Author Topic: tampa am 2023  (Read 5417 times)

fineslime

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
tampa am 2023
« on: October 13, 2023, 09:21:16 PM »
tampa am 2023 is this weekend! here's some practice footy from yesterday:

why is Ginwoo skating tampa am when he skates pro contests and already WON THE X GAMES? kinda bullshit if you ask me... should be a good weekend. any pals going to be there this weekend? does anyone still care about tampa am?

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 26
Re: tampa am 2023
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2023, 09:48:58 PM »

why is Ginwoo skating tampa am when he skates pro contests and already WON THE X GAMES? kinda bullshit if you ask me... should be a good weekend. any pals going to be there this weekend? does anyone still care about tampa am?

He is listed from Jart in the Am team.
Since nobody make him pro yet, and is still skating for Jart it makes sense to present himself on the most important Am contest in US.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2023, 10:22:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Since nobody make him pro yet, and is still skating for Jart it makes sense to present himself on the most important Am contest in US.

I get that, but if you won the biggest pro contest in the world (x games) that isn't tampa pro, entering tampa am seems kinda weak. there have been other ams that have skated tampa pro before who haven't already won the x games. I was also going through the heat sheets for tomorrow, and he is the only person with his entirely own heat, which seems odd.

dunno if this is a mistake, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Baby on Board

• Rep: 34
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2023, 10:26:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I get that, but if you won the biggest pro contest in the world (x games) that isn't tampa pro, entering tampa am seems kinda weak. there have been other ams that have skated tampa pro before who haven't already won the x games. I was also going through the heat sheets for tomorrow, and he is the only person with his entirely own heat, which seems odd.

dunno if this is a mistake, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

You ruined the surprise, Jart’s gonna turn him pro before his solo jam and kick him out of the contest! 

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2023, 12:31:04 AM »
I think a few years ago Tampa stopped letting ams enter the pro contest. I think X games, SLS and the World Skate contests don’t have the same requirements. Wonder what the deal is with Jart is though, I’m sure he could land a better sponsor or go pro for another company. I went to the am contest last year and it was pretty sick. Tons of young rippers. The vert legends demo tonight looked pretty sick. Birdman, Vov, Bucky, Frazier, Vertical Vampire, Yellow Helmet, even Hosoi was there.

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 26
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2023, 03:04:59 AM »
I think a few years ago Tampa stopped letting ams enter the pro contest. I think X games, SLS and the World Skate contests don’t have the same requirements. Wonder what the deal is with Jart is though, I’m sure he could land a better sponsor or go pro for another company. I went to the am contest last year and it was pretty sick. Tons of young rippers. The vert legends demo tonight looked pretty sick. Birdman, Vov, Bucky, Frazier, Vertical Vampire, Yellow Helmet, even Hosoi was there.

Woud just like to go to see the old Vert guys.
Frazier insta account is always a pleasure. Seeing Crum still doing chest high nollie tail grabs.

Ghost Face

• Rep: 122
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2023, 11:14:09 AM »
After he wins Tampa AM, they'll turn him pro for Tampa Pro comp.

After Olympics '24 he'll announce he's a girl.

It will be exquisite.

Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

bartlaser

• Rep: 15
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2023, 02:24:01 PM »
First 10 mins of Tampa Am best trick is like rattling a cage of squirrels.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1267
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2023, 03:16:39 PM »
First 10 mins of Tampa Am best trick is like rattling a cage of squirrels.
hahah great analogy but I thought it was sick. “Last” attempts too

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2023, 03:57:48 PM »
Who is the Jart team manager? I don't know who this dude is but not to turn him pro when he can make money in pro contests is a dick move.

And its not like Jart is worth a shit and has a reputation to uphold. I don't know who this dude is, but if he can win pro contests and make pro contest money, it is a super dick move not to upgrade his status.

Same goes all to everyone who sponsors this guy.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

disgruntledMTAEmployee

• Rep: -476
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2023, 04:17:54 PM »
somebody got absolutely bodied in best trick, at 8:30 left on the clock

2/3rds of skaters dont even get to try anything after rolling up because so many people are just barging. they really need to change the format up to reduce traffic somehow before a collision/flying board turns a kid into a vegetable

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2023, 04:36:19 PM »

2/3rds of skaters dont even get to try anything after rolling up because so many people are just barging. they really need to change the format up to reduce traffic somehow before a collision/flying board turns a kid into a vegetable

I feel like I'm watching convenience store CCTV from this angle or playing Lemmings skateboard edition.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2023, 05:23:38 PM »
Yo best trick absolutely sucked. Do not waste your time like I just did. Not a single trick worth mentioning. 99% bs feeble something out

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2023, 06:35:33 PM »
Who is the Jart team manager? I don't know who this dude is but not to turn him pro when he can make money in pro contests is a dick move.

And its not like Jart is worth a shit and has a reputation to uphold. I don't know who this dude is, but if he can win pro contests and make pro contest money, it is a super dick move not to upgrade his status.

Same goes all to everyone who sponsors this guy.

That’s what I was curious about. Does he have a contract with them? Do his parents or himself really like the company? Is Jart paying him tons to stay? I feel like he could def shop around and get a better board sponsor and go pro. But at the same time I’m sure he’d get a lot of “how’s he pro he doesn’t have any parts, just another contest clone” etc. I don’t enjoy his skating much at all but can’t deny his skills and marketability.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2023, 07:15:47 PM »

kristion jordan's style got way better.

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 533
    • swarm life avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2023, 07:18:23 PM »

that was one hell of a slam.

exact timestamp: https://www.youtube.com/live/j0ujWPal-TE?feature=shared&t=19815

this year's best trick, prior to the decision to have people skate in one direction at a time, reminded me of this:

gumsole

• Rep: 22
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2023, 08:02:24 PM »
I watched till around jam 26 or so and the only guys I had any knowledge of was Bryan Dwyer and Jake Yanko (who in my opinion) had the best run.

As cringe as Manny can be a lot of times I do appreciate the crowd control he held on the mic. With a contest like this it is needed heavily.

Edit: Crazy to think out of 100 skaters only 45 were from the states with only a few out of California and most being from Florida. The best trick was so dumb. Are TMs not there telling their riders that whatever dumb feeble to 5050 pop shuv isn’t gonna beat something that’s already landed? This is where tampa has become soft. The people holding mics need to speak up and state facts. Make room before someone’s head gets taken off.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 08:56:27 PM by gumsole »

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 107
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2023, 09:42:10 PM »
AM skill level relative to pro seems to have regressed since Tampa Am back in the day

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2023, 10:01:20 PM »
AM skill level relative to pro seems to have regressed since Tampa Am back in the day

It’s called the all inclusive law of current skate science.

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 533
    • swarm life avatar image
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2023, 08:20:48 AM »
Wacson Mass has got pop.

source: instagram.com/p/CyUNHFkuw2L/

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 875
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2023, 08:48:17 AM »
Wacson Mass has got pop.

source: instagram.com/p/CyUNHFkuw2L/
Pretty sure he's skating those plastic blondey shoes. If there was ever a test to see how sweaty they could possibly get the Tampa comp would have to be it

Suangi

• Rep: 9
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2023, 11:26:59 AM »
Feel like the some of the Japanese guys might have a slight advantage if they cannot understand the inane commentary

OneMore

• Rep: -3
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2023, 11:45:09 AM »
These kids ain't got no swag!

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 745
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2023, 11:52:02 AM »
Ginwoo never turns frontside.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2023, 12:17:32 PM »
You mean Tampa Bam

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2023, 12:25:34 PM »
You mean Tampa Bam

Seeing Joey B, Lutzka, and Bam in that montage they replay is something special for sure...

disgruntledMTAEmployee

• Rep: -476
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2023, 12:46:33 PM »
toa's nollie barley was fucked

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 492
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2023, 12:58:21 PM »
Maybe it’s just cause I rolled my ankle a couple hours ago but this is just so tedious and mind numbing. I think I’m just getting to that age where skateboarders are just so damn good that I don’t care any more

Also ginwoo’s socks look like casts, like he’s broken both his feet
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Suangi

• Rep: 9
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2023, 01:25:26 PM »
Can't believe that dutch guy is 13. He's like Jack

fernando the skater

• Rep: 126
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2023, 01:43:53 PM »
Aimu rolls deep