Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 3885408 times)

Seventyfrigginseven

• Rep: 125
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #31740 on: September 12, 2020, 03:54:39 PM »
Expand Quote

Missed the gum soles in my size, but can't beat Club C's for 34 bucks.
[close]

True to size?
Yessir.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #31741 on: September 15, 2020, 08:22:33 AM »
Page 1058 has to have the record for "Most Cuffs on a Page"

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #31742 on: September 15, 2020, 11:47:23 AM »
Page 1058 has to have the record for "Most Cuffs on a Page"

Yeah! We want more shorts with little baby ankle socks

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -10056
« Reply #31743 on: September 16, 2020, 03:54:28 PM »
All black Crocket highs
BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

Zmatthews94

• Rep: 0
« Reply #31744 on: September 18, 2020, 02:51:08 PM »
adp? i dont give a shit

today: SK8 MIDS

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #31745 on: September 21, 2020, 10:13:44 AM »

Loving these so far.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -137
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31746 on: September 22, 2020, 04:19:08 AM »
Anybody tried Adidas Puig yet?

Diocletian

• Rep: 27
« Reply #31747 on: September 22, 2020, 07:58:44 AM »
I'm on a slip-on kick. First two pairs ever were the Lakai Owen VLK at the beginning of this summer, then I tried the Emerica Wino G6 slips and the outsole is trash. Now I'm back on a fresh pair of Owen's. Feel broken in almost instantly and last a good while. I'll stick with these as long as they make them.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
« Reply #31748 on: September 22, 2020, 08:18:37 AM »
After giving up on the Fastbreaks, I tried out these DC Kalis.

I have a nice size bunion on my right big toe. Got it from a slam 7 or 8 years ago. While wearing Busenitz Pro. So I can't ever wear those again. My feet are also fairly wide.
Anyway, I always wear my skate shoes around work for a couple weeks to break them in. Got these Kalis in my regular size, 9.5. The length was fine. Just a little tight on the sides. Especially the old bunion.
They look really cool. I thought with only 3 lace loops, there might be an issue keeping the shoe tight. But the tongue is all part of the shoe. Very tech. I could actually wear these as a slip on without the laces and they would stay on my foot.
I wanted to like these. But it just wasn't happening. The sole is really soft and too thin for me in the forefoot. This was great for flatground. But my old ass feet need more protection. Especially if I want to jump. The collar is really low around the ankle. For the 2 weeks I skated these, both outside ankle bones had bloody scabs.
I was going to just deal with it and skate them. I have this weird sense of guilt about wasting money. Maybe from growing up kind of poor. But I convinced myself that the well being of my feet is worth more than the $45 I spent on these. And if I were to get hurt in them and not be able to skate for some period of time, I would have been so pissed at myself. I gave them to a friend and he was stoked.
I had been planning to skate a pair of Tyshawns next. Been wearing them around work for a few weeks. But they are still pinching on my bunion. Might end up buying a shoe stretcher for them.
So instead I busted out these Joslins that I've been saving for a while. And I'm so glad I did. I've never had a shoe fit my foot so perfectly, ever. Like a glove, as they say. I only wore them around work for 2 days before skating them. The first day of skating was wild. No feeling. And really squeaky soles. But by the second session, they broke in, no more squeak. I'm loving them. All the support and protection I need. I've found my next shoe! I'm going to try not to, but if need be I would totally pay the $80 retail. I already signed up for an Etnies email list for 20% off first order and got 4 more pairs. I really hope now that the Joslin 2 is out they still keep the 1 around. I've already been skating them for 3 weeks and hardly any signs of wear. They'll easily last me 3 months or more.
 @Willie I remember you were looking for the Reynolds low replacement. This is it!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 12:54:55 PM by handsclapanin »

Glurmpz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 323
« Reply #31749 on: September 22, 2020, 10:28:27 AM »

So instead I busted out these Joslins that I've been saving for a while. And I'm so glad I did. I've never had a shoe fit my foot so perfectly, ever. Like a glove, as they say. I only wore them around work for 2 days before skating them. The first day of skating was wild. No feeling. And really squeaky soles. But by the second session, they broke in, no more squeak. I'm loving them. All the support and protection I need. I've found my next shoe! I'm going to try not to, but if need be I would totally pay the $80 retail. I already signed up for an Etnies email list for 20% off first order and got 4 more pairs. I really hope now that the Joslin 2 is out they still keep the 1 around. I've already been skating them for 3 weeks and hardly any signs of wear. They'll easily last me 3 months or more.
 @Willie I remember you were looking for the Reynolds low replacement. This is it!

I really wanted to skate the Joslin's, but tried the Veer first cause the all brown colorway was on for $33 (Canadian, which is like $25 US) through the distributor so I grabbed them to try out the Michelin sole. Unfortunately it's too thick for me, even after literally sanding down the sole at home to try and make it thinner, I had no board feel... and that was after 4 days of trying to skate them. I think I took about 1/3 of the sole off sanding them and it didn't seem to make any difference in the feel. Just rock hard. So I guess that means any of the shoes with that sole are a no-go for me, which is too bad because I really like how the original Joslin looks, and the Veer. Also, my father worked for Michelin his whole life and I already sent him some Score's with that sole, so I was really hoping I'd like them. I still wear the veers as chillers or when I take the cruiser out to the store in hopes the sole will soften up but haven't had any luck. Zero board feel months later.

I think I prefer cupsoles that are on the thin side. The Es' Accel Slim with the good insole is perfect for me, and that shoe's sole is actually thinner than some vulc shoes. Skating the Supra Elevates now and their sole is thinner too. I loved the SLB 97's. The first Figgy shoe was rad but with the Dose I was in the same boat as the Michelin soles - too thick with no board feel - and I've been wearing those Dose a lot as chillers for 2 years now. No change.

Stoked for you that the Joslin seems to work - actually make that jealous, lol. Now go get some retribution on that kinked hubba! ;)

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
« Reply #31750 on: September 22, 2020, 12:14:48 PM »
Birkenstocks w white socks  8)
It's only your local kook jock surfers who rag on bodyboarders, everyone else knows they charge.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #31751 on: September 22, 2020, 02:06:39 PM »
I'd like to say I believe it but no picture..

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 273
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #31752 on: September 22, 2020, 03:52:34 PM »
Anybody tried Adidas Puig yet?

Just got my pair today. Might skate it this week.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

YungJugg

• Rep: 28
« Reply #31753 on: September 22, 2020, 04:08:15 PM »

I have a nice size bunion on my right big toe. Got it from a slam 7 or 8 years ago. While wearing Busenitz Pro. So I can't ever wear those again. My feet are also fairly wide.[/img]

Can you really get a bunion from one slam? I always blame mine on repeatedly jumping down an 8 set with shitty blown out vulcs as a kid but Im not too sure. Bunions suck, mines slowly but surely getting worse. The Kalis S supported it for a while but the ball of my foot area is starting to give up in the sole.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
« Reply #31754 on: September 22, 2020, 07:20:34 PM »
Expand Quote
I have a nice size bunion on my right big toe. Got it from a slam 7 or 8 years ago. While wearing Busenitz Pro. So I can't ever wear those again. My feet are also fairly wide.[/img]
[close]

Can you really get a bunion from one slam?
I always blame mine on repeatedly jumping down an 8 set with shitty blown out vulcs as a kid but Im not too sure. Bunions suck, mines slowly but surely getting worse. The Kalis S supported it for a while but the ball of my foot area is starting to give up in the sole.
Yes! It was a really awkward slam where my whole body weight was on the outside of my big toe. Bent it in a way it's not supposed to move. I instantly knew I was fucked. Kept me off the board for a couple months. And coming back was really painful. It's on my back foot, so pushing really hurt. I had to adopt a more flat footed push just to survive. And I've had a bunion ever since.
I actually bought a bunion corrector online recently. Doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1173
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #31755 on: September 22, 2020, 09:16:15 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
« Reply #31756 on: September 23, 2020, 07:25:04 AM »

Tate, how is sizing? TTS? Haven't picked up Vans in a while, looking to order these tonight.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1173
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #31757 on: September 23, 2020, 01:16:54 PM »
Yeah. Perfect true to size. Same with the lows.

I want it right where my toes are. Nice toe cap shape. A little different compared to the lows.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

yourbreakfsat

• Rep: 65
« Reply #31758 on: September 23, 2020, 04:54:15 PM »

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
  • Dopeness
« Reply #31759 on: September 23, 2020, 05:47:54 PM »
the white S quattro, they're dope.

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31760 on: September 24, 2020, 10:44:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I'd like to say I believe it but no picture..

I got you on a picture next time, but for now...

Alltimers sk8 mid samples
It's only your local kook jock surfers who rag on bodyboarders, everyone else knows they charge.

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 22
« Reply #31761 on: September 24, 2020, 10:57:58 AM »
I just got these in the mail, I kinda feel like an orderly at an asylum, or Freddy Mercury at Live AID. I need to get them dirty and maybe fill in the stripes

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31762 on: September 24, 2020, 11:00:54 AM »
I just got these in the mail, I kinda feel like an orderly at an asylum, or Freddy Mercury at Live AID. I need to get them dirty and maybe fill in the stripes

Those are so clean, Id just throw in some black laces and skate them, filling in the stripes would fuck me up

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 22
« Reply #31763 on: September 24, 2020, 12:14:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Those are so clean, Id just throw in some black laces and skate them, filling in the stripes would fuck me up

dang really? i kinda think doing the stripes like a stan smith green would look sick

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31764 on: September 24, 2020, 12:19:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

dang really? i kinda think doing the stripes like a stan smith green would look sick

I definitely agree that the stripes would look sick colored, but once the color starts to fade that when it would fuck me up, Id have to color them in after every session

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #31765 on: September 24, 2020, 07:58:46 PM »

Oh shit! I was just thinking about trying to get a hold of some Maranas but maybe I need to try these first.

Good looking out, man! Thank you!

pops

• Rep: -7
« Reply #31766 on: September 25, 2020, 10:29:47 PM »
Can someone advice with Cons LL's fit? I had One Star CC before in my own size and they maybe a little narrow and just a bit long, but 1/2size smaller was too tight. Is it going to be same with LL's?

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #31767 on: September 25, 2020, 11:02:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I definitely agree that the stripes would look sick colored, but once the color starts to fade that when it would fuck me up, Id have to color them in after every session
you might wanna start with getting your pants hemmed

Gumption

• Rep: 0
« Reply #31768 on: September 28, 2020, 08:06:15 AM »
Can someone advice with Cons LL's fit? I had One Star CC before in my own size and they maybe a little narrow and just a bit long, but 1/2size smaller was too tight. Is it going to be same with LL's?

The Louies are kind of slim, but half size down from normal size is a perfect fit for me. I have skated 6 pairs in a row now

burn_to_live

• Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
« Reply #31769 on: September 28, 2020, 08:29:31 AM »
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx