Author Topic: 2023 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 177291 times)

cky enthusiast

Re: 2023 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #2010 on: July 16, 2023, 07:05:24 PM »
a lot of saltbars incapable of powersliding downhill in this thread :'(

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2011 on: July 16, 2023, 08:01:51 PM »
I don't care about Beatrice any which way, like that whole discussion is super uninteresting and if I skated Vans still id buy her shoe and just scratch off the name.

manysnakes

« Reply #2012 on: July 16, 2023, 08:29:55 PM »
I don't care about Beatrice any which way, like that whole discussion is super uninteresting and if I skated Vans still id buy her shoe and just scratch off the name.

That thread is absolutely insufferable. Mods should lock it for the good of the world.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2013 on: July 16, 2023, 08:44:54 PM »
It's just a giant circle jerk of the most polarizing arguments on the subject and there is zero impact on her status as a skateboarder as a result. But at a point it's time to move on from the topic.

djoekr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 324
« Reply #2014 on: July 17, 2023, 05:57:25 AM »
It's just a giant circle jerk of the most polarizing arguments on the subject and there is zero impact on her status as a skateboarder as a result. But at a point it's time to move on from the topic.

Wait, you mean you DON'T like an eternal loop of 'Beatrice/Dill lower the bar for female skaters' and 'Being pro is about more than being a skilled skater'?
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -322
« Reply #2015 on: July 17, 2023, 06:44:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
GX1000 is boring and they do the same thing every video.
[close]

you could just say you cant skate hills.
[close]

I’ve bombed hills in the Adirondacks. Take a lap bud
[close]

oh cool, you rode down a hill w/ 0 traffic. congrats on longboarding
And where are your hillbomb clips buddy? Oh you ride a one-wheel. Cool, got it. Lol
Your handle is also wane Brady so that tells me all I need to know lol

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #2016 on: July 17, 2023, 06:46:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
GX1000 is boring and they do the same thing every video.
[close]

you could just say you cant skate hills.
[close]

I’ve bombed hills in the Adirondacks. Take a lap bud
[close]

oh cool, you rode down a hill w/ 0 traffic. congrats on longboarding
[close]
And where are your hillbomb clips buddy? Oh you ride a one-wheel. Cool, got it. Lol
Your handle is also wane Brady so that tells me all I need to know lol

i’m sorry but what is all you need to know?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #2017 on: July 17, 2023, 06:59:44 AM »
that im wane brady

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 151
« Reply #2018 on: July 17, 2023, 07:17:22 AM »
GX1000 would bore me if they didn't one up themselves in extremity with every video. The Mexico video was mostly hillbombing but those spots were so utterly insane that I couldn't stop watching. Though I am a little tired of seeing wallrides and hillbombs in SF; that kind of skating has become so oversaturated since the Strobeck SF video. The Euro video they put out recently was my favorite because they were skating different shit and showing a bit more variety.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #2019 on: July 17, 2023, 07:18:23 AM »
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

manysnakes

« Reply #2020 on: July 17, 2023, 07:58:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wait, you mean you DON'T like an eternal loop of 'Beatrice/Dill lower the bar for female skaters' and 'Being pro is about more than being a skilled skater'?

I like it more when the same people repeat this argument Ad infinitum.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2021 on: July 17, 2023, 10:00:27 AM »
People don't watch most of the GX videos if they think all the riders do is hill bomb. Chris Athans, Eddie Cernicky, JJ, and Jeff Carlyle all skate a lot of terrain and much of their footage is sans bombs.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #2022 on: July 17, 2023, 10:07:48 AM »
I’d rather watch a primitive video….
I'd rather watch a Natural Koncept video than a Primitive video.

PalaceButtPlug

• Rep: -366
« Reply #2023 on: July 17, 2023, 01:24:15 PM »
Expand Quote
I’d rather watch a primitive video….
[close]
I'd rather watch a Natural Koncept video than a Primitive video.

Choppy Omega should also be on King

burntout

• Rep: -46
« Reply #2024 on: July 17, 2023, 01:49:14 PM »
Skateboarding gets a bit depressing

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #2025 on: July 17, 2023, 02:03:30 PM »
I sometimes get stressed when skating with other people and then I’m bummed out later. I realize I usually like skating alone but I also like seeing friends. I try to break it up- skate a few times with friends, then skate alone a few times. It kind of helps.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -75
« Reply #2026 on: July 17, 2023, 02:27:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I sometimes get stressed when skating with other people and then I’m bummed out later. I realize I usually like skating alone but I also like seeing friends. I try to break it up- skate a few times with friends, then skate alone a few times. It kind of helps.

I never skate as well when I'm alone.
Typically I skate twice during the week, those are solo "maintenance" sessions.
Then one big "public" session on the weekend with my friends.
I always skate significantly better at the big weekend sesh with friends.

I had a solo session last week where I decided to go to a flat spot and really knuckle down on getting my hardflips back.
I tried at least 50 in a row and never even came close, I won't even lie I legit almost cried because I'm working so fucking hard and they're just not happening.
Cut to Saturday and I'm at a session with 5 or 6 friends, I was practically landing them on command like it was nothing.
I just don't get it but skating alone I guess I just don't have the hype and shit just doesn't work for me. Sucks.

But it kinda makes sense, the angrier I get, the less likely I am to even come close to landing whatever I'm battling.
When I'm alone, for some reason, I'll fucking RAGE about not landing tricks.
But when I'm surrounded by other people my temper stays in check, like I don't know why but I genuinely don't get mad when I'm surrounded by friends, I just laugh it off and keep going and everything works out wayyyyyyy better.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #2027 on: July 17, 2023, 02:29:51 PM »

The act of skateboarding?
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

lurkluke

• Rep: 195
« Reply #2028 on: July 17, 2023, 03:41:05 PM »
page 69

anyway let the freaks loose on BATB. I wanna see nollie triple flippers vs nollie triple flippers. Keep the srs pros out. Make it weird. The world is crumbling so let's just enjoy it.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3378
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #2029 on: July 17, 2023, 04:00:12 PM »
page 69

anyway let the freaks loose on BATB. I wanna see nollie triple flippers vs nollie triple flippers. Keep the srs pros out. Make it weird. The world is crumbling so let's just enjoy it.

I'd love to see an army of && clones battling it out for the crown. Literal clones.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #2030 on: July 17, 2023, 04:05:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I never skate as well when I'm alone.
Typically I skate twice during the week, those are solo "maintenance" sessions.
Then one big "public" session on the weekend with my friends.
I always skate significantly better at the big weekend sesh with friends.

I had a solo session last week where I decided to go to a flat spot and really knuckle down on getting my hardflips back.
I tried at least 50 in a row and never even came close, I won't even lie I legit almost cried because I'm working so fucking hard and they're just not happening.
Cut to Saturday and I'm at a session with 5 or 6 friends, I was practically landing them on command like it was nothing.
I just don't get it but skating alone I guess I just don't have the hype and shit just doesn't work for me. Sucks.

But it kinda makes sense, the angrier I get, the less likely I am to even come close to landing whatever I'm battling.
When I'm alone, for some reason, I'll fucking RAGE about not landing tricks.
But when I'm surrounded by other people my temper stays in check, like I don't know why but I genuinely don't get mad when I'm surrounded by friends, I just laugh it off and keep going and everything works out wayyyyyyy better.
Makes sense- I have a friend who every now and then rages and everyone sort of starts backing away. I don’t get too upset anymore tho

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1594
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2031 on: July 17, 2023, 04:24:03 PM »
I’ve been fine tuning this, but my new approach is any trick that I can do….I don’t try more than 5 times….I then move on and come back to it later…..

I also do what I call the circle of failure where I try three tricks at once and keep doing it until I land all three…. Then I call it the circle of success……

antiseptic

• Rep: -15
« Reply #2032 on: July 17, 2023, 06:49:51 PM »
the current trend of oldies music in video parts is some of the worst, everything about it is cheap, like yeah man that oldies song sure gets me psyched to go grab my board

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #2033 on: July 17, 2023, 06:53:46 PM »
the current trend of oldies music in video parts is some of the worst, everything about it is cheap, like yeah man that oldies song sure gets me psyched to go grab my board
you must have started skating 2 months ago if you think oldies in videos is a “current trend”

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
« Reply #2034 on: July 17, 2023, 06:53:57 PM »
I’ve been fine tuning this, but my new approach is any trick that I can do….I don’t try more than 5 times….I then move on and come back to it later…..

I also do what I call the circle of failure where I try three tricks at once and keep doing it until I land all three…. Then I call it the circle of success……

I have a similar routine with the few tricks I can do. Helps keep the frustration down and the fun up.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #2035 on: July 17, 2023, 07:27:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I have a similar routine with the few tricks I can do. Helps keep the frustration down and the fun up.

I dont count the number of tries but ill switch tricks if one isnt fun anymore. Rarely let myself get to the point of frustration on the board. I skate to have fun, if its not fun something is wrong and there must be a change.

antiseptic

• Rep: -15
« Reply #2036 on: July 17, 2023, 07:31:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
you must have started skating 2 months ago if you think oldies in videos is a “current trend”
i should have worded my post better, i know its nothing new but recently a lot of them seem to be love songs, Patrick Pramans real part, gx1000 rain video, i dont get it personally

switchfakie

« Reply #2037 on: July 17, 2023, 08:26:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

fr, I remember being a kid just getting into skating years back & hating the oldies songs. Funny how I did a 180 & now love all those songs

backfliptofiftyfifty

• Rep: -146
  • commitment issues (in life and skating)
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2038 on: July 17, 2023, 08:37:19 PM »
The gx1000 dudes seem insufferable to be around

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #2039 on: July 17, 2023, 08:43:22 PM »
I wanna see people get paid
Like how the actors be striking
I wanna see the skate homies
Strike. Get more money my homies
Don’t trust Jamie Thomas or
Supreme or my cousin
Stop posting everything in the phone.
But also if that’s how you get by then go for it. Life isn’t all heelflips and vacations. Don’t flex too hard. It’s fake and we all know it.

Hard to strike if you’re not in a union.   Hard to have collective bargaining if your not negotiating with all sponsors as a single entity.