Author Topic: longboarding  (Read 39247 times)

brent

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: longboarding
« Reply #300 on: October 16, 2007, 08:13:16 PM »
looks like instead of posting that flashy crap you could go out and skate... you know polish your skills, and mabey someday people will respect you for being a good skater...

or you could just call longborders gay on tha intrawebz, either way...
DUDE! YOU ARE ON THE INTERNET AT THE SAME TIME I AM! YOU CAN'T USE THE "GO SKATE INSTEAD OF TALKING SHIT ON THE INTERNET" DEFENSE.
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

cs2

• Rep: -1
« Reply #301 on: October 16, 2007, 08:16:07 PM »
i'll give props to one of you kickflippers if you can go 60mph let alone 25

shutupbitch

« Reply #302 on: October 16, 2007, 08:16:56 PM »
Expand Quote
looks like instead of posting that flashy crap you could go out and skate... you know polish your skills, and mabey someday people will respect you for being a good skater...

or you could just call longborders gay on tha intrawebz, either way...
[close]
DUDE! YOU ARE ON THE INTERNET AT THE SAME TIME I AM! YOU CAN'T USE THE "GO SKATE INSTEAD OF TALKING SHIT ON THE INTERNET" DEFENSE.

Not true. I think it may be possible to longboard while typing, shaving, and maybe even sleeping. Damn that shit's hard.

deluxe_six

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
  • I'm happy, won't you be happy with me?
« Reply #303 on: October 16, 2007, 08:18:53 PM »
you're right!
fast=cool

cs2

« Reply #304 on: October 16, 2007, 08:22:39 PM »
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a2G_-hsu2fg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a2G_-hsu2fg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

yeah its cooler than practicing kickflips off a 3set for 3 hours a day and falling on your face 70% of the time

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1197
« Reply #305 on: October 16, 2007, 08:36:21 PM »
instead of posting you could go out and skate

hardly art, hardly starving

shutupbitch

« Reply #306 on: October 16, 2007, 08:40:33 PM »
hehehehehe

deluxe_six

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #307 on: October 16, 2007, 08:48:02 PM »
yeah its cooler than practicing kickflips off a 3set for 3 hours a day and falling on your face 70% of the time
i can proudly say i've never skated a 3 stair for 3 hours, nor have i ever fallen on my face

SWEET

« Reply #308 on: October 16, 2007, 08:49:41 PM »
I still havent seen anything YOU can do :lol:
And for your info, I skate my favorite hills many times and I travwel all around the world for contests, freerides and just for fun... To discover new hills, new roads...
Every roads are differnets... 3 steps are 3 steps...

Anyway, all you haters, post a vid of YOU !!!
At least a pictures...
I know some of you like "young Jeezy" is WAYYY too famous to post anything, but what about the others???
Show us what you got!! What you do !!

damian

« Reply #309 on: October 16, 2007, 08:55:38 PM »

i'll give props for not wasting garden gloves.

deluxe_six

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #310 on: October 16, 2007, 08:58:57 PM »
And for your info, I skate my favorite hills many times and I travwel all around the world for contests, freerides and just for fun... To discover new hills, new roads...

At least a pictures...
I know some of you like "young Jeezy" is WAYYY too famous to post anything, but what about the others???
k chief

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65426
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #311 on: October 16, 2007, 09:00:18 PM »
Wow, is this rediculous or what?
I'm sorry to break it to you, but longboarding is not about running around in sandals and shell necklaces on sector nines.. If that's what you see when you hear longboarding, you are one narrow-minded idiot.  I mean you can start calling us all of that all you want, but you don't even target any majority of the longboarding community when you do. We longboarders, the true longboarders, not the ones who run around like a bunch of posers saying "yyyoo braaaaah" all the time, aren't to fond of them either. They obviously give us a bad rep, because that's about all half of you see when you think longboarding..
It's a discipline of skateboarding.. You guys like to vert/street skate, and some of us like to Downhill, Slalom, Dance.. Each to his own.

I have no problem with regular skateboarding.. It takes some skill to nail some of the tricks some of you do.. But when you start categorizing a large group of people by the minority portion? I mean, should we all run around calling skateboarders a bunch of lowlife vandalizing stoners? Absoloutely not.

Oh well, whatever you want to think- Keep on thinking it..
To MFS.. Your a complete idiot.. Plain and simple. You are THE most narrow-minded person I've ever heard speak. You keep posting saying all these stupid things, and half of them don't even make sense.. Like "i was hoping this would further humiliate this kook, thoughts?".. Where are you trying to go with this? It's supposed to be humiliating that he tried to talk to you without 50 other people chiming in
And then you call us "kooks" because we like to go fast.. Well falling from 50 feet in the air isn't much less kooky then flying down a street at 50mph.. http://youtube.com/watch?v=y2qZ13C6bQo

Then you say longboarding is stupid because we can't hop up a curb, kickflip, or even ollie..
Well, hopping up a curb is useful to a longboarder so we do do that.. -http://youtube.com/watch?v=tVIInc6uzLU
Kickflipping and Ollies have nothing to do with longboarding, so why would we need to be able to do them? They're different disciplines, with different styles, and they have different tricks/techniques involved..

hey hey, ive got a fan. take all the potshots you want kook because its gonna make your board any shorter .

p.s oh yeah and fuck that guy who signs the end of all his posts too...............flavien............is that your dungeons and dragons name....pfffff!

somekid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #312 on: October 16, 2007, 09:01:01 PM »
...before street skating started in the early 90's not every single deck looked the same...

street skating started the first time a kid broke the crate off his scooter and began riding around and has been refining itself ever since.

i love how "old-schoolers" seem to think skateboarding was born in an empty los angeles swimming pool during that 70's drought. it wasn't.

shutupbitch

« Reply #313 on: October 16, 2007, 09:01:25 PM »

At least a pictures...

people actuallly care?

SWEET

« Reply #314 on: October 16, 2007, 09:04:09 PM »
To MFS: I'm french dumbass

txm

• Rep: 1
« Reply #315 on: October 16, 2007, 09:06:31 PM »
I'm sorry but even as a conesseur of good skateboarding I would rather watch kickflip johnny throw himself down the big 4 at the skatepark than one of those mongo-pushing, snowboard-stance having scrotes. Seriously, i haven't come across one longboarder who was not a complete fucking douche. Maybe one day I'll meet a longboarder who doesn't mall grab his board, complain about how he'd rather be riding some "sick slalom" instead of skating the perfect grindline bowl in front of him, or talk to me endlessly about how he had a photo in concrete wave after i simply asked to borrow his lighter. There's nothing wrong with bombing a hill on a longboard on the way to the liquor store, but the bottom line is, if you take longboarding for anything more than the joke that it is you might also consider taking it up the ass from another dude.

SWEET

« Reply #316 on: October 16, 2007, 09:06:55 PM »
Expand Quote

At least a pictures...
[close]

people actuallly care?
YEs, I want to have a talk with people who actually skate... Franklin might be 15 years old but he skates and is pretty good...
Oh and Somekid... stop watching Back to Future.. it has a really bad influence on you...

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1594
« Reply #317 on: October 16, 2007, 09:07:10 PM »
stereotypes are fuckin fun dude....

damian

« Reply #318 on: October 16, 2007, 09:08:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

At least a pictures...
[close]

people actuallly care?
[close]
YEs, I want to have a talk with people who actually skate... Franklin might be 15 years old but he skates and is pretty good...
Oh and Somekid... stop watching Back to Future.. it has a really bad influence on you...

have you ever burned a hole in the garden gloves? are they recycleable?

MFS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #319 on: October 16, 2007, 09:12:29 PM »
Expand Quote
JC WOULD BOMB THOSE HILLS ON A REAL BOARD IN DICKIE A FLANNEL AND SOME  HALF CABS
[close]
Sure this JC would... but he'd be slow as shit and I'd have to wait for him a long time before he arrives at the bottom  ;D
And actually he wouldnt go down every hills... I'd even show you some hills he wouldnt even think about skating  ;D

you are clearly know nothing about skateboarding.....................you wanna know why i hate you. its because your just like the rest of the billabong short wearing, broski saying, american eagle wearing fuckwits on the local university campus. that JC you just bagged on could make you look like fuckin mary tyler moore just by standing on a skateboard.

txm

• Rep: 1
« Reply #320 on: October 16, 2007, 09:17:15 PM »
Wait, why the fuck are there longboard shakkas posting on slap? wouldnt concrete wave suit your interests a little better?

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #321 on: October 16, 2007, 09:20:07 PM »

you are clearly know nothing about skateboarding.....................you wanna know why i hate you. its because your just like the rest of the billabong short wearing, broski saying, american eagle

Why do you give a fuck what the rest of the people doing it look like? Hell, in '91 every skater was wearing a pair of big ass Blind pants and a sweatshirt from Goodwill.
One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

shutupbitch

« Reply #322 on: October 16, 2007, 09:24:07 PM »
much better to stereotype since we don't know how pathetic they really are.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #323 on: October 16, 2007, 09:32:05 PM »
Expand Quote

you are clearly know nothing about skateboarding.....................you wanna know why i hate you. its because your just like the rest of the billabong short wearing, broski saying, american eagle
[close]

Why do you give a fuck what the rest of the people doing it look like? Hell, in '91 every skater was wearing a pair of big ass Blind pants and a sweatshirt from Goodwill.

i started skating in 92................i remeber it like it was yesterday. i personally dont give a fuck what anyone wears.................its a way of describing them as a group fuckwit. your one of those fuckin know it all scenester dipshits arent you!

SWEET

« Reply #324 on: October 16, 2007, 09:33:09 PM »
I'm glad to read some people who actually know what they're talking about...
Since we arrived here to say that you guys were wrong, the only kind of attitudes I have seen (exept of course a (very) few one), are typical 15/16 year old who knows everything about nothing, some pro-skaters wannabe who dont even skate and who have no other way of answering other than saying "you're gay"...
You are the kind of douchebags that gives a bad rep to this sport...
Learn how to speak and stop thinking you "are the knowledge itself"

damian

« Reply #325 on: October 16, 2007, 09:35:57 PM »
uhm, it's not a sport.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #326 on: October 16, 2007, 09:41:51 PM »
well im done with this thread. on a lighter note i aquired one of those fiberglass sole one  benches from the shop today. im hoping it will get us through the winter. im stoked it grinds and slides so well.

Rarraz

« Reply #327 on: October 16, 2007, 09:42:55 PM »
Why isn't it a sport? Because we don't run around while kicking a ball?
Sport - an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature
Skateboarding is an athletic activity that requires skill or physical prowess.. So that classifies it as a sport.

shutupbitch

« Reply #328 on: October 16, 2007, 09:44:13 PM »
I'm glad to read some people who actually know what they're talking about...
Since we arrived here to say that you guys were wrong, the only kind of attitudes I have seen (exept of course a (very) few one), are typical 15/16 year old who knows everything about nothing, some pro-skaters wannabe who dont even skate and who have no other way of answering other than saying "you're gay"...
You are the kind of douchebags that gives a bad rep to this sport...
Learn how to speak and stop thinking you "are the knowledge itself"

yep. Those tricksters don't know how to challenge themselves like us true winners.

damian

« Reply #329 on: October 16, 2007, 09:45:32 PM »
Why isn't it a sport? Because we don't run around while kicking a ball?
Sport - an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature
Skateboarding is an athletic activity that requires skill or physical prowess.. So that classifies it as a sport.

neither is a sport. it's a hobby or artform.
in a sport you can just get in and play, it takes almost a month just to get comfortable with anything on a skateboard.
you can considering longboarding a sport if you want to, broheim.