Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4576271 times)

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #20010 on: July 29, 2013, 06:25:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Found some eS keano. Such a good skate shoe, I really hope they do come back.
[close]

I bought two pairs a while ago when they had that eS ebay sale, and I have yet to skate them, I just can't break them in, they fit fine size-wise, but they're just so goddamn uncomfortable. Bummer because I really wanna skate them.
I was hesitant to skate them because they are prolly the last ones I will ever own but I was broke and needed some shoes to skate so what better shoes to skate in then some eS. I thought it was a proper way to send them off. Also, what size you get them, if they are to uncomfortable I would consider taking them off your hands.

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #20011 on: July 29, 2013, 08:28:02 PM »
Latest purchase.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #20012 on: July 30, 2013, 05:26:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Found some eS keano. Such a good skate shoe, I really hope they do come back.
[close]

I bought two pairs a while ago when they had that eS ebay sale, and I have yet to skate them, I just can't break them in, they fit fine size-wise, but they're just so goddamn uncomfortable. Bummer because I really wanna skate them.
[close]
I was hesitant to skate them because they are prolly the last ones I will ever own but I was broke and needed some shoes to skate so what better shoes to skate in then some eS. I thought it was a proper way to send them off. Also, what size you get them, if they are to uncomfortable I would consider taking them off your hands.

both size 10, black/white and white/gum

BALT

• Rep: -28
« Reply #20013 on: July 30, 2013, 08:46:28 AM »
Emerica Reynolds in black/white - Best mid-tops i've ever skated in.

flapJack

• Rep: 30
  • if you want our remorse,turn your body to a corpse
« Reply #20014 on: July 30, 2013, 09:41:05 AM »
I was skating the cutdown Highs bit that stupid ollie piece broke on both sides and my pinky toe gets stuck.
Now Half-Cabs. Blah, blah, blah i lace'em to the top.

Will Easley

« Reply #20015 on: July 30, 2013, 11:37:38 AM »
Here's what those P-Rod 7's look like after about 2.5 weeks of heavy skating. the lighting makes them look brighter than what they really are. they're really more of a darker red. Ill probably give em a couple more weeks before I post a review. Durability is really the last thing i need to test for, but overall its looking to be a pretty positive review. Ill probably end up getting a few more pairs of these down the line.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #20016 on: July 30, 2013, 04:24:47 PM »
The Salazar is an older shoe, but I just bought this pair last week. They've been great to skate in. Perfect ankle support and a lot slimmer than I thought it was going to be by the looks of it. The sole is perfect. I know, it's Nike, but it's still a great shoe.

Will Easley

« Reply #20017 on: July 30, 2013, 05:17:46 PM »
Those are the lunarlon ones right? I had a pair myself maybe a year n a half ago. pretty good shoe. skates like nikes version of the half-cab

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #20018 on: July 30, 2013, 06:54:29 PM »
Those are the lunarlon ones right? I had a pair myself maybe a year n a half ago. pretty good shoe. skates like nikes version of the half-cab

Yep, the Lunarlon insoles. And I agree...it's definitely one of the better skate shoes I've had in the past year regardless of brand.

plonster

• Rep: 10
« Reply #20019 on: July 30, 2013, 06:59:27 PM »
Here's what those P-Rod 7's look like after about 2.5 weeks of heavy skating. the lighting makes them look brighter than what they really are. they're really more of a darker red. Ill probably give em a couple more weeks before I post a review. Durability is really the last thing i need to test for, but overall its looking to be a pretty positive review. Ill probably end up getting a few more pairs of these down the line.

I look forward to your reviews for a lot of reasons man, but especially due to the fact that you seem to do a lot of heelflips, and i feel like a lot of shoes - and a lot of shoe reviews - don't account for this, and as a fan of switch/nollie heels, i am always interested to see how different shoes size up in this aspect.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #20020 on: July 31, 2013, 01:38:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
currently plus 2 slip ons, checkerboard, and black suede

gonna start skating the reynolds later today, the 2nd shoe that wasn't a Blazer in 6 years.  hope they don't disappoint...

[close]
What size did you get for your Reynolds? Same as Blazers?
[close]

i did get the same size.  they felt small as shit, but after skating them for a bit they felt ok.  they're crazy shoes, and great so far
Ok thanks, no regret on getting half size larger?

Will Easley

« Reply #20021 on: July 31, 2013, 01:44:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I look forward to your reviews for a lot of reasons man, but especially due to the fact that you seem to do a lot of heelflips, and i feel like a lot of shoes - and a lot of shoe reviews - don't account for this, and as a fan of switch/nollie heels, i am always interested to see how different shoes size up in this aspect.

thanks man! yeah as you can see in the photo that seam near the back of the swoosh is just now starting to rip, and ive done a million heelflips in these. I kinda wish they had that same rubber piece they had on the 6's because that pretty much made that part of the shoe as durable as can be, but the suede they use on these things is pretty quality stuff. I assumed the tiger print would actually be less durable than the normal colorways but its been holding up pretty well. its only just now starting to rip near that 3rd lace hole & is yet to wear down the first row of stitches on the toecap.

ontheswarm

« Reply #20022 on: July 31, 2013, 10:45:23 AM »
Just got these for $45. The new lunarlon update is amazing in chucks.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #20023 on: July 31, 2013, 11:28:41 AM »
The Salazar is an older shoe, but I just bought this pair last week. They've been great to skate in. Perfect ankle support and a lot slimmer than I thought it was going to be by the looks of it. The sole is perfect. I know, it's Nike, but it's still a great shoe.

Never had em, but they look great.

I just got these in the mail:

I normally wear an 8, but i had to buy a 8.5 in these. Really snug fit, but very very comfortable.

I always thought that Nike was way ahead in the shock absorption thing. But its like you walk on air in these things.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #20024 on: July 31, 2013, 02:38:01 PM »
Just picked up a pair of the BA's, lightest, comfiest skate shoe ive had in a good while.
So far i intend to use them for chillers, so couldnt say how they skate, but from driving in them i can say the board feel isnt all that bad as i assumed it would be.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #20025 on: July 31, 2013, 04:37:41 PM »
Just picked up a pair of the BA's, lightest, comfiest skate shoe ive had in a good while.
So far i intend to use them for chillers, so couldnt say how they skate, but from driving in them i can say the board feel isnt all that bad as i assumed it would be.

*PROJECT BA PIC PLAYA*

Why would you assume a modern cupsole to have bad boardfeel?

Damn they look nice. Waiting for the red ones coming out next week, I intend to skate them though.. Do they feel weird for a skateshoe on the foot?

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #20026 on: July 31, 2013, 04:52:46 PM »
Expand Quote

*PROJECT BA PIC PLAYA*

[close]

Damn they look nice. Waiting for the red ones coming out next week, I intend to skate them though.. Do they feel weird for a skateshoe on the foot?

I just assumed the boardfeel wouldnt be amazing because the sole (from pictures) looked quite thick

Yeah the red ones look fresh, but im just too impatient i guess. From what ive seen so far they would feel great as a skate shoe, the only slightly weird bit for me is that its got a quite big arch bump, ya know? in the middle of foot, where your arch is, theres alot of support, which some people like but i find a bit annoying for skating, except from that all the materials and everything feel great.

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #20027 on: July 31, 2013, 07:02:06 PM »
I can definitely vouch for pedal feelness relating to boardfeel
For Your Health

Rocko

• Rep: 39
« Reply #20028 on: July 31, 2013, 08:45:55 PM »
I can definitely vouch for pedal feelness relating to boardfeel

Get on this RL (or weartest)

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #20029 on: July 31, 2013, 08:55:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I normally wear an 8, but i had to buy a 8.5 in these. Really snug fit, but very very comfortable.

I always thought that Nike was way ahead in the shock absorption thing. But its like you walk on air in these things.

What the fuck are those gazelles?!?!?
p-shuvs and v-flips

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #20030 on: July 31, 2013, 08:57:35 PM »

they look really COOL!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 10:16:25 PM by UserFame »
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #20031 on: July 31, 2013, 09:15:11 PM »
I like the toe-cap. It reminds me of my second favorite shoe of allllll time:

I am stoked

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #20032 on: July 31, 2013, 10:17:59 PM »

I am stoked

why dont skate shoe companies do lace loops anymore? thoose are much better to skate, I hate when I get new shoes to skate in, and my laces are totally ruined after one or two sessions.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 10:21:11 PM by UserFame »
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #20033 on: July 31, 2013, 10:27:38 PM »
Expand Quote

I am stoked
[close]

why dont skate shoe companies do lace loops anymore? thoose are much better to skate, I hate when I get new shoes to skate in, and my laces are totally ruined after one or two sessions.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Keirabug

• Rep: -20
« Reply #20034 on: August 01, 2013, 12:09:18 AM »

$35 shipped off ebay 2nd cons shoes i've had and its holding up really well

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #20035 on: August 01, 2013, 01:25:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

What the fuck are those gazelles?!?!?

Yes.

The 'gazelle skate' > extra padding and some kind of air pocket.

Super comfortable shoe.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #20036 on: August 01, 2013, 01:28:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

*PROJECT BA PIC PLAYA*

[close]

[close]

I just assumed the boardfeel wouldnt be amazing because the sole (from pictures) looked quite thick

Yeah the red ones look fresh, but im just too impatient i guess. From what ive seen so far they would feel great as a skate shoe, the only slightly weird bit for me is that its got a quite big arch bump, ya know? in the middle of foot, where your arch is, theres alot of support, which some people like but i find a bit annoying for skating, except from that all the materials and everything feel great.

Alright, thanks. Definitely picking up a pair.. I have the highest arches in the world so I should be fine then

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #20037 on: August 01, 2013, 01:34:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

wut

Fuck, I dont want to buy Nike, but those are dope as fuck.

laug

• Rep: 0
« Reply #20038 on: August 01, 2013, 03:14:51 AM »

They kinda remind me of Janoskis but i like these better. Don't think they would hold up well for skating though.

SHAWN COMBOVER

• Rep: 14
  • WHAT A FUCKING WRINKLE DRINKER
« Reply #20039 on: August 01, 2013, 01:10:17 PM »
i got the brown era pro syndicate juliens and they fucking rule. that interchangeable sole is awesome for no socks. Also, I got a pair of the tnt 5's and they ripped in a couple of sessions. what would i expect from a canvas side though? I thought someone had mentioned it earlier. Gonna have to give the super glue a go. otherwise. blood foot.
doublesteveburger: I'm gonna stick to being sad and skating with my poor friends.
busey: he's like an avenged sevenfold song come to life who wandered around living off energy drinks.