Author Topic: Andrew Reynolds on NB#  (Read 109166 times)

versacekid420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1262
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Andrew Reynolds on NB#
« Reply #480 on: November 29, 2022, 07:22:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If true, then I'm happy Reynolds is getting paid. However, New Balance shoes are ugly as fuck lol. Btw, I own a pair of their running shoes but I just can't see myself buying one of their skate shoes.
[close]
agreed. great team, great videos, great people running the company.. but i really hate the new balance logo on the side & always have. if the letter just wasn’t there & they did something different on the side i would buy some.
[close]

The cool thing is on most models the N can be cut off easy. It made my last 440s look way better. But the 508s and the 272s I skate now I just don’t care enough to cut it.
yeah the 440s are amazing. I just got my first pair after constantly talking shit about them and honestly they’re some of the best shoes I’ve ever skated and they’re amazing looking down on them

Kay1ok

• Rep: -16
« Reply #481 on: November 29, 2022, 07:59:50 PM »
Idk why but I just feel like he’s gonna go the kader adidas route to keep him on by any means necessary or Nike just because I wouldn’t be surprised

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1262
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #482 on: November 29, 2022, 08:06:58 PM »
Idk why but I just feel like he’s gonna go the kader adidas route to keep him on by any means necessary or Nike just because I wouldn’t be surprised
kaders too far gone player

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #483 on: November 29, 2022, 08:07:48 PM »
vans got exactly what they wanted out of reynolds - another person wearing their shoes in a video game. his and tony’s deals getting signed just before THPS and immediately shelved is real telling

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 175
« Reply #484 on: November 29, 2022, 08:41:19 PM »
vans got exactly what they wanted out of reynolds - another person wearing their shoes in a video game. his and tony’s deals getting signed just before THPS and immediately shelved is real telling

I believe this.  Reminds me of Zion getting on Vans officially only after qualifying for the Olympics.  All about maximizing impressions with the largest possible audience.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #485 on: November 29, 2022, 09:01:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I believe this.  Reminds me of Zion getting on Vans officially only after qualifying for the Olympics.  All about maximizing impressions with the largest possible audience.
It's just smart business. You'd think Nike would of picked up tony hawk but old white guys are on the way out so sponsor all the younger people in the game and get the same result.

manysnakes

« Reply #486 on: November 29, 2022, 09:24:33 PM »
I’ve said this before but while Tony Hawk is a much bigger name, I don’t think he’s the same value add for a skateboard shoe company as is Andrew Reynolds.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #487 on: November 29, 2022, 09:42:34 PM »
i know it’s been said for awhile so i just wonder where the official word is that tony is of vans? he’s still wearing them but i see he’s off the team page so i guess that’s the official word? i never realized the correlation between the video game & their timing of getting on, that’s super lame.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #488 on: November 29, 2022, 09:50:04 PM »
i know it’s been said for awhile so i just wonder where the official word is that tony is of vans? he’s still wearing them but i see he’s off the team page so i guess that’s the official word? i never realized the correlation between the video game & their timing of getting on, that’s super lame.
I think it was the game+ the Olympics and vans bowl series and covid fucked the second two right up. Can imagine he's still basically on but there's nothing really for him to do

FrenchSkater

• Rep: 30
« Reply #489 on: November 30, 2022, 12:23:42 AM »
Imagine.. Reynolds going to Hours is yours !!!!  :P Very nice sign of gratitude to Bryan!

Even if I think NB is 75% on.. unless he gives us false clues haha

brbr

• Rep: 7
« Reply #490 on: November 30, 2022, 12:29:21 AM »
I can already imagine the welcome ad shot by Jake Darwen

LebowskisRug

« Reply #491 on: November 30, 2022, 01:01:47 AM »
I noticed Mike Lottie and Beagle wearing NB in clips recently on IG stories so that might be an indicator.

manysnakes

« Reply #492 on: November 30, 2022, 06:29:25 AM »

I'm not trying to be annoying, but why is that lame? This is how a lot of sponsorships work. I doubt that either of these guys are remotely phased.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #493 on: November 30, 2022, 06:34:19 AM »
I’ve said this before but while Tony Hawk is a much bigger name, I don’t think he’s the same value add for a skateboard shoe company as is Andrew Reynolds.

He was sponsored in conjunction with helping out on the contest side of things or something like that

TheWineClub

• Rep: 41
« Reply #494 on: November 30, 2022, 06:44:22 AM »
I just hope this doesn’t mean more shake junt colorways on another brand

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #495 on: November 30, 2022, 06:49:50 AM »

I hope NB is classy enough to not do a shake junt colorway no one needs green and yellow shoes.

JamesFardy

• Rep: 62
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
« Reply #496 on: November 30, 2022, 06:54:34 AM »

the only way i could see him being more is if it was like some sort of Target/Walmart "tonyhawk" shoe for kids and it was like for that market. not the same thing at all but yeah i agree with what you said, interesting for sure.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #497 on: November 30, 2022, 07:13:48 AM »
Even though I don't currently believe this to be real... it would be cool to see Reynolds on NB

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 797
« Reply #498 on: November 30, 2022, 07:16:54 AM »
li ning

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -497
« Reply #499 on: November 30, 2022, 07:42:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn I didn’t even think about the video game aspect. Zion was pretty blatant Olympics advertising cause dude doesn’t fit the team or the shoes at all. I mean dudes wearing old schools and track pants … eww. He’ll be off next year too I’d assume
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 84
« Reply #500 on: November 30, 2022, 08:04:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I hope NB is classy enough to not do a shake junt colorway no one needs green and yellow shoes.

Um...

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #501 on: November 30, 2022, 08:11:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Um...

This is the unofficial shake junt color way. The official design has three blunts laid out to make the N.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #502 on: November 30, 2022, 08:24:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't know man, they already get pretty wild with their colorways. More so than a lot of other brands. Its not far-fetched to imagine them doing it at some point.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2276
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #503 on: November 30, 2022, 08:28:58 AM »
Damn. Can’t say I’m surprised though because the boss was in a weird position at vans after kader got him on and then bounced.  Good to know foy and Hayes have his back

No chance this had any effect on Reynolds' relationship with Vans at all.

manysnakes

« Reply #504 on: November 30, 2022, 08:55:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He was sponsored in conjunction with helping out on the contest side of things or something like that

That makes a ton of sense. I think Tony is wise enough to know that there's no real demand for a signature Hawk shoe in the way there might be for Reynolds. I bet Hawk stays in the fold with Vans in some capacity. I don't see where else out there he would go, unless he decides to do that Cariuma thing.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #505 on: November 30, 2022, 09:28:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That makes a ton of sense. I think Tony is wise enough to know that there's no real demand for a signature Hawk shoe in the way there might be for Reynolds. I bet Hawk stays in the fold with Vans in some capacity. I don't see where else out there he would go, unless he decides to do that Cariuma thing.
He has said before he went to vans thinking it will last until the end of his career. I think vans probably got him more as a personality than a skater necessarily. He was supposed to be more involved with the Olympics and commentate the bowl series. Added bonus for vans getting to use all the pre airwalk tony hawk in vans photos.
If hawk is of and doesn't get picked up by Nike or get some weird puma deal or something I could see him just wearing lakai again (assuming Riley is still on) or vans with logos cut off while being unsposored

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #506 on: November 30, 2022, 10:11:03 AM »
can no one make a black and red 440?
and the NEW of Andrew in NB font?

aNdrEW BALANCE

FrenchSkater

• Rep: 30
« Reply #507 on: November 30, 2022, 10:15:26 AM »
It would be surprising if everyone thought he would go to New Balance, and eventually Hours is yours !  :D

But I find it hard to believe...

CanadianBacon

• Rep: -72
« Reply #508 on: November 30, 2022, 10:25:20 AM »
I have a hard time believing that Tony Hawk, with all the money he has, cares at all if he's on Vans or not.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2254
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #509 on: November 30, 2022, 11:01:14 AM »

Hold the phone please… I’ve got Oakland on the line, they’d like to have a word w/ you.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?