Author Topic: Peep how they do it...........  (Read 23225 times)

fast!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Peep how they do it...........
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2008, 10:18:52 AM »
fuck bones, what a bunch of douchebags. 
pro to flow is a lame offer to someone who's paid their dues.
i never rode bones and looks like it'll stay that way.   

toonie

« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2008, 10:38:14 AM »
i never rode bones and looks like it'll stay that way.   

clarkie

• Rep: 23
    • Real Skate avatar image
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2008, 10:50:21 AM »
I guess none of you have worked in Silicon Valley. They, that happy little phrase, "let you go" by bringing a brand new moving box to your cubicle.

Yeah, that letter smacks of chickenshit amateur—corporate wannabee.

I'm glad some of you are supporting by boycotting the product. Right on!

eight oh eight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2008, 10:53:24 AM »
I'm glad some of you are supporting by boycotting the product. Right on!
hmm, let's see how this coincides with this:
http://www.slapmagazine.com/Mambo/forum/index.php?topic=22310.0

fast!

« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2008, 11:10:54 AM »
^ just like their wheels, i never rode their bushings either and i can't say i ever will.
people seem to really dig them but i just ride stock bushings and deal. 

Severin

• Rep: -9
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2008, 11:33:00 AM »
After reading this, I might stop buying their bearings. There's gotta be another brand just as good as Bones.

Combs

• Rep: 10
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2008, 11:52:53 AM »
nope

sweatloaf

« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2008, 01:06:34 PM »
It would have been better if you had been informed by one of those little planes pulling a banner over some spot you were skating because they're pretty neat.

jayme.f

• Rep: 1
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2008, 01:21:53 PM »
Expand Quote
OK. that sucks cliff and you know i got your back ever since i first saw you in  tim's listen video.

second off if i made this thread there wouyld of been dudes like vlade divac inserting there crybaby picture.

third, brooklyns post was fucking great and everyone should send powell a box of poo.

now everyone kook me because im up late, drunk, and filled with bad thoughts.

sorry guys :'( and sorry jamie, im definetly down for you, but you run a company/corperation, therfore people are expendable, just like you did to james craig a few years back, he had a knee injury and you kicked him off circa to save money. yet muska was not skating at the time but you didnt kick him to the curb beacause his image sold shoes.
[close]

Jayme, I hate to tell you but you, but you're wrong and yeah you're a kook for calling me out when you have no idea what you're talking about. James was not let go from Circa because of a budget issue or because we had no sympathy for his knee injury. He also wasn't let go through some corporate letter.

im a kook? how about "was acting like a kook" you fuckin control freak! you try to make everyone love you a little too hard. i talked to james in oz a while back, he didnt have anything bad to say about the matter but the truth is, HE GOT LET GO FROM CIRCA, AND IS OBVIOUSLY TO THIS DAY A WORKING PRO AND NOT A SLOUCH LIKE SOME OF THE DUDES IN THE PAST YOU KNOW YOU HAVE SPONSORED JUST FOR IMAGE REASONS. dont act like i dont know how companies work, i might have no clue how the industry works now, (nor do i care about your fucking highscholl rat race)

who are you to call me kook for speaking my mind?

take a good look in the mirror.
Look at it this way, if you got kicked off Satori, they wouldn't even send and email, only smoke signals.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2008, 01:29:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
OK. that sucks cliff and you know i got your back ever since i first saw you in  tim's listen video.

second off if i made this thread there wouyld of been dudes like vlade divac inserting there crybaby picture.

third, brooklyns post was fucking great and everyone should send powell a box of poo.

sorry guys :'( and sorry jamie, im definetly down for you, but you run a company/corperation, therfore people are expendable, just like you did to james craig a few years back, he had a knee injury and you kicked him off circa to save money. yet muska was not skating at the time but you didnt kick him to the curb beacause his image sold shoes.
[close]

Jayme, I hate to tell you but you, but you're wrong and yeah you're a kook for calling me out when you have no idea what you're talking about. James was not let go from Circa because of a budget issue or because we had no sympathy for his knee injury. He also wasn't let go through some corporate letter.

[close]

im a kook? how about "was acting like a kook" you fuckin control freak! you try to make everyone love you a little too hard. i talked to james in oz a while back, he didnt have anything bad to say about the matter but the truth is, HE GOT LET GO FROM CIRCA, AND IS OBVIOUSLY TO THIS DAY A WORKING PRO AND NOT A SLOUCH LIKE SOME OF THE DUDES IN THE PAST YOU KNOW YOU HAVE SPONSORED JUST FOR IMAGE REASONS. dont act like i dont know how companies work, i might have no clue how the industry works now, (nor do i care about your fucking highscholl rat race)

Is this really Jayme Fortune? If it is, you've gone a bit crazy since your latest account...

jrock

« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2008, 01:32:31 PM »
buckle up fellas, its about to get a little bumpy....

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2008, 01:38:03 PM »
All there money is going to sheckler :'(
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2008, 01:40:04 PM »
*sits cross legged, coughs, watches*

Doctor Handsome

« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2008, 01:41:26 PM »
I feel awkward.

jayme.f

« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2008, 01:43:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Is this really Jayme Fortune? If it is, you've gone a bit crazy since your latest account...

crazy? no just heated and i feel like this isnt the only time james craig has been wronged by a company, my thoughts are that circa dicked him too awhile back, but ofcourse here come jamie thomas to play the good guy and say basically nothing in that message but just to deny that james didnt get kicked off of circa for money reasons, which is fine, i was probablly like he said way out of line with that one.

but he didnt offer up any reasons for why james was let go from circa? and im done being nice about everything, its just a skateboard message board. and if anything jamie thomas will come in and save the day with a new blackbox banner and free boards for all! yeah! hence once again trying to control everything he puts his hands on.

Look at it this way, if you got kicked off Satori, they wouldn't even send and email, only smoke signals.

hatehatehatehate

« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2008, 01:44:32 PM »
fuck jared lucas

i just wanted to say, before shit hits the fan, that i went on a trip with jared lucas like 4 years ago and we tortured the dude so fucking much, one of the worst dudes ever. he also has the element logo on his back.

that one. stay up james! that really sucks that you dont get to go out with the deville/jared lucas photo/filmer combo anymore... sike!

jayme.f

« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2008, 01:51:51 PM »
there is no shit hitting any fan.

here is how its played out.

jamie thomas is a very good skateboarder and i very sucseesful buisness owner. (everyone loves)

me, not very good when it comes down to it, and i failed in skateboarding. (either hated or embarassed to know or acsociate with)

therefore you can kook me now and call it a day beacause this argument will go no further on my end

im done

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2008, 01:56:19 PM »

Obviously you need a refresher on how he went out on his last account.

Sony MDR V2 headphones

« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2008, 01:58:20 PM »
I'm ashamed that my name is Jared.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2535
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2008, 01:59:52 PM »
The honeymoon's over.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2008, 02:16:39 PM »

jamie thomas is a very good skateboarder and i very sucseesful buisness owner. (everyone loves)

me, not very good when it comes down to it, and i failed in skateboarding. (either hated or embarassed to know or acsociate with)

therefore you can kook me now and call it a day beacause this argument will go no further on my end

im done
You've only failed at skateboarding if it's not fun anymore...

I'm not gonna kook you but you're seriously all over the place emotionally. Seriously.

fast!

« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2008, 02:22:34 PM »
*munches popcorn*

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2008, 02:27:20 PM »
I rode Powell boards when I first started in the late 80's when Bones Brigade were the shit. Then at the end of the 90's, I skated a lot mini logos and mini logo -wheels cause they were cheap and I went to school at the time and had very little money. As soon as I had more money, never had a Powell product again. Never will.

And Jayme F., take it easy man.

Diesel

« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2008, 02:30:25 PM »
Skateboarding is way to serious.

phil hellmuth

• Rep: 2
  • i can dodge bullets baby!
« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2008, 02:34:42 PM »
buckle up fellas, its about to get a little bumpy....

as for bones, this could be the biggest bitch move ive ever seen, agree with those who say boycott the bastards. fuck em' james, you shouldnt be dealing with snakes like that anyway. good luck to you in all things.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 02:37:02 PM by phil hellmuth »
shit aint the same without shane.

jayme.f

« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2008, 02:36:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
You've only failed at skateboarding if it's not fun anymore...

I'm not gonna kook you but you're seriously all over the place emotionally. Seriously.

you definetly called it, i took this way to serious, sorry dudes. im just down for james and i obviously dont have all the facts.

and skating will always be fun.

Mr Magoo

• Rep: -2
« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2008, 02:41:29 PM »

im done

oh boo fucking hoo.  You know what you were doing to your "career" when you used a Jets to Brazil song.  Kooked yourself mang! 

Bummer on bones James - I kinda feel like might regret this.  Like when you dump a girl, but see her at the bar a year later and shes fuckin hot again.  Yeah, just keep that mindset.  Pretty soon bones will be sobbing tears into your voicemail talking about the good ol' days.

fast!

« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2008, 02:43:17 PM »

and so is the internet!   :D

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2008, 02:44:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

and so is the internet!   :D

Damn right the interweb is serious!

jayme.f

« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2008, 02:58:24 PM »
like jesco said, im being emotional and dumb. im not going to stick to my guns about this argument, to be proved wrong about the matter is fine.. the fact is i amount to the same reputation as many of the "whatever happened to that guy and does anyone really care" and jamie thomas who i took a cheap shot at is obviously going to be a voice in skateboarding for a very very long time. hence, no one should really care to much about what i have to say.

i just never understood why james was let go from circa but thats my own personal opnion beacause im a big fan of jame's skating, him and gershon shared a part in this vid that gershon produced with nc clothing and that part is one of my all time favorites. and i have seen alot of pros get a pass for fucking up,slacking or dropping off the radar but then dudes like james get the shaft. it just dosent seem right in my eyes.

skateboarding is not to be taken to serious but how skating (industry wise) is beeing represented these days is fickled.

so if anyone has an extra shovel i could use it to get this hole dug faster.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 02:59:56 PM by jayme.f »