Author Topic: Your first skateboard  (Read 74386 times)

Blueabyssofthisss

Re: Your first skateboard
« Reply #360 on: August 28, 2021, 07:33:05 AM »

Was a different brand but looked very similar to this.

versacekid420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #361 on: August 28, 2021, 07:35:29 AM »
i have 3 boards that i’ve considered my “first.” the first skateboard i got that was actually mine was a flaming skull board from target that my friend devin had that i thought was so cool. i was so infatuated by it that before i got it, i would draw it all over my school work in 2nd grade. then my first real skateboard was a shop deck from the skateshop (park) that i ended up growing up at and learned everything from and is the reason i live where i live now. then my first pro deck was the jamie thomas graveyard board with crosses all over it. wish i could find a picture of it

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0605/3649/products/610_008_0637_1024x1024.jpg?v=1479771169 i found it

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 882
« Reply #362 on: August 28, 2021, 08:37:54 AM »
First board was from Kmart green football shape with the three monkey see no evil hear no evil speak no evil but the two monkeys on the sides had their fingers in the centre monkeys ears. The grip tape went completely smooth then peeled off in about two weeks.

Then my first good board was an 8.25 shuvit with 7.5 tensor lows (the ones with the plastic bumper bars) and 59mm wheels. A ridiculous setup in 2000

Then first goog good board was the blue habitat wenning BW with destructos kristian svitak 56mm Accel wheels and Reese Forbes bearings that were crazy fast but fell apart the second time I skated it.

I rode all three setups until both nose and tail were less than an inch long and the wheels were barely bigger than bearings. Embarrassingly I wasn't a little kid riding completely wrecked setups I would of been 14-18

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #363 on: August 28, 2021, 08:43:38 AM »
Variflex

First real board Clause Grabke with the exploding clock probably tracker trucks and slime balls
Neon pink and green grip tape that was super coarse cut it into lots is smaller interlocking pieces.
Still remember how stoked I was doing my first Ollie on it

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

ohcomeon

• Rep: -3
« Reply #364 on: August 28, 2021, 09:02:03 AM »
Oh wow, The Batman board,
I am pretty sure i had the same board, same year.
I remember a really good trip to toys-r-us.

The first pro model i had was the setup the son of my fairy godmother had.
She gave it to me after he died in a motorbike accident.

It was a Reese Simpson Schmitt Stix deck a Tracker and a Gullwing, and Slimeballs.

The first newschool deck i had was a Platinum, cant remember the rest of the setup, prob. Indys 
and close to 60mm wheels.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #365 on: August 28, 2021, 09:26:58 AM »
World industries mini flame boy complete with world trucks and wheels. I just recently got it back. My neighbor found it at his parent's house. Believe we spray-painted the graphic..

Welpok

• Rep: 14
« Reply #366 on: August 28, 2021, 11:14:41 AM »
Had a spiderman skateboard from Walmart. It sat in the closet for months, but I felt bad that my mom doesn't money on it after my brother and I begged her to buy it. The rest of history from there.
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 287
« Reply #367 on: August 28, 2021, 11:53:06 AM »
first was some shit xgames brand one from walmart.

first real complete was a blink ronnie creager golfer deck with ventures and spitfires. got it set up at the shop and i'm fairly certain it was done by tom asta weirdly enough

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #368 on: August 28, 2021, 11:54:36 AM »
Mine was a piece of wood with roller skate wheels screwed on that my dad made, then a big plastic thing from Toys r us or somewhere that said “The Wall” on it. This is like 1989/90 ish. My first real board was a Powell peralta deck in 90/91 with a Mike McGill graphic or something on it. I can’t remember which guy/graphic exactly but I remember being pissed because I got the wrong size (it was longer than most decks, maybe 33’ long) and it was hard to learn trucks on.

Edit: holy shit, I think I found it
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 03:05:32 PM by Sundaynuggets »

Robby

• Rep: 15
« Reply #369 on: August 28, 2021, 12:05:54 PM »

My family had one of these, so that was the first board I had to mess around on. It used to splinter so bad. The first board of my own was some DBZ one with Goku on it from Toys R Us. I got that ASAP after playing the THPS demo on that disk from Pizza Hut. First legit board was an Element deck with orange and yellow spitfire wheels and tensor trucks with the orange slide plates. I think I had multi color bolts, called Fruit Loops or something?

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -138
« Reply #370 on: August 28, 2021, 02:02:54 PM »
green santa cruz flame dot logo with power ply, silver venture lows with purple bushings, lucky bearings, and think wheels probably 52. weird ass combo from the late 90's. I eventually put flame grip on it and skated it into the ground. great times
big texas cummer

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #371 on: August 28, 2021, 02:22:37 PM »

My family had one of these, so that was the first board I had to mess around on. It used to splinter so bad. The first board of my own was some DBZ one with Goku on it from Toys R Us. I got that ASAP after playing the THPS demo on that disk from Pizza Hut. First legit board was an Element deck with orange and yellow spitfire wheels and tensor trucks with the orange slide plates. I think I had multi color bolts, called Fruit Loops or something?

Holy fucking shit! That was mine as well. Forgot about the 'Flyin Brian' part (memories are flooding back).

I was gonna say it was all blue with hard plasticy blue wheels and had some kind of a monster guy as a top graphic. No grip, just bumpy wood grain and trucks that didn't really turn.

I remember getting frustrated that I couldn't ollie, not realizing that it would have been nearly impossible. I also remember the moment when my brothers friend explained that you could loosen the trucks to turn with only a lean. I was beyond hyped, despite the fact that it still didn't work that well on that board. Honestly, it massively hampered my progress now that I think about it, but whatever.

Crazy.

Snappyfingers

• Rep: 47
  • AW YEAH
« Reply #372 on: August 28, 2021, 03:59:54 PM »
rip instagram pictures
I was so stoked when my mom got me this. I had this same blue color, clear grip, Tracker Sixtracks and some Bones wheels. I can’t remember which wheels exactly unfortunately.
I thought I was hot shit.
AW YEAH

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #373 on: August 28, 2021, 04:13:55 PM »
First complete was an Element Bam 7.75, a classic. Eventually upgraded the trucks, deck and wheels from the sale bin at a surf shop - Industrial trucks (Indy knockoff that honestly I never had an issue with) and a twisted 7.5 Almost deck. The wheels I wish I could find again, they were just cheap Alien workshop wheels but I remember them feeling very similar to Spitfires. Rode those til they were bearing covers.

texasplant

« Reply #374 on: August 28, 2021, 04:14:29 PM »
First complete was an Element Bam 7.75, a classic. Eventually upgraded the trucks, deck and wheels from the sale bin at a surf shop - Industrial trucks (Indy knockoff that honestly I never had an issue with) and a twisted 7.5 Almost deck. The wheels I wish I could find again, they were just cheap Alien workshop wheels but I remember them feeling very similar to Spitfires. Rode those til they were bearing covers.

texasplant

« Reply #375 on: August 28, 2021, 04:15:39 PM »

texasplant

« Reply #376 on: August 28, 2021, 04:16:55 PM »

texasplant

« Reply #377 on: August 28, 2021, 04:16:12 PM »

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #378 on: August 28, 2021, 07:30:40 PM »

With orion trucks black magic grip Powell halos bearings and i forget the wheels
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 04:17:03 AM by Hyliannightmare »

doublesteveburger

« Reply #379 on: August 28, 2021, 09:27:53 PM »
Zorlac or Status, but the first real skateboard I ever got on my own was a HUF silhouette graphic from a warped bin at Bills Wheels. It’s also the first time I ever saw someone stoned. He was sitting on a chair made of decks.

It was an eventful day.

spanyard

• Rep: 77
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #380 on: August 28, 2021, 09:56:46 PM »
My brothers' hand me down yellow plastic banana boogie.
First store bought: Variflex Jack the Ripper
First shop bought: Powell Welinder Street w/ Boneite

Cult Follower

• Rep: 3
  • front salad back salad front blunt
« Reply #381 on: August 29, 2021, 01:58:40 AM »
don't remember my first board (one of them was probably a Termite) but I definitely remember one of my first boards to get destroyed—a Think tag logo deck (maybe it had flames?) that got focused by my mom's car in our driveway.
He was sitting on a chair made of decks.
oh wow this brought back memories of the chair-made-of-decks that was at my local indoor spot (Eisenbergs RIP)

The_9

• Rep: 22
« Reply #382 on: August 29, 2021, 03:27:42 AM »
First proper board was Zorlac Abrooks Ghoul, Indys and Slimeballs

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #383 on: August 29, 2021, 05:09:13 AM »
what was everyones 2nd proper bloard after really getting into it and skating the 1st to the point of not having a tail. mine was element or an aws. learned to ollie stairs on it with my bestie

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #384 on: August 29, 2021, 07:08:54 AM »
what was everyones 2nd proper bloard after really getting into it and skating the 1st to the point of not having a tail. mine was element or an aws. learned to ollie stairs on it with my bestie

Pretty sure this was my second deck. I was so excited to finally get one that I could skate and learn shit on

cky enthusiast

« Reply #385 on: August 29, 2021, 07:45:31 AM »
element twigs mini w/ ventures and some weird alien workshop wheels

second board was a josh kalis w the same trucks and wheels (i figured out he was local)

Loki700

• Rep: 78
« Reply #386 on: August 29, 2021, 07:55:10 AM »

Basically one of these, only it had a red and blue pattern on the bottom.

The grip tape was awful, the bolt pattern was non standard so when I got a new deck I needed new trucks, the wheels were horrendous, the bearings barely let you roll after you stopped pushing.

I had some good times on that thing.
teslas are the longboards of automobiles

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #387 on: August 29, 2021, 09:28:49 AM »
My brother got me a complete for Christmas one year. It was a Zero deck with ventures and NJ Skateshop grip tape and black and pink wheels. Wish I kept it.
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #388 on: August 29, 2021, 01:15:02 PM »
Variflex

First real board Clause Grabke with the exploding clock probably tracker trucks and slime balls
Neon pink and green grip tape that was super coarse cut it into lots is smaller interlocking pieces.
Still remember how stoked I was doing my first Ollie on it
My buddy had that Claus board, I had the Roskopp face.  Santa Cruz was so rad back then, they still have good wood

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #389 on: August 29, 2021, 01:19:44 PM »
rip instagram pictures
I was so stoked when my mom got me this. I had this same blue color, clear grip, Tracker Sixtracks and some Bones wheels. I can’t remember which wheels exactly unfortunately.
I thought I was hot shit.
You were hot shit indeed