Author Topic: Andrew Reynolds on NB#  (Read 109148 times)

tadej Pog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Andrew Reynolds on NB#
« Reply #660 on: December 11, 2022, 05:32:46 AM »
I cant understand Vans love here. Since they kicked J-Lay of I lost my interest. Beatrice thing is a cherry on the cake.
Miss you Rusty Berings

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #661 on: December 11, 2022, 06:03:41 AM »
I cant understand Vans love here. Since they kicked J-Lay of I lost my interest. Beatrice thing is a cherry on the cake.

Hasn’t  he worked for vans for a bit?   

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
« Reply #662 on: December 11, 2022, 06:18:00 AM »

If this gives us a throwback all red Reynolds 1010 colorway I will be stoked

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
« Reply #663 on: December 11, 2022, 07:00:54 AM »

If this gives us a throwback all red Reynolds 1010 colorway I will be stoked

Middle school me is drooling

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #664 on: December 11, 2022, 07:04:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I might be mistaken but I wanna say he way layed off a little while back.
Hasn’t  he worked for vans for a bit?

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #665 on: December 11, 2022, 07:33:12 AM »

Hold on… Johnny Layton retiring (while still getting a job after skating with them) and Beatrice getting a paycheck is what made you “lose interest” in vans? Christ y’all can’t even hide it or fake it anymore.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #666 on: December 11, 2022, 07:53:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hold on… Johnny Layton retiring (while still getting a job after skating with them) and Beatrice getting a paycheck is what made you “lose interest” in vans? Christ y’all can’t even hide it or fake it anymore.

Yeah I’m not even sure what the original post is even trying to say. What does Beatrice getting shine have to do with Johnny Layton in the first place? What possible correlation could even be there.

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -234
« Reply #667 on: December 11, 2022, 08:51:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Why is J-Lay working at Vans? We've all seen the hog, shouldn't our guy have an onlyfans?

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #668 on: December 11, 2022, 09:31:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah I’m not even sure what the original post is even trying to say. What does Beatrice getting shine have to do with Johnny Layton in the first place? What possible correlation could even be there.
i remember jlay getting told his part wouldnt be in propeller and it was released on the berries. dont think beatrice had anything to do with that.

manysnakes

« Reply #669 on: December 11, 2022, 01:33:32 PM »
I can’t believe that a bunch of grown adults are going to make a shoe purchase decision based on which pro gets a check from which outdoor apparel company.

tadej Pog

• Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #670 on: December 11, 2022, 02:06:35 PM »
Ok Heavy J-lay part that was better than most of the video ended up in The Berries because they where so cool with him.

Beatrice have nothing to do with skateboard.
Miss you Rusty Berings

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #671 on: December 11, 2022, 03:01:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
i remember jlay getting told his part wouldnt be in propeller and it was released on the berries. dont think beatrice had anything to do with that.

Maybe if j lay could 5050 shuv out on a curb he would have been in propeller

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #672 on: December 11, 2022, 03:43:08 PM »
i just got this exact pair and they fit extremely tight.  anyone else have the 92 halfcabs?  do they loosen up after a bit?  the tongue is super fat.

Skating them rn in my normal size 10. I had second thoughts at first as I felt the same way, so tight on my foot could barely lace them past the metal eyelet. I decided to say fuck it and trust they would break in and they did. I would perhaps going half size up next time I try them on tho. I also feel like the tongue is way puffier on the green 92s than other ones. I just saw some other half cabs at the shop and the tongue looked thinner. The thick ass tongue on the 92 green one takes up a lot of space I feel like. They skate so fuckin good tho.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #673 on: December 11, 2022, 03:49:08 PM »
Expand Quote
i just got this exact pair and they fit extremely tight.  anyone else have the 92 halfcabs?  do they loosen up after a bit?  the tongue is super fat.
[close]

Skating them rn in my normal size 10. I had second thoughts at first as I felt the same way, so tight on my foot could barely lace them past the metal eyelet. I decided to say fuck it and trust they would break in and they did. I would perhaps going half size up next time I try them on tho. I also feel like the tongue is way puffier on the green 92s than other ones. I just saw some other half cabs at the shop and the tongue looked thinner. The thick ass tongue on the 92 green one takes up a lot of space I feel like. They skate so fuckin good tho.

It’s the insole that’s the problem with the tightness.  I swapped them out for a cons insole and they fit like a dream

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #674 on: December 11, 2022, 07:37:20 PM »
his on!

This is dope, Reynolds is my favorite and i love to see him getting taken care of

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -497
« Reply #675 on: December 11, 2022, 08:59:20 PM »
Expand Quote
For those who don’t like it cryptic
[close]
He looks like a dog with abandonment issues from his last sponsor. "I don't get it...I skated my ass off...I own a popular company with lots of influence...they said...youre no beatrice..."

It’s weird. Especially given how many of his riders over the years have rode for them too. It’s at least 3 of his team members that have had pro shoes with vans and like 6 or 7 that have skated for them. I don’t know what the breakdown is but baker has  given vans more consistent  free advertising than a lot  of board companies in the last 2 decades. You’d think they would’ve really tried to nurture that relationship with Reynolds more .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

rukes

• Rep: 221
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #676 on: December 11, 2022, 09:09:27 PM »
Fuck Vans.

Already looking like NB is gonna give him the respect he deserves.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #677 on: December 11, 2022, 09:15:19 PM »
You guys are really acting like Vans wronged Reynolds somehow other than gave and fulfilled a three-year contract.

I’m sure Reynolds knew he wasn’t getting a pro shoe when he signed on, just like he knows he’s getting one with NB.  He seemed happy he was there and enjoyed skating the classic shoes.   

We may have wanted a shoe, but all the parties involved knew where they stood.   If anything, it probably gave him more bargaining power when striking up his next deal to show that there was still demand there

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #678 on: December 12, 2022, 06:34:05 AM »

LebowskisRug

« Reply #679 on: December 12, 2022, 06:52:49 AM »
There are rumors Reynolds also didn't like Vans and found them too uncomfortable so they parted on mutual terms. If true they tried a bunch of different insoles and why he was always skating in new looking shoes.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #680 on: December 12, 2022, 07:35:26 AM »
I skated 440's this weekend and loved them.  I'm so hyped for this! Bye bye half cabs! haha The AVE's can stay tho.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #681 on: December 12, 2022, 08:11:19 AM »
that team page is looking good and god damn tom knox is a smokeshow

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #682 on: December 12, 2022, 08:13:01 AM »

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #683 on: December 12, 2022, 08:15:37 AM »

God damn that was good. That song started and hit me right in “the feels”. Would be great if they kept the original trick audio hahha and when he landed the kickflip you could hear the kids cheer

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61
« Reply #684 on: December 12, 2022, 08:17:01 AM »

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #685 on: December 12, 2022, 08:33:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

God damn that was good. That song started and hit me right in “the feels”. Would be great if they kept the original trick audio hahha and when he landed the kickflip you could hear the kids cheer

should have done the melon grab too

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1311
« Reply #686 on: December 12, 2022, 08:38:01 AM »
That nollie 180, switch 180, back three line made me yell. I know Reynolds has been pretty consistent putting stuff out but I think he hasn't tapped into what he's truly capable of in this new era of skating yet. That quick line hints at a direction I hope he goes in.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #687 on: December 12, 2022, 08:38:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

should have done the melon grab too
If only he hadn't used the hedge Ollie for an Indy ad

streetmeat

• Rep: 169
« Reply #688 on: December 12, 2022, 08:44:16 AM »
NB ads make me feel like im 10 years old watching Jordan in any ad. just a 36 y/o man seeing them being like ‘damn, i NEED some NBs  :o

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2276
« Reply #689 on: December 12, 2022, 08:47:51 AM »
https://www.newbalance.com/numeric-skateboard-shoes/?ecid=ps_google_17327206707_6822&gclid=CjwKCAiAv9ucBhBXEiwA6N8nYINITCajmHmKG4D7lpVTCq9KvfD3zb2YpX2FZjXi2HhgiJ9CdAJE1RoCWfcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
NB updated their team page to include reynolds. 2010's me is excited to see him next to westgate again.

I know we've all determined team pages aren't always accurate and I don't think this is a sign he's of, but weird to not see Spencer Hamilton on there. Is he just on the Canada team? I can't find any team page on the Canadian site equivalent.