Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4531464 times)

BelknappBruiser

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 17
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #30090 on: December 11, 2019, 04:37:56 AM »
Expand Quote

Vans SK8-Hi Boot MTE DX 10.5
[close]
These are sick right? I wear mine all the time since last winter, super stoked that Vans finally made a proper sneakerboot.

Yeah, I’m excited to try them out! I appreciate the fact that they have some subtle “tech” features, while still looking pretty much like a regular skate shoe. Hopefully they will hold up for a couple of Michigan winters!

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
« Reply #30091 on: December 11, 2019, 06:47:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone have a pair of the Emerica Spanky Reserves who want to share thoughts on them? Or if anyone has handled a pair in person? They're super cheap on Emerica's website and I'm very tempted to grab a pair, but I've never seen a pair in real life and was wondering how they feel.
[close]

Emerica with probably the best deal all weekend. I snagged a pair of the deep purple/brown ones from the sale so ill let you know when they come in.
[close]

I copped the dark green ones from tactics about a week ago since Emerica didn't have my size. They're pretty nice and I just swapped the insoles to make it more comfy for longer shifts at work. But I did snag the deep purple/brown ones from Emerica bc of how cheap they were!!

[close]
How's the fit on these? Similar to Docs?

My partner is a sweetheart and got these for me from Emerica's sale :')

I'd say they run a little small. I normally wear a 10 in most shoes and a 9 in Docs. She got these in a 10 for me and my toes just barely hit the inside of the shoe. It's a little uncomfortable for long days, but I really like how they look and I'm still stoked on them. Would definitely recommend.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 06:50:14 PM by Made In China »

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #30092 on: December 11, 2019, 06:56:28 PM »
Gone off emerica site now too :(

The.Tran.Man

• Rep: -2
« Reply #30093 on: December 12, 2019, 10:19:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone have a pair of the Emerica Spanky Reserves who want to share thoughts on them? Or if anyone has handled a pair in person? They're super cheap on Emerica's website and I'm very tempted to grab a pair, but I've never seen a pair in real life and was wondering how they feel.
[close]

Emerica with probably the best deal all weekend. I snagged a pair of the deep purple/brown ones from the sale so ill let you know when they come in.
[close]

I copped the dark green ones from tactics about a week ago since Emerica didn't have my size. They're pretty nice and I just swapped the insoles to make it more comfy for longer shifts at work. But I did snag the deep purple/brown ones from Emerica bc of how cheap they were!!

[close]
I went TTS

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #30094 on: December 13, 2019, 02:30:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
I went TTS

A friend gifted me a pair in size 10.5 that were too small for him. I would not be able to walk in them if they were my usual size of 9.5. Definitely half a size smaller than the Spanky and Reynolds G6s I've skated in for the past year. Could be true to size depending on one's feet, I guess.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #30095 on: December 13, 2019, 09:01:29 PM »
Adidas NRTN hemp.. Feel the puff

7th Chamber

« Reply #30096 on: December 14, 2019, 06:37:25 AM »
Adidas NRTN hemp.. Feel the puff

Fuck yes.

ldmch11

• Rep: -4
« Reply #30097 on: December 14, 2019, 03:37:48 PM »
Picked up a pair of the Uprise half cab pros today. Seems a little lower than the standard ones and definitely less padding around the collar, feels pretty good.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #30098 on: December 14, 2019, 03:47:58 PM »
Picked up a pair of the Uprise half cab pros today. Seems a little lower than the standard ones and definitely less padding around the collar, feels pretty good.

look very nice.  a less padded tongue too?

ldmch11

• Rep: -4
« Reply #30099 on: December 14, 2019, 04:04:34 PM »
Thanks, yea tongue seems slimmed down as well. Not the biggest fan of the ultracush insoles but couldn't pass these up when I saw them in the shop.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #30100 on: December 15, 2019, 07:29:13 AM »

New Balance Numeric 440

I've been skating Dunks for the past year so the difference in flick is taking some getting used to. That being said these shoes are excellent. Quality simple cupsole. The board feel seems better than Dunks.

12/20 Edit: I'm getting used to the flick and really enjoying them. I love the board feel. I feel more in control on my board. The shark bite is REAL though. I'm not used to such a low profile shoe. I think I'm going to go for the 288 next since it has a little more ankle collar padding.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 07:46:13 AM by cricketclub »
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #30101 on: December 15, 2019, 05:36:13 PM »

goddamn these are incredible

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #30102 on: December 16, 2019, 10:41:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

goddamn these are incredible

I'm so jealous of these. I really wanted to pick up a pair, but I don't really need shoes.

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #30103 on: December 16, 2019, 06:27:39 PM »

8)
I wanna grab a pair of those. Normal cons 1/2 size down in those or true to size?

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #30104 on: December 23, 2019, 01:51:57 PM »

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #30105 on: December 23, 2019, 02:16:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Skated these for a bit yesterday and they’re sooo good. So many little design features I appreciate all throughout the shoe, and while I heard that they can be stiff out the box, they really weren’t bad at all and broke in faster than the 4 pairs of 533v2’s I skated. Looking forward to getting some clips in these

[close]
they look rad! Not overly tech but you can tell they’ve got lots of interbalntechnif that makes sense? Would cop!

Really wanna try a pair of these next time I see some available at the local. The "nuanced" tech shoe style goes a long way

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #30106 on: December 25, 2019, 10:32:10 AM »
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 02:09:50 PM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #30107 on: December 25, 2019, 04:51:04 PM »

I know I’ve asked you before but do still think these are the best option for a Reynolds Low fan? Do you consider them sized the same?

I’m on my last, bald sole pair of Lows and I tried a pair of these the other week and they felt kinda mushy - like my beat to shit old shoes. I liked the structure of the Lows and the higher heel drop.

I should have just bought them on the spot because I seem to hate everything else but they were full price and I didn’t have my insoles to see if they fit and the toe seemed more narrow.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #30108 on: December 26, 2019, 07:39:14 AM »
Third pair in a row.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #30109 on: December 26, 2019, 07:41:33 AM »
Expand Quote

8)
[close]
I wanna grab a pair of those. Normal cons 1/2 size down in those or true to size?

Def go half size down, Im normally a 9.5 in most shoes, got a 9 in these and they fit perfect. New cons insole is kinda ass, but luckily i had some lunarlons on ice and they make these shoes feel amazing

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #30110 on: December 26, 2019, 08:33:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I know I’ve asked you before but do still think these are the best option for a Reynolds Low fan? Do you consider them sized the same?

I’m on my last, bald sole pair of Lows and I tried a pair of these the other week and they felt kinda mushy - like my beat to shit old shoes. I liked the structure of the Lows and the higher heel drop.

I should have just bought them on the spot because I seem to hate everything else but they were full price and I didn’t have my insoles to see if they fit and the toe seemed more narrow.
I really don't have much to compare them to. I haven't skated in any shoe except Reynolds (lows then g6) for the last 6 or 7 years. I haven't tried them on, but the chris joslin etnies shoe seems very similar to the Reynolds lows. I'll probably try those or the marana once my Reynolds supply runs out. Still have another 4 pairs.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #30111 on: December 27, 2019, 08:00:23 AM »

7th Chamber

« Reply #30112 on: December 27, 2019, 09:10:45 AM »
Not even close.

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9958
« Reply #30113 on: December 27, 2019, 10:20:31 AM »
Half-Cab

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #30114 on: December 27, 2019, 11:09:59 AM »
Not even close.
Not remotely close to be even not even close.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30115 on: December 27, 2019, 06:32:54 PM »

Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #30116 on: December 27, 2019, 09:37:59 PM »

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 852
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #30117 on: December 28, 2019, 01:29:57 AM »
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30118 on: December 28, 2019, 01:58:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

are you gonna skate em?

Nah. Too pretty and rare. If it were up to me there would be general releases of the Aloha Super.

These do make me curious about skating some adidas so I wanna see which model has the closest shaped toe.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1296
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #30119 on: December 28, 2019, 07:18:17 AM »
^They look real nice. I'd try a pair if they were GR.

Judging by your preferences, maybe try on the Busenitz OG? The fit was weird for me but I liked their stability and support.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.