Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4534897 times)

the canadian suit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #30180 on: January 16, 2020, 07:06:47 PM »
did anyone get those matt rodriguez state shoes? Was curious to try but didnt want to end up with the wrong size, plus I tried the salem and my heel was slipping around everywhere

I got the brown. States 9.5 was usually a little snug on my feet so I got the 10 and they fit great with normal to thick socks, but def slip off my heels with thinner or smooth socks. They’re still super sick though, definitely a good looking shoe
I also got the theories collab bishop in a 9.5 and it fits great, doesn’t slip, enough toe room too. Kinda wish I got the vista in 9.5 too
p-shuvs and v-flips

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #30181 on: January 17, 2020, 02:53:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

<3
[close]

Have you skated these yet? I have the same pair
[close]
Nope, I skated the keys and the sole hurt my lower back. Never skating states again, probably too low for me
[close]

I swear the same thing happened to me dude! I’m not old enough (26) to be hurting like that. Then again my feet/posture has been so use to Reynolds G6 and cupsole lakais. Preciate the response, prolly give mine to some youngin at the park.
[close]
You're welcome. Sucks that apparently State's are good if you're a teenager :( I'm 34 and my lower back got super screwed up, also my Achilles tendon. I thought it might be the shoes because of timing, switched back to Ave pros and pain improved drastically. My tendon stopped hurting and my back is waaaaay better now

Wow, I'm surprised by how many similar complaints I've read on here lately because I've been skating in nothing but States for two years (I'm 32) and my experience is the complete opposite. Vans and Adidas shoes used to fuck up my feet (the design of some Vans models would give me tendinitis in both feet, and the lack of support in Adidas would frequently result in heel bruises and outbursts of bursitis). All of which progressively disappeared as soon as I made the switch.

The feel of State shoes reminds me of Sole Tech a lot, the inside is comfortable, the stitching etc. is minimal and you don't need to break the shoe in at all (I usually skate mine straight out of the box). For skating I find it perfect, but I usually don't walk around in skate shoes when I'm not skating (supposedly that's a terrible habit to have altogether that is likely to fuck you up in the long run). Also I never had the Keys (and generally distrust slip-ons for skating) so maybe that particular model sucked for all I know. I tend to stick to mid-tops these days in general.

Like I was saying in that other thread though, I love the Albany shoe (I actually have a funny cemetery of all my old pairs in a cupboard that I need to throw away), now that you have a pair I'd recommend at least giving them one go or two to see if it works for you because I really don't think it's a bad model at all (but you've probably gathered that by now).
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 02:55:07 AM by silhouette »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #30182 on: January 17, 2020, 02:58:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

<3
[close]

Have you skated these yet? I have the same pair
[close]
Nope, I skated the keys and the sole hurt my lower back. Never skating states again, probably too low for me
[close]

I swear the same thing happened to me dude! I’m not old enough (26) to be hurting like that. Then again my feet/posture has been so use to Reynolds G6 and cupsole lakais. Preciate the response, prolly give mine to some youngin at the park.
[close]
You're welcome. Sucks that apparently State's are good if you're a teenager :( I'm 34 and my lower back got super screwed up, also my Achilles tendon. I thought it might be the shoes because of timing, switched back to Ave pros and pain improved drastically. My tendon stopped hurting and my back is waaaaay better now
[close]

Wow, I'm surprised by how many similar complaints I've read on here lately because I've been skating in nothing but States for two years (I'm 32) and my experience is the complete opposite. Vans and Adidas shoes used to fuck up my feet (the design of some Vans models would give me tendinitis in both feet, and the lack of support in Adidas would frequently result in heel bruises and outbursts of bursitis). All of which progressively disappeared as soon as I made the switch.

The feel of State shoes reminds me of Sole Tech a lot, the inside is comfortable, the stitching etc. is minimal and you don't need to break the shoe in at all (I usually skate mine straight out of the box). For skating I find it perfect, but I usually don't walk around in skate shoes when I'm not skating (supposedly that's a terrible habit to have altogether that is likely to fuck you up in the long run). Also I never had the Keys (and generally distrust slip-ons for skating) so maybe that particular model sucked for all I know. I tend to stick to mid-tops these days in general.

Like I was saying in that other thread though, I love the Albany shoe (I actually have a funny cemetery of all my old pairs in a cupboard that I need to throw away), now that you have a pair I'd recommend at least giving them one go or two to see if it works for you because I really don't think it's a bad model at all (but you've probably gathered that by now).
Hopefully you're right about keys being "bad". I have the Albanys and Salem's. I'll give State another try in the future, now I'm way too comfortable with ave pros.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

FrostedPancake

• Rep: 0
« Reply #30183 on: January 17, 2020, 07:36:41 AM »

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #30184 on: January 17, 2020, 07:37:44 AM »
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #30185 on: January 17, 2020, 08:04:27 AM »
Custom orange labels?

FrostedPancake

« Reply #30186 on: January 17, 2020, 08:24:25 AM »
i just used some generic highlighters and rubbed it in with a damp cloth

« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 08:26:42 AM by shiftyflip »

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #30187 on: January 17, 2020, 12:22:23 PM »
Picked up a pair of Busenitz Pro's a few weeks back and my feet are killing me.
Do these things take forever to break in?
I haven't even skated them yet because I am trying to break them in but have worn them for probably around 1 and a half weeks.
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 99
« Reply #30188 on: January 18, 2020, 01:28:32 AM »
I haven't even skated them yet because I am trying to break them in but have worn them for probably around 1 and a half weeks.

Some time ago i bought a pair and was also wondering why they were killing my feet. It never got better and i sold them to a friend. I think they are not made to be worn by people with wide feet. Such a shame because i love how they look.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1306
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #30189 on: January 18, 2020, 01:40:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Some time ago i bought a pair and was also wondering why they were killing my feet. It never got better and i sold them to a friend. I think they are not made to be worn by people with wide feet. Such a shame because i love how they look.
I too had to sell my Busenitz because my feet are too narrow. I've always wanted to try and go up a size and see if that would work but there are too many other good options out there. It is a very dope looking shoe.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

FrostedPancake

« Reply #30190 on: January 18, 2020, 03:28:10 AM »
Not sure if my leather buzis are the same as the current pros but yes they took forever to break in but they did eventually. Was going to get rid of them but glad i suffered through the break in period cuz they look super sexy

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #30191 on: January 18, 2020, 07:54:14 AM »
Truly surprised. Been skating my first pair of Busenitz pros (was into Half Cabs and Accel Slims forever) and they broke in fast and feel amazing. Maybe it's the shape of my foot or my arches but they're perfect for me.

FrostedPancake

« Reply #30192 on: January 18, 2020, 08:40:26 AM »
Accel slims are tight in the pinkytoe area as well but they aren't nearly as stiff as the busenitz

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #30193 on: January 18, 2020, 08:46:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I too had to sell my Busenitz because my feet are too narrow. I've always wanted to try and go up a size and see if that would work but there are too many other good options out there. It is a very dope looking shoe.

had some busenitz rx vulcs, had to go a full size up.

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #30194 on: January 18, 2020, 12:13:03 PM »
I wore a pair of Buzenitz pros a half size up for the longest time. I wish I had gone a full size up, because they never felt good to my wide ass foot.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30195 on: January 18, 2020, 12:15:01 PM »
Guess my foot is sort of wide too bc I returned my pair right back to adidas

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #30196 on: January 19, 2020, 05:11:43 AM »
I like snug shoes, the busenitz is my favorite skate shoe.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1168
« Reply #30197 on: January 19, 2020, 05:54:19 AM »
I like snug shoes, the busenitz is my favorite skate shoe.
hardly art, hardly starving

switchbs180

« Reply #30198 on: January 19, 2020, 08:28:44 AM »

today I learned how to upload a image  ;D

first session in these. still a bit stiff, but so far so good.

wish ya'll a shalom sunday.

FrostedPancake

« Reply #30199 on: January 19, 2020, 12:05:23 PM »
shoes didnt look dumb enough so i made some pipecleaner laces to spice them up

Diamonds and Wood

• Rep: 2
« Reply #30200 on: January 19, 2020, 01:52:54 PM »
Came up in the Gustav samba ADVs for $15 new. I think I paid too much. They’re trash.

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #30201 on: January 19, 2020, 03:35:34 PM »
shoes didnt look dumb enough so i made some pipecleaner laces to spice them up

Watch this be an official Dunk color way next year.

FrostedPancake

« Reply #30202 on: January 19, 2020, 04:06:17 PM »

theres no way the dumbasses at nike can keep up with my intelligent designs

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1306
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #30203 on: January 19, 2020, 04:09:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

theres no way the dumbasses at nike can keep up with my intelligent designs

Pretty sure your phone is about to ring
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #30204 on: January 21, 2020, 08:39:53 AM »
I know how y'all feel about Straye here on Slap but these are honestly way more comfortable than all the vans slips I've ever had

« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 01:21:38 PM by CrimsonGhost »
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30205 on: January 21, 2020, 09:10:06 AM »
I know how y'all feel about Straye here on Slap but these are honestly way more comfortable than all the vans slips I've ever had

not sure ive seen a bigger picture, ever.

gotta throw this to resize "img width=400" in brackets in the first tag

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #30206 on: January 21, 2020, 01:29:19 PM »
skating the red/grey ones right now, then the blacks and then the whites. probably will get more if i can find em on sale. amazing cupsole.

Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #30207 on: January 21, 2020, 02:13:10 PM »

I dig em

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #30208 on: January 21, 2020, 05:17:19 PM »
skating the red/grey ones right now, then the blacks and then the whites. probably will get more if i can find em on sale. amazing cupsole.

Very sick - the whites especially

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #30209 on: January 21, 2020, 06:25:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Very sick - the whites especially
Anyone know how to tell if they're suede or leather besides zooming in on pics?
White is always leather? LE is leather?
What's up with S and SE?

Do the colorways with fabric side panels (like those black/cameo ones) feel less supportive/rigid in the heel area? Do they loosen up more there over time?