Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4525429 times)

bbk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #30150 on: January 07, 2020, 10:53:52 AM »
Expand Quote
I just don't get how you guy's love Nike so much. They're so boring. Fuck a Nike.
[close]

Expand Quote
I'm so happy with my wino g6 slips that I decided to get 4 more pairs.
[close]

Emerica is skateboarding, nike is not. Fuck a nike.

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #30151 on: January 07, 2020, 10:57:47 AM »
i appreciate bbk's continual crusade to keep skater owned companies alive and to throw salt on all corpo stuff but yeah, they're no more boring than any other shoe company that makes simple silhouettes
:) I must have been tripping last night

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #30152 on: January 07, 2020, 11:29:45 AM »
I can't believe Numeric would phase out such a dope shoe.

I can't wait to skate these

The 288 Sport is a really nice continuation, they feel so good

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #30153 on: January 07, 2020, 12:18:12 PM »
Emerica's quality control is shit. Over the last 2 years, I've had to send at least 10 pairs back because the right shoe was smaller than the left.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #30154 on: January 07, 2020, 12:32:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Emerica's quality control is shit. Over the last 2 years, I've had to send at least 10 pairs back because the right shoe was smaller than the left.

You mean you didn't just suffer for the culture to be core as fuck?
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 9
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #30155 on: January 07, 2020, 02:32:34 PM »
Honestly never had a dud with emerica, had it with Nike, vans, not adidas but not really worth the extra dosh. There isn't really a way to accurately tell which company is slipping on quality that isn't anecdotal as far as I'm aware. This isn't even getting into what's core, or otherwise ethical outside of skating, but I find the major brands super underwhelming/disappointing. I do wanna try NB# and maybe newer Adidas if I see some for cheap though. But any ways wino G6's might be my new fav shoe

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #30156 on: January 07, 2020, 03:35:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

You mean you didn't just suffer for the culture to be core as fuck?
I lol'ed so hard with that, and talking about that I messed up my back and Achilles tendon due to State...
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #30157 on: January 07, 2020, 03:43:12 PM »
I'm not on a core crusade, I just think nike sucks. I have more than 20 adidas, some Nb numeric, even some cons even tho they're owned by nike. nike just fucking sucks. Fuck a nike.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30158 on: January 07, 2020, 05:38:48 PM »
No more new shoes for a long time I swear. These look like tanks so that shouldn't be a problem.

Vans Ultrarange Pro II

I got a half size larger than my Dunk size for a perfect fit.

I cut the pull tabs off for a more classic, less sporty look.

I look forward to skating them. Awesome quality. Awesome toe box, tongue, and ankle collar. I bet the flick will be good.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 05:40:24 PM by cricketclub »
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1277
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #30159 on: January 07, 2020, 05:42:20 PM »
^I'll be curious as to how they hold up. My main problem with Vans lately has been how quickly they flop out and become unsupportive especially in relation to their price. I hope they work out. Keep us posted please.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #30160 on: January 07, 2020, 05:47:14 PM »
^I'll be curious as to how they hold up. My main problem with Vans lately has been how quickly they flop out and become unsupportive especially in relation to their price. I hope they work out. Keep us posted please.
Yeah. Do a lil mini review or something?
I'm curious about the midsole cuz broken old man..

Lashes2ashes

• Rep: 7
« Reply #30161 on: January 08, 2020, 11:35:56 PM »
do you mean the whole having to tie them so tight that the laces get super long? Because my last two pairs of vans did not do that. The ave and the new rowley rapidwelds. Also I was told they changed how the fabric is now so it does not stretch out near the laces.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30162 on: January 09, 2020, 05:58:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Impression after first session:

DAMN... are these are the best shoes I have ever skated? Prior to this first session I wore them all day for a couple days. These things are like tanks. They need to be broken in. The flick is so damn good. Helped me get my 360 flips back for tonight. My feet do not feel fatigued at all after the session which is mind blowing. Your feet really are protected in here and the impact absorption seems great. The outsole is amazing - I forgot how awesome waffle is. The toe shape is great and the duracap is both very functional and pleasing to look down at, As I said above, get a 1/2 size larger than your normal size. This model is best suited to a technical skater who prefers cupsoles. I think the typical fan of vans skate shoes would be thrown off by the feel. First sessions are never a good time to determine how good or bad the board feel of a cupsole is but it seemed good enough for me. I can tell it will improve drastically as I break them in more and wear down the waffle a bit.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #30163 on: January 09, 2020, 07:06:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

DAMN... are these are the best shoes I have ever skated? Prior to this first session I wore them all day for a couple days. These things are like tanks. They need to be broken in. The flick is so damn good. Helped me get my 360 flips back for tonight. My feet do not feel fatigued at all after the session which is mind blowing. Your feet really are protected in here and the impact absorption seems great. The outsole is amazing - I forgot how awesome waffle is. The toe shape is great and the duracap is both very functional and pleasing to look down at, As I said above, get a 1/2 size larger than your normal size. This model is best suited to a technical skater who prefers cupsoles. I think the typical fan of vans skate shoes would be thrown off by the feel. First sessions are never a good time to determine how good or bad the board feel of a cupsole is but it seemed good enough for me. I can tell it will improve drastically as I break them in more and wear down the waffle a bit.

tempting review. i really wish they looked better though :-\
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #30164 on: January 10, 2020, 05:03:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

compare to the 440? More bulk and snug? Higher cut? Support and cushion?

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30165 on: January 10, 2020, 06:09:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
compare to the 440? More bulk and snug? Higher cut? Support and cushion?

The snugness is going to depend on your foot shape. I found the 440 to be quite snug (I got 440 in my TTS, Ultrarange Pro II in .5 size larger). The Ultrarange Pro II is quite snug in the midfoot, very much so when you first put on the shoe. The ollie patch section of the Duracap was uncomfortable for me at first but I didn't worry about it because I realized it would mold to the shape of my foot - and it is. It makes the shoe feel very secure and provides some nice structure. It looks a little funny but damn it functions well.

The shoe is tough so I guess you could say bulky, but I wouldn't necessarily call it that due to its snug and sleek nature. It is definitely more substantial than the 440 by a long shot. However there doesn't seem to be any unnecessary material anywhere, everything has its place. The tongue is lightly padded. The ankle collar is padded just the right amount.

It is higher cut. The 440 was cut way too low for me. This shoe seems just right for a low top to me.

Support and cushion is phenomenal. The mid sole is amazing. I'm not sore from last night's session. That is insane to me (I'm 30 for reference.)

This shoe gives me a lot more confidence than the 440 did. The 440 was just a little too minimalist for me for skating. I still think the 440 is a cool sneaker.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 06:12:16 AM by cricketclub »

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #30166 on: January 10, 2020, 03:06:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

those look so much better on feet than in photos

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #30167 on: January 10, 2020, 03:46:11 PM »

<3

Have you skated these yet? I have the same pair

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
« Reply #30168 on: January 10, 2020, 05:46:42 PM »
Expand Quote

<3
[close]

Nope, I skated the keys and the sole hurt my lower back. Never skating states again, probably too low for me
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #30169 on: January 10, 2020, 06:36:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

<3
[close]

[close]
Nope, I skated the keys and the sole hurt my lower back. Never skating states again, probably too low for me

I swear the same thing happened to me dude! I’m not old enough (26) to be hurting like that. Then again my feet/posture has been so use to Reynolds G6 and cupsole lakais. Preciate the response, prolly give mine to some youngin at the park.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30170 on: January 10, 2020, 10:58:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

those look so much better on feet than in photos
numeric are good no matter what. The 288s is a must try

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
« Reply #30171 on: January 11, 2020, 03:23:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

<3
[close]

[close]
[close]

I swear the same thing happened to me dude! I’m not old enough (26) to be hurting like that. Then again my feet/posture has been so use to Reynolds G6 and cupsole lakais. Preciate the response, prolly give mine to some youngin at the park.
You're welcome. Sucks that apparently State's are good if you're a teenager :( I'm 34 and my lower back got super screwed up, also my Achilles tendon. I thought it might be the shoes because of timing, switched back to Ave pros and pain improved drastically. My tendon stopped hurting and my back is waaaaay better now
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Glurmpz

« Reply #30172 on: January 11, 2020, 06:24:17 PM »
Scored some Reeboks for cheap from the outlet in Carlsbad when I was just in California. Not bad for under $40. Been curious about skating Reeboks with this sole for a while - they usually have a different sole on all the Club C variants. Think this may be the Royal Techque T model. They feel pretty good on my board, though they do feel a bit cheap, compared to an average Sole Tech shoe for example.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7M9CEtFfTM/

primitive_rage

• Rep: 1
  • shut the fuck up
« Reply #30173 on: January 11, 2020, 09:17:00 PM »
skating some old skool pros right now but looking for something new. any recommendations? have skated most vans shoes and liked them all and have also skated blazers and the louie lopez shoe and like both as well

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #30174 on: January 12, 2020, 06:55:38 AM »
New year, new shoes

Those are pretty sick

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #30175 on: January 12, 2020, 08:06:37 AM »
I sliced a tongue loop into my eras because the tongue is always flopping down and laying on the insole when I go to put them on. Highly recommended move.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30176 on: January 12, 2020, 08:31:29 AM »
I sliced a tongue loop into my eras because the tongue is always flopping down and laying on the insole when I go to put them on. Highly recommended move.

good deal - never thought of that.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 12:15:35 PM by jay_nev »

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #30177 on: January 13, 2020, 09:51:37 PM »
Not me but my dad loves to do this thing where he stock piles shoes and wears them years later. He's been rocking these the part few months.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #30178 on: January 15, 2020, 04:45:13 PM »
did anyone get those matt rodriguez state shoes? Was curious to try but didnt want to end up with the wrong size, plus I tried the salem and my heel was slipping around everywhere
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #30179 on: January 16, 2020, 02:59:31 PM »
Not me but my dad loves to do this thing where he stock piles shoes and wears them years later. He's been rocking these the part few months.

i do the same..  what size shoe are you is your dad?