Author Topic: jake brown just ate utter and complete shit  (Read 10236 times)

clarkie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 23
    • Real Skate avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: jake brown just ate utter and complete shit
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2007, 01:38:12 PM »
wouldnt be surprised if ESPN never holds that event again...   can you imagine what was going through their executives' minds at that moment?

I was thinking the same thing keeping in mind the X-Games is just a highly staged television show. I just heard after last year's best trick the TV world watching Shawn White unsuccessfully try 20 times for the 1080 or whatever didn't make for good television viewing in their minds. So this year, they are taking out best trick.

And so much for helmets huh?

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2007, 01:40:33 PM »
Expand Quote
wouldnt be surprised if ESPN never holds that event again...   can you imagine what was going through their executives' minds at that moment?
[close]

I was thinking the same thing keeping in mind the X-Games is just a highly staged television show. I just heard after last year's best trick the TV world watching Shawn White unsuccessfully try 20 times for the 1080 or whatever didn't make for good television viewing in their minds. So this year, they are taking out best trick.

And so much for helmets huh?

chuh, he would HAVE been hurt if he wasn't wearing it.

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2007, 01:50:45 PM »
I cant stop watching it.

aguywhoskates

• Rep: -13
« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2007, 01:54:11 PM »
im going to the best trick street today cuz my boss at active gave me tickets. kinda stoked.

HenryChinaski

• Rep: 28
« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2007, 02:07:12 PM »
It says on the Blind site that “Jake is being treated for internal lacerations to his liver and lungs and will be there (in the hospital) until further notice.” I can not believe that he did not break any bones. The 720 he did was amazing, it is a shame he didn’t even remember pulling it. Get well soon Jake!
"You don't know what I'm all about like killing cops and reading Kerouac."

E.l.G

« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2007, 04:00:31 PM »
Man fuck Bob Burnquist so much.

hargo

• Rep: -50
« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2007, 04:02:02 PM »
bob burnquist looked really lame after that event. the whole walking backwards next to brown looked really insincere. he obviously cared way more about getting the gold then how jake was doing.
“I just hate anything that can be defined as more spectacle than sport,” he said. “Just like any other athlete, it takes a certain skill to do our sport.”- shawn white

ciaran

• Rep: 22
« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2007, 04:21:24 PM »
Too true.

he should have won, and Bob should have bowed down and let him take first, his run's we sick, and well that slam and walkign away let alone should be a number one in anyones books

Although the vast majority of skaters don't give a flying fuck about contests - aside from those making bank off them - that would have been the intelligent/noble thing to do.  Skating's not about winning.

ciaran

• Rep: 22
« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2007, 04:25:18 PM »
One other thing.   Adidas.

Flow???   They must be kicking themselves.

bothersome

« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2007, 04:37:08 PM »
I had 4 random homie/thug dudes roll into the shop today who knew who jake brown was now.
instant dyrdek status.

what the

« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2007, 04:56:38 PM »
jakey is by far one of my best friends out there to see this made me tear up ,i cant and will not ever understand the mega ramp,bob,you piece of shit,thats your boy out there falling  falling falling ,bob has the worst style too,jake mate  your a champ,thank god we didnt lose another great skater,love ya jakey

magnet

• Rep: 2
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2007, 05:06:02 PM »
Regarding the update on the Blind site since when did ollies have to specified that they are no handed?  But then again they might have been distressed or in a rush considering the typos up there too.

Craziest fall ever.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery and future redemption destroying the X Games lames.

bornindabay

« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2007, 06:24:09 PM »
Such a cool dude. I hope he gets well soon.

When I saw the fall I thought he may have spun him self backwards on purpose so he wouldn't bust his knees cause he'd have a better chance at cushioning the blow. I was concerned about his neck and whiplash, but couldn't really see exactly how he fell.

I think just seeing that set up just makes me think how gay shit is. Is this what skating is about? Killling ourselves for someone elses pleasure... most likely someone that doesn't skate. This is what happens when corpos barge in More like a circus than skating. Do your bid and don't support these suit and tie investors. They don't give two licks about skating and have always shown that they'll be gone when skating isn't as popular. Doesn't that mean anything to anyone?

hargo

« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2007, 06:50:11 PM »

When I saw the fall I thought he may have spun him self backwards on purpose so he wouldn't bust his knees cause he'd have a better chance at cushioning the blow. I was concerned about his neck and whiplash, but couldn't really see exactly how he fell.

I think just seeing that set up just makes me think how gay shit is. Is this what skating is about? Killling ourselves for someone elses pleasure... most likely someone that doesn't skate. This is what happens when corpos barge in More like a circus than skating. Do your bid and don't support these suit and tie investors. They don't give two licks about skating and have always shown that they'll be gone when skating isn't as popular. Doesn't that mean anything to anyone?

i think these guys are just adrenaline junkies, i can respect it way more than guys doing lame basic shit on 20 stair rails.
“I just hate anything that can be defined as more spectacle than sport,” he said. “Just like any other athlete, it takes a certain skill to do our sport.”- shawn white

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 616
« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2007, 06:55:31 PM »
goddamn he seriously got blasted

clarkie

• Rep: 23
    • Real Skate avatar image
« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2007, 07:28:53 PM »
Those vert dudes bitched and whined to ESPN for years, forming unions, now it's PRO Union or whatever. They wanted to get paid, they wanted health plans, threatened to strike, etc. I wouldn't be surprised since they are still X-jocks they must be under contracts. It's not a contest, it's invitational. I went to one and they didn't want any empty seats in view of the cameras, so if you left the grandstand, they filled your seat and you couldn't get back in, you had to stand in line to be another "filler." They have their "cheerleaders" telling the crowds when to yell, clap, etc. they get the crowds going, tape it when nothing is going on then edit it in later. I wouldn't be surprised if it's in their contracta that no matter how badly you get hurt, you have to get up and walk away haahhaah. Jake should have been put on a stretcher, those people didn't have any way to know how badly he was hurt. That was irresponsible.

FuckNameLock

• Rep: 3
  • OG Bdotkilla za Thrilla
« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2007, 07:56:47 PM »
This is a story of Flip and there teams problems...

There once was a team named Flip Skateboards.. who used to have a sick as fuck team.
Now although they still do, ill give them there due, but shit just went sour its true.

Out chalmers, out bastien, in Gonzales, in Cross,
Although they gained big, it was unfortunat loss.

then all of a sudden, shit just went sour
and in came the toddlers, in and out by the hour.

i cant even recall, most of there names.
there still in preschool, its quite a damn shame.

a great team named the firm, folded and fell
flip snatched them up quick, like a bat out of hell

known for there mistakes, flip now had one giant flaw
the extremist named bob,  whod everyone had saw (?!?!)

hed jumped down the canyon, and unfortunatly for us
survived the long fall, with a parachute no less

now bob is win win win, thats a known fact.
but shit went to far this time, this anal nut sack

there was a man named jake brown,
not a man, more like a machine.
he fell out of the sky
destroying himself like in dream.

bob said some dumb shit, not concerned for jakes health
and went balls out for gold, actually won it himself

good job xgames!
for fuckin that one up
jake brown was the real hero
for being able to get up

the moral of this little story
fuck bob and his medal
that shits as fake as he is
.... the end

yeah that got pretty shitty, but how this dude is on flip is beyond me, they dont put up with this shit.

sebastian toombs

« Reply #107 on: August 03, 2007, 08:05:58 PM »
id heard america just got a new poet laureate...   right on!

FuckNameLock

« Reply #108 on: August 03, 2007, 08:14:46 PM »
im a canuck, but you know the deal  :P

sebastian toombs

« Reply #109 on: August 03, 2007, 08:17:05 PM »
ive watched some of the youtube stuff...   and dont want to see it again, but would like to say:

Man fuck Bob Burnquist so much.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #110 on: August 03, 2007, 08:18:32 PM »
I'm a fan of what Bob's been able to do on a skateboard, but I personally couldn't have dropped in after Jake's run... but I'm not really competitive so I can't relate. To me it looked like a dickish thing to do, which I hate saying because I never imagined Bob being a dickish dude. I dunno.

As for Jake... I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. Dude's amazing as all fuck.

daboss

• Rep: -56
  • ollies r teh fun
    • olliemag avatar image
« Reply #111 on: August 03, 2007, 08:28:54 PM »
Did you guys ever think that bob was doing his run in honor of jake and maybe when they get back to san diego bob will give him the check for his doctor bills? You don't know bob so don't start talking shit. Just because he did his run doesnt mean he doesnt respect jake.

FuckNameLock

« Reply #112 on: August 03, 2007, 08:40:46 PM »
were more or less talking about what happend after he had won,if he would have been respectable and maybe waved to the crowed, whatever you know, but the dude almost started to cry, fuck that dude.

Lumpy Oatmeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • only the classics
« Reply #113 on: August 03, 2007, 08:42:22 PM »
rofl at that poem
and yall dont need to be worryin about my rep, if yall really need to know, its cause no other rapper on here gully enough to do the dirt dolo i done
[quote author=drunk link=topic=46570.msg125

Home Skillet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
« Reply #114 on: August 03, 2007, 10:12:03 PM »
Did you guys ever think that bob was doing his run in honor of jake and maybe when they get back to san diego bob will give him the check for his doctor bills? You don't know bob so don't start talking shit. Just because he did his run doesnt mean he doesnt respect jake.
He wanted to take another run due to the motorcycles being too loud.  Not for any honor bullshit.  I used to respect Bob a whole lot, not anymore.  If it weren't for Jake slamming so hard from 40+ ft up, I wouldn't have watched any clip of the xgames.  Fuck Xgames, and Fuck Bob.  This is a circus act now.   

Hard To Explain

• Rep: 6
  • you feelin it
« Reply #115 on: August 03, 2007, 10:13:14 PM »

Email Bob and ask him... better yet, email Flip to make sure this all actually happened.
You must be new to the Skateboard game.  This is real industry talk.  "It's all about who you know".  And that's real.  So, I know a few people that can make it happen.

yep yep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #116 on: August 04, 2007, 12:13:29 AM »
I'm so glad jake was able to get up from that slam, it was the scariest thng that I have ever seen in my life, I saw tears coming from a lot of peoples eyes. Also I cant believe that after Bob saw his friend go doown like that, that he was still mentally able to drop in and not be scared for his life. I think its weird that he took another run, but I think any of those MegaRamp dudes would have done the same thing, even Jake. Bob is a cool dude and I'm sure Jake would have wanted him to take his run, even though he ended up beating him with it. At the end of the contest I still think jake should of won, his line with the bs 360 and huge 540 was amazing not to mention his 720... The X Games is a circus act, but that circus act probably gets you paid a couple six figure contracts if you get gold, so of course Bob is going to want to win... But damn thank god Jake was able to get up from that.

hargo

« Reply #117 on: August 04, 2007, 12:58:31 AM »

no.

E.l.G

« Reply #118 on: August 04, 2007, 02:05:48 AM »

I like how you took one assumption and contradicted it with another that's about a hundred times less likely.

PATruth

• Rep: 0
« Reply #119 on: August 04, 2007, 03:59:53 AM »

I gotta agree with you on this one Henry. I hate skateboarding on tv. This shits for me,not the 50 kooks that will ask "Did you see that guy fall on the Xgames?" Fkn circus shit.

Oh and Bob....I fucked your ex stripper wife.