Author Topic: Andrew Reynolds on NB#  (Read 108476 times)

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2198
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
Re: Andrew Reynolds on NB#
« Reply #510 on: November 30, 2022, 11:01:14 AM »

I hope NB is classy enough to not do a shake junt colorway no one needs green and yellow shoes.
Hold the phone please… I’ve got Oakland on the line, they’d like to have a word w/ you.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Coastal Fever

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #511 on: November 30, 2022, 11:08:23 AM »
Hot take.. but I dunno if Reynolds should be getting a pro shoe on any brand besides Emerica at this point.  Legend, for sure, but clearly on the downswing of his career, and I’m not sure the demand for his shoe on Slap is representative of the skate shoe buying community at large.  Give shoes to guys who are peaking and killing it right now instead.  At this point it just seems like he’s chasing the bag, which imo isn’t very Boss-like.

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
« Reply #512 on: November 30, 2022, 11:13:09 AM »
Hot take.. but I dunno if Reynolds should be getting a pro shoe on any brand besides Emerica at this point.  Legend, for sure, but clearly on the downswing of his career, and I’m not sure the demand for his shoe on Slap is representative of the skate shoe buying community at large.  Give shoes to guys who are peaking and killing it right now instead.  At this point it just seems like he’s chasing the bag, which imo isn’t very Boss-like.

said it once and ill gladly get kooked for it again

Real bosses cut checks, not ask for them.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #513 on: November 30, 2022, 11:42:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]
For a guy who never took energy sponsor money or big corporate shoe money during his prime, of course he wants to cash in all he can as he winds down. Also, actual bosses make deals to better their cash flow all the time.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #514 on: November 30, 2022, 11:56:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I just hope this doesn’t mean more shake junt colorways on another brand
[close]

I hope NB is classy enough to not do a shake junt colorway no one needs green and yellow shoes.
[close]

Um...

Well damn those actually look pretty nice. I retract my statement

TheWineClub

• Rep: 40
« Reply #515 on: November 30, 2022, 02:04:35 PM »
This feels like Jordan’s 3rd comeback for the Wizards

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #516 on: November 30, 2022, 02:37:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Damn. Can’t say I’m surprised though because the boss was in a weird position at vans after kader got him on and then bounced.  Good to know foy and Hayes have his back
[close]

No chance this had any effect on Reynolds' relationship with Vans at all.

If anything Regan probably had a lot to do with getting him on since they go way back at Emerica/Altamont. He was a part of the mass layoffs, so maybe Andrew just lost an advocate when it came time for a contract renewal.

dill8849

• Rep: -41
« Reply #517 on: November 30, 2022, 03:21:30 PM »

Really? It doesn't feel like that all to me. Reynolds never took a hiatus from the skateboard world like Guy, Jason Lee, Spanky, etc.

TheWineClub

« Reply #518 on: November 30, 2022, 03:25:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Really? It doesn't feel like that all to me. Reynolds never took a hiatus from the skateboard world like Guy, Jason Lee, Spanky, etc.

More so that this is his 3rd major shoe company that he will be a part of in his career and NB will be when he’s the oldest.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #519 on: November 30, 2022, 03:27:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Um...

[close]

This is the unofficial shake junt color way. The official design has three blunts laid out to make the N.

it looks more like the Oregon Ducks colorway to me

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2198
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #520 on: November 30, 2022, 03:32:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Um...

[close]

This is the unofficial shake junt color way. The official design has three blunts laid out to make the N.
[close]

Would you accept Green Bay Packers?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #521 on: November 30, 2022, 03:39:02 PM »
HE PUT THE CAPITAL B IN BOSS YAFEELME

Will not tolerate any boss slander. He has earned the right to secure the bag. If shoe company want to give him money he is allowed to take advantage.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #522 on: November 30, 2022, 03:41:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Um...

[close]

[close]

[close]

well, sure I suppose lol

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #523 on: November 30, 2022, 04:20:23 PM »
You're fried if you think Reynolds isn't still a top pro and doesn't deserve a shoe deal

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #524 on: November 30, 2022, 04:33:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

To be fair, unlike Jason Lee, Spanky's and Guy's hiatus were to get himself cleaned up. It's just Spanky's was a lot shorter than Guy's.

Wallysaves

• Rep: -6
« Reply #525 on: November 30, 2022, 05:07:23 PM »

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #526 on: November 30, 2022, 05:36:20 PM »

Coffee

« Reply #527 on: November 30, 2022, 05:50:28 PM »
I wouldn’t hate on Reynolds on NB. They are kinda becoming my favorite shoe brand and the 272’s are great.

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
« Reply #528 on: November 30, 2022, 06:02:44 PM »
The combo of NB’s tech and Reynolds obsessive attention to detail will make for some great product I reckon. Jeff Mikut at NB has a great portfolio of work. He’ll put some respect on The Boss’s name.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
« Reply #529 on: November 30, 2022, 06:10:53 PM »
You're fried if you think Reynolds isn't still a top pro and doesn't deserve a shoe deal

Reynolds is like skateboarding's Tom Brady but instead of controversy, everyone loves him. And he has nearly a million Instagram followers, which puts him in the top tier of pro skaters with social media influence.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #530 on: November 30, 2022, 06:11:43 PM »

decoi1

• Rep: 18
« Reply #531 on: November 30, 2022, 06:13:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

So you’re saying he shouldn’t continue making money?

billyerlife

« Reply #532 on: November 30, 2022, 06:50:55 PM »
It was in the Epicly Later'd recently posted that he states that in preparing for Stay Gold he bought a two million dollar house just for the fact it had space for a skatepark. This cements the inarguable fact that Reynolds is a multimillionaire, given the cost involved in buying such a house, building a cement park, the inarguable profit derived from its subsequent sale, and fact that it was 12 years ago and that his fortune since then has only grown. Just in case you pavos forgot what this thread was actually about. Fuck your jogging shoes.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #533 on: November 30, 2022, 07:18:36 PM »
say inarguable again

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #534 on: November 30, 2022, 07:56:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Um...

[close]

[close]

[close]

Def not Oregon Ducks - that’s kinda Nike’s home team

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #535 on: November 30, 2022, 07:59:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Um...

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Def not Oregon Ducks - that’s kinda Nike’s home team

It’s the Baylor Bears

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #536 on: November 30, 2022, 08:00:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think the argument is more that we likely trend older on these boards and have grown up with Reynolds and love him.    I have no idea how 14-20 years feel about him and likely sponsorship dollars are being used to bolster pros that those kids will love and follow for a decade and I don’t think Reynolds necessarily is that in their eyes.   

Reynolds should be someone who has earned the right to live off of skateboarding in some capacity forever, but the metric for top pro isn’t necessarily connected to longevity and talent.   

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #537 on: November 30, 2022, 08:02:50 PM »
It was in the Epicly Later'd recently posted that he states that in preparing for Stay Gold he bought a two million dollar house just for the fact it had space for a skatepark. This cements the inarguable fact that Reynolds is a multimillionaire, given the cost involved in buying such a house, building a cement park, the inarguable profit derived from its subsequent sale, and fact that it was 12 years ago and that his fortune since then has only grown. Just in case you pavos forgot what this thread was actually about. Fuck your jogging shoes.

So what you’re saying is; a move to Hours is Yours would be the intro to ‘soul skater’ era Reynolds?

nothing's been the since same

Fraserjamesjollyjamieson

• Rep: -17
  • Brown 2
« Reply #538 on: November 30, 2022, 08:38:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I think the argument is more that we likely trend older on these boards and have grown up with Reynolds and love him.    I have no idea how 14-20 years feel about him and likely sponsorship dollars are being used to bolster pros that those kids will love and follow for a decade and I don’t think Reynolds necessarily is that in their eyes.   

Reynolds should be someone who has earned the right to live off of skateboarding in some capacity forever, but the metric for top pro isn’t necessarily connected to longevity and talent.

I am 20 a lot of my skate friends are around the same age, we all love Reynolds

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #539 on: November 30, 2022, 08:56:24 PM »

because you’re clearly 14 i’m going to explain this to you: when you buy a house, you don’t have to pay the full value in cash to own it. you actually have to pay a very small percentage of the total value, and then you make monthly payments. it’s called a mortgage and it allows the majority of people to buy homes without having all of the money for the house at the time of purchase.

does that make sense?