Author Topic: Boards On The Wall Thread  (Read 302147 times)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2005
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Boards On The Wall Thread
« Reply #1380 on: July 15, 2020, 07:35:12 PM »

Finally got the rack mounted after a couple of months. Wife was not going to allow boards being hung directly on the wall since it would leave way too many holes. I've had bad luck with 3M Command hooks so I decided to get a rack and 1 slot will be used for my regular setup.

A small sampling of the boards I have in storage. Too lazy to dig up the rest. I fished out a few 7.5 boards (Traffic, Bueno) and I'm still amazed I could ride something so short any narrow.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

CorneliusCardew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1381 on: July 15, 2020, 07:46:22 PM »
My 6 year old appropriates any board I get that he thinks looks too good to skate. So far his gallery consists of the Tom Asta cosmic cat and the shiny silver Ishod Wair panther symmetrical board

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #1382 on: July 15, 2020, 08:55:26 PM »
My 6 year old appropriates any board I get that he thinks looks too good to skate. So far his gallery consists of the Tom Asta cosmic cat and the shiny silver Ishod Wair panther symmetrical board

My 7 year old has a almost one fish two fish and a Jim bates yoshi deck on his walls lmao

lordrandall

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: -29
  • Your Uncles Favorite Uncle.
    • tokyo 19xx avatar image
« Reply #1383 on: July 16, 2020, 01:09:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
lordrandall, you have an AHTBM board!
I love skating w/ Steve; that guy is great.
[close]

My good friend did the graphics, I had to grab it. And yeah AHTBM seems like its owned by a rad dude.
[close]
It’d be hard not to ride that deer man board

I got close once gripping and ripping some barriers. But luckily I talked myself out.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 674
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #1384 on: July 16, 2020, 04:42:10 AM »

Finally got the rack mounted after a couple of months. Wife was not going to allow boards being hung directly on the wall since it would leave way too many holes. I've had bad luck with 3M Command hooks so I decided to get a rack and 1 slot will be used for my regular setup.

A small sampling of the boards I have in storage. Too lazy to dig up the rest. I fished out a few 7.5 boards (Traffic, Bueno) and I'm still amazed I could ride something so short any narrow.

did you realize it's probably the same amount of holes in your wall but you can't enjoy the graphics ?

1 hole in the wall is enough to hang a board

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2307
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1385 on: July 16, 2020, 08:45:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

did you realize it's probably the same amount of holes in your wall but you can't enjoy the graphics ?

Thought the same thing, but are YOU willing to argue with his wife about it?
Me neither.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #1386 on: July 16, 2020, 09:32:23 AM »

no originals; all reissues, current boards, or random ones with sentimental value.

Nice,  those Natas boards are very shalom

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #1387 on: July 16, 2020, 09:48:26 AM »
Yes the Natas boards are trill
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1388 on: July 16, 2020, 09:49:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Me neither.

Married life, amirite guys???

Her stance was no boards hanging off the wall, she didn't want out shared study looking like a college dorm room.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #1389 on: July 16, 2020, 09:59:15 AM »
I'm bummed that I didn't buy an extra Newman board to hang

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1390 on: July 16, 2020, 10:23:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^^^thx, ndsr. Pretty cool just to have an Appleyard Flip deck. It's probably worth some money already.
[close]
I had a shop in ND in 96-97 when that penny graphic came out.  We had a shop team of 4, each rider would get 2 boards a month and 1 set of wheels.  I had to order 12 of those pennies a month so I could sell some after the team pillaged.  I should have held on to some!
[close]

Wow nice owner to give your riders anything except shop decks
I’m no saint, no discounts on trucks or bearings!  My team was great, good times

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1391 on: July 16, 2020, 10:30:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My 7 year old has a almost one fish two fish and a Jim bates yoshi deck on his walls lmao

Jim bates the skater from status?

drewdown

• Rep: -28
« Reply #1392 on: July 20, 2020, 07:22:32 AM »

Don't like that the second boards line doesn't line up but it is what it is.  I have another set of these but with the green background but I like the colors on the OG set a lot more.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #1393 on: July 21, 2020, 12:15:51 AM »

Don't like that the second boards line doesn't line up but it is what it is.  I have another set of these but with the green background but I like the colors on the OG set a lot more.

Lol I kid I kid. Nice crib doe looks mad peaceful.

nothing's been the since same

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1394 on: July 21, 2020, 12:25:11 AM »

Nice. I have that set and the reissue with the pastel colors. I can’t wait to hang it when I move to a bigger place.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1395 on: July 21, 2020, 01:05:41 AM »

What a tastefully designed house. Loving the simple cabinetry and loads of natural light
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Sightunseen

• Rep: 90
« Reply #1396 on: July 21, 2020, 01:22:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What a tastefully designed house. Loving the simple cabinetry and loads of natural light

Going to echo that this is a tastefully designed room.

Great choice on that WE series. I wish I had grabbed the set off eBay when someone was selling them somewhat recently .
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #1397 on: July 21, 2020, 02:42:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Imagine seeing this comment on a skateboard forum in 2001, for some reason that's hilarious to me. We've come pretty far.

With that being said, I love interior design and I completely agree, I want to live there.

lordrandall

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: -29
  • Your Uncles Favorite Uncle.
    • tokyo 19xx avatar image
« Reply #1398 on: July 21, 2020, 03:25:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Imagine seeing this comment on a skateboard forum in 2001, for some reason that's hilarious to me. We've come pretty far.

With that being said, I love interior design and I completely agree, I want to live there.

That couch looks comfy.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #1399 on: July 21, 2020, 04:04:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Me neither.
[close]

Her stance was no boards hanging off the wall, she didn't want out shared study looking like a college dorm room.

I feel you. Just got my girl to let me get my first wall hanger. The magenta 10 year anniversary deck. You should show her how tasteful 4-5 decks on the wall looks, like with those Western edition decks.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 04:14:45 AM by Big Baby Jesus »
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

drewdown

« Reply #1400 on: July 21, 2020, 08:11:26 AM »
Thanks guys. 

If you like that corner you would love the rest of my house but I am not trying to brag.  I am just a dude who has fond memories of skating and was able to carve a nice life out for myself.   FTC is just a part of the nostalgia for me. 

Here is the other set which isn't my favorite but I picked it up anyway sometime ago. 

There is an OG set on EBAY for $10K but I think the lines line up on those.   https://www.ebay.com/itm/Western-Edition-Victorian-Set-Skateboard-Decks-Limited-Edition-San-Francisco-FTC-/112483425931

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1401 on: July 21, 2020, 08:23:06 AM »
Thanks guys. 

If you like that corner you would love the rest of my house but I am not trying to brag.  I am just a dude who has fond memories of skating and was able to carve a nice life out for myself.   FTC is just a part of the nostalgia for me. 

Here is the other set which isn't my favorite but I picked it up anyway sometime ago. 

There is an OG set on EBAY for $10K but I think the lines line up on those.   https://www.ebay.com/itm/Western-Edition-Victorian-Set-Skateboard-Decks-Limited-Edition-San-Francisco-FTC-/112483425931

Even if the lines aren't perfect that is an awesome set and it looks great in your place.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #1402 on: July 21, 2020, 08:23:18 AM »
Thanks guys. 

Ngl. Can you post some more pics of your crib.

The natural light is nice.

Creating a comfortable home is self care.

nothing's been the since same

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1403 on: July 21, 2020, 08:41:10 AM »
Thanks guys. 

That eBay listing has been in there forever. His price is obviously too high. I still can’t believe I got that set on EBay for $250 like years back. Someone was trying to dump it and seemed desperate to get rid of it.

There is a black one too:

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1404 on: July 21, 2020, 08:54:17 AM »
Thanks guys. 

The carpet really ties the room together. Also I can't help but notice the off-center alignment on the WE deck now.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Me neither.
[close]

[close]

I feel you. Just got my girl to let me get my first wall hanger. The magenta 10 year anniversary deck. You should show her how tasteful 4-5 decks on the wall looks, like with those Western edition decks.

I would but while I have a big collection of boards, I don't have anything that is classy enough. The Miles Davis Bitches Brew or Jazz Legends series from WE would be perfect. Also, more stuff on the wall mean more dusting.

I was contemplating getting one of those Magenta boards but I'm bursting at the seams with boards for the wall and for skating.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

drewdown

« Reply #1405 on: July 21, 2020, 09:02:43 AM »
Yeah my buddy has the black one, the tan one, OG one and the one I have.  I think he has all of them but lives a block away from FTC and knows the dudes pretty well so he gets the hook up.  Fuck it here are 2 pics I just took of the main floor.  All in its a 5 bedroom, 3.5 bath, 2 car garage and 5k sqft of living space give or take..and a french bulldog.

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -142
« Reply #1406 on: July 21, 2020, 09:23:20 AM »
Will Caruthers of Spacemen 3 for @lovesickskateboards

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2307
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1407 on: July 21, 2020, 10:55:57 AM »
I was contemplating getting one of those Magenta boards but I'm bursting at the seams with boards for the wall and for skating.
A good problem to have, yeah?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

El Chupacabra

• Rep: 147
    • Brujaria Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #1408 on: July 21, 2020, 12:46:52 PM »
Does it count if I printed them myself?

Sick_McCrank_

• Rep: -489
« Reply #1409 on: July 22, 2020, 05:03:21 AM »

on my wall for a long time. usually blame him when it smells like cigarette smoke and punch him in the eye  ;D
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook