Author Topic: Sean Pablo of FA?  (Read 64822 times)

Stab n Kill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Re: Sean Pablo of FA?
« Reply #330 on: January 25, 2024, 06:57:18 PM »
If you’d like to become a good writer someday, I’d suggest using less $5 words to convey a simple statement

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #331 on: January 26, 2024, 06:08:20 AM »
Good writing is economical, Sean.

SATIVA HYBRID

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #332 on: January 26, 2024, 08:02:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
After years of idea and speech suppression it seems time to advocate for a higher entropy submanifold of allowed opinions, disorder escalation, an archetypal fan-out. Punk (not the market-driven simulacrums that followed) was a miraculous and needed entropic opening almost instantly neutered by neo-liberalism, which structurally and necessarily drives conformity.

Maybe at this point we’re sterile, boring and trapped and don’t realize it and should be looking for new ways out. The current AI aesthetic needs to evolve before it becomes interesting, it will. But the culture desperately needs more agents of chaos not less imo.
[close]

Why do you talk this way?
[close]

That’s funny, I didn’t quite realize my writing comes off as strange and stilted (never really write publicly) but reading it back yeah I see what you mean, think I might be a little on the spectrum. To be fully transparent with my method: I write and rewrite trying to be succinct and persuasive and so try to distill as much information into the smallest space as possible (big fan of how good poetry does this seemingly magically). So perhaps unconventional word choices that pack a lot of meaning are attractive to me. Not willfully trying to use arcane language for the sake of it, just like words that are conceptually dense and richly expressive. But ya I need to find a less annoying way to do it.

Thanks for the feedback, I’d actually like to become a good writer someday.

don't let alcoholics on the internet bully you out of speaking articulately
only hoe i love is popeyes
i put my dick in the drumstick

manysnakes

« Reply #333 on: January 26, 2024, 08:03:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
After years of idea and speech suppression it seems time to advocate for a higher entropy submanifold of allowed opinions, disorder escalation, an archetypal fan-out. Punk (not the market-driven simulacrums that followed) was a miraculous and needed entropic opening almost instantly neutered by neo-liberalism, which structurally and necessarily drives conformity.

Maybe at this point we’re sterile, boring and trapped and don’t realize it and should be looking for new ways out. The current AI aesthetic needs to evolve before it becomes interesting, it will. But the culture desperately needs more agents of chaos not less imo.
[close]

[close]

That’s funny, I didn’t quite realize my writing comes off as strange and stilted (never really write publicly) but reading it back yeah I see what you mean, think I might be a little on the spectrum. To be fully transparent with my method: I write and rewrite trying to be succinct and persuasive and so try to distill as much information into the smallest space as possible (big fan of how good poetry does this seemingly magically). So perhaps unconventional word choices that pack a lot of meaning are attractive to me. Not willfully trying to use arcane language for the sake of it, just like words that are conceptually dense and richly expressive. But ya I need to find a less annoying way to do it.

[close]

Verbosity does not equate to articulation.

SATIVA HYBRID

« Reply #334 on: January 26, 2024, 08:05:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

he wrote like 300 words and it was more fun to read than what you just said

manysnakes

« Reply #335 on: January 26, 2024, 08:14:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

he wrote like 300 words and it was more fun to read than what you just said

Damn dude, sorry my six-word sentence didn't move you like that guy's word salad.

insouciant

« Reply #336 on: January 26, 2024, 08:23:47 AM »
I wouldn’t say my writing is verbose (at least not in the sample above) I think it’s too dense and “clever” (inauthentic, tries too hard, comes off as pretentious). Need to find a way to articulate the brilliant insights I have in a simple way that doesn’t sacrifice epistemological significance. You guys have been a great inspiration, I’m learning a lot here.

beautifulcannolis

« Reply #337 on: January 26, 2024, 09:26:59 AM »
I wouldn’t say my writing is verbose (at least not in the sample above) I think it’s too dense and “clever” (inauthentic, tries too hard, comes off as pretentious). Need to find a way to articulate the brilliant insights I have in a simple way that doesn’t sacrifice epistemological significance. You guys have been a great inspiration, I’m learning a lot here.

Are you just learning about the synonyms function on microsoft word? Your using "epistemological significance" to describe your insights on an internet skateboard forum. Shut the fuck up.

SATIVA HYBRID

« Reply #338 on: January 26, 2024, 09:30:44 AM »

i take it back you do need to chill out

insouciant

« Reply #339 on: January 26, 2024, 10:04:34 AM »
Ok, chilling, I think I’m starting to get the hang of this, dumbing-down is a skill i’ve been remiss to cultivate. it’s so counterintuitive but I get it now, the tough-love is working, I’ll fit right in in no time :)

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #340 on: January 26, 2024, 11:18:40 AM »
Ok, chilling, I think I’m starting to get the hang of this, dumbing-down is a skill i’ve been remiss to cultivate. it’s so counterintuitive but I get it now, the tough-love is working, I’ll fit right in in no time :)

Conforming to ceaseless social pressure, are we?
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 649
« Reply #341 on: January 26, 2024, 11:22:50 AM »
Ok let's drop the office hours writing critique and get back to the important topics, when does your next part drop Sean?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3388
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #342 on: January 26, 2024, 11:59:04 AM »
Anti-insouciant Consortium

Magnolia

• Rep: 465
  • She/They
« Reply #343 on: January 26, 2024, 12:46:15 PM »

It's a do not think tank
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

one-off

• Rep: 108
« Reply #344 on: January 26, 2024, 12:50:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i take it back you do need to chill out

eschew obfuscation

SATIVA HYBRID

« Reply #345 on: January 26, 2024, 02:41:01 PM »
Ok let's drop the office hours writing critique and get back to the important topics, when does your next part drop Sean?

it's after the credits in aggro dr1ft

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 789
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #346 on: January 26, 2024, 09:42:25 PM »
New Griptape brand from FA camp

nothing's been the since same

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
« Reply #347 on: January 26, 2024, 10:44:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's a do not think tank

I want a t shirt with this

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2275
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #348 on: January 27, 2024, 02:34:54 PM »
Been wanting to ask…
@insouciant : after that handbag photo shoot some while back, were you allowed to keep one or two of the bags as a “perk” & if so, which bag(s) did you hold onto?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 28
« Reply #349 on: February 05, 2024, 03:23:58 PM »
eli odom confirmed on edglrd

we knew this tho right?

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #350 on: February 05, 2024, 04:50:28 PM »

we knew this tho right?

who will alltimers promote if hes gone?

JohnDi

• Rep: -8
« Reply #351 on: February 05, 2024, 06:25:54 PM »
Expand Quote

we knew this tho right?

[close]
who will alltimers promote if hes gone?
they’ve been promoting a lot of Cole Bailey…

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 152
« Reply #352 on: February 05, 2024, 06:29:23 PM »

we knew this tho right?

Tragic

JohnDi

• Rep: -8
« Reply #353 on: February 05, 2024, 06:37:36 PM »
Expand Quote

we knew this tho right?

[close]

Tragic
He gets to skate with his good friend Rezza who’s also on the team and a nice paycheck on top of that you can’t hate on considering Alltimers wasn’t paying.

Tireeedd

• Rep: 86
« Reply #354 on: February 05, 2024, 06:58:36 PM »

one-off

• Rep: 108
« Reply #355 on: February 06, 2024, 04:16:08 PM »
pew—who lrd the edg?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 04:57:40 PM by one-off »

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #356 on: February 06, 2024, 04:27:57 PM »
I don't know what edglrd is and i don't care enough to ask

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
  • (formerly mex.ceferino)
« Reply #357 on: February 06, 2024, 06:19:14 PM »
I don't know what edglrd is and i don't care enough to ask
i think it's the new griptape brand by FA

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #358 on: February 26, 2024, 06:58:38 PM »
https://www.monsterchildren.com/articles/sean-pablo?fbclid=PAAabpY9jHhdk56UVhSB9Bly0dy2Lb1miM2_laO1yelxFu0ksxMeMcUiSYKcg_aem_AY7jM76UqUkFa3qg6M-c1wo0ZBRJcH79XXo7cqoc1olTGPnqA_NsLPJymnW-9wxxOSc

Swan said “it’s all love” with him and FA/Dill. But we remember the post and delete saying he didn’t get a farewell. Also he confirms Vincent on Edglrd.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 07:06:51 PM by Southernmost »

Shortys Hardware

• Rep: 113
« Reply #359 on: February 26, 2024, 07:06:46 PM »
Touzery confirmed on...cant wait to see his skating in....infra red