Author Topic: F1 (formula one) thread  (Read 5089 times)

Filip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
Re: F1 (formula one) thread
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2022, 02:36:33 AM »
Im not gonna defend what Max did last week, since I dont know the details. But if its true that Checo crashed in Monaco on purpose, its fucked.

From what I see when I think about it, If I was Max, and had broke the record on most points and wins in one season, I would try to make it as big as possible, so every point counts. If I had to slow down so my teammate who is 5 seconds behind me, can catch up in the last lap, I would also tell the team to fuck off. Im trying to set some historic, never to be broken probably, records, so of course I want every point, even If Im already a world champ. Who gives a fuck.

Anyway, good shit from Mercedes, I wasnt expecting George to hold it till the end, congrats.

This week, I can see Max flying to distance and not giving a fuck for the rest of the race, winning by 10 seconds again, if they setup his car right this time. Checo will probably finish lower then Leclerc, so his second place is not gonna happen too.

And, farewell to Seb, what a legend. Also shame about Mick, but he had it comming. I just wish Hass didnt sign Hulkenberg back, he sucks just as much.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2022, 03:29:07 AM »
Im not gonna defend what Max did last week, since I dont know the details. But if its true that Checo crashed in Monaco on purpose, its fucked.

From what I see when I think about it, If I was Max, and had broke the record on most points and wins in one season, I would try to make it as big as possible, so every point counts. If I had to slow down so my teammate who is 5 seconds behind me, can catch up in the last lap, I would also tell the team to fuck off. Im trying to set some historic, never to be broken probably, records, so of course I want every point, even If Im already a world champ. Who gives a fuck.

Anyway, good shit from Mercedes, I wasnt expecting George to hold it till the end, congrats.

This week, I can see Max flying to distance and not giving a fuck for the rest of the race, winning by 10 seconds again, if they setup his car right this time. Checo will probably finish lower then Leclerc, so his second place is not gonna happen too.

And, farewell to Seb, what a legend. Also shame about Mick, but he had it comming. I just wish Hass didnt sign Hulkenberg back, he sucks just as much.

I have a hunch we‘ll see Mick again in the not too distant future and yes, Hulk sucks.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Filip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2022, 04:25:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I have a hunch we‘ll see Mick again in the not too distant future and yes, Hulk sucks.

I just read some stuff about Danny Ric becoming a Red Bull reserve driver, which is weird as fuck but it might work for them, and Mick going to Mercedes for the same job. For Mick, I feel like if he goes this way, he might close the doors to back to the cockpit, because he is not getting on Mercedes main team at least until Lewis retires, which honestly might be another 3-4 years, and George is clearly their future. I feel like best way for Mick is to take a couple years of (Indy car, whatever) and when Sauber becomes Audi in 4 years, Mick and maybe Seb?, all german team incoming.

Skibb

• Rep: 68
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2022, 05:47:21 AM »

This is a weird way of thinking about it. Team effort lead him there – both from Checo and the actual Red Bull team. A single driver is just the tip of the huge iceberg that can propel someone to win this shit. Acting petty and ignoring that fact will guarantee you looking like prick, as Max proved haha.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2022, 06:21:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This is a weird way of thinking about it. Team effort lead him there – both from Checo and the actual Red Bull team. A single driver is just the tip of the huge iceberg that can propel someone to win this shit. Acting petty and ignoring that fact will guarantee you looking like prick, as Max proved haha.

I guess you are right, Max is probably not the nicest person in the world. But still, if I was in his position, with my teammate possibly sabotaging quali during the season, I can get why he acts this way.

Anyway, just checked the second practise, and just as I wrote, Max is flying. He wasnt even running in the 1st one, and set the fastest time in the 2nd by almost half a second.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2022, 08:44:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

To be fair Redbull is Max's team, just like Mercedes is lewis's, Checo knows he has to play #2.  Everytime lewis gets on the radio to say YES TEAM, we know he meant thanks team for shoeing the win for me!  Lewis did this to Bottas a few times and i thought he was a super kook then for doing that, but even Toto says Lewis is the golden boy for F1.  But also Lewis's ego got the hit from having a shitty car this year, and George having driven shitty williams cars knew how to work it to his advantage this season.   Max got lucky last season this season too with all the ferrari shit (which im still confused on LeClerc should have had it this season).

The Mick loss isn't a surprise, He's almost as bad as Maze-spin this season, also Hass isn't the best team to get the drive for either, Kmag doesn't come off as super hyped to be on the team, and I think he took it because it probably payed better than the Indy car seat he had.   

If Danny Ric is really back at redbull its like he cucked himself hard these last 5 seasons.

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 788
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2022, 06:45:04 AM »
Edit (spelling): Damn Checo almost got to Leclerc. Good to see Lando getting the fastest lap. Sad to see Vettel go. I can see Hamilton quitting if they aren't better next season.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 07:41:35 AM by Síota »

Filip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2022, 07:16:56 AM »
That was a good race. I was expecting Checo to catch Charles, but the Ferrari fan in me is happy. Hopefully they axe Binoto so the team can work better next year.

Farewell to Seb, what a career.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2022, 09:31:56 AM »
Checo wasnt what i expected this weekend…yeah seems like they broke lewis car trying to make it work this last race.  Max seemed bored and barely any media coverage lol.  Kinda bummed on seb but i see him working on one of the teams once his kids are older.

Thank god Charles pulled off the 2nd, hes just better than perez. Mick proving why he lost the drive.

I liked the first half of the season, hope next seasons cars and management all have their shit together

G raham

• Rep: -49
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2022, 05:49:41 AM »
Can someone explain the appeal in it to me? Seems like a cool culture but Im noob n just cant see any tactics etc in it other than drafting n then overtaking the guy in front.
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2022, 06:57:40 AM »
I feel like that if you want to get into F1, best way is to dedicate 1-2 weekends to watch it through F1TV (best insights, best commentary, a lot of information), and watch all the practices, quali, and Grand Prix. Then you can maybe see a little more into the tactics, why some tyres work for certain situations, how important the pitstops/undercuts/safety cars are etc... I mean, its way easier to talk about it then to actually get into F1, at least for me, because Ive been a fan since I was maybe 9-10, so for 22, 23 years now.

But still, to me, this is the pinacle of motorsport. Drive to Survive maybe made it into a reality TV sometimes, but at least a lot more fans are now watching, which is, in many ways good for the sport (just like when THPS games came out). If you get a bug once, I feel like there is no coming back, especially now, when the Hamilton era is over and races are more close since the new cars debuted this year. Yeah, Max won 15 races this year. But next season, all the teams will have a lot more understanding of the new cars, ground effect, and I feel like next year will be bonkers, so a good time to start.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2022, 07:57:20 AM »
Can someone explain the appeal in it to me? Seems like a cool culture but Im noob n just cant see any tactics etc in it other than drafting n then overtaking the guy in front.

I dunno i like things on 4 wheels, always been into cars and playing racing games.  F1 isn’t my favorite motorsport but i like the cars and noises a lot, i actually prefer the endurance races like 24hr lemans and Nurburgring

Skibb

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2022, 10:29:22 AM »

I’d say listen to this, super intuitive breakdown of everything worth understanding or even giving a shit about: https://www.f1.cool/blog/178

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2022, 08:14:42 AM »
Some dude showed me this last night.

https://youtube.com/shorts/Pql6dmwSFzI?feature=share

I wonder if he actually is a part of their pit crew..

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2022, 08:25:41 AM »

Someone in the comments said it’s Jaeger Eaton.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2022, 08:52:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Someone in the comments said it’s Jaeger Eaton.

That comment is golden "Check the deck and the way he throws those hands around like he's casting spells"

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2023, 09:58:37 AM »
New season starts this weekend. Randomly found out a few mates are into it. One dude even wants to watch the qualifying down the pub lol. I was like mate i just watch the highlights Sunday morn.

Skibb

« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2023, 06:03:28 AM »
New season starts this weekend. Randomly found out a few mates are into it. One dude even wants to watch the qualifying down the pub lol. I was like mate i just watch the highlights Sunday morn.
Quali is fucking fun man, go join your mate at the pub!!

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2023, 06:16:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Agreed. In particular when it's the first race of the season. What are your predictions?

Red Bull looks solid. The Aston Martin seems to be very good, in particular with a roughneck like Alonso at the steering wheel. Ferrari and Mercedes are at risk.

In the midfield, I hope Alfa Sauber can race for points regularly and hopefully challenge McLaren and Alpine a few times.

I'll miss the quali tomorrow bot look forward to the race on Sunday.
why come?

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2023, 06:39:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Agreed. In particular when it's the first race of the season. What are your predictions?

Red Bull looks solid. The Aston Martin seems to be very good, in particular with a roughneck like Alonso at the steering wheel. Ferrari and Mercedes are at risk.

In the midfield, I hope Alfa Sauber can race for points regularly and hopefully challenge McLaren and Alpine a few times.

I've never watched it just the highlights on YouTube or whatever telly channel back in the day.
From P1 looks like this season might start more of a mixed bag. Hopefully Austin Martin isn't a fluke would love to see Alonso do well.
I too hope Alfa can do well but Ferrari will never let them be better than them...

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 133
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2023, 06:45:50 AM »
Very stoked on the new season beginning this weekend.

I've been watching the latest DtS on Netflix to get me amped up.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2023, 06:59:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I've never watched it just the highlights on YouTube or whatever telly channel back in the day.
From P1 looks like this season might start more of a mixed bag. Hopefully Austin Martin isn't a fluke would love to see Alonso do well.
I too hope Alfa can do well but Ferrari will never let them be better than them...

They don't need to beat the Rraris, I am already happy if they can be established firmly in the midfield around P5-6.
why come?

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2023, 09:53:43 AM »
Aye. But I would love them too @Easy Slider

Alonso top of 2nd practice... madness but we will see tomorrow in qualifying.

In other notes saw Tanner Van Vark has an F1 graffic in the latest real drop:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpA5AD5p-iZ/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Wonder if he is a fan

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2023, 11:09:02 AM »

Wonder if he is a fan

I ordered this yesterday lol and the mason deck

Yea been watching the drive to survive and boy do they edit the shit out of the recent seasons…i followed last years season and watching the behind the scenes makes it a little bit more interesting…the management part is super interesting

Isnt aplha romeo similar to red bulls sister company alpha tauri?  Same with Haas right…they are both Ferraris under the skin

Looking forward to this season.  Seems as though redbull might have it again…

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2023, 11:34:39 AM »
Expand Quote

Wonder if he is a fan
[close]

I ordered this yesterday lol and the mason deck

Yea been watching the drive to survive and boy do they edit the shit out of the recent seasons…i followed last years season and watching the behind the scenes makes it a little bit more interesting…the management part is super interesting

Isnt aplha romeo similar to red bulls sister company alpha tauri?  Same with Haas right…they are both Ferraris under the skin

Looking forward to this season.  Seems as though redbull might have it again…

Not quite. Alfa is just the sponsor, the car is made in Switzerland by Sauber. The power unit is from Ferrari until 2026, when they will switch to Audi.
why come?

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2023, 01:43:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Aston Martin looking tip top. Alonso coming back with a bang

Merc fucked up again. You could see it in Lewis eyes in post quali interview

Ferrari who knows

Yes it's probably Red Bulls year again
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2023, 08:24:20 AM »
RedBull as expected...happy Alonso stayed up near the top. Looking forward to the race tomorrow.

Quali was better than expected. Sucked there was a red flag as my mate missed the end dude to work but prob will watch again

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2023, 08:34:54 AM »
RedBull as expected...happy Alonso stayed up near the top. Looking forward to the race tomorrow.

Quali was better than expected. Sucked there was a red flag as my mate missed the end dude to work but prob will watch again

Stroll at 8.... Jesus

Car really must be amazing

Skibb

« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2023, 10:03:38 PM »

(Jokes aside though, that quali was a fricking rollercoaster.)

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2023, 08:00:15 AM »
I want Alonzo on the podium but not at the detriment of Ferrari.

Fuck me I hate Red Bull