me spending 24/7 shoeless.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 707
« Reply #289 on: September 15, 2022, 06:39:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Probably the best thing about working from home is that I basically never wear shoes anymore. It’s Crocs, Birks, skate shoes if I’m skating, but mostly it’s me spending 24/7 shoeless.

I work from home now and spend my day trying on all my different shoes and then putting them back while I am on conference calls and the like. But mostly I just keep a pair of Vans Slips close by if I need to duck out and get lunch or take a foster cat in for a check up or something.

Sterilizeurslf

• Rep: -17
« Reply #290 on: September 17, 2022, 05:13:42 AM »
It looks like Andrew and Eric are sitting down(next to some skateboards) during a Skateboarding session. Andrew has those shoes completely on his feet with the shoes literally inches away from the Skateboard in the picture. Yes, Andrew Reynolds is on #NB.
I made it official. You will thank me and bow.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #291 on: September 17, 2022, 05:25:38 AM »
It looks like Andrew and Eric are sitting down(next to some skateboards) during a Skateboarding session. Andrew has those shoes completely on his feet with the shoes literally inches away from the Skateboard in the picture. Yes, Andrew Reynolds is on #NB.
I made it official. You will thank me and bow.

Post a fit

hotstudios_on_youtube

• Rep: -64
  • ???
« Reply #292 on: September 17, 2022, 08:05:35 AM »
is anyone on baker on NB? see when Reynolds gets on NB, you get either a baker collab, or a shoe , or a colorway, all good things that help baker get exposure, vs if he where on adidas you already have kader doing great things over there

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #293 on: September 17, 2022, 08:07:53 AM »
is anyone on baker on NB? see when Reynolds gets on NB, you get either a baker collab, or a shoe , or a colorway, all good things that help baker get exposure, vs if he where on adidas you already have kader doing great things over there
Kinda. Jamie foy and Jake Hayes on deathwish

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #294 on: September 17, 2022, 09:10:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
Gel Lyte III are nice. So cozy. Highly recommend them. Some people don't like the integral/split tongue design though.

i must have had the worst pair of gel lyte 3s then, their sole was rock hard, the insole was trash too. i didn't pay anything for them, but i was still disappointed. that was 2016. some hot colorway back then, too. hand me down from a buddy/coworker who ran a sneaker store at the time. i still have them and try them again every once in a while, and i always have to take them off after 5 minutes because they are so uncomfy. they also feel like platform shoes. like i'm standing on a fat wedge of rubber.

i love saucony tho, they just don't last long. but every pair i've had was super comfy.

nb trainers have been good to me as well.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #295 on: September 17, 2022, 06:27:31 PM »
I had a pair of Gel Sagas that are similar to my Gel Lyte 3s.

The sagas were way sturdier and had the best arch and rolled bottom

The 3s are ok, very soft and light but not as supportive

hard to find sagas anymore
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Miserable Old Sack of Shit

• Rep: 31
« Reply #296 on: September 18, 2022, 02:15:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

i must have had the worst pair of gel lyte 3s then, their sole was rock hard, the insole was trash too. i didn't pay anything for them, but i was still disappointed. that was 2016. some hot colorway back then, too. hand me down from a buddy/coworker who ran a sneaker store at the time. i still have them and try them again every once in a while, and i always have to take them off after 5 minutes because they are so uncomfy. they also feel like platform shoes. like i'm standing on a fat wedge of rubber.

i love saucony tho, they just don't last long. but every pair i've had was super comfy.

Give them a try again, maybe a half size larger. They're my favorite shoe of all time. Super comfortable for people with high arches like myself, come in tons of colors, and I really like the no tongue thing. You never have to dig your tongue out when it slips down to the side. There's also the IVs and the Vs which are a little different and might be more to your liking.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #297 on: September 18, 2022, 02:24:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Give them a try again, maybe a half size larger. They're my favorite shoe of all time. Super comfortable for people with high arches like myself, come in tons of colors, and I really like the no tongue thing. You never have to dig your tongue out when it slips down to the side. There's also the IVs and the Vs which are a little different and might be more to your liking.

i don't know, i don't think the size is the issue with mine. they feel fine. i guess my main problem with them is that they sort of feel unstable. they are definitely a real pair. it was a pair that got refunded cause of some cosmetic issue and a petty customer. some stain they didn't see at first, which i have easily cleaned out myself. i tried a different insole as well. i just don't feel like my foot sits well in them. for some reason my heel feels super elevated. maybe my feet just aren't made  for these shoes. they look great tho and they seem super well made.

EDIT:

since you mentioned high arches, i have no flat feet, but not really a high arch either, and that was something i noticed and was cool at first, but the high arch support felt fatiguing when i wore them at work after a while, like it put too much pressure on my arch. this is weird, because usually at work i like some more arch support, whereas i don't really like high arched insoles when walking. totally flat isn't really comfy as well. so maybe their arch is a tad too high for me. that insole is pretty thin, so not sure how i could take some off..

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 805
« Reply #298 on: September 18, 2022, 08:11:24 PM »
the Gel Lyte 3s are my go to.  I've had so many pairs.  Check the Asics sale section on their site, they always have tons for really good prices. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #299 on: September 19, 2022, 05:18:31 AM »
I picked up a pair of the Westgate 508's on sale. I haven't skated in them yet but they are some of the comfiest shoes fresh out of the box I've had in years
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps