Author Topic: Ben Degros vlog  (Read 55771 times)

Banned from the room

Re: Ben Degros vlog
« Reply #480 on: January 18, 2024, 09:05:07 AM »
Expand Quote
So in that Dan Corrigan vid where he is filming Ben at the skatepark, what deck is that Ben is riding?  Did I hear right that it is still the same wheelbase (14), but the length is 32?  That seems like it would be a crazy long nose and tail for low trucks.
[close]

There are some boards that might seem too long, but actually work quite well, especially on Venture trucks, or work better than it might seem on paper with those dimensions.

A couple of boards in that category recently showed they had 6.7 to 6.8 tails and 6.9 to 7 noses in similar dimensions, 14 wb on a 32 length.

DLX has been doing a few shapes like that, the Real tropical dream series, then scanner series, on the same shapes.

I full agree.

I was riding some compact boards. 8.25 14" wb like 31 long.

I did 6 of those in a row maybe more. Cuz they're local mostly. I always back the locals of all.

Looking back the nose was too short.

These Metal boards are right the fuck on tho.

I might not be able to really handle THE 9... Butt :o the fuckin 8.75 I just set up is fuckin perfect. I only fliped it once so far.

I recon it's the extra long nose in conjunction with the 13.5? WB that made it so easy to bone the fuck out of that kickflip.

I don't even wanna skate it it so sick and the street salt is so bad. I set back up the 9" and I'm going to just try to get a double of the 8.75 grasshopper shape.

I put the dims up in the wbswb thread I think.

I fuckin slaps. I definitely wanna get a short stack of those in the spring.

Pretty sure Metal is my shit for a while

Banned from the room

« Reply #481 on: January 20, 2024, 06:33:43 PM »
https://youtu.be/zedPB_Ujits?si=7tbvFv62wC-cz1-P

Sewa set up video.

I think we might be getting a PJ video next!!!

radcunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 508
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #482 on: January 21, 2024, 02:58:52 AM »
I know it's dumb and petty of me, but it's shitting me that Ben is fronting as this pure youtube dude who doesn't wanna take part in the bullshit of youtube, whilst fake quitting for an engagement boost ahead of running this LA series. 

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 96
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #483 on: January 21, 2024, 05:05:14 AM »
I know it's dumb and petty of me, but it's shitting me that Ben is fronting as this pure youtube dude who doesn't wanna take part in the bullshit of youtube, whilst fake quitting for an engagement boost ahead of running this LA series.

I don't think he fake quitted anything, I just think he got burnt out from doing the same videos of himself just talking into a camera for the sake of it, whereas now he's getting a chance to produce videos that he legitimately seems to enjoy doing, like collaborations with interesting people and making inroads in the industry. I think going on the Nine Club has helped further his chances of that too. I much prefer this sort of content over the "Is this the ideal setup?" type videos of him talking about a certain board shape followed by him skating it on that basketball court DIY and then saying "nah this isn't for me, I'll just stick to this". You could tell he got to a point where he was just churning that shit out and he desperately needed a change to keep his channel fresh.

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't upload a video for 2 or 3 months then suddenly uploads a few that are  completely different from anything he's done before.

If you ask me someone should pay him to travel around the globe with nothing but a skateboard and a tape measure and we'll all be happy with whatever comes of it. I'd love him to come on a trip to Britain.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #484 on: January 21, 2024, 06:11:43 AM »
Totally agree, I like this shift too, just think he understands the YouTube algorithm too well to not have planned his quitting to channnel change as if you have a big video it pops you up in recommendations. Dunno. Glad he didn’t stop and enjoy these new vids as the old format was getting stale but he’s being a tad coy I reckon.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #485 on: January 21, 2024, 07:22:56 AM »
Gonna agree too. I love seeing other skater’s setups, having him review and skate them is a nice change of pace. That’s one thing I love about skateboards, there’s an endless amount of configurations.

Like my setup might be one-of-one. Because how many folks are riding a Girl G053, with Ace and Indy hard bushings in their 159 Hollows, Pepper grip, Spitfire 55mm Lock In Fulls, and Bones Swiss 6?

There are so many little things you can do to tweak your setup.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 874
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #486 on: January 21, 2024, 08:01:46 AM »
i remember the “my setup” videos on demand pre streaming
ben should definitely be the guy in charge of that today
even better with it being on his own channel
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1990
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #487 on: January 21, 2024, 07:07:43 PM »
I'm liking this format of videos especially when the interviewee is a gear nerd like him, if he managed to chat with PJ Ladd while in LA that would easily be his most watched video.

The Crob one was a tough watch since he seemed unwilling to change anything that Ben suggested.
https://youtu.be/eAYUuxukfeA?si=slE0LLZcVqtcE5uv
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1267
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #488 on: January 21, 2024, 07:17:48 PM »
I'm liking this format of videos especially when the interviewee is a gear nerd like him, if he managed to chat with PJ Ladd while in LA that would easily be his most watched video.

The Crob one was a tough watch since he seemed unwilling to change anything that Ben suggested.
I think crob is just going along with this act of his, after all his favorite person is Larry david. But I will say when Ben mentioned GH crobs silence was deafening. He really does not like him

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #489 on: January 22, 2024, 04:19:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I think crob is just going along with this act of his, after all his favorite person is Larry david. But I will say when Ben mentioned GH crobs silence was deafening. He really does not like him
Crob would be fuckin' envious as shit of GH.  Low effort cool guy pullin' in the big bucks talking shit about the Nine Club on a cool skate team. 

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #490 on: January 22, 2024, 06:26:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Crob would be fuckin' envious as shit of GH.  Low effort cool guy pullin' in the big bucks talking shit about the Nine Club on a cool skate team.

Or else he thinks he's a wretched snively little dork like the rest of the world.

Andy Anderson pulls in the big bucks but no one is jealous of him.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1267
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #491 on: January 22, 2024, 10:51:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

Or else he thinks he's a wretched snively little dork like the rest of the world.

are you surprised

Dad Board

« Reply #492 on: January 22, 2024, 10:57:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

That’s a lot to unpack

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #493 on: January 22, 2024, 06:18:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

If you can't see the diff of hanging out with Dan Corrigan and NKA vids vs Jerry Hsu & Ryan Lay, then ok big boy.

Coach Frank

• Rep: 0
« Reply #494 on: January 22, 2024, 11:50:39 PM »
Gonna agree too. I love seeing other skater’s setups, having him review and skate them is a nice change of pace. That’s one thing I love about skateboards, there’s an endless amount of configurations.

Like my setup might be one-of-one. Because how many folks are riding a Girl G053, with Ace and Indy hard bushings in their 159 Hollows, Pepper grip, Spitfire 55mm Lock In Fulls, and Bones Swiss 6?

There are so many little things you can do to tweak your setup.

My current setup is a Girl G053 with Ace 55's, 52 Lock In's. I really like this setup, it's a bit on the heavy side but it flips nice and I really like the shape. For an 8.5, it really skates more like an 8.25...especially with Ace's.

manysnakes

« Reply #495 on: January 31, 2024, 08:25:13 AM »

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #496 on: January 31, 2024, 08:31:04 AM »
so glad ben is back to feed the streets

manysnakes

« Reply #497 on: January 31, 2024, 08:35:35 AM »
so glad ben is back to feed the streets

And at the end of this, he says he'll have a modified version of this "building a curb" video for his skate channel.

manysnakes

« Reply #498 on: February 09, 2024, 11:59:41 AM »

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #499 on: February 16, 2024, 04:52:11 AM »
Saw this on the Etnies insta. That shoe box on the top right says Ben De G. Not gonna lie, the Snake shoe looks cool in black.

IG: @flowterspace

Can he read

« Reply #500 on: February 16, 2024, 07:54:43 AM »
Saw this on the Etnies insta. That shoe box on the top right says Ben De G. Not gonna lie, the Snake shoe looks cool in black.

Skateshop day is tomorrow.

Etnies: actually…

Natas_Fauxas

• Rep: 104
« Reply #501 on: March 08, 2024, 03:36:35 PM »
🚨🚨ILLEGAL!!!! 👇👇👇🚨🚨

Natas_Fauxas

« Reply #502 on: March 18, 2024, 01:44:50 PM »
🚨🚨ILLEGAL!!!! 👇👇👇🚨🚨

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #503 on: March 18, 2024, 02:13:10 PM »
Ben Pro AF!!!

Ty Evans Lightman

• Rep: -39
« Reply #504 on: March 18, 2024, 02:17:59 PM »

That factory walk through gave me flashbacks of Stacey walking through the Powell Peralta factory in Public domain 36 years ago!

Natas_Fauxas

« Reply #505 on: March 18, 2024, 02:39:37 PM »
Ben Pro AF!!!

Hes a Unicorn riding a Unicorn.
🚨🚨ILLEGAL!!!! 👇👇👇🚨🚨

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1673
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #506 on: March 18, 2024, 10:25:08 PM »
It's only fitting that a man with four kids has a board on Bareback wood
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 96
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #507 on: March 19, 2024, 11:39:55 AM »
Great content, I love that he's getting to make interesting videos and being looked after in the industry. Those floral graphics that he was slagging off were actually pretty ghastly.

Banned from the room

« Reply #508 on: March 19, 2024, 12:04:36 PM »
To I was thinking that coping is so neglected we should just send kids who can't afford Woodward to Baha.

The coping needs it.

Skate/woodworking/industry kook camp.

Rick Trapasso

• Rep: 7
« Reply #509 on: March 19, 2024, 01:48:25 PM »
I love Ben, but it was super cringe how bothered he was by the unicorn graphic.

Should've just printed them all instead of wasting them.