Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4555137 times)

Dima

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -6
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #29010 on: April 11, 2019, 11:39:41 AM »
tips on removing the glued insole on a pair of adi-eases?

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #29011 on: April 11, 2019, 11:47:08 AM »
tips on removing the glued insole on a pair of adi-eases?

hair drier, xacto knife and some elbow grease

Larry Dallas

« Reply #29012 on: April 11, 2019, 03:58:33 PM »
Nah, those pants are dirty. You wore them 2 days in a row too.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #29013 on: April 11, 2019, 04:17:23 PM »

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29014 on: April 11, 2019, 05:29:30 PM »

three days actually

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #29015 on: April 11, 2019, 05:38:41 PM »
There's a guy at my work who does the same shit, musty ass foo

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
« Reply #29016 on: April 11, 2019, 06:20:33 PM »
Live from my hit recording studio:

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #29017 on: April 11, 2019, 10:33:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Do you post such large images so I can see exactly how dirty all your clothes are
[close]

yes, its part of it. the rest of it is that i want you to have to scroll to see the whole thing.

thank you and shalom
[close]
Did this dude actually just insult you cuz of clothes? lmao people bruh..
[close]

It was definitely cuz of picture size and if you're going to end every post with an ellipses like you don't close your mouth when you aren't speaking (you're saving up to buy a primitive board so you definitely don't) you should use all three dots...
[close]
Called a typo buddy, nothing to do with ellipses. plus whats a primitive deck gotta do with any of this?

omg primitive so sick bruh! you gonna get the kikkoman shaped deck or maybe a rick and morty one? I’d hang it if I were you !!!
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #29018 on: April 12, 2019, 04:43:58 AM »
anyone else wondering when he's gonna delete the kansas records
good come sausage

shit_for_brains

« Reply #29019 on: April 12, 2019, 05:15:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Do you post such large images so I can see exactly how dirty all your clothes are
[close]

yes, its part of it. the rest of it is that i want you to have to scroll to see the whole thing.

thank you and shalom
[close]
Did this dude actually just insult you cuz of clothes? lmao people bruh..
[close]

It was definitely cuz of picture size and if you're going to end every post with an ellipses like you don't close your mouth when you aren't speaking (you're saving up to buy a primitive board so you definitely don't) you should use all three dots...
[close]
Called a typo buddy, nothing to do with ellipses. plus whats a primitive deck gotta do with any of this?
[close]

omg primitive so sick bruh! you gonna get the kikkoman shaped deck or maybe a rick and morty one? I’d hang it if I were you !!!

The only other person I've heard say they're saving up for a Primitive deck is the schizophrenic guy who comes around the park and makes everyone nervous

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #29020 on: April 12, 2019, 05:57:29 AM »
RIP tiger- the love of my life
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29021 on: April 12, 2019, 08:12:33 AM »
anyone else wondering when he's gonna delete the kansas records

every day buddy shalom. thats my position here is to just delete kansas records. if you live in kansas fuck you

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29022 on: April 12, 2019, 12:05:34 PM »

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #29023 on: April 12, 2019, 12:42:25 PM »

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #29024 on: April 12, 2019, 12:53:50 PM »
we should be putting this on every page like the MJ/Carroll jpeg

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #29025 on: April 12, 2019, 01:09:24 PM »
i thought about making it my sig .. also hope jerry gurney stops posting here now that he’s out of shoes
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

feedmeseymour

« Reply #29026 on: April 12, 2019, 01:33:43 PM »
Live from my hit recording studio:

i had those simpson dolls when i was a kid. that's awesome.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #29027 on: April 12, 2019, 01:56:34 PM »
This new trend of posting ur ugly shoes resting on desks keyboards etc needs to stop

nickelflip

• Rep: 4
« Reply #29028 on: April 12, 2019, 02:00:25 PM »
Got the new Spanky G6. The upper looks and feels just like the Romero with a slimmer heel, so there's less slippage and the proportions look better. They're cleaner and dressier than most skate shoes, so they're really versatile. These make up for the disappointment of the Figgy Dose. They are definitely in the Romero Laced/OG Figgy bloodline, but improved upon in every way. The Reynolds G6 outsole/midsole is awesome, as anyone who has tried that shoe can tell you. So you get the best part of that shoe but without the bulk and with better breathability/aesthetics/flexibility.

element4life

• Rep: 7
« Reply #29029 on: April 12, 2019, 02:30:54 PM »
Got the new Spanky G6. The upper looks and feels just like the Romero with a slimmer heel, so there's less slippage and the proportions look better. They're cleaner and dressier than most skate shoes, so they're really versatile. These make up for the disappointment of the Figgy Dose. They are definitely in the Romero Laced/OG Figgy bloodline, but improved upon in every way. The Reynolds G6 outsole/midsole is awesome, as anyone who has tried that shoe can tell you. So you get the best part of that shoe but without the bulk and with better breathability/aesthetics/flexibility.

im sure its just coincidence that like 25 out of your 29 posts are about emerica

daewonbong3000

• Rep: 10
« Reply #29030 on: April 12, 2019, 05:45:21 PM »

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #29031 on: April 12, 2019, 11:04:55 PM »
This new trend of posting ur ugly shoes resting on desks keyboards etc needs to stop

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #29032 on: April 13, 2019, 08:32:32 AM »

First Nikes I’ve bought since the Koston 3’s, first vulc shoe I’ve skated since I last had blazers over a decade ago. Ive been playing myself skating Accel Slim Mids as a viable midtop cupsole for the past couple summers. Not only are the Blazers much more padded around the collar, but the vulc sole of the blazers is actually thicker than the “cupsole” on the Accels. The FP custom orthotics and the extra heel pads have them feeling good so far. Inside of the shoes are like an oven tho.

The oven foot is the price to pay for skating such an awesome shoe, skating 1 pair now have the exact same pair on backup☺

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #29033 on: April 13, 2019, 09:30:52 AM »
here's a little review on the shoes im pretty much done skating, huf lo classics. probably been reviewed to death but this is my perspective on them.

these pictures are about 5 coming into 6 weeks in and imo theyre pretty much done, for context i usually try to get an hour in after work on a weekday if possible and decent sessions on the weekend.

so first up pricing and fit, i got these for £25 on sale and i believe they retail at around £55-65 depending on store/cw. fitting wise they fit true to size however they dug the fuck into my Achilles for the first few sessions so i had to butcher the fuck out of the heel area with a razorblade to counter that, and they felt super stiff too. flicking was also initially weird with the whole rubber toecap however after roughly a week of skating them they were broken in, fit fine and the flick was good.

durability wise theyre about what you'd expect, thin shoe suede all around with a little layer of some weird suedeish fabric underneath. i was basically through that in about 3 weeks with an ollie hole on the side panel which ive been patching up to make them last a little longer. the grip of the soles were good and i had no problems however they did start wearing through at about the end of a month skating them which is definitely the quickest i've went through a sole. the laces were also snapped clean on the second session which was slightly disappointing.

my overall verdict would be that while it's an aesthetically pleasing shoe and (when broken in atleast) they skate well however for myself i only really got a good 2 weeks or so of what i'd say is peak skatability with the shoe and after that it starts deteriorating and becoming floppy. for £25 i cant really complain but at the same time it feels like the shoe itself is closer quality wise to the sale price point than it is retail. probably wouldnt recommend them overall.

Arto Saari

• Rep: 33
  • hasta la vista.. bear
« Reply #29034 on: April 13, 2019, 02:33:09 PM »
here's a little review on the shoes im pretty much done skating, huf lo classics. probably been reviewed to death but this is my perspective on them.

these pictures are about 5 coming into 6 weeks in and imo theyre pretty much done, for context i usually try to get an hour in after work on a weekday if possible and decent sessions on the weekend.

so first up pricing and fit, i got these for £25 on sale and i believe they retail at around £55-65 depending on store/cw. fitting wise they fit true to size however they dug the fuck into my Achilles for the first few sessions so i had to butcher the fuck out of the heel area with a razorblade to counter that, and they felt super stiff too. flicking was also initially weird with the whole rubber toecap however after roughly a week of skating them they were broken in, fit fine and the flick was good.

durability wise theyre about what you'd expect, thin shoe suede all around with a little layer of some weird suedeish fabric underneath. i was basically through that in about 3 weeks with an ollie hole on the side panel which ive been patching up to make them last a little longer. the grip of the soles were good and i had no problems however they did start wearing through at about the end of a month skating them which is definitely the quickest i've went through a sole. the laces were also snapped clean on the second session which was slightly disappointing.

my overall verdict would be that while it's an aesthetically pleasing shoe and (when broken in atleast) they skate well however for myself i only really got a good 2 weeks or so of what i'd say is peak skatability with the shoe and after that it starts deteriorating and becoming floppy. for £25 i cant really complain but at the same time it feels like the shoe itself is closer quality wise to the sale price point than it is retail. probably wouldnt recommend them overall.
You're crazy if you think anyone will read this. They're huf classics

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #29035 on: April 13, 2019, 02:43:43 PM »
They don't make those anymore
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #29036 on: April 13, 2019, 05:17:33 PM »

Thanks for the review. My huf soles tend to wear down extremely fast, definitely one of their downsides. Curious to try the newer sole on the Hupper II that I've been sitting on.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #29037 on: April 13, 2019, 07:32:16 PM »
Got the new Spanky G6.

How’s the forefoot sole on these compared to the laced, if you could compare? I’m interested in trying the g6 sole they have but trying on figgy 2s in comparison to the laced made the ball of my foot/toe area feel too bulky and unresponsive

nickelflip

• Rep: 4
« Reply #29038 on: April 13, 2019, 09:55:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Got the new Spanky G6.
[close]

How’s the forefoot sole on these compared to the laced, if you could compare? I’m interested in trying the g6 sole they have but trying on figgy 2s in comparison to the laced made the ball of my foot/toe area feel too bulky and unresponsive

I agree totally on the Figgy Dose, the forefoot was wayyy too thick and stiff. The G6 sole is much better. If you look at a cross section of the shoe, the midsole does thin out considerably towards the forefoot, whereas the Dose felt like uniform thickness heel to toe. That being said, the Laced has no midsole at all, so the boardfeel on the Spanky isn't going to be as good, but your feet will be better protected. They're a happy medium between the Laced and Figgy Dose.

Complements4U

• Rep: 397
« Reply #29039 on: April 13, 2019, 10:10:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
You're crazy if you think anyone will read this. They're huf classics
I read it and was very pleased, it left me smilin. It only took me roughly 8 hours but I really enjoyed the journey and I feel like I came out ahead not only with some great insight into hufs most basic offerings, but also as a better reader overall. When you add a shiny new avatar it's really like an ice cream sundae cosmicgypsies style there's beads made of stardust he puts on you and everything tastes like ethyl formate. It would make literally anyone smile just start reading, spend a day on the first sentence and before you know it we can be eatin ice cream together. I'll bring backgammon it's supposed to be a sunny afternoon.