Author Topic: longboarding  (Read 39261 times)

AcidAaron

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: longboarding
« Reply #570 on: October 23, 2007, 12:10:49 AM »
later kids.
btw your a kook for saying brah.

damian

« Reply #571 on: October 23, 2007, 12:20:22 AM »
brobro, let's call it a draw.  can we just puff some fine pine and carve some cement freshies?

your Dad

« Reply #572 on: October 23, 2007, 12:53:06 AM »
your all just a bunch of needle dicked bug fucking punks. ollie this mother fucker!

damian

« Reply #573 on: October 23, 2007, 12:58:55 AM »
ahh dad, go to sleep.

your Dad

« Reply #574 on: October 23, 2007, 01:48:22 AM »
ZZZZZZZZZ........................................................

worldwide

• Rep: -1
« Reply #575 on: October 23, 2007, 10:46:59 PM »
look at this kook

<youtube><youtube>

Silent Bob.

• Rep: 67
« Reply #576 on: October 24, 2007, 01:29:49 AM »
For the sake of the little baby Jesus, weeping majesticaly in his manger, let it lie!! Paddle off now, paddle off!

Doxastic

« Reply #577 on: October 24, 2007, 11:39:11 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  I heard about this on the 'fish and had to see it.  This is awesome.  Teenage angst manifesting in pointless ways.  Sorry to leave some of you 'fishers out in the wind.  I didn't know the trickskater douchebag krew had gotten together to make themselves look like Bro-ha jock-asses.  But this is a perfect example of why I love the longboard scene and hate the shortboard mentality.  You guys hate on everything.  From every other sport besides skateboarding to other kickflippers.  And I know how it is.  I used to be a hat'n kickflipper.  One of my best friends rollerbladed and I never skated with him cuz of it.  That's just stupid.  Just hope you all grow up and chill.

es lance

• Rep: 1
« Reply #578 on: October 24, 2007, 11:45:18 AM »
Longboarder Shane Allen FTW
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jPVtcHjR9m0

too many kooks concerned with their image on this board.

Doxastic

« Reply #579 on: October 24, 2007, 11:55:08 AM »
Expand Quote
I Longboard...what the hell did I say?  Stop freaking posting in here.  It's a waste of your time.  As I said, when you're still skating they're going to have dead end jobs and be getting fat in front of their TV's in their free time.  Give it up, I already tried being polite, even appologized for whatever negativity I left in my first few posts...they're just too cool for us.
[close]

goddamn i hate you. you think your gonna change the world or something. post yourself ripping down a hill going mach whatever or shut the fuck up, this is slap.

p.s i bet you even suck at emoboarding.

This thread gets even better the second time I go through it!  "this is slap"?... WTF?  I don't give a fuck if it's a room full of retards, you're still the dumbest shit I've ever come across.

beeda weeda

« Reply #580 on: October 24, 2007, 11:55:19 AM »
Longboarder Shane Allen FTW
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jPVtcHjR9m0

too many kooks concerned with their image on this board.

my new favorite skater, I love dhis image!

Doxastic

« Reply #581 on: October 24, 2007, 12:04:35 PM »
Admittedly I live in a distinctly unhilly area of England, so you're probably not going to get any "genuine" longboarders around here,

I'm not sure where you are in England, obviously.  But there's a good deal of lbing out there.  Lush longboards comes out of the UK and there's a good deal of English Kats on the 'fish.  Not that is matters cuz I have a feeling you won't be picking up a longboard for another 5-10 years.  That goes for all of you.

Doxastic

« Reply #582 on: October 24, 2007, 12:15:40 PM »
Check out this thread; http://www.slapmagazine.com/Mambo/forum/index.php?topic=328.510 - it's an 18 pager of people posting their own footage on here; noteworthy for people's (generally) humble attitudes and being nice about each-others footy

(it's not about people saying they are awesome, more people going "ok, this is pretty bad, but here's some footy of me")

I actually come here because the majority of posters are genuine skaters, and not the typical TWS style geeks who focus on their appearence and yes do indeed give us all a bad name by indeed "trying 30 times to ollie 3 steps or trying to launch whatever trick they have never been able to do and saying "FUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKK" at their board..."

And some people are defensive on here, because this is something we love. We're contending with people selling us out to the X-Games, generating a new breed of competitive skater which is nothing to do with who we are or what we do, with a false image of what we do being blasted on MTV and a million commercials, with people thinking that rising a skateboard is all about bling and props - so of course people get a bit defensive generally about things; probably much in the same way that genuine longboarders would get hacked off if "the mainstream" suddenly decided to use a million images of dreadlocked flip-flop wearing geeks on longboards to sell their shit - the purists amongst you would probably start feeling a bit militant too.

Hope this gives a little context to things, and where some people - whether misguided or not - are coming from on here. Sure some people on here are idiots, but they stand out as such; it's not as if everyone on here gives a baying chorus of approval to the dumber comments

Good to see there are some intelligent minded, level headed skateboarders on this forum.  I was beginning to wonder if a low IQ was a prerequisite for retaining membership.  But it's good to hear and I see your point.  However, this is nothing new.  Getting "sold out" to the mainstream has gone on for a while.  And skateboarding will soon be among the other sports in that the owners of the companies won't even skate.  I remember when DC got sold and I was like, "it's over..."  But whatever.  I'm just here cuz I love skateboarding.  I'll practice my 360 flips then jump on my speedboard.  It's all skat'n to me.  I just love the longboarding scene.  And I think this hat'n on longboarders is funny as shit.

the ragamuffin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 49
« Reply #583 on: October 24, 2007, 02:36:04 PM »
look at this kook

<youtube><youtube>

someone please make this an avatar

Maple Syrup

• Rep: -16
  • rhymenoceros
« Reply #584 on: October 24, 2007, 04:01:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Check out this thread; http://www.slapmagazine.com/Mambo/forum/index.php?topic=328.510 - it's an 18 pager of people posting their own footage on here; noteworthy for people's (generally) humble attitudes and being nice about each-others footy

(it's not about people saying they are awesome, more people going "ok, this is pretty bad, but here's some footy of me")

I actually come here because the majority of posters are genuine skaters, and not the typical TWS style geeks who focus on their appearence and yes do indeed give us all a bad name by indeed "trying 30 times to ollie 3 steps or trying to launch whatever trick they have never been able to do and saying "FUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKK" at their board..."

And some people are defensive on here, because this is something we love. We're contending with people selling us out to the X-Games, generating a new breed of competitive skater which is nothing to do with who we are or what we do, with a false image of what we do being blasted on MTV and a million commercials, with people thinking that rising a skateboard is all about bling and props - so of course people get a bit defensive generally about things; probably much in the same way that genuine longboarders would get hacked off if "the mainstream" suddenly decided to use a million images of dreadlocked flip-flop wearing geeks on longboards to sell their shit - the purists amongst you would probably start feeling a bit militant too.

Hope this gives a little context to things, and where some people - whether misguided or not - are coming from on here. Sure some people on here are idiots, but they stand out as such; it's not as if everyone on here gives a baying chorus of approval to the dumber comments

[close]

Good to see there are some intelligent minded, level headed skateboarders on this forum.  I was beginning to wonder if a low IQ was a prerequisite for retaining membership.  But it's good to hear and I see your point.  However, this is nothing new.  Getting "sold out" to the mainstream has gone on for a while.  And skateboarding will soon be among the other sports in that the owners of the companies won't even skate.  I remember when DC got sold and I was like, "it's over..."  But whatever.  I'm just here cuz I love skateboarding.  I'll practice my 360 flips then jump on my speedboard.  It's all skat'n to me.  I just love the longboarding scene.  And I think this hat'n on longboarders is funny as shit.

one way to not get your point ever taken seriously: go onto a forum, and then say everyone on it aside from a few people have a low iq.  nice job, you figured it out, by calling everyone on here stupid were bound to listen to you and take what you have to say seriously.

Sony MDR V2 headphones

« Reply #585 on: October 24, 2007, 04:26:25 PM »
Today I was in the bathroom at school and was thinking about this thread. The fact that this thread's topic is "longboarding" and the starting post is "shit is hella tight" and the fact that it's now 20 pages and counting...

I lol'd so hard I had to sit down, ON THE FLOOR.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 05:30:11 PM by Sony MDR V2 headphones »

Doxastic

« Reply #586 on: October 24, 2007, 05:22:47 PM »
one way to not get your point ever taken seriously: go onto a forum, and then say everyone on it aside from a few people have a low iq.  nice job, you figured it out, by calling everyone on here stupid were bound to listen to you and take what you have to say seriously.

You missed my goal.  You guys will not "take what have to say seriously" no matter what.  Nor will you listen to me.  That's insinuated.  The idea that popsicle-stick skateboarding is better than everything else is ingrained in your mind too deep.  If I thought reasonable, considerate discourse made headway here, I would use it.  But the past 20 pages show it's pointless.  Although, you insulted me and I still listened to you and see your point.  So maybe..... maybe there's hope.

Young Jeezy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
  • AY!
    • youngjeezy.com avatar image
« Reply #587 on: October 24, 2007, 05:28:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You missed my goal.  You guys will not "take what have to say seriously" no matter what.  Nor will you listen to me.  That's insinuated.  The idea that popsicle-stick skateboarding is better than everything else is ingrained in your mind too deep.  If I thought reasonable, considerate discourse made headway here, I would use it.  But the past 20 pages show it's pointless.  Although, you insulted me and I still listened to you and see your point.  So maybe..... maybe there's hope.

longboarding........lolz!
JEEZY NEVER DIES

Doxastic

« Reply #588 on: October 24, 2007, 05:33:21 PM »
my skateboard could kick your skateboards ass.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!  I love this.  Please make a shirt!  Maybe I'll just have to screen it myself.

deluxe_six

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
  • I'm happy, won't you be happy with me?
« Reply #589 on: October 24, 2007, 05:42:54 PM »
I wear a torn up pair of skin tight krew pants, something that is usually seen on a kid that's trick skating.
And i wear Fallen "The Trooper Model" Yellow and black shoes.
hahahaha
hahahaha
hahahahahahaahhahaahhahaha
hahaha

hahaha

i guess you really have no idea what the majority of slap poster are into if you think by telling us this you will be accepted

beeda weeda

« Reply #590 on: October 24, 2007, 06:05:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if you know your points are being ignored, stop posting already. and dont call my trickboard a popsicle stick, its a trickboard, and thats what me and my homies want it to be called.
there is no hope.
why don't you start a longboarding msg board......and if one already exist, please post the link so we can ruin it.

deluxe_six

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
  • I'm happy, won't you be happy with me?
« Reply #591 on: October 24, 2007, 06:19:43 PM »
http://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55679
ahhaha
they all seem to think that every one on slap is in their early teens and obsessed with the latest skate fashion trends.
I would guess that the average age on slap is 18-22

Doxastic

« Reply #592 on: October 24, 2007, 06:25:10 PM »
you look like a really cool guy Doxastic. lets go to a bar and talk about how lame i am

http://www.myspace.com/chrislinton

http://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55679

OMG SKATE JOCK!!!  I would be so down for that.  I'm sure you'll want to go to the worst possible bar.  Why don't we stop by Supreme and get matching t-shirts too.  I just love you took the time to search me out.  Not that it's hard.  But this is awesome.  Anyone need to find me, just as this guy.  LOL!!! 

Young Jeezy

• SLAP Pal
  • AY!
« Reply #593 on: October 24, 2007, 06:27:22 PM »
its funny how they consider longboarding skating. haha.
JEEZY NEVER DIES

shutupbitch

« Reply #594 on: October 24, 2007, 06:31:09 PM »
Dang, this thread still exists? Some people think they're gonna squeeze a lemon and end up with lemonade. Good luck with that.

I think I have a hangover.... Time for the longboard!

I think I have to get some beer... Time for the longboard!

My ankle's tweaked but I need to give it some work... Time for the longboard!

Doxastic

« Reply #595 on: October 24, 2007, 06:33:55 PM »

if you know your points are being ignored, stop posting already. and dont call my trickboard a popsicle stick, its a trickboard, and thats what me and my homies want it to be called.
there is no hope.
why don't you start a longboarding msg board......and if one already exist, please post the link so we can ruin it.

It's called a popsicle stick cuz trick boards, like popsicles, are for little kids.

shutupbitch

« Reply #596 on: October 24, 2007, 06:35:25 PM »
Get a fucking life!

chip

• Rep: 3
« Reply #597 on: October 24, 2007, 06:41:38 PM »

Young Jeezy

• SLAP Pal
  • AY!
« Reply #598 on: October 24, 2007, 06:44:14 PM »
longboarding will never matter, period. just accept it, i mean we all have.
JEEZY NEVER DIES

beeda weeda

« Reply #599 on: October 24, 2007, 06:51:48 PM »
Expand Quote

there is no hope.
[close]

It's called a popsicle stick cuz trick boards, like popsicles, are for little kids.

oh shit, I'm 24, I just threw my board out, thanks man. I'm going to get a sector nine and roll down teh street, pick it up, and turn around and come home.

and slit my wrists