Author Topic: Quick questions  (Read 3757 times)

goodatmeth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 624
Quick questions
« on: October 06, 2022, 09:19:02 PM »
In Shoes&Gear, there's the "questions that don't deserve their own thread"-thread and I think that would be nice here as well.

But actually I want to ask this question: Has anybody ever gotten in trouble/sued because of their actions in skatevideos? There's decades of video evidence for all kinds of bullshit online with the skaters names attached to it. I guess it's still unlikely for the wrong people to see it, but after all this time it might have happened?

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
Re: Quick questions
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 09:24:44 PM »
Yes listen to the Kris brown ep of the bunt

rukes

• Rep: 221
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 09:36:26 PM »
Bruh, a quick question is like

"Hey man, do you like Gatorade?"

Yes/no answers

Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2022, 10:28:35 PM »
Muska/éS had to pay hefty compensation for grinding a hubba in front of some fancy ass building for an éS ad. Like 50.000$ or what was it.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2022, 10:35:33 PM »
Wonder about the getting sued all the time especially when they do follow up videos explaining how they broke the fence, took off stoppers etc outright say the location of the spot. You'd think somewhere regularly skated like Hollywood high or something would just start going after everyone if they really wanted people to stop skating there.

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2022, 11:12:02 PM »
i still wont be caught dead in a park

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2022, 12:33:31 AM »
Garrett Hill got arrested by the fashion police for wearing pants like this:

« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 12:56:04 AM by Prostate Exam »

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2022, 06:10:59 AM »

All it takes are some popular skaters to start wearing shit like this or for a brand like Supreme to drop something similar for it to become "cool". Just look at how those neon colored camo pants blew up a few years ago.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2022, 06:33:35 AM »
In Shoes&Gear, there's the "questions that don't deserve their own thread"-thread and I think that would be nice here as well.

But actually I want to ask this question: Has anybody ever gotten in trouble/sued because of their actions in skatevideos? There's decades of video evidence for all kinds of bullshit online with the skaters names attached to it. I guess it's still unlikely for the wrong people to see it, but after all this time it might have happened?

didn't some mom with connections to Nike get someone booted from the team due to some shit in his video part?

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2022, 06:37:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

All it takes are some popular skaters to start wearing shit like this or for a brand like Supreme to drop something similar for it to become "cool". Just look at how those neon colored camo pants blew up a few years ago.

I am with you here. Doesn't take much from the fact that pants like this are highly illegal

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2254
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2022, 07:15:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I am with you here. Doesn't take much from the fact that pants like this are highly illegal
Garrett Hill’s pants would probably have been a huge hit w/ SLAP users of today if only they had been slightly tweaked.
For starters, both legs should’ve been  the same color.
Next they should not have been so tight; in fact, they should’ve been very baggy.
Finally, they prolly ought to have been branded as something reflecting their contemporary-come-retro look: something to the effect of Nordic “Loose Lads.”
Aaand… Voila, there you have it! Garret Hill’s career would still be alive & well (provided the coffee mishap had ALSO never happened) & we would still be wearing those pants in this very day & age.
All of the woulda/shoulda/couldas.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 07:22:50 AM by Lou Strux »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1383
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2022, 07:20:40 AM »
Is anyone else confused by the whole nollie b/s and f/s shove-it nomenclature? I know it's skate names and not a big deal, just weird to me.

I always thought that nollie f/s shoves are the same as switch f/s shoves, just going nollie...but apparently that's not the case. Ah who cares.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2022, 07:22:18 AM »
Is anyone else confused by the whole nollie b/s and f/s shove-it nomenclature? I know it's skate names and not a big deal, just weird to me.

I always thought that nollie f/s shoves are the same as switch f/s shoves, just going nollie...but apparently that's not the case. Ah who cares.

yes and I hate it.

m path

• Rep: -51
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2022, 08:15:27 AM »
i still wont be caught dead in a park
Wow.  Respect tho.  I'm brain dead that way, I just get gravitationally pulled to whatever park for all the years of wherever i live. 
"You used to speak the truth but now you're clever"

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2022, 08:19:02 AM »
Koston got detained for assault after that bum incident.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2022, 08:22:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yes and I hate it.
I hate how often this still comes up. Just compare everything to normal stance. it's easy.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2022, 08:27:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

yes and I hate it.
[close]
I hate how often this still comes up. Just compare everything to normal stance. it's easy.

I understand. I hate it.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 903
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2022, 08:43:38 AM »

The reason it makes sense to me is that calling the Cody Mc trick a nollie fs bigspin would not seem right, and having that be a nollie back bigspin but a nollie front shove in the same direction would be weird.

I know the logic is thrown out the window with nollie hardflips/inward heels/360 flips but I think those make sense as well.

Anyways for a question, have there been  any pro skaters that were pro for another thing? I think cardiel was a pro snowboarder for a minute, and Jed Anderson kinda counts, but if there’s others I’d be intrigued.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2022, 08:44:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

yes and I hate it.
[close]
[close]

Uh, does this come up all the time? Also, what does “compare everything to normal stance” mean?
Ok quick as I can. You do a regular frontside 180/ front shove. If you pop of the nose and turn the same way it's still frontside. Switch is the mirror image of regular stance. Fakie is regular stance but going in reverse, so you do the exact same body movement and altho you turn blind it's still frontside.

Basically don't compare nollie to switch

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2022, 08:47:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The reason it makes sense to me is that calling the Cody Mc trick a nollie fs bigspin would not seem right, and having that be a nollie back bigspin but a nollie front shove in the same direction would be weird.

I know the logic is thrown out the window with nollie hardflips/inward heels/360 flips but I think those make sense as well.

Anyways for a question, have there been  any pro skaters that were pro for another thing? I think cardiel was a pro snowboarder for a minute, and Jed Anderson kinda counts, but if there’s others I’d be intrigued.
Were the z boys pro surfers? Bucky lasek pro race car driver. Jason Lee pro actor.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2022, 08:52:44 AM »
Shaun White was pro for both skating and snowboarding.

and yeah, I understand the nollie shuv logic, but I just hate it cuz the inward heel/hardflip argument seems like a much simpler reference point.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 175
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2022, 08:59:46 AM »
Carabeth Burnside was also a pro snowboarder

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1383
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2022, 09:11:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah, that's what I mean...just adds to the overall confusion. Your Cody Mac point makes sense as well, though. I thought the backside body motion overrode the way the board was moving, but that might not be the case after all.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

yes and I hate it.
[close]
[close]

Uh, does this come up all the time? Also, what does “compare everything to normal stance” mean?
[close]
Ok quick as I can. You do a regular frontside 180/ front shove. If you pop of the nose and turn the same way it's still frontside. Switch is the mirror image of regular stance. Fakie is regular stance but going in reverse, so you do the exact same body movement and altho you turn blind it's still frontside.

Basically don't compare nollie to switch

I dunno, but I do honestly appreciate your explanation and the time. I mean yeah for sure, I can see how the board turns differently based on the stance and direction.

The way I've seen it, if I do a switch front shove, my popping foot moves in front of me to rotate the board. If I do a nollie "backside" shove, my popping foot still moves in front of me to rotate the board. The general motion is the same, so I've associated both of those tricks with frontside. But your point about switch being a mirror makes sense as well.

Regardless, I guess standardized nollie trick names as Doom mentioned, coupled with the fact that I didn't grow up with the same nomenclature, plus the tendency to see switch and nollie f/s and b/s tricks based on body motion, hasn't really allowed me to see it the other way. But I'll consider these points made, thanks bros.

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2022, 09:14:11 AM »
is "fickflip" a typo in the malouf brixton ad in thrasher nov' 22?

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2022, 09:16:56 AM »
if the board goes behind you its front side
if the board goes in front of you its backside
if the board goes in front of you but its a  nollie bigspin its frontside
if the board goes behind you but its a nollie bigspin its backside

its truly that simple

dannyprovolone

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2022, 10:17:38 AM »
free garret hill

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 542
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2022, 08:01:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

And they’re back…

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 288
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2022, 08:15:14 PM »

You all think he still has these pants? Or did he burn them for what they did to his career?

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2022, 08:17:44 PM »
what's up with the tiny water bottles they pull out of the cooler things at street league? is there a benefit to tiny water bottles that I'm oblivious to? they don't look to be the product of a sponsor of the event. seems very wasteful, they may as well have cups and fill them as they need them from a water cooler. or drink bottles like a yeti or whatever with your big dumb energy drink sticker on it...
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2022, 08:22:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
You all think he still has these pants? Or did he burn them for what they did to his career?
He let Tyshawn borrow them.