Author Topic: Destructo Trucks  (Read 3016 times)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 824
Re: Destructo Trucks
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2023, 10:44:19 PM »
D1s are the only tall truck I enthusiastically skate. Despite the height and weight I really like how they pop and they grind really well on concrete.

D2 are a worthy alternative for the thunder crowd as well. I got those first and liked them enough to try the d1.

One thing to be aware of is the bushings are hard. Really hard. They say 90a but feel more like 96. If you ride your trucks tight or are a heavier dude it doesn't make a huge difference but after I lost weight I definitely noticed it and switched them out. Otherwise great trucks.

Also really good dudes. They gave me a 30% off veterans discount code that has worked every time I've tried it, I don't think it expires. Hooked my box up with a load of stickers too.

Daewons front truck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2023, 05:02:59 PM »
Destructos are for those dudes that are good and picking up sponsors, but not good/cool enough to get on a legit truck brand. You all know who I'm talking about.

Same is kinda true for krux.

Just buy Indy/Ace/Thunder/Venture.

Edit: That Bam vid is fucking GOLD haha.

Nah, I'm not the type of dude that thinks that way, everyone likes something different in trucks and I like trying new things out which is how I found out I liked Tensors and Indy hallows. I typically have one setup that I use with stuff I know I like, and I have second setup with gear I'm trying out. Why limit yourself to four companies? company's also change all the time so there is always the chance that they can improve or get worse. There is also new companys starting all the time in the industry (which has me curious about slappy trucks.) Who knows, you might find something that becomes your new favorite. I use to only ride thunders and Indy's but after 20 years of skating I guess I've become more "adventurous" lol Although I do agree with you that I found krux to be awful every time I tried them.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 824
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2023, 01:47:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Destructos are for those dudes that are good and picking up sponsors, but not good/cool enough to get on a legit truck brand. You all know who I'm talking about.

[close]

Nah, I'm not the type of dude that thinks that way, everyone likes something different in trucks and I like trying new things out which is how I found out I liked Tensors and Indy hallows. I typically have one setup that I use with stuff I know I like, and I have second setup with gear I'm trying out. Why limit yourself to four companies? company's also change all the time so there is always the chance that they can improve or get worse. There is also new companys starting all the time in the industry (which has me curious about slappy trucks.) Who knows, you might find something that becomes your new favorite. I use to only ride thunders and Indy's but after 20 years of skating I guess I've become more "adventurous" lol Although I do agree with you that I found krux to be awful every time I tried them.

Krux have historically been pretty awful, but with the k5 update they improved to mediocre. Still heavy and don't turn all that well, but they do turn now.

IpathCats

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2023, 07:05:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Zero, need/want/interest in trying something else unless something "game changing" comes along.

I ride indys, but if my tastes change over time I'll know which of ace/thunder/venture to go to.

Daewons front truck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2023, 10:53:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Zero, need/want/interest in trying something else unless something "game changing" comes along.

I ride indys, but if my tastes change over time I'll know which of ace/thunder/venture to go to.

That's cool bro, you do you. Personally I like trying out all kinds of gear (unless it's ridiculous.) When I was younger I didn't have the same curiosity about products that I do now. Part of the reason for that may be because when I was younger I wasn't as financially secure as I am now  so I would only buy products that I knew would work for me. You can't really go wrong with Indy's though. I have Indy 149 FA Collab hollows on my 8.38 board. On my other set-up I have 5.25 Tensor Raws on an 8.0 deck.