Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4524962 times)

Pastasash

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 61
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #33960 on: December 07, 2022, 07:01:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Do anyone else’s Half Cab 92s absolutely destroy their ankles? Trying to skate the blue 30th anniversary ones out the box and they’re fucking my feet up so much. Had tons of Cabs over the years and this has never been an issue. The collar is just so fucking stiff.
[close]
Something was wrong with those blue 92s. I've had like 10 or more of the Skate Half Cabs and those felt stiff and tight when I put them on and never really broke in. To be fair, I gave up after the 3rd wear and they've just been sitting. Other people didn't seem to have a problem with them but the pair I had definitely felt off.

Yeah I had the Beef and Broccoli ones and the collars were super stiff and uncomfortable for me, even after like 10 seshs in them they just never felt comfortable for me. Ended up handing them off

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 410
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33961 on: December 07, 2022, 03:56:26 PM »
Kalis vulc mids (black on black), just put better insoles in and thank me later. Minimal to no break-in time. I liked them so much I bought three pairs, might buy more.

I have the lows. What insole did you use?

Terminal

« Reply #33962 on: December 08, 2022, 01:13:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Kalis vulc mids (black on black), just put better insoles in and thank me later. Minimal to no break-in time. I liked them so much I bought three pairs, might buy more.
[close]

I actually shaved the arch and heel support pads off the factory insole so they were flat, put them back in and then put a broken in, really high quality DC insole I have from who knows when, straight on top. Bit of an experiment, and sounds like you would lose sensation from too much insole thickness, but it really worked a treat. Shoe fits exactly the same, no tightness/discomfort. I'll do the same with the other pairs as I get to them.

Thanks Kalis, very happy to give you coin..

Richard Skidder

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33963 on: December 08, 2022, 06:54:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I actually shaved the arch and heel support pads off the factory insole so they were flat, put them back in and then put a broken in, really high quality DC insole I have from who knows when, straight on top. Bit of an experiment, and sounds like you would lose sensation from too much insole thickness, but it really worked a treat. Shoe fits exactly the same, no tightness/discomfort. I'll do the same with the other pairs as I get to them.

Thanks Kalis, very happy to give you coin..

Thanks for the response. I’ll have to go a different route myself given I don’t have the same materials as you. For now they are working fine as a walk around/cruiser shoe for me.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #33964 on: December 09, 2022, 03:08:22 AM »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

typeischeap

• Rep: 106
« Reply #33965 on: December 09, 2022, 06:18:13 AM »
As I mentioned on another thread, these are GREEEN in the sun. I think I'm done with my shoe budget for the year.

Dad or bro? LOL.

Unapologetic shoes and gear nerd deep into my 3rd era of skateboarding every day.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #33966 on: December 09, 2022, 06:46:05 AM »
As I mentioned on another thread, these are GREEEN in the sun. I think I'm done with my shoe budget for the year.

Dad or bro? LOL.

Been seeing these alot on IG but couldn't tell if I really liked them since there's no real on foot pics out there. Those look so good my man, and have convinced me to grab a pair asap.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #33967 on: December 11, 2022, 08:19:28 AM »
I'm a creature of habit.

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #33968 on: December 11, 2022, 09:05:40 AM »

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #33969 on: December 11, 2022, 04:21:28 PM »

Picked up a pair of Kalis lites to replace the ones I’m
currently skating
I like this color a lot more than I thought I would.

fergus

• Rep: 45
« Reply #33970 on: December 11, 2022, 09:40:36 PM »
I'm a creature of habit.

Soo jealous! Want to buy a few pairs of these but I don't think they're coming out in Australia.

finecojeffe

• Rep: 126
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #33971 on: December 12, 2022, 05:25:11 AM »
Picked up a pair of the POP x Vans Agah's on sale recently after wanting a pair since I last had some brown Agah's back in 94. I'd say they are pretty good reissues, but the padding around the collar is way too thick. Fit is true to size, I just wish they weren't as bulky...I don't recall them being bulky in any way back in the day.

Richard Skidder

« Reply #33972 on: December 12, 2022, 10:25:10 AM »
KALIS Vulc that I use as chillers/occasionally skate.

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 115
« Reply #33973 on: December 14, 2022, 10:14:50 AM »

daewonbong3000

• Rep: 10
« Reply #33974 on: December 19, 2022, 05:35:47 PM »

Just skated these for the first time today, really into them. Toe looks very Jordan 1 from the top, wasn't expecting that haha

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #33975 on: December 20, 2022, 01:42:41 AM »
^ I'm skating that exact colorway right now and they're phenomenal!

Comfort, flick, looks, and support are all present in these! They did a solid remaster of the KSL 1 in my opinion.

The dunk/Jordan toebox similarity without spending dunk/Jordan $$$ feels good too
Super Champion Fun Zone

Alexactly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • RIP
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33976 on: December 20, 2022, 10:50:07 AM »

Popped some dark green laces into my 1010s, feels much nicer to me. This is a top 5 shoe ive ever skated, easily.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #33977 on: December 20, 2022, 11:45:25 AM »
^ I'm skating that exact colorway right now and they're phenomenal!

Comfort, flick, looks, and support are all present in these! They did a solid remaster of the KSL 1 in my opinion.

The dunk/Jordan toebox similarity without spending dunk/Jordan $$$ feels good too

I tried to be Reynolds today and put some
Popcush insoles in the ksl, don’t really recommend it, made my foot sit too high in the shoe. My halfcabs are almost fully torched so looks like Ima be skating my ksls here very soon.

Jebediah

• Rep: 110
« Reply #33978 on: December 21, 2022, 07:03:53 PM »

I keep wanting to get a pair of these but I have a hard time getting past SPANKY on the tongue haha.

FirstBlood82

« Reply #33979 on: December 21, 2022, 07:43:43 PM »

I keep wanting to get a pair of these but I have a hard time getting past SPANKY on the tongue haha.

Haha, yeah that is pretty bad. Not a fan of the suede maybe its vegan. Flip through it first session everytime… gamma g6 last way longer
Sole is 10/10
Always run them with the extra g6 insole so my knee dont hurt

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #33980 on: December 21, 2022, 08:01:45 PM »
I’m also skating those ksl in white. They are on sale right now for really cheap on the emerica site. I’d grab another pair but I have gammas up next to skate

Jebediah

• Rep: 110
« Reply #33981 on: December 21, 2022, 08:42:06 PM »
I wonder which color way has the best materials. The Emerica site says the white ones are suede/action leather, the black/white with green sole is suede/nubuck and the all black with gumsole is synthetic/vegan. I really like the black/gumsole but didn't realize it doesn't have suede.

Good to hear it has a nice sole, I've been skating Emerica vulcs and I like them aside from collecting rocks in the tread. I've been wanting to skate more cupsoles but it's hard to find ones that fit well.

They've been having some good deals on the site for sure, I ordered a bunch of stuff from them this year. I'm tempted to get the green sole one but I'd have to get another pair for free shipping and I already have summer's shoes squared away.

FirstBlood82

« Reply #33982 on: December 21, 2022, 09:31:47 PM »
I wonder which color way has the best materials. The Emerica site says the white ones are suede/action leather, the black/white with green sole is suede/nubuck and the all black with gumsole is synthetic/vegan. I really like the black/gumsole but didn't realize it doesn't have suede.

Good to hear it has a nice sole, I've been skating Emerica vulcs and I like them aside from collecting rocks in the tread. I've been wanting to skate more cupsoles but it's hard to find ones that fit well.

They've been having some good deals on the site for sure, I ordered a bunch of stuff from them this year. I'm tempted to get the green sole one but I'd have to get another pair for free shipping and I already have summer's shoes squared away.
Skated the black/green too and the suede is just as bad, always end up glueing them after the first session

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 100
« Reply #33983 on: December 22, 2022, 08:41:36 AM »
First day wearing 1010s. Snug fit, glovelike so far. Ordered regular size. Pretty true fit.
Feel good for sitting in a training session but hoping to get a session tomorrow.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33984 on: December 22, 2022, 12:09:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Skated the black/green too and the suede is just as bad, always end up glueing them after the first session

I've skated Gamma G6 a bit and the two non-vegan versions of the KSL G6. All three have good quality suede in my opinion. I flick a lot and kinda hard with the front of my foot. Had none of these stitching/suede issues some have described.

I'll post photos when I get a chance of my white KSL to show how solid it's been over the last month and a half (not skating every day sadly...) for me.
I'm eager to skate the vegan ones I ordered recently to see how those fare, too.

The white suede and action leather seems to be the most comfortable so far. The black suede and nubuck one is comfortable but the nubuck (as we recall from early 2000s shoes) can be a little weird with how it wears over time. I'm interested to see if the nubuck actually holds up and doesn't do weird cracking/flaking that the material can sometimes do
Super Champion Fun Zone

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33985 on: December 22, 2022, 12:36:21 PM »

Thanks for the hookup on these Mitch!
Hyped to skate a pair of these , especially since they’re already broken in!

lildonut92

« Reply #33986 on: December 23, 2022, 06:42:22 AM »

I feel like my pants aren’t baggy enough for these shoes but damn they look nice. The urge is strong to buy a pair strictly for skating.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33987 on: December 23, 2022, 08:38:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I feel like my pants aren’t baggy enough for these shoes but damn they look nice. The urge is strong to buy a pair strictly for skating.
I don’t wear super baggies just regular fit, straight cut, whatever it’s called, they look fine. Treat yo self. Got to skate these for a second yesterday, felt really nice.

lildonut92

« Reply #33988 on: December 23, 2022, 05:47:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Just skated these for the first time today, really into them. Toe looks very Jordan 1 from the top, wasn't expecting that haha

Just ordered these because they were on sale. Also ordered a pair of the regular Spanky g6. He’s one of my favorites so I’m down to support. How’s the grip on emerica cupsoles? The figgys I had years ago felt very slippery… seems like they use two different tread patterns for their cupsoles.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33989 on: December 24, 2022, 10:35:17 AM »
That G6 sole is grippy! I'd say almost as grippy as most vulcs, so solid for a cup. Not slippery at all and that's from skating KSL G6, Wino G6 Slip Cup, and Reynolds G6 (all use that sole).

There's also not a huge disconnect in boardfeel that a couple others experienced (which I personally don't believe they experienced. They just weren't used to cups at that time, I'm sure)
Super Champion Fun Zone