Author Topic: Sale Gear Thread - Australia and New Zealand  (Read 5582 times)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
Re: Sale Gear Thread - Australia
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2023, 06:58:44 PM »

Any of you ever been in to the Supply store locations, or only ordered online?

I guess I had heard about them before, given they say they have been around since 2002, but the name never really popped up when I was travelling to Sydney or Melbourne so never stopped in to check them out.

Reminds me of another place or two that were around for a minute in Brisbane and although were interesting, I guess they never really had that footing between skate product and cool clothes to make enough impact to stick around.

Those deck prices are really good though.
Got dragged to the Sydney one prob over ten years ago. Def seemed like they'd read up on supreme and decided they'd also try and be way too cool for anyone who came into their store

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2023, 12:53:32 AM »
Melbourne store caters to mainly Asian student crowd that wear expensive street wear/hypebeast stuff from head to toe but still can't coordinate an outfit lol. You know the type. Sorry to stereotype but I'm mixed Asian and play bball with tonnes of these guys and it does my head in.

burner

• Rep: 86
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2023, 03:18:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Any of you ever been in to the Supply store locations, or only ordered online?

I guess I had heard about them before, given they say they have been around since 2002, but the name never really popped up when I was travelling to Sydney or Melbourne so never stopped in to check them out.

Reminds me of another place or two that were around for a minute in Brisbane and although were interesting, I guess they never really had that footing between skate product and cool clothes to make enough impact to stick around.

Those deck prices are really good though.

[close]

I've bought from them online and Melb instore (which hasn't been around long). It's basically a high-end clothing boutique that carries some boards from "hip" brands like FA/Sci-Fi Fantasy/917 etc. and no hardware.

It's for sure more for the fashion/streetwear/sneaker crowd.

I might be wrong but they're attached to a big distributor in Sydney so maybe that's why they have such a huge online board section?
[close]

Yeah that makes sense, Flipside Distribution (based in Sydney) comes up on the payment info.

Funny that some of those places are almost a "wall hangers only" sort of store, focussed more on the cool crowd, who usually have a lot more money to burn than skateboarders do, but when they need to get rid of a lot of stock like that, it would be skaters who would jump on the clearance decks and stock up.

Crazy (again) that those prices are below wholesale for normal shops from the distributors, yet anyone could buy them from there to then stock their own shop, if they were of that mind.

I am really only interested in the wood, not the brands or graphics, so might get a few to blank, but I am guessing they are all the super steep blunt shapes in those Hockey boards.  There are a couple of 917 boards there I am looking at too.

Any which way, it is not important, but if others can get decks at a great price, then so be it.

Edit:  six boards at $49.99 each with only $15 shipping is so good.

Hey Mark, curious to know if you ordered decks from supply, and how long/if they turned up.

Or anyone else recently?

I know a few homies that got dicked over ordering around Christmas, never shipped, no response for a month, and then their orders got canceled and refunded. It was weird cos the template email said “due to inventory issues, unable to process order”, but the decks are even now still lister for sale. Guess they got overloaded with orders and the hit a hard reset rather than fill them all.

Anyway, cheap is cheap, is just wondering if they’ve got their shit together and back shipping orders again.

burner

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2023, 03:19:43 AM »

Trigger Bros has 40% of almost all decks. Free shipping Aus wide over $50.

https://triggerbrothers.com.au/skate/decks/?usf_sort=-discount

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2023, 08:00:39 AM »

I feel spoilt now, after looking through their boards and thinking I just got some of those cheaper.

For real though, there are some good ones in there and any decent pro board for under $100 is a good deal.

Also noticed that some bearings, some trucks and some wheels are on a good special as well, so worth checking out for Spitfire wheels and various trucks or bearings.

Edit:

I messaged you re the previous question, fair to say so far my interactions have been less than desirable from the order I placed well over a week and so far got nothing, so still waiting.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 08:30:52 AM by Mbrimson88 »
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

burner

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2023, 07:17:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I feel spoilt now, after looking through their boards and thinking I just got some of those cheaper.

For real though, there are some good ones in there and any decent pro board for under $100 is a good deal.

Also noticed that some bearings, some trucks and some wheels are on a good special as well, so worth checking out for Spitfire wheels and various trucks or bearings.

Edit:

I messaged you re the previous question, fair to say so far my interactions have been less than desirable from the order I placed well over a week and so far got nothing, so still waiting.

Yeah, I’ve got a soft spot for the OG surf/skate shops that have been around since the beginning. Triggerbros are good dudes and have been backing skate since the 80s, not a massive range, but a few surprises and bigger than you might expect for a surf/skate bricks and mortar shop. I pop in their often and it’s a bit of a 90s time warp in the best possible way. 8) And yeah, agree, a good pro board under $100 is never a bad deal.

Ps. Replied to your message - thanks for the feedback.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2023, 12:10:47 AM »
Keep us updated with all your experiences with Supply. I feel guilty for giving the heads up on cheap decks with my post now. I didn't end up ordering anything myself yet.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2023, 02:41:40 AM »
Supplystore, I ordered from there a few weeks back just a deck
After about 5 days I emailed them, no reply
Roughly 2 days later I messaged them on instagram they replied and shipped the next day

Shipping was about $15 and no grip obviously,  $65 for a palace deck all up
I'm quite content with that price

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2023, 08:30:16 AM »
Keep us updated with all your experiences with Supply. I feel guilty for giving the heads up on cheap decks with my post now. I didn't end up ordering anything myself yet.

I am patient and not fussed by whatever is going on there, so at those prices, if things didn't eventuate, it is not a big deal.

Always through Paypal, so that side of things is covered, but I do feel like we will get there in the end.

I guess too when I think about some people going from one board to the next or sweating on delivery times, I have a few boards always ready, so these would have been backups for a couple of other guys I skate with, as well as a couple for me, not a worry really any which way.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2023, 08:31:42 PM »
Kick push has 20% off boards that includes sale decks

Code “newwood”

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2023, 03:02:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I am patient and not fussed by whatever is going on there, so at those prices, if things didn't eventuate, it is not a big deal.

Always through Paypal, so that side of things is covered, but I do feel like we will get there in the end.

I guess too when I think about some people going from one board to the next or sweating on delivery times, I have a few boards always ready, so these would have been backups for a couple of other guys I skate with, as well as a couple for me, not a worry really any which way.

I grabbed a $49 Hockey and got an out of stock / cannot process email a day or so later and was refunded straightaway.

Tried another graphic and they shipped it out next day and delivered the day after (via courier not AusPost)

I can’t fault them over multiple of purchases really - definitely worth the recommendation!

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2023, 05:14:45 AM »
Ahh why do they have to use couriers I've had way too many issues with them

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2023, 05:31:19 PM »
Ahh why do they have to use couriers I've had way too many issues with them

I guess some businesses find it cheaper / easier to deal with Aus Post and others find it cheaper / easier to deal with some courier companies.

Funny that when I had ordered two things on the same day and both from VIC to QLD, Aus Post took the expected four days but the courier company took two weeks, then there are other times where things are sort of reversed, so I don't quite know what goes on there.

I think it also depends on where you are in relation to where it is coming from.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2023, 06:51:12 PM »

My Supply order arrived today.

After a while and emails back and forth working out what was in stock and just giving them lots of options of boards from what I could still see in stock there, I am stoked and all is well with this order - six boards all up, so I probably wasn't helping things in that regard.

I think more than anything, the stock on hand didn't quite match the stock listed, or something similar, which now seems to have been corrected or they have sold a ton of boards (or both) but the reply emails were always positive and I would order from them again, regardless of how long it took.

https://www.supplystore.com.au/sale/decks?product_list_order=price_low

Still some good ones there, and BBS wood from $39.99 is a bargain!!!

The 917 clown shoes graphic might be a bit much for some people, but it is the same dimensions as the AH blue eagle, a little under 8.5 and 14.25 wb with 31.75 length.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 472
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2023, 06:05:13 AM »
Wow im into hockey decks atm so this rules, thanks.

JimmyFive

• Rep: 36
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2023, 01:30:40 PM »
Can I add New Zealand sale gear here?

it's great to know about these Aus sales but decks in particular cost a lot for shipping across the pond..

burner

Re: Sale Gear Thread - Australia and New Zealand
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2023, 09:27:30 PM »

it's great to know about these Aus sales but decks in particular cost a lot for shipping across the pond..

Of course. How do I change the original title, Pals?

burner

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2023, 10:14:42 PM »

After a while and emails back and forth working out what was in stock and just giving them lots of options of boards from what I could still see in stock there, I am stoked and all is well with this order - six boards all up, so I probably wasn't helping things in that regard.

I think more than anything, the stock on hand didn't quite match the stock listed, or something similar, which now seems to have been corrected or they have sold a ton of boards (or both) but the reply emails were always positive and I would order from them again, regardless of how long it took.

https://www.supplystore.com.au/sale/decks?product_list_order=price_low

Still some good ones there, and BBS wood from $39.99 is a bargain!!!

The 917 clown shoes graphic might be a bit much for some people, but it is the same dimensions as the AH blue eagle, a little under 8.5 and 14.25 wb with 31.75 length.

Nice man, and replied your message, cheers.

With the 917, I’ve had two 8.25 and they both had all thick plys, which made it heavier, less flex and last longer, and good but different. And the 8.5 I’ve got is more the usual BBS with the thinner 3rd and 5th ply.

I’ve got pics, not sure how well it shows up, but it’s obvious irl and makes the thicker 8.25 board feel and skate completely different to other BBS boards I’ve skated.

So,  just wondering if the 8.38 are the same plies style they use for the 8.5, like the ones you bought, or all thick plys like the 8.25?? (Idk if all 917 8.25 are like this or just the ones I got).

Curious to know, and hope that makes sense. Ta.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 10:37:39 PM by burner »

Threadz

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2023, 08:21:08 AM »

Mbrimson88 are you familiar with the 917 8.18 shape by any chance? More specifically wheelbase and concave? That's a steal of a price for BBS wood.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2023, 04:49:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Mbrimson88 are you familiar with the 917 8.18 shape by any chance? More specifically wheelbase and concave? That's a steal of a price for BBS wood.

Sorry I only got the 8.38 and the 8.5 boards from that sale, but have not seen any of the other sizes, mainly because I don't have any local shops and other shops an hour away are often either not the sort of places to have them or I haven't really paid attention, so can't recall seeing many 917 boards around at all.

When I looked it up online, that 8.18 orange board was listed as follows from another shop, which is the same length and wheelbase as their others:

Call Me 917 Iso Orange Deck 8,18". Call Me 917 Skateboards. 81,45€ EUR.
Mellow Concave. 8.18" x 31.75". 14.25" WB.

To add to that, in any of those dimensions, regardless of width, it is a good looking board with decent nose and tail, looking at what I have and comparing it to other smaller boards I do have as well.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2023, 05:16:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

With the 917, I’ve had two 8.25 and they both had all thick plys, which made it heavier, less flex and last longer, and good but different. And the 8.5 I’ve got is more the usual BBS with the thinner 3rd and 5th ply.

I’ve got pics, not sure how well it shows up, but it’s obvious irl and makes the thicker 8.25 board feel and skate completely different to other BBS boards I’ve skated.

So,  just wondering if the 8.38 are the same plies style they use for the 8.5, like the ones you bought, or all thick plys like the 8.25?? (Idk if all 917 8.25 are like this or just the ones I got).

Curious to know, and hope that makes sense. Ta.

I can see those pics easily so just went and had a look at the four 917 boards I have.

The ply layups are similar to what you have shown on two, and same for the other two:

First version, top stained, second stained, then bottom stained, middle cross ply third and fifth are a bit thicker looking, but that could just be my eye.

Second version, top stained, middle stained, bottom stained, middle cross ply third and fifth look thinner, or other layers looking thinner too, but again this could just be me.

They don't feel any different in weight, shape, concave, but as you have said I am guessing that they could skate differently.

From riding DLX boards a lot, the first version reminds me of that (top one and two and bottom stained), with the other one looking more like some Baker boards or similar, just by basic visual comparisons, but I am not sure how this would translate to performance or whether or not they did in fact use thinner cross ply layers or something else.

JimmyFive

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2023, 01:25:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks mate!

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
Re: Sale Gear Thread - Australia and New Zealand (new)
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2023, 02:00:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Go back to the first post, click MODIFY which should be up closer to the top right, then change the title of the first post which will then change every other post after that time.

It won't change the older posts but at least it will show up in the forum as AU and NZ.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 02:08:10 AM by Mbrimson88 »

burner

« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2023, 03:27:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Go back to the first post, click MODIFY which should be up closer to the top right, then change the title of the first post which will then change every other post after that time.

It won't change the older posts but at least it will show up in the forum as AU and NZ.

Cheers, done, thanks mate.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2023, 05:23:29 PM »

So I am still getting emails from shops with significant discounts and deals, some of which are pretty good, some not so good overall, but I feel like I am getting used to more and more sales and better deals, so it is hard to compare.

Trigger Brothers still have good discounts, as per three boards I just got for about $80 each, with free grip and free shipping.

Ebay (Kingpin) has another 15% off for a few days, so Spitfire Formula Four wheels come down like this:

Buy It Now price:
AU $71.19
-AU $10.68Discount amount:
Your price:
AU $60.51
Enter code at checkout to redeem. Hurry, your voucher expires 31/03/2023. Terms and conditions apply.
MEAS15

For anyone after more Spitfire wheels, both Formula Four and original, Boardworld might have the best discounts right now, especially considering the latest drop has gone up significantly in price, as info below.

https://www.boardworld.com.au/store/skateboard-wheels

Formula Four wheels from $55 or so and originals from $45 as well as other discounts right across their range of products.

As I posted in the Spitfire Formula Four thread, some Australian shops now have the new drop of wheels, including the Evan Smith mismatched colour box set, which has officially maxed out the highest price I have ever seen normal new Spitfire Formula Four wheels in this country at $99 and they are selling fast too.  All other wheels are around $89 for normal (smaller) sizes and $94 or so for 57 mm and up.

https://www.ocdskateshop.com.au/products/spitfire-f4-evan-smith-visions-conical-full-55mm-99a-skateboard-wheels

SPITFIRE - F4 EVAN SMITH VISIONS CONICAL FULL 55MM 99A SKATEBOARD WHEELS
$99.00

OCD also have a lot of boards down to $99 on sale, some really good ones in there too, all with free grip and shipping.

JimmyFive

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2023, 09:01:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Cheers, done, thanks mate.

Chur!

burner

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2023, 11:43:47 PM »

So I am still getting emails from shops with significant discounts and deals, some of which are pretty good, some not so good overall, but I feel like I am getting used to more and more sales and better deals, so it is hard to compare.

Trigger Brothers still have good discounts, as per three boards I just got for about $80 each, with free grip and free shipping.

Ebay (Kingpin) has another 15% off for a few days, so Spitfire Formula Four wheels come down like this:

Buy It Now price:
AU $71.19
Your price:
AU $60.51
Enter code at checkout to redeem. Hurry, your voucher expires 31/03/2023. Terms and conditions apply.
MEAS15

For anyone after more Spitfire wheels, both Formula Four and original, Boardworld might have the best discounts right now, especially considering the latest drop has gone up significantly in price, as info below.

Formula Four wheels from $55 or so and originals from $45 as well as other discounts right across their range of products.

As I posted in the Spitfire Formula Four thread, some Australian shops now have the new drop of wheels, including the Evan Smith mismatched colour box set, which has officially maxed out the highest price I have ever seen normal new Spitfire Formula Four wheels in this country at $99 and they are selling fast too.  All other wheels are around $89 for normal (smaller) sizes and $94 or so for 57 mm and up.

https://www.ocdskateshop.com.au/products/spitfire-f4-evan-smith-visions-conical-full-55mm-99a-skateboard-wheels

$99.00

OCD also have a lot of boards down to $99 on sale, some really good ones in there too, all with free grip and shipping.

A hundred bucks for a set of Spitfire!?! That’s wild, no way I’d pay that. Definitely pays to shop around like you said. I just swapped out some dead spitfire for some SML og slim 51s, no problems and love the shape. Spitfire is obviously great, but seems like they’re getting a bighead.  ::) 8)

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2023, 05:41:01 PM »
Expand Quote

Buy It Now price:
AU $71.19
Your price:
AU $60.51
MEAS15

$99.00

[close]

A hundred bucks for a set of Spitfire!?! That’s wild, no way I’d pay that. Definitely pays to shop around like you said. I just swapped out some dead spitfire for some SML og slim 51s, no problems and love the shape. Spitfire is obviously great, but seems like they’re getting a bighead.  ::) 8)

Ha yeah, but I guess people get fired up over wheely small things these days.

For real though, it is the same with everything, prices going up just $1 at the manufacturing end means things go up $10 or more at the retail end, so with shipping costs going through the roof, places like here where shipping eats into whatever costs a lot more just to get the container here, means that DLX product in general just goes up another $10 or more per $100 price.

The new Indy trucks and all that sort of stuff from other brands have also gone up stupid amounts, new ones being $120 to $160 a set, and that is just the plain to pro name trucks, not even hollow / ti axle with forged plates.

Get them while you can, cause things are going to go through the roof in the next 12 months compared to what the prices were or are on sale now.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2023, 09:34:26 PM »
Boardworld is clearing out all Dwindle boards at 50% off.

Almost Madness and Enjoi.

homicidalpsychojunglecat

• Rep: 15
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2023, 12:19:14 AM »
These sales you guys are having in Aus are fucking wild. Shit's so expensive in NZ it's insane.