Author Topic: jake brown just ate utter and complete shit  (Read 10313 times)

Home Skillet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: jake brown just ate utter and complete shit
« Reply #150 on: August 07, 2007, 06:13:46 AM »
man... I just saw footy of Owen Harts fall and had to stop the video. That really sucked.

Was he brett Hart's brother? If so that family is cursed.
Yes he was Brett's brother.  Owen fell 80 ft though if I can remember correctly.  I thought they never released video of the actual fall. 

Mad Max

« Reply #151 on: August 07, 2007, 06:23:14 AM »
there's footy on the tube that looks pretty real.

The again, I watched the fall once and hit X

Dude hit the top buckle...

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 376
« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2007, 07:20:16 AM »
I didn't watch this, but was this whole event live? Or was there a time delay?

Jsoy's Owen Hart reference was dead on. What if Jake was dead, and all those replays right after the fall was repeating his death. Owen Hart got smoked and they instantly cut off the cameras before the time delay. Jake's fall makes me wonder.

They didn't actually show any replays on the live telecast until after Jake got up and walked away...they cut to long a commercial break, and when they came back he was just getting up.  then they played the replays.

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #153 on: August 07, 2007, 07:28:26 AM »
Did the actual fall make it to air, though?

Whether they played it once, or replayed it six hundred times, if Jake died, it would have gone on Youtube.

schweet

• Rep: 16
« Reply #154 on: August 07, 2007, 10:47:41 PM »
Better version of the fall
[youtube=425,350]6H6_DPyHy0c[/youtube]

four eyes

• Rep: -2
« Reply #155 on: August 07, 2007, 11:38:38 PM »
Here's a press release that went out today that completely ignores the Jake Brown mishap or that fact that he could've should've won.

Bob Burnquist Wins X Games Gold

Los Angeles, California – August 7, 2007 – Bob Burnquist wins X Games Gold at X Games 13 in the Skate Big Air competition. 

Practice makes perfect.  After going through the laborious process of recreating the X Games mega ramp in his backyard, Burnquist was able to practice on the behemoth in the months leading up to the Games.  The ever courteous Burnquist even invited over his fellow competitors so that they could practice and help push each other to create new tricks.  Apparently, the practice paid off as Bob was rewarded for all his hard work with the Gold Medal at X Games 13.  Sitting in second place going into his final run, Burnquist needed something big to put him back in first.  Never one to shy away from a challenge, Bob threw down a monstrous final run, dropping in switch Bob landed a super stylish 180 no-handed backside ollie over the 70-foot gap followed by a double-overhead rodeo front-side 540 on the quarter pipe.  Staples Center erupted as Bob nailed his final run and sailed into first place and the Gold Medal.  “I was so relieved that all the hard work and practice over the last couple months paid off, it was truly an honor to win Gold especially given the level of competition” remarked Burnquist after the event.  Bob skates next at the AST Dew Tour on August 19 in Portland, Oregon. 

monster network

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #156 on: August 08, 2007, 01:32:20 AM »
can someone use the goldeneye satellite to laser off bob's antihero back tattoo?

Dirk Wiggler

• Rep: 3
« Reply #157 on: August 08, 2007, 06:03:04 AM »
I live on the 6th storey of my apartment building. The height he fell is roughly equivalent to leaping off my balcony. That's no joke. A friend of mine fell of a balcony on the 4th floor at a party and the dude will never be quite the same again... Jake Brown is either incredibly lucky, incredibly badass or both.

Home Skillet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
« Reply #158 on: August 08, 2007, 08:21:39 AM »
No wai!  A no handed ollie?!  Bob Burnbridge is my hero!!

hatehatehatehate

« Reply #159 on: August 08, 2007, 04:20:12 PM »
I live on the 6th storey of my apartment building. The height he fell is roughly equivalent to leaping off my balcony. That's no joke. A friend of mine fell of a balcony on the 4th floor at a party and the dude will never be quite the same again... Jake Brown is either incredibly lucky, incredibly badass or both.

i heard your friend got thrown off for giving Marcellus Wallace's wife a foot massage. it fucked up the way a nigga talked.

jrock

« Reply #160 on: August 08, 2007, 05:43:22 PM »
i really hate the phrase "x games gold".  I feel dirty every time i hear it

bornindabay

« Reply #161 on: August 08, 2007, 06:02:38 PM »
Here's a press release that went out today that completely ignores the Jake Brown mishap or that fact that he could've should've won.

Bob Burnquist Wins X Games Gold

Los Angeles, California – August 7, 2007 – Bob Burnquist wins X Games Gold at X Games 13 in the Skate Big Air competition. 

Practice makes perfect.  After going through the laborious process of recreating the X Games mega ramp in his backyard, Burnquist was able to practice on the behemoth in the months leading up to the Games.  The ever courteous Burnquist even invited over his fellow competitors so that they could practice and help push each other to create new tricks.  Apparently, the practice paid off as Bob was rewarded for all his hard work with the Gold Medal at X Games 13.  Sitting in second place going into his final run, Burnquist needed something big to put him back in first.  Never one to shy away from a challenge, Bob threw down a monstrous final run, dropping in switch Bob landed a super stylish 180 no-handed backside ollie over the 70-foot gap followed by a double-overhead rodeo front-side 540 on the quarter pipe.  Staples Center erupted as Bob nailed his final run and sailed into first place and the Gold Medal.  “I was so relieved that all the hard work and practice over the last couple months paid off, it was truly an honor to win Gold especially given the level of competition” remarked Burnquist after the event.  Bob skates next at the AST Dew Tour on August 19 in Portland, Oregon. 

No handed backside ollie? Is this some new trick I never heard about?

That's kind of corny for Bob to build that in his backyard but hey... vert skating videoparts aren't really in high demand and these guys gotta milk it for what it's worth before the circus goes away. This is how good vert dudes make their bread. I don't blame him no matter how corny it appears.

jrock

« Reply #162 on: August 08, 2007, 06:48:49 PM »
was just flipping channels and saw jake getting interviewed by Larry King

hero

• Rep: -1
« Reply #163 on: August 08, 2007, 07:27:51 PM »
^^^^
yeah just saw that too..Larry asked some dumb questions, but hey i guess he's getting old in years. Also had some dudes that surrived crazy car crashes

tuckknee

• Rep: 0
« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2007, 10:50:34 AM »
has anyone seen this? someone on ytmnd made this

http://jakebrownnba.ytmnd.com/