Author Topic: The Worst Skateparks You’ve Skated  (Read 3693 times)

cky enthusiast

Re: The Worst Skateparks You’ve Skated
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2022, 09:25:16 AM »
NJ is the greatest state for skateboarding and it’s not close

your made up wife sounds goofed

Buster_Poosey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2022, 09:32:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ronald Reagan skatepark in Temecula is an absolute dump
[close]

Agreed. I went there one time in 2018 when I moved to this area and was impressed by how bad it was. Horrible layout. I was hyped when they built that Goetz Park in Perris a few years ago. It has its flaws like any other park, but its closer to my house and has good transition.

[close]

Shout out to the old San Jacinto park that was at a church and had metal ramps and a wooden bowl full of holes and exposed screws. Metal ramps in 100+ heat would brand you instantly if you fell.

Also gotta pay my respects to the best worst skatepark ever: old Carlsbad

I salute you sir. That place is so shitty, it’s awesome. It will always have a special spot in my heart. Thank you for your service.

Crusty Grundle

« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2022, 10:28:48 AM »
Shout out to Palm Desert... I know it's not the worst, but boy does it stink! Photos make it look good, but the transitions are steep where they should be mellow and mellow where they should be steep. I made the trip only to find a gatekeeper that enforces a FULL PADS rule. They have bike days and skate days, I showed up on a bike day and was only allowed to ride until a biker showed up wanting to ride.

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 52
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2022, 10:30:01 AM »
Winchester MA. No pics unfortunately but the features are typical of 90s New England prefab parks as seen below, but instead of the concrete joints or regular asphalt, which is bad enough, they used super high aggregate asphalt at the bottom of transitions. Makes a really jarring bump and ruined most things there from day one.

I actually enjoy the other shitty prefab parks though. Nostalgic i guess.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2022, 03:24:49 PM »
In 1991 there was an absolute shit skatepark in Farmington Maine called the Dragon's Nest.  It was only open when their parks department could staff it, which was almost never.   We showed up to skate it quite a few times when it was supposed to be open, but it was always closed. The cops would bust folks and fines were not cheap. On our fourth time there we jumped the fence and stayed about 10 minutes - because it sucked.  It wasn't worth risking the fine.

A few years later they buried it.   Some local skaters got the permission and funds to excavate it in 2020.

https://www.sunjournal.com/2020/09/08/the-first-public-skateboard-park-in-maine-is-resurrected-in-farmington/

I found this video.   It's worse than I remember.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2022, 03:44:36 PM »
as a lover of completely shit parks this thread makes my day

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2022, 04:26:55 PM »

What do you love about them?

I like having really simple parks, like a park that is just a kidney bowl by itself. It doesn't have to be perfect either, I just like the idea of being 'forced' to skate one obstacle until you know every kink and quirk of the concrete and you can just rip it effortlessly.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

LonleySk8er15

• Rep: 42
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2022, 04:03:02 PM »
Ive skated lots of parks all over the country, and skated tons of really shitty parks. Recently I was in Albuquerque and chose a park to visit from the maps app on my phone. I ended up at Alamosa Skatepark and it was awesomely shitty. The park looked awesome in the pictures but it was pretty gnarly when I got there. It has a bowl that is so big that I wasnt sure I could climb out of it. The lowest spot to drop in is like 7-8' tall with vert, the rest is huge and filled with broken bottles. Street course had lots of wall rides and chunky ledges and stairs. Brutal hubba. banks everywhere except the spots that needed one. had a nice bank to curb tho. I found enough stuff to hit there to have fun but its a stupid skatepark. shout out to anyone that can rip at that place.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2022, 04:54:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I like having really simple parks, like a park that is just a kidney bowl by itself. It doesn't have to be perfect either, I just like the idea of being 'forced' to skate one obstacle until you know every kink and quirk of the concrete and you can just rip it effortlessly.
i think i love the humor of it and i'd rather skate something thats challenging and kind of fucking sucks than something perfect. a lot of that has to do with what i grew up skating and the condition of a lot of street spots where i live. i do appreciate a well-made park just as much as everybody else but the absolutely fried ones give me more satisfaction in a way

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 998
  • the moon rules
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2022, 06:41:43 PM »
Winchester MA. No pics unfortunately but the features are typical of 90s New England prefab parks as seen below, but instead of the concrete joints or regular asphalt, which is bad enough, they used super high aggregate asphalt at the bottom of transitions. Makes a really jarring bump and ruined most things there from day one.

I loved parks like this when I was younger. They’re so bad they become fun. Medford was pretty awful. Same situation but downhill. It wouldn’t surprise me to hear that the last time it had a serious session was 20 years ago

The Scituate concrete company struck gold with their second version of the Malden skatepark. It has some sort of flow for a prefab park. I used to know every single crack in that place
fuck you bama

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2022, 06:43:58 PM »
Oneonta, NY. This horrible parks makes the Binghamton Park look like paradise.  And, not only does their skatepark suck, I'd argue it is probably one of the worst towns in the entire country.

Bergen, Norway. What makes this so terrible is that it looks like it should be fun.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 52
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2022, 09:08:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I loved parks like this when I was younger. They’re so bad they become fun. Medford was pretty awful. Same situation but downhill. It wouldn’t surprise me to hear that the last time it had a serious session was 20 years ago

The Scituate concrete company struck gold with their second version of the Malden skatepark. It has some sort of flow for a prefab park. I used to know every single crack in that place

I skated Medford twice a week after work in ~2014. The one micro qp was ok and the way too steep pyramids are always fun to fuck around with. Last I knew it was demolished though.

Malden is definitely the cream of the crop for those prefab parks.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1390
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2022, 09:45:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
i think i love the humor of it and i'd rather skate something thats challenging and kind of fucking sucks than something perfect. a lot of that has to do with what i grew up skating and the condition of a lot of street spots where i live. i do appreciate a well-made park just as much as everybody else but the absolutely fried ones give me more satisfaction in a way

I back this heavily. It's fun going to some wonky garbage park with bad obstacles and trying to make anything happen. Even though my area is now a mecca of nice ass multi million dollar parks, for most of my childhood, that shitty Carlsbad park for free and paying for the Encinitas YMCA were the only options. That place is trash and everyone from my generation loves going there and making lemonade out of that dud of a park.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ronald Reagan skatepark in Temecula is an absolute dump
[close]

Agreed. I went there one time in 2018 when I moved to this area and was impressed by how bad it was. Horrible layout. I was hyped when they built that Goetz Park in Perris a few years ago. It has its flaws like any other park, but its closer to my house and has good transition.

[close]

Shout out to the old San Jacinto park that was at a church and had metal ramps and a wooden bowl full of holes and exposed screws. Metal ramps in 100+ heat would brand you instantly if you fell.

Also gotta pay my respects to the best worst skatepark ever: old Carlsbad

[close]

I salute you sir. That place is so shitty, it’s awesome. It will always have a special spot in my heart. Thank you for your service.

First place I ever skated and it'll probably be the last place I ever skate