Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4230653 times)

ramplocal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 53
  • poser
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #33300 on: January 15, 2022, 08:45:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
sorry i'm too colorblind for this pic, are these the all grey 1010s or the new green/grey 1010s?
[close]

Those are the Grey Day 1010ís, one of the best colorways. Insoles say ďAmigos e FamiliaĒ on the inside
Just got this colorway, so sick, cosign

Pbn_jake

• Rep: 4
« Reply #33301 on: January 15, 2022, 01:59:04 PM »
Expand Quote

Absolutely hated them the first hour I skated in them but theyíve grown on me
[close]

Are these Vans Wayvees? Why didn't you like em?

They are indeed. I went from the crockett hi to these and the initial board feel wasnít there

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 149
« Reply #33302 on: January 15, 2022, 08:09:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Got these Alexis Purcellís that feel great on foot being a mid
And these Xlarge dress pants go!

[close]
Want these so bad! Love white cons.
[close]

On sale for $65 but only sizes 8 to 10

https://shop.atlasskateboarding.com/collections/all/products/converse-jack-purcell-pro-mid-3

Yeah, I got mine on sale too. Which made me like them even more

Seventyfuhkinseven

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 465
« Reply #33303 on: January 16, 2022, 07:42:05 PM »

Some Kalis S I wore for work, but I am going to try to clean up the mesh and fabrics tomorrow.

*Shoes in house only because Monday AM it gets a Douching.
What's the word?
Tell me brother, have you heard
From Johannesburg?

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #33304 on: January 16, 2022, 08:58:27 PM »

Cons checkpoint pros

Had these under the bed. Got them from the sale gear thread last year about lol. Good price so canít complain too much. Sole balds kinda quick but itís ok. Tore them trying to put them on without untying the laces. Been Got 550s on too lol shout out team 550s

nothing's been the since same

SchizophrenicFatBoy

« Reply #33305 on: January 17, 2022, 11:44:18 AM »

Blazer Court (Daan colorway)

tight around the toes with a bit of heel slip. I might have to use the top eyelets when I skate them.

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -145
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #33306 on: January 17, 2022, 06:48:35 PM »
Gonna try these out in a few

Skated these a couple times and theyíre definitely a shoe for you ďI want a cupsole that feels like a vulcĒ ass niggas

They have the react cushioning in the heel, but overall they are a very slim shoe even throughout the upper and heel collar. The top of the tongue is padded more than average though. If you take the midsole out, the shoe is comparable to an es accel slim in terms of padding throughout the upper. You can easily fold the whole shit in half without the midsole

Theyíre solid on foot but I prefer the 1010ís, which are like my perfect shoe all around. I want my cupsoles to have boardfeel, but still be padded in the forefoot. Iím not a fan of really padded heels with paper-thin forefoot cushioning but thatís just me. I will say the grip is excellent.

Theyíre basically slimmed down dunks with a hybrid vulc sole, which may be the perfect shoe for some, but not me. They do flick well and have great boardfeel so if thatís what youíre looking for, Iíd recommend.

I donít want this to sound like Iím overly critical of the shoe, I just knew immediately that I prefer skating the 1010s. I was super trash the first time I skated these to the point where my ollies werenít even straight. Skated my tiagos the next day and went ham. I had a much better go in the second session and skated great, but I miss the tank-like feel of the tiagos and having a more padded structure around my foot

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #33307 on: January 18, 2022, 01:06:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Gonna try these out in a few

[close]

Skated these a couple times and theyíre definitely a shoe for you ďI want a cupsole that feels like a vulcĒ ass niggas

They have the react cushioning in the heel, but overall they are a very slim shoe even throughout the upper and heel collar. The top of the tongue is padded more than average though. If you take the midsole out, the shoe is comparable to an es accel slim in terms of padding throughout the upper. You can easily fold the whole shit in half without the midsole

Theyíre solid on foot but I prefer the 1010ís, which are like my perfect shoe all around. I want my cupsoles to have boardfeel, but still be padded in the forefoot. Iím not a fan of really padded heels with paper-thin forefoot cushioning but thatís just me. I will say the grip is excellent.

Theyíre basically slimmed down dunks with a hybrid vulc sole, which may be the perfect shoe for some, but not me. They do flick well and have great boardfeel so if thatís what youíre looking for, Iíd recommend.

I donít want this to sound like Iím overly critical of the shoe, I just knew immediately that I prefer skating the 1010s. I was super trash the first time I skated these to the point where my ollies werenít even straight. Skated my tiagos the next day and went ham. I had a much better go in the second session and skated great, but I miss the tank-like feel of the tiagos and having a more padded structure around my foot

Nice review Will! not into that shoe, but interesting to hear what they tried to do with that model

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #33308 on: January 18, 2022, 05:13:07 AM »

tight around the toes with a bit of heel slip. I might have to use the top eyelets when I skate them.

Itís hilarious Daanís shoe shows up on the same page as ďgay propagandaĒ shoes

(Obviously his words not mine, in case you missed that whole thing)

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 105
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33309 on: January 18, 2022, 01:02:05 PM »
Yeah, I agree. They're a bit narrow in the forefoot, and a tad too flimsy for me. I prefer my dunks, spankys, or gammas.

Skrotum

• Rep: 5
« Reply #33310 on: January 19, 2022, 09:47:57 AM »
Adidas forum low

Velcro Wallet

« Reply #33311 on: January 19, 2022, 01:22:51 PM »
I think they feel great. Only problem is sizing. I wish they came in half sizes here (aus) but they donít. 11.5 would be perfect but I got 12ís just because I didnít wanna risk going a full size down with 11ís.
I havenít skated them yet but I can tell they would be fuxking great!

My initially goal was to get the olives but they sold out here. Iím glad I got the red. Both the black/white white/blue ones look gross imo. And Iím a staunch white shoe fan.

8.5/10

Velcro Wallet

« Reply #33312 on: January 19, 2022, 01:26:54 PM »

These shoes fit crazy too. I had to put an extra innersole in mine

hobochimp

• Rep: 95
« Reply #33313 on: January 19, 2022, 04:06:36 PM »
Adidas forum low

Have these same forums such good quality. Iíve skated them a fair bit and they show little signs of wear

Skrotum

• Rep: 5
« Reply #33314 on: January 20, 2022, 05:23:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Adidas forum low

[close]

Have these same forums such good quality. Iíve skated them a fair bit and they show little signs of wear
Yeah they really used some nice suede and leather on this colorway i wish I would've grabbed a few more pairs.

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 70
« Reply #33315 on: January 20, 2022, 07:08:06 AM »
First time skating my Force 58s last night. Initial impression is that they skate really good.
I have a flat foot so the minimal support is spot on for me. The tongue stays in place nicely allowing my feet and ankles to feel really stable. I didnít have the ďnew shoes bluesĒ feeling that many cupsoles tend to have. The flick is spot on without my toes feeling cramped. Grip is great too. At this price point I really hope these stay in the lineup and I will definitely get these again.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • HI8VHS avatar image
« Reply #33316 on: January 20, 2022, 06:53:41 PM »
I think they feel great. Only problem is sizing. I wish they came in half sizes here (aus) but they donít. 11.5 would be perfect but I got 12ís just because I didnít wanna risk going a full size down with 11ís.

My initially goal was to get the olives but they sold out here. Iím glad I got the red. Both the black/white white/blue ones look gross imo. And Iím a staunch white shoe fan.

8.5/10
This fit looks like youíre about to backside flip an old couch to the tune of STOMP by Young Buck

Velcro Wallet

« Reply #33317 on: January 20, 2022, 10:15:28 PM »
Expand Quote

8.5/10
[close]
This fit looks like youíre about to backside flip an old couch to the tune of STOMP by Young Buck

That might be the best compliment Iíve ever gotten. Thanks!! Haha

Baglady

• Rep: -3
« Reply #33318 on: January 24, 2022, 05:55:25 PM »

thatís a dope color way mane

daewonbong3000

• Rep: 2
« Reply #33319 on: January 25, 2022, 03:38:53 PM »
Question for anyone who has skated the ishods

Just got mine in the mail today. Went tts, perfect length but really tight in the forefoot. Do they stretch out at all?

Underpressureflips

• Rep: 23
« Reply #33320 on: January 26, 2022, 02:38:43 PM »

From the vault

Velcro Wallet

« Reply #33321 on: January 27, 2022, 12:58:10 PM »
They had them at my outlet. So cut I didnít grab a pair. Was the white/grey ones too

Velcro Wallet

« Reply #33322 on: January 27, 2022, 01:01:26 PM »
Been wearing these Palace Puigs lately. Such a great shoe design

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #33323 on: January 27, 2022, 02:46:48 PM »
New favorite colorway, I love these so much

Lukabrazi

• Rep: 94
« Reply #33324 on: January 27, 2022, 02:58:32 PM »
been cold around here the last few weeks but with melting snow everywhere. been mostly wearing these. merrell waterproof boots, really comfortable.

zozu

• Rep: 40
« Reply #33325 on: January 28, 2022, 07:53:20 PM »
First NB#, couldn't resist the colorway.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • Zmorgf Skateboards avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33326 on: January 28, 2022, 08:43:40 PM »

First NB# too! Same model as well  8)

New Balance Numeric 440 Hi

These are weirdly very comfy, maybe too much so but I guess I'm just not used to it.

This is now a New Balance page

Seventyfuhkinseven

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 465
« Reply #33327 on: January 28, 2022, 08:51:55 PM »
A 10.5 in a dunk fits perfect would the 440 be a 10.5 for me as well? I appreciate any K-nowledge
What's the word?
Tell me brother, have you heard
From Johannesburg?

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • Zmorgf Skateboards avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33328 on: January 29, 2022, 04:21:46 PM »
A 10.5 in a dunk fits perfect would the 440 be a 10.5 for me as well? I appreciate any K-nowledge

I'm not too sure unfortunately. I'm a size 9 in Nike (haven't tried Dunks though), Vans, Adidas, and Lakai. These size 9  440s fit nice but I feel like I could've gone down to 8.5 without too much issue as these shoes feel secure but seemingly still have room in them, especially in the toe area.

zozu

• Rep: 40
« Reply #33329 on: January 29, 2022, 09:34:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

First NB# too! Same model as well  8)

New Balance Numeric 440 Hi

These are weirdly very comfy, maybe too much so but I guess I'm just not used to it.

This is now a New Balance page

Nice! Im digging the stripe on the tongue. I was also surprised how comfy they are when I put them on,  pretty much used to forcing Vans etc to conform to my foot when these feel like the exact opposite.

I wear an 8 in Dunks and got the same for 440s, the 440s feel a lil roomier but not so much that I would need to size down. Not sure if this helps in any way as my feet measure like a 9 but I buy 8s to get a snug fit.