Author Topic: Buyers remorse.  (Read 19593 times)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
Re: Buyers remorse.
« Reply #270 on: October 02, 2023, 04:25:51 PM »
Expand Quote
literally any pant i bought to skate in without a gusseted crotch
[close]

Do you have any recommendations? Since I saw this post I've been looking into gusseted pants, never really heard about it before but it seems promising.

also interested.
the last pants i exploded were some diesel jeans in the early 2gs. all of the cocaine i had spilled in them must have eroded their integrity. apropos.
but i was buying some gusseted pants for riding bikes. that seemed to help with longevity, and have less of a saw effect on the crotchal regions

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1932
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #271 on: October 02, 2023, 06:31:07 PM »
Active Chino pants, listed as a 30 waist but it's actually a 32 and I'm swimming in too much material, way too wide to wear with a belt and way too baggy to consider altering.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

flintstagram

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #272 on: October 02, 2023, 08:51:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Do you have any recommendations? Since I saw this post I've been looking into gusseted pants, never really heard about it before but it seems promising.
[close]

also interested.
the last pants i exploded were some diesel jeans in the early 2gs. all of the cocaine i had spilled in them must have eroded their integrity. apropos.
but i was buying some gusseted pants for riding bikes. that seemed to help with longevity, and have less of a saw effect on the crotchal regions

If I remember correctly, I believe dickies makes a pant with a gusseted crotch. I think I own a pair. I’ll try to figure out what they are. Honestly though I’ve just been skating in the Foy pants since they came out. I enjoy them, but no crotch gusset, so I have absolutely blown out the crotch in a pair of them.

Update: they appear to be the dickies LP812, and they’ve been discontinued. Sorry everyone, looks like they’ll be a bitch to find.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 09:04:25 PM by flintstagram »

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #273 on: October 03, 2023, 03:04:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

also interested.
[close]

If I remember correctly, I believe dickies makes a pant with a gusseted crotch. I think I own a pair. I’ll try to figure out what they are. Honestly though I’ve just been skating in the Foy pants since they came out. I enjoy them, but no crotch gusset, so I have absolutely blown out the crotch in a pair of them.

Update: they appear to be the dickies LP812, and they’ve been discontinued. Sorry everyone, looks like they’ll be a bitch to find.
rock climbing, hiking pants, and BDUs tend to have this feature
i have window shopped and found some examples
dont have any recommendations yet, havent wear tested any
but if anyone wants to test em, i can share links

pricing is all over the place depending on what the pant is for
most of my finds are in the $100 range but id spend tbat
just compare to $120+ “big boys” that blow out faster by design
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 310
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #274 on: October 04, 2023, 12:38:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

also interested.
[close]

[close]

gramiccis pants are really good. i try to stock up on them whenever they're on sale (mltd and back country typically have sales). they have different styles and fits depending on your preference and they come in multiple colors. i'm a huge fan of their G-shorts, loose but not super baggy and the length is perfect imo. they've been holding up fine skating and on the climbing walls

https://gramicci.com/collections/mens-pants

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #275 on: October 05, 2023, 11:58:04 PM »
Spitfire Supreme cruiser wheels from Vacation in Paris. Upon unpacking the wheels turned out with yellow stains. Yuck. I regret leaving my few € at Supreme Corp. instead of a local shop.

Mulldrifter

• Rep: 16
« Reply #276 on: October 06, 2023, 01:39:44 AM »
oj mini combo, elite urethane is not elite, it's just shit.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #277 on: October 06, 2023, 08:19:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

also interested.
[close]

[close]

[close]
gramiccis pants are really good. i try to stock up on them whenever they're on sale (mltd and back country typically have sales). they have different styles and fits depending on your preference and they come in multiple colors. i'm a huge fan of their G-shorts, loose but not super baggy and the length is perfect imo. they've been holding up fine skating and on the climbing walls

I’ve gotten a few pairs grammici pants via thrift and eBay for like $5 and $15. Excellent pants that hold up. The cotton is a lil thick but they’re comfy as hell
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #278 on: October 06, 2023, 08:29:09 AM »

These were probably the worst "legitimate" wheels I ever skated. Definitely worse than Mini Logo or other generics I've encountered. I really do love my OJ Mini Juice wheels; those little guys deliver.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

LebowskisRug

« Reply #279 on: October 06, 2023, 10:45:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

also interested.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I’ve gotten a few pairs grammici pants via thrift and eBay for like $5 and $15. Excellent pants that hold up. The cotton is a lil thick but they’re comfy as hell

These "climber pants" are now made by tons of brands and Gramicci is now getting more and more expensive as they try to hit the streetwear trend. I have a few pairs for climbing/wearing and can concur that they're pretty comfy, but they're not any sort of unique materials or cut so any brand that has a decent cotton will suffice.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
« Reply #280 on: October 06, 2023, 02:57:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

also interested.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

These "climber pants" are now made by tons of brands and Gramicci is now getting more and more expensive as they try to hit the streetwear trend. I have a few pairs for climbing/wearing and can concur that they're pretty comfy, but they're not any sort of unique materials or cut so any brand that has a decent cotton will suffice.

Whatever floats your boat. 2nd hand USA made Gramicci can be had at excellent prices and the quality can’t be beat.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #281 on: October 07, 2023, 06:30:49 AM »
The new Theories Trinity of Costanza shirt. Ordered online and kinda bummed on the quality. First new Theories shirt in a minute.

The original shirts from back in the day used sublimation printing, where the images were dyed into the fabric, but now they cheaped out and are doing heat transfers. So like a thick heavy sticker printed onto the shirts.

The Constanza shirt is just a giant blob of ink that’s too high up on the tees.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #282 on: October 07, 2023, 09:16:05 AM »
Fuck those wheels are the worst

Bupstop

• Rep: 40
« Reply #283 on: October 07, 2023, 09:41:05 AM »
The new Theories Trinity of Costanza shirt. Ordered online and kinda bummed on the quality. First new Theories shirt in a minute.

The original shirts from back in the day used sublimation printing, where the images were dyed into the fabric, but now they cheaped out and are doing heat transfers. So like a thick heavy sticker printed onto the shirts.

The Constanza shirt is just a giant blob of ink that’s too high up on the tees.

I’ve noticed that more and more brands are doing this cheap shit. At my local I saw a Terror of Planet X shirt that was heat transferred and I bought a free dumb shirt that was unfortunately heat transferred. It makes me reluctant to buy shirts online now.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #284 on: October 07, 2023, 12:04:42 PM »
Theories also used to use those soft, well fitting t-shirts. They switched to some thicker "relaxed" shirts and it made me feel like I was wearing a cardboard box.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1932
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #285 on: October 16, 2023, 08:26:50 AM »
https://esskateboarding.com/products/accel-plus-ever-stitch-eco-grey

I've ridden the Accel Plus Everstitch before and really liked it the hidden lace loops and strap to get really secure fit especially as the shoe softens up. But the sole on the Eco model is painfully stiff and way grippier than I'm used to, even after trying to break them in by wearing them as chillers for over 3 weeks. The entire session was a struggle to get the staples checked off the list. I drag hard on all my tricks and the outsole is usually pretty worn after 1 session but these barely showed any wear.

First time I've had shoe madness in a while, I'll give them 1 more session if not I'm retiring them as chillers. Bummer since I've been wearing eS (Swift 1.5 / Accel Slim Plus Everstitch) exclusively for over a year and this was the first pair that I struggled with.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

geezer

• Rep: 37
« Reply #286 on: October 16, 2023, 11:15:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

also interested.
[close]

[close]

Just got a pair of these. https://www.tactics.com/nike-sb/kearny-cargo-pants/hemp

I like 'em so far. TTS and a bit of stretch to them. Haven't really put them through any abuse yet, so I can't speak to their durability