Author Topic: Tyshawn Thrasher Cover  (Read 24289 times)

Hairy Ballsagna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 32
Re: Tyshawn Thrasher Cover
« Reply #330 on: October 13, 2022, 08:19:54 PM »
A skateboarder only needs to put out like 3 minutes of footage a year, so I guess they only have to work like 3 minutes a year.  ::)

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #331 on: October 14, 2022, 07:34:55 AM »
Expand Quote
i dont follow sports much but Wade was talking on the 9 club about how hockey players only play like 15-20 minutes of ice time per game max as a top player, and its done in shifts, and i think they play 2-3 games a week max.

[close]

I think that’s because Hockey is very fast paced and one of the most physical sports.

Similar to skateboarders they don’t get paid very well compared to other major sports.

yeah but skating is even crazier....

anyway i find it crazy that seemingly a lot of the least paid guys seem to take the gnarliest slams. like Ben Gilley.
or Stacy Lowry. dude ruptured his urethra trying to get a back salad for a 411 part!!  :(

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #332 on: October 14, 2022, 10:39:09 AM »
Expand Quote
i dont follow sports much but Wade was talking on the 9 club about how hockey players only play like 15-20 minutes of ice time per game max as a top player, and its done in shifts, and i think they play 2-3 games a week max.

[close]

I think that’s because Hockey is very fast paced and one of the most physical sports.

Similar to skateboarders they don’t get paid very well compared to other major sports.

Hockey is essentially almost non-stop sprinting and that’s only part of what they’re doing at the time. 

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #333 on: October 14, 2022, 12:39:03 PM »
the only knowledge i have of hockey is from that show shorsey and if that’s even close to how it really is, hockey players seem to be in the somewhat in the same realm as skateboarders. that show fucking rules if anyone hasn’t watched it yet

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #334 on: October 14, 2022, 01:15:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

yeah but skating is even crazier....

anyway i find it crazy that seemingly a lot of the least paid guys seem to take the gnarliest slams. like Ben Gilley.
or Stacy Lowry. dude ruptured his urethra trying to get a back salad for a 411 part!!  :(

Tried to toss out a salad. Got tossed off the salad. Got his salad tossed.

Simple as...
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #335 on: October 14, 2022, 01:57:20 PM »
buck asssss

Lhotse’s Pit of Death

• Rep: -429
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #336 on: October 15, 2022, 09:51:20 AM »
he's no prime physical specimen like phil kessel that's for sure

Keith Tka-Schmuck

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
« Reply #337 on: October 15, 2022, 01:38:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just put a 15' tape on my floor and it's ridiculous. Tyshawn could easily break the longest ollie record.

Then I looked up the long jump world record and it's almost twice that. What the hell

[close]
Lol yeah unfortunately whenever someone says oh so and so could be an Olympic athlete it's usually total horseshit.
[close]

its actaully not. its just skateboarding, typically people spend most of their time doing more than training going farther and faster on a gap. there is so much more to it than that, there would have to be stupid amounts of money on the line for countries to start training for this specific thing, and i think we have learned from other olympic sports like long jump, high jump etc. they have kinda hit their plateaus there is not mcuh they can do to make it more interesting so i think that is why skateboarding as a judged sport was suggested in this format to appease the peasants.

tl;dr if tyshawk just spent all his time training to do nothing but long distance ollies in a safe environment and neglected all other aspects of skateboarding, im sure he could hit some ridiculous distances too

I agree.  Tiago Lemos would also fall into that category.

Grrrreencans

• Rep: -85
« Reply #338 on: October 17, 2022, 06:00:22 PM »

quackquack

• Rep: -423
« Reply #339 on: October 17, 2022, 06:51:40 PM »
Oh, the places you'll go.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
« Reply #340 on: October 17, 2022, 10:37:19 PM »
Looks like the same day as the 360 flip over the rail into the bank at china banks. Wild.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #341 on: October 17, 2022, 11:38:13 PM »
what’s crazy to me is we’re almost 3/4 through october & the heaviest parts haven’t even dropped yet. i know people will say “what about ___” i know tfunk killed it early as well as quite a few others who have dropped good shit this year. what i mean is the 4 top contenders in everyone’s mind who keep being brought up  (tyshawn, louie, kader, ishod) haven’t dropped ‘that part’ yet. i know ishod had a long part that was great, louie put out a couple of good ones.. but it feels like they were both holding back for a late drop of their best work. ever since this new strategy of dropping the wildest stuff as late as possible has started, it seems like everyone tries to get in literally last minute. the first of suciu’s 4 parts dropped in mid november. it has to be very chaotic to be whoever runs thrasher’s web media as well as who discusses/schedules when what drops around this time of year. we’re due for an absolutely insane next couple of months.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #342 on: October 18, 2022, 07:09:11 AM »
Lionel Messi should've been a skateboarder, his talent is wasted on futbol

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 270
« Reply #343 on: October 18, 2022, 07:52:31 AM »
Expand Quote
If he’s tearing up SF, I def think ollieing a pier 7 block the long way is within his abilities.   People say there’s not enough runway, but I think that’s just from the lower/pier side.  Street side seems to have plenty
[close]
He's also gonna Ollie up wallenburg

could see him ollieing up the leap of faith
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

thebacker

« Reply #344 on: October 18, 2022, 08:50:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If he’s tearing up SF, I def think ollieing a pier 7 block the long way is within his abilities.   People say there’s not enough runway, but I think that’s just from the lower/pier side.  Street side seems to have plenty
[close]
[close]

his ender is switch ollieing the great wall without that pussy ass mega ramp

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #345 on: October 18, 2022, 09:51:11 AM »
what’s crazy to me is we’re almost 3/4 through october & the heaviest parts haven’t even dropped yet. i know people will say “what about ___” i know tfunk killed it early as well as quite a few others who have dropped good shit this year. what i mean is the 4 top contenders in everyone’s mind who keep being brought up  (tyshawn, louie, kader, ishod) haven’t dropped ‘that part’ yet. i know ishod had a long part that was great, louie put out a couple of good ones.. but it feels like they were both holding back for a late drop of their best work. ever since this new strategy of dropping the wildest stuff as late as possible has started, it seems like everyone tries to get in literally last minute. the first of suciu’s 4 parts dropped in mid november. it has to be very chaotic to be whoever runs thrasher’s web media as well as who discusses/schedules when what drops around this time of year. we’re due for an absolutely insane next couple of months.

Aiden Mackie too

Grrrreencans

• Rep: -85
« Reply #346 on: October 18, 2022, 10:04:03 AM »
Imagine thinking this could be your SOTY year and then the Tyshawn issue drops

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 270
« Reply #347 on: October 18, 2022, 10:34:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
his ender is switch ollieing the great wall without that pussy ass mega ramp

Mega Ramp? More like Mega vibes!
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

manysnakes

« Reply #348 on: October 18, 2022, 10:40:08 AM »
I don’t follow this that closely but I don’t have the sense at all that Ishod or his sponsors are trying to win a second SOTY trophy.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
« Reply #349 on: October 19, 2022, 02:03:25 PM »
A lil more backstory for a nonskate mag

https://www.curbed.com/2022/10/the-making-of-tyshawn-joness-subway-gap-skating-shot.html

Did it back in April supposedly?

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #350 on: October 19, 2022, 04:37:36 PM »
A lil more backstory for a nonskate mag

https://www.curbed.com/2022/10/the-making-of-tyshawn-joness-subway-gap-skating-shot.html

Did it back in April supposedly?

They say nine foot gap plus the yellow tactile strips.

I dislike the “best athlete skating has ever seen” quote though.

There is a helluva lot of subjectivity right there and that is not taking away anything from Tyshawn.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 138
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #351 on: October 19, 2022, 04:53:25 PM »
Looks like the same day as the 360 flip over the rail into the bank at china banks. Wild.

If I remember right someone in an interview mentioned the tricks he got in sf for candyland took like 2-3 days then he flew back to New York. It's crazy

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1262
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #352 on: October 19, 2022, 05:59:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If I remember right someone in an interview mentioned the tricks he got in sf for candyland took like 2-3 days then he flew back to New York. It's crazy like
fixed it

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #353 on: October 20, 2022, 11:34:15 AM »
has this issue hit shelves yet? been lookin for two weeks now and every place still has the ronnie sandoval cover issue
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

fried

• Rep: 54
« Reply #354 on: October 20, 2022, 12:58:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If I remember right someone in an interview mentioned the tricks he got in sf for candyland took like 2-3 days then he flew back to New York. It's crazy

Just saw his interview. He also nollie flipped over the china banks rail frontside, and front blunted the bay blocks.

i halfcab board ledges

• Rep: 12
« Reply #355 on: October 20, 2022, 03:29:02 PM »
"month prior" more like 4

Expand Quote
We really gotta start normalizing dropping the part before the cover/photo. Imagine seeing this in video out of nowhere…
[close]

This is such a bad idea. Getting mashed over the face with the image out of nowhere a month prior is so sick.

It’s a joke when anyone hates on this man. Absolute GOAT and has been. Courthouse Kid. So stoked for new part.
The year is 2364. Frog will be the only skateboard company.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #356 on: October 20, 2022, 03:59:49 PM »
Heard through the Grapevine that his "company" already has had SOTY boards screened....

It would be nuts if Kader made a SOTY run considering how many photos of other contenders we have already seen.

J booz

« Reply #357 on: October 20, 2022, 08:24:25 PM »
That switch variel heel is game over. He's not just going for a repeat. He's going for the KO.

OGmike

• Rep: 3
« Reply #358 on: November 29, 2022, 09:34:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
We are not worthy

Crazy that you can't even see the 4+ feet of yellow knobbies he has to clear.. Different fit from the subway run-up that Supreme posted a month back. Maybe he has some other heat for us ??
[close]

So how does it work with those bumps? Do you actually pop before them and then land on them when you clear jt? Do they lay something over the bumps so you can ride over and pop off? Can't imagine what that would be unless insane pours or bondo.
[close]
i wouldn’t doubt he went over both. in the ollie clip those bumps aren’t there, just the yellow paint underneath. you can’t tell if they’re using a sign or not in tyshawn’s photo though.
[close]

kid fakie flipped a fuckin street, i’m sure he could clear some blind bumps.

the bondo carpet strikes again
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Mount St. Hermdog

• Rep: 8
« Reply #359 on: November 29, 2022, 10:48:45 PM »
damn give him the award