Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4535516 times)

jakeumms and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #30060 on: November 29, 2019, 10:55:57 AM »
I did a review for the etnies Czar...just in case anyone is interested in these.

nice one

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #30061 on: November 29, 2019, 11:50:05 PM »
Anyone have a pair of the Emerica Spanky Reserves who want to share thoughts on them? Or if anyone has handled a pair in person? They're super cheap on Emerica's website and I'm very tempted to grab a pair, but I've never seen a pair in real life and was wondering how they feel.

Water is Nice

• Rep: 3
« Reply #30062 on: December 01, 2019, 04:00:43 AM »
So thinking about buying the og kalis, how's the sizing should I go same size as Nike? Converse?

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #30063 on: December 01, 2019, 06:44:48 PM »
So thinking about buying the og kalis, how's the sizing should I go same size as Nike? Converse?
They fit a little loose for me, I'm a TTS 9.5 in Nike. DC Lynx 9.5 fit tight, and 9.5 Kalis OG fit a little roomy.
I'd say they still do fit TTS, so I would still get 9.5 but they are a little roomy but not enough lengh-wise to size down.

Water is Nice

• Rep: 3
« Reply #30064 on: December 02, 2019, 02:49:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
They fit a little loose for me, I'm a TTS 9.5 in Nike. DC Lynx 9.5 fit tight, and 9.5 Kalis OG fit a little roomy.
I'd say they still do fit TTS, so I would still get 9.5 but they are a little roomy but not enough lengh-wise to size down.
Thanks ordered yesterday in size 10 which is my Nike tts, but I guess I can just send back if it doesn't fit

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #30065 on: December 02, 2019, 11:54:18 AM »
Thanks to everyone that complemented my shoes or spicy pickles. I appreciate it.

Front Blunt

• Rep: -4
« Reply #30066 on: December 03, 2019, 01:31:45 PM »
Anyone have a pair of the Emerica Spanky Reserves who want to share thoughts on them? Or if anyone has handled a pair in person? They're super cheap on Emerica's website and I'm very tempted to grab a pair, but I've never seen a pair in real life and was wondering how they feel.

Emerica with probably the best deal all weekend. I snagged a pair of the deep purple/brown ones from the sale so ill let you know when they come in.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #30067 on: December 03, 2019, 02:37:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Emerica with probably the best deal all weekend. I snagged a pair of the deep purple/brown ones from the sale so ill let you know when they come in.
yeah the buy one get one on sale styles is still going on. and the reserves only $29

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #30068 on: December 03, 2019, 02:45:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
yeah the buy one get one on sale styles is still going on. and the reserves only $29
It works on all styles!

getonkrooked

• Rep: -104
« Reply #30069 on: December 03, 2019, 03:04:08 PM »

Thanks to whoever posted these in the sale thread. Went TTS and they fit great. I have huge wide swollen busted up feet and they feel very stable and not too narrow. Sole feels nice and grippy, probably wont skate them til winter is over though.

The boost in the heel should be amazing, but how’s the support around the ball of your foot?
I’m asking because skating the Lucas ADV that part of my feet started hurting less than 5-6 sessions in.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #30070 on: December 03, 2019, 03:38:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Adidas3ST.004
Thanks to whoever posted these in the sale thread. Went TTS and they fit great. I have huge wide swollen busted up feet and they feel very stable and not too narrow. Sole feels nice and grippy, probably wont skate them til winter is over though.
[close]

The boost in the heel should be amazing, but how’s the support around the ball of your foot?
I’m asking because skating the Lucas ADV that part of my feet started hurting less than 5-6 sessions in.

lucas adv is barely a cupsole when it comes to protection. think trojan ultra thin
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 01:02:21 AM by Bubblegum Tate »
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #30071 on: December 04, 2019, 09:55:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Adidas3ST.004
[close]

It’s slim, probably not for high impact if you’re prone to foot injuries. It’s very comfortable though, the forefoot feels stable and locked in. I think it’s because of the sort of sock liner style soccer cleat toe that it has.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 01:02:07 AM by Bubblegum Tate »

The.Tran.Man

• Rep: -2
« Reply #30072 on: December 04, 2019, 10:47:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I copped the dark green ones from tactics about a week ago since Emerica didn't have my size. They're pretty nice and I just swapped the insoles to make it more comfy for longer shifts at work. But I did snag the deep purple/brown ones from Emerica bc of how cheap they were!!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 07:11:06 AM by The.Tran.Man »

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #30073 on: December 05, 2019, 10:54:00 AM »

8)

TW3rd

• Rep: 0
« Reply #30074 on: December 07, 2019, 02:10:57 AM »
Got these on sale from tactics a couple months ago. They're comfortable and suited for the work I do but there's one issue I'm having that keeps me from wearing them for extended periods of time. The heel of the right shoe digs into my achilles and over time gives me a blister, just from walking. I've had no problems with the left shoe which makes me think it's the way I walk that's causing it or they are slightly defective which is why they were on sale.

Anyone else have this issue and if so how what was your solution?

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #30075 on: December 07, 2019, 09:54:23 AM »
Skated these for a bit yesterday and they’re sooo good. So many little design features I appreciate all throughout the shoe, and while I heard that they can be stiff out the box, they really weren’t bad at all and broke in faster than the 4 pairs of 533v2’s I skated. Looking forward to getting some clips in these

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #30076 on: December 07, 2019, 10:32:20 AM »
Got these on sale from tactics a couple months ago. They're comfortable and suited for the work I do but there's one issue I'm having that keeps me from wearing them for extended periods of time. The heel of the right shoe digs into my achilles and over time gives me a blister, just from walking. I've had no problems with the left shoe which makes me think it's the way I walk that's causing it or they are slightly defective which is why they were on sale.

Anyone else have this issue and if so how what was your solution?

Put a couple bandaids on the part getting rubbed or try swapping insoles., a slightly different height might move you foot to where it’s not rubbing. Or higher socks could work too.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

BelknappBruiser

• Rep: 18
« Reply #30077 on: December 08, 2019, 12:55:19 PM »

Vans SK8-Hi Boot MTE DX 10.5

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #30078 on: December 08, 2019, 09:36:29 PM »

Vans SK8-Hi Boot MTE DX 10.5
These are sick right? I wear mine all the time since last winter, super stoked that Vans finally made a proper sneakerboot.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #30079 on: December 08, 2019, 11:59:51 PM »

Got these on sale at the Vans store at the mall for $39.95

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #30080 on: December 09, 2019, 12:35:54 PM »
Skated these for a bit yesterday and they’re sooo good. So many little design features I appreciate all throughout the shoe, and while I heard that they can be stiff out the box, they really weren’t bad at all and broke in faster than the 4 pairs of 533v2’s I skated. Looking forward to getting some clips in these

These might be the next ones I try. I just got some 440's in though so I should be good for a while. I watched the CCS video with Westgate where he outlined how they developed the shoe and how it went through a whole year of testing and tweaking. NB is really damn impressive if you ask me.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #30081 on: December 09, 2019, 04:51:17 PM »

Just got these last week on a black friday sale for $40. So far feel really comfortable out the box. I had a few pair of the Tiago S and they were super tight at first but eventually broke in where as with these they're super comfortable right out the box. Look forward to skating them
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1307
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #30082 on: December 09, 2019, 06:51:39 PM »

Matches your avatar. What are they?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

patrick c.

• Rep: 23
« Reply #30083 on: December 09, 2019, 06:59:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I copped the dark green ones from tactics about a week ago since Emerica didn't have my size. They're pretty nice and I just swapped the insoles to make it more comfy for longer shifts at work. But I did snag the deep purple/brown ones from Emerica bc of how cheap they were!!

How's the fit on these? Similar to Docs?
All you got is today, get out and skate.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #30084 on: December 09, 2019, 08:30:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Matches your avatar. What are they?
They're called the Bold Ni's. Replaced the insoles with some Footprints and they skate like a dream.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #30085 on: December 10, 2019, 06:21:20 AM »
Not my photo but I’m skating this color eS symbol.

Literally the worst lacing system I have ever experienced in my life. My lace holes weren’t cut right so it was super hard to get my laces through them. Then I accidentally put a lace through the wrong hole and had the hardest time ever trying to pull it back out. I almost tore apart the whole side panel trying to get the lace out. I almost ended up just cutting the lace but finally got it out after destroying my thumb.
Least board feel of all the shoes I skated in 2019.
Took the longest to break in out of all the shoes I skated this year.
Now that they are broken in, they are good and comfortable.
Probably won’t buy them again mainly because of the lace holes.
Also instead of tongue straps they have some weird thing where tongue straps should be and you HAVE to also put your laces through it. I had to rip that shit also because the holes also were not cut properly or big enough for the lace to go through. Giant pain in the ass.
eS pls how could you wrong me like this, your brand is part of my name :(
I really want the Accel OG red bodega next.

Edit: after about a week of ska to g they are fully broken in and they are comfy and board feel got way better.
Basically just the lace hole thing is my only gripe.
They are on par with Lynx OG and Etnies Czar and the width/puffy ness is between Lynx OG 2019 and Kalis Lite
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 08:18:21 AM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #30086 on: December 10, 2019, 07:13:44 AM »
I really want the Accel OG red bodega shoes next.
You are out of control

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #30087 on: December 10, 2019, 07:54:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You are out of control
Aren't we all?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #30088 on: December 10, 2019, 12:27:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You are out of control
but in a good way

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #30089 on: December 10, 2019, 10:53:47 PM »

they look rad! Not overly tech but you can tell they’ve got lots of interbalntechnif that makes sense? Would cop!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year