Author Topic: Things that secretly make you think less of a person  (Read 41009 times)

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Things that secretly make you think less of a person
« Reply #270 on: June 14, 2023, 10:35:30 AM »
Dudes that are married or in a serious relationship that are constantly perving on and/or talking about how hot every other chick is when they are around the boys. Like, why the fuck did you get married then asshole? Got a bunch of dudes that I know that are like this and it really bothers me, because I’m super serious about being respectful to my partner and trying to have the most healthy relationship I can. Honestly just about every married couple I know are fucking miserable, especially the ones with kids. People are fucked, they use marriage and kids as relationship band-aids which always backfires. Also these are the same dudes that refer to their partner as “the wife” or “wifey”….how hard is it to say “later dudes, gonna roll home, Samantha is making tacos for the fam tonight” instead of “i gotta bail, hall pass is expired, the wife needs me to go do some shit”

Ive got a old, old buddy who married a gal, um what, like 13 years younger than he is. I think he is 39 she is 27, so 12 years, but he is like this. when i visit, he starts talking about the “old days” and different girls he supposedly hooked up with, and his wife is right there. Dude will also start talking about women we see in public and his wife will be just a few feet away. This past visit i said “dude, cut this shit out, man. (Your wife) is right there, motherfucker. Making her feel bad and shit. She doesn’t wanna hear this bullshit.” I said to her “you tell this fool to shut the fuck up sometimes cuz he is full of shit.”

And ya, the whole idea of “happy wife, happy life” or “hall pass” is such an undercurrent of soft misogyny. I had to lay it down on my BIL a while back, like “dude. You married my sisters. That shits not cool man.” He actually listened and seems to be making strides.

Support your local skate shop

matt_2993

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
« Reply #271 on: June 14, 2023, 12:35:21 PM »
When people do weird shit with their arms while jogging

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -78
« Reply #272 on: June 14, 2023, 12:50:03 PM »
When people do weird shit with their arms while jogging

My arms turn into snakes and attack me, that's actually why I'm jogging; I'm trying to get away from them.
A part of me knows I can't run from them, I mean, they're attached to me, but I just don't know what else to do, ya know?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #273 on: June 14, 2023, 02:50:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Not washing your cast iron with soap
[close]

You can wash your cast iron with soap. That was only a thing when most all soap had lye in it.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 845
« Reply #274 on: June 15, 2023, 10:43:05 AM »
People who drive around town in a convertible with the roof down and windows up..it's fucking 30°C

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 83
« Reply #275 on: June 15, 2023, 12:44:28 PM »
When people refuse to respect someone's choice in being sober. Forgetting and accidentally offering a beer is one thing, but to put pressure on someone after they've said "no" is the quickest way for me to no longer respect you.

noselid

• Rep: -40
« Reply #276 on: June 15, 2023, 02:26:29 PM »
People who drive around town in a convertible with the roof down and windows up..it's fucking 30°C
its cause the wind. top down windows up is the best. convertible gang baby.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 845
« Reply #277 on: June 16, 2023, 08:02:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
its cause the wind. top down windows up is the best. convertible gang baby.
It was (like normal) a traffic jam here. There is zero wind if your in bumper to bumper traffic. You'd be lucky to hit 30km/h.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #278 on: June 17, 2023, 04:15:15 PM »
for me its things that inconvenience others. somebody mentioned "sitting directly behind me in a movie theater" which is a good example. others i was thinking of:
- parking directly behind my driveway every single day and not parking in your driveway because you don't want to kill the "ribbon" of grass that you chose to have in a driveway(?). not pulling up 5 feet. making it a pain in the ass for myself and anyone else who visits my house because you can't be considerate.
- driving fast in the neighborhood.

for me, i dont mind if people do weird shit like jeans and sandals or tucking a t shirt into jeans or not listening to an album fully. i dont care. we are all extremely weird in our own ways. its when you inconvenience others or just dont consider anyone but yourself.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 217
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #279 on: June 17, 2023, 04:24:51 PM »
People who wear (anything even slightly related to) bape clothing

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #280 on: June 17, 2023, 04:25:04 PM »

- parking directly behind my driveway every single day and not parking in your driveway because you don't want to kill the "ribbon" of grass that you chose to have in a driveway(?). not pulling up 5 feet. making it a pain in the ass for myself and anyone else who visits my house because you can't be considerate.

I was actually going to post something similar.  People who's laziness affects other people.  Guests who have to park in the apartment parking lot and block/make it a pain in the ass for everyone else to exit because you couldn't walk half a block from the street.

People who drive to the gas station two blocks from their house.

Using paper plates and plastic forks to eat supper.  Buying new socks instead of doing laundry.

People who speed excessively in town.  I had someone today weaving in and out of traffic hauling ass 20+ over the speed limit so they could get to the same stoplight 10 seconds quicker.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2011
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #281 on: June 18, 2023, 07:40:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dudes that are married or in a serious relationship that are constantly perving on and/or talking about how hot every other chick is when they are around the boys. Like, why the fuck did you get married then asshole? Got a bunch of dudes that I know that are like this and it really bothers me, because I’m super serious about being respectful to my partner and trying to have the most healthy relationship I can. Honestly just about every married couple I know are fucking miserable, especially the ones with kids. People are fucked, they use marriage and kids as relationship band-aids which always backfires. Also these are the same dudes that refer to their partner as “the wife” or “wifey”….how hard is it to say “later dudes, gonna roll home, Samantha is making tacos for the fam tonight” instead of “i gotta bail, hall pass is expired, the wife needs me to go do some shit”
[close]

Ive got a old, old buddy who married a gal, um what, like 13 years younger than he is. I think he is 39 she is 27, so 12 years, but he is like this. when i visit, he starts talking about the “old days” and different girls he supposedly hooked up with, and his wife is right there. Dude will also start talking about women we see in public and his wife will be just a few feet away. This past visit i said “dude, cut this shit out, man. (Your wife) is right there, motherfucker. Making her feel bad and shit. She doesn’t wanna hear this bullshit.” I said to her “you tell this fool to shut the fuck up sometimes cuz he is full of shit.”

And ya, the whole idea of “happy wife, happy life” or “hall pass” is such an undercurrent of soft misogyny. I had to lay it down on my BIL a while back, like “dude. You married my sisters. That shits not cool man.” He actually listened and seems to be making strides.
[close]

If my brother was talking this way in front of my sister in law I'd be pissed/ peeved too. "happy wife happy life," is a form of toxic compromise in which the man of the relationship is expected to bend over backward to do whatever his wife wants while neglecting his own needs. While i've never been married, I have had experience in relationships in which my SO wanted to take on this dynamic. Not happening.... I've also had friends who get stuck in this type of relationship dynamic. it only leads to resentment.

In Asia we've modified it to "happy spouse, happy house(hold)"

When people refuse to respect someone's choice in being sober. Forgetting and accidentally offering a beer is one thing, but to put pressure on someone after they've said "no" is the quickest way for me to no longer respect you.

I'll add on - people whose sole idea of a good time is getting frat boy drunk and their only conversation topic is how reliving memories of past drinking escapades. I'm not sober or straight edge but my older brother used to do this shit all the time. I can't drink as much as he can, I get super sleepy after too many drinks and I don't want to start my week with a pounding hangover.

I enjoy the occasional night with lots of beers with friends, but we're in our late 30s, leave the frat boy nights for nostalgia trips and enjoy the company and conversation.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

astro

• Rep: 2
« Reply #282 on: June 18, 2023, 09:01:54 PM »
i dont think about people at all, let alone gauge how much i like them. if we're friends its cause i accept u despite maybe doing things i wouldnt do. if we arent friends i do not think or feel about you whatsoever
extremely based

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #283 on: June 19, 2023, 06:58:36 AM »

totally this.

but also dudes, who are greeting each other with an arm-wrestle handshake. All other form of greeting is fine with me – shaking hands, fist bumps, hugging, nodding, whatever, but that alpha male jock shit, is an instant turn-off.

people who are texting while driving – no matter if it is a car, a bike an e-scooter or whatever.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #284 on: June 19, 2023, 08:30:17 AM »
Anyone who works remotely and still has moments where they're talking on mute

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 541
« Reply #285 on: June 19, 2023, 08:46:29 AM »
People who drive to the gas station two blocks from their house.

As opposed to making several trips on foot with jerrycans?

Jebediah

• Rep: 108
« Reply #286 on: June 19, 2023, 09:35:03 AM »
Lately it is people walking around staring at their phone oblivious that they are in the way or about to walk in to someone.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #287 on: June 19, 2023, 12:49:13 PM »
When you think you're having a conversation then someone is distracted by useless notifications on their phone and zones out. I was starting to get over the group hang outs because of this and now it's happening more one on one. Maybe I'm old school, but I don't like wasting my voice and time if people aren't present.

this is a great one

people who are into titty bars and other places where women are paid to be sexy. magnified if they are married.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 625
« Reply #288 on: June 19, 2023, 01:31:50 PM »
Interrupting and talking over others is bad people stuff.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #289 on: June 19, 2023, 02:12:09 PM »
When someone requires constant stimulation and/or entertainment when you hang out with them or else they get bored and want to leave. I'm sure you've all experienced someone like this at one point or another.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #290 on: June 19, 2023, 04:09:11 PM »
I've never really had a rash of any kind so I look down on people that get weird unknown rashes

Hope this doesn't come back to haunt me tho

switchfakie

« Reply #291 on: June 19, 2023, 04:23:55 PM »
i hate it when people spit on the ground

like its so disrespectful, just walk up to a fucking trashcan or the grass and spit there instead of the concrete you stupid fuck

FUBAR

• Rep: 249
« Reply #292 on: June 20, 2023, 02:57:36 AM »
One I have seen recently is a spoiled daddys boy whos in his late 30s now, handed daddys successful company a few years ago, and spouts off on social media that you don’t need a college degree to make it in the world. While I do agree, he forgets to add that all you really need is a rich dad to hand you shit. Lots of posts about his fancy cars and houses, but I know he is miserable, his kids do questionable things, and his marriage is failing.
Fakebook, baby!

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #293 on: June 20, 2023, 03:40:33 AM »
There's a special spot in hell for people who haven't skated in years, but make sure you know what a phenom they were back in the day.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #294 on: June 20, 2023, 06:54:23 AM »
One I have seen recently is a spoiled daddys boy whos in his late 30s now, handed daddys successful company a few years ago, and spouts off on social media that you don’t need a college degree to make it in the world. While I do agree, he forgets to add that all you really need is a rich dad to hand you shit. Lots of posts about his fancy cars and houses, but I know he is miserable, his kids do questionable things, and his marriage is failing.
Fakebook, baby!

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -78
« Reply #295 on: June 20, 2023, 09:44:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Fakebook, baby!
[close]

It's rough trying to explain to people over 60 that the days when you could stumble into an office building, slam your middle school diploma on the owners desk, he admires your can-do attitude and gives you a job in the mailroom, and with a lil good ol' fashioned moxie and grit, you can work your way up to CEO in 5 years...yeah that's not a thing anymore.

More and more I'm seeing places that outright refuse to promote anyone and hire all management from outside.
God help you if you don't have a degree, you can spend a decade learning to run every aspect of the business single-handedly and have it run like a swiss watch, the second a management position opens you're training a 22 year old with an Associates in Art History how to be your boss...

fuckingawesomesauce

• Rep: 11
« Reply #296 on: June 20, 2023, 10:59:51 AM »

never seen a good-looking tattoo in my entire life.
Alright granny let’s get you back to the nursing home

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #297 on: June 20, 2023, 02:33:53 PM »
Expand Quote

never seen a good-looking tattoo in my entire life.
[close]
Alright granny let’s get you back to the nursing home

My favorite tattoo I saw was a tramp stamp at the pool the other day bc it was received back in the day of low rise bottoms, but since the trend is high rise ass showing bottoms in the swim suit Dept, the tattoo def  appeared in a weird seeming spot

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #298 on: June 20, 2023, 06:41:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fakebook, baby!
[close]

[close]

It's rough trying to explain to people over 60 that the days when you could stumble into an office building, slam your middle school diploma on the owners desk, he admires your can-do attitude and gives you a job in the mailroom, and with a lil good ol' fashioned moxie and grit, you can work your way up to CEO in 5 years...yeah that's not a thing anymore.

More and more I'm seeing places that outright refuse to promote anyone and hire all management from outside.
God help you if you don't have a degree, you can spend a decade learning to run every aspect of the business single-handedly and have it run like a swiss watch, the second a management position opens you're training a 22 year old with an Associates in Art History how to be your boss...

Crazy to think that my dad (rest his soul) worked his way up from a warehouse assistant to regional CFO of a MNC over the course of 20 years.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

caiiro

• Rep: 3
  • you'd prefer an astronaut
« Reply #299 on: June 20, 2023, 10:25:28 PM »
the guys at the skatepark who get mad at little scooter kids, their like 9 fucking years old man it wont be the end of the world if they snake you.