Author Topic: Alive For Now - Figgy web series trailer  (Read 9907 times)

The Big Dawg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
Re: Alive For Now - Figgy web series trailer
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2023, 01:23:23 AM »
Did The Fig not pay his taxes either? When will these pro skaters learn? I'm here for this series.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
  • HANNIBAL!!
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2023, 04:38:20 AM »
Hoping to see financial guru Mikey Taylor's universe merge with Figgy's.

alt dumb shit

• Rep: 4
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2023, 05:21:00 AM »
seems cool; i'll tune in. do you think he'll cover the fake allegations? seemed to really fuck up conor oberst mentally when it happened to him so would be interesting but maybe too touchy of a subject for a youtube series

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2023, 05:28:48 AM »
seems cool; i'll tune in. do you think he'll cover the fake allegations? seemed to really fuck up conor oberst mentally when it happened to him so would be interesting but maybe too touchy of a subject for a youtube series

Big fan of Conor’s but let’s not suggest he was the bastion of mental health and wellness prior to those allegations
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 354
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2023, 06:40:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Big fan of Conor’s but let’s not suggest he was the bastion of mental health and wellness prior to those allegations

or that he is now

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2023, 11:34:26 AM »
Like a gnarly Americana song

alt dumb shit

• Rep: 4
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2023, 01:07:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

or that he is now

i don't know who you think suggested that. dude has always seemed like a pile but does that mean someone can't be allowed to be negatively affected by something like that? i'm not saying it for some anti metoo cancel culture shit, it just seems like the most anxiety inducing thing i could imagine happening and im legit curious how he went about trying to clear his name after.

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2023, 01:26:57 PM »
that was pretty dark for the intro of a youtube series where someone is trying to entice you to subscribe and tune in. maybe the raw and real side of things is actually interesting in an age of youtube videos where the majority is fake cheery and gleeful? hope the dude is good either way. he's had a career of doing only heavy shit, i can only imagine his body has taken a toll.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2023, 01:54:49 PM »
Pro-skating: Like many jobs, it seeems to have been much better in the 80s and 90s.

Image and promotion used to be the job of the company a skater rode for, now the average dude is gonna be expected to vlog as well?

I don‘t like it. I want to live vicariously through my skate Idols. I want to think that they live an easy life of endless drugs, travelling and skating the best spots. I don‘t want them to “inspire or motivate“ me to do anything but work less and skate more. I don‘t want them to be a slaves of algorithms or their personal online communties. I am the one who  has to work and care about what other people think about me: don‘t be like me! I want to believe!

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 473
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2023, 02:11:49 AM »
Pro-skating: Like many jobs, it seeems to have been much better in the 80s and 90s.

Image and promotion used to be the job of the company a skater rode for, now the average dude is gonna be expected to vlog as well?

I don‘t like it. I want to live vicariously through my skate Idols. I want to think that they live an easy life of endless drugs, travelling and skating the best spots. I don‘t want them to “inspire or motivate“ me to do anything but work less and skate more. I don‘t want them to be a slaves of algorithms or their personal online communties. I am the one who  has to work and care about what other people think about me: don‘t be like me! I want to believe!

Amen.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2023, 05:34:15 AM »
seems fun

QixHexagon

• Rep: 34
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2023, 05:56:59 AM »
What was that at 00:31s? I mean, was it from a skate bail or not skate-related?

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 708
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2023, 06:57:32 AM »
he has come a long way since that happy, kinda clueless, carefree kid first time getting drunk we knew on emerica wild ride on the first season of epicly laterd. he used to always be smiling and the last few video parts seems like he always looks pissed.

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2023, 07:05:36 AM »
Yeah that was kinda dark and had a weird ominous vibe to it. Feels like he's got some bitterness towards the skate industry. Skaters really gotta learn to pay their taxes.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2023, 07:26:54 AM »

i totally back this statement

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2023, 08:44:31 AM »
I’ll never forget Burnett talking about in a thrasher how Figgy used to wear shoes 2 sizes too small because he thought his feet looked like clown shoes in photos.    Shit is crazy

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 227
  • often correct
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2023, 09:11:40 AM »
wonder how much of the pre-2008 recession golden era of the industry Figgy caught during his career and how that plays into his attitude towards skating as a career now

on one level, my initial reaction to this is "it seems like you got the career you were seemingly striving for, why are you complaining?" but obviously things have changed so much since he was on birdhouse and he had to deal with some of the wildest injuries imaginable, like that punctured lung, that i can understand why he's saying "what now?" after ten years of carcass tossing

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2023, 09:15:44 AM »
I’ll never forget Burnett talking about in a thrasher how Figgy used to wear shoes 2 sizes too small because he thought his feet looked like clown shoes in photos.    Shit is crazy
Wonder if he still does it. I did the same thing for years and my toes are absolutely fucked now and I wasn't even jumping off buildings for a job.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2023, 09:31:49 AM »
One of the greatest styles on a rail of all time, I think this could be a good veteran approach to keep yourself out there without having to kill yourself trying to one up your past parts

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -468
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2023, 09:33:12 AM »
wonder how much of the pre-2008 recession golden era of the industry Figgy caught during his career and how that plays into his attitude towards skating as a career now

on one level, my initial reaction to this is "it seems like you got the career you were seemingly striving for, why are you complaining?" but obviously things have changed so much since he was on birdhouse and he had to deal with some of the wildest injuries imaginable, like that punctured lung, that i can understand why he's saying "what now?" after ten years of carcass tossing
he came up in 2007-2009 I feel like, so probably didn’t get much of the glory days. Also not sure what his situation or background is financially but I thought most of the shep dawgs/adjacent crew came from fairly well off socal families.

I’d definitely scope this series out. I feel like Figgy got robbed of SOTY at least once. He’s truly impressive in person. He was at Woodward west right before he blew up and during the contest for campers he tried kickflipping the 12 to start his run, it only half flipped, he got up and 360 flipped it first try, landing like 8 feet out past the bottom steps and then strung together an absurd amount of really hard tricks

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2023, 09:35:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Wonder if he still does it. I did the same thing for years and my toes are absolutely fucked now and I wasn't even jumping off buildings for a job.

lol I did this in High school for the same self conscious bull shit, had to get surgery for an ingrown big toe toenail from doing it...stopped doing that soon after

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2023, 10:36:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

lol I did this in High school for the same self conscious bull shit, had to get surgery for an ingrown big toe toenail from doing it...stopped doing that soon after

Jesus I can’t even imagine.   Half size too small and I’m annoyed

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
  • (formerly mex.ceferino)
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2023, 11:17:27 AM »
he has come a long way since that happy, kinda clueless, carefree kid first time getting drunk we knew on emerica wild ride on the first season of epicly laterd. he used to always be smiling and the last few video parts seems like he always looks pissed.
I've had this exact same thought for a while as well, I think I maybe shared it around here in the past.
Hope Foggy's doing well and saving the smiles when a camera is not pointing at him.

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

S.

• SLAP Pal
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2023, 12:52:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I did it because I liked it when my shoes almost felt like socks. I thought it improved my flip and board feel. I am paying for that now. I dislocated my big toe while skating in the summer and last year I had to get physical therapy for my other big toe because of inflammation and malposition of my toes. My physical therapist told me that I was by far the youngest person he has ever treated for this condition. His usual patients are in their eighties.
I have to wear medical insoles now and wear extra wide skate shoes about one size larger than I used to. It helps.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 01:13:15 PM by S. »

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2023, 12:55:34 PM »
Aaron "jaws" homoki could adopt this format too.  remember when he knee'd himself in the face for KOTR as a mystery guest?  remember how most if not all of his roof tricks go like:

nobody:
Aaron "jaws" homoki: "im going to take this 14+ ft drop"

what do you think?  leave your comments below.

S.

• SLAP Pal
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2023, 01:17:44 PM »
Aaron "jaws" homoki could adopt this format too.  remember when he knee'd himself in the face for KOTR as a mystery guest?  remember how most if not all of his roof tricks go like:

nobody:

Jaws has been vlogging for years. Some of his greatest hits:

https://youtu.be/cNAdzPL7CRg?si=dmXLh4NYSFT9tnY7

https://youtu.be/xxtB4gO6oM8?si=0CDJivbnPS0UOsuE

https://youtu.be/XbEtKKFY064?si=By0TPffbEDmBFIb6

lickcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
  • breathcakes
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2023, 03:08:40 PM »
Expand Quote

nobody:

[close]

Jaws has been vlogging for years. Some of his greatest hits:

https://youtu.be/cNAdzPL7CRg?si=dmXLh4NYSFT9tnY7

https://youtu.be/xxtB4gO6oM8?si=0CDJivbnPS0UOsuE

https://youtu.be/XbEtKKFY064?si=By0TPffbEDmBFIb6

nothing to do with this, just wanna ask about your signature, S. ? dunno who these people are, but i feel like i should?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2023, 03:13:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I've had this exact same thought for a while as well, I think I maybe shared it around here in the past.
Hope Foggy's doing well and saving the smiles when a camera is not pointing at him.
He lived in my city for a year or so (Austin) and can confirm he still jokes around and smiles at the skatepark.  8)

Wienerboy

• Rep: -105
  • Hey you're really cool and definitely not a kook
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2023, 04:25:42 PM »
Yeah but hasn't he been in San Antonio for at least a year? I was wondering if his mental state seems darker these days because he also lost the girl he was dating or something.
If my rep is ever an even number, please kindly throw me either a kook or a gnar in order to return me to my odd number equilibrium.