Author Topic: Oh the joys of recent purchases.  (Read 767360 times)

odp

Re: Oh the joys of recent purchases.
« Reply #210 on: November 05, 2009, 08:50:35 PM »
no way, man. i love having a dope cd/movie/album collection. i'll download some stuff, but fuck man, inserts and album art are key.

go to the record store and trade some shit in. you won't get much, but if it's bugging you, it's still cash money.

popeyesfriedchicken

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -250
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #211 on: November 05, 2009, 08:57:32 PM »
no way, man. i love having a dope cd/movie/album collection. i'll download some stuff, but fuck man, inserts and album art are key.

go to the record store and trade some shit in. you won't get much, but if it's bugging you, it's still cash money.

you can get dvd cases and if you know where to look even download covers and shit for whatever you want.  i've realized the $1.00 worth of "art" you're getting when you buy a $20.00 dvd is a huge rip off too.  pawn shops and record stores don't give you shit for used dvds or cds.  it mean it's nice to have a bunch of shit sometimes, but i'd rather be able to go out and do something than have stuff sitting around to look at.

frisco

« Reply #212 on: November 05, 2009, 09:07:04 PM »

I fully agree, I have a growing collection of 100 or so blu rays and dvd's

I only buy good movies on blu ray and dvd and torrent the ones that I wouldnt be caught paying 1 cent for, I still probabaly torrent and watch 10 movies a month

odp

« Reply #213 on: November 05, 2009, 09:13:46 PM »
i feel you man. i stopped buying albums for a few years, but i'd still rather buy cd's or books than spend my money on shit i'm going to get rid of eventually like clothes, beers, buds, squares... Aside from these collections, 2 guitars, skate, car, camera, shows, and some threads, there's no desire to be buying other "stuff" and i travel when ready.

album art isn't just shit to look at, like the music itself, it's part of what shaped my life. If i'd had the option to merely download Minor Threat songs or DK albums instead of searching for them and spending hours scouring over the treasure inside, half of their effect wouldn't have taken root. kind of like kids having skateparks all over the place and not having to hunt for a place to shred in peace these days... the esoteric aspect isn't there.

where you're paying $20 for a DVD or cd, i don't know. Independent/Used record shops are the way to go, never should you pay more than $12 for anything, even when fresh in the shrink wrap.

frisco

« Reply #214 on: November 05, 2009, 09:23:10 PM »
i feel you man. i stopped buying albums for a few years, but i'd still rather buy cd's or books than spend my money on shit i'm going to get rid of eventually like clothes, beers, buds, squares... Aside from these collections, 2 guitars, skate, car, camera, shows, and some threads, there's no desire to be buying other "stuff" and i travel when ready.

album art isn't just shit to look at, like the music itself, it's part of what shaped my life. If i'd had the option to merely download Minor Threat songs or DK albums instead of searching for them and spending hours scouring over the treasure inside, half of their effect wouldn't have taken root. kind of like kids having skateparks all over the place and not having to hunt for a place to shred in peace these days... the esoteric aspect isn't there.

where you're paying $20 for a DVD or cd, i don't know. Independent/Used record shops are the way to go, never should you pay more than $12 for anything, even when fresh in the shrink wrap.

which is exactly why I work where I do, I get cost on everything in the store so I never feel bad when I buy new blu rays and dvds

odp

« Reply #215 on: November 05, 2009, 09:59:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

which is exactly why I work where I do, I get cost on everything in the store so I never feel bad when I buy new blu rays and dvds

dude! where do you work?

frisco

« Reply #216 on: November 05, 2009, 10:20:54 PM »

hey gurl, you need a laptop?

odp

« Reply #217 on: November 05, 2009, 10:51:38 PM »
sweet, man. i was thinking about trying to get in there part time. how good are the discounts?

frisco

« Reply #218 on: November 05, 2009, 11:16:09 PM »
sweet, man. i was thinking about trying to get in there part time. how good are the discounts?

it really depends on the item, sometimes I wish we just had a store wide 30% off or something like that but because of markups they cant do it.

Some companies mark up their stuff like crazy, thats mostly accessories though, like any sort of hdmi cords, computer cables, headphones, cell phone shit and the like, I bought a headphone jack extension cord for my tv and it was listed at 18.99 for the store and the staff discount price was $3.80

on computers theres hardly any markup, shit goes out of date so fast they cant afford to price it too high so ill be holding off on that, media is about the same, so blu rays and games theres not the best deals, but it still beats paying full price for everything, plus we get first crack at all clearance items which usually are 50% off an already lowered price

the whompler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • https://vimeo.com/user36500511
« Reply #219 on: November 06, 2009, 01:57:27 AM »

hey gurl, you need a laptop?

hahaha

odp

« Reply #220 on: November 06, 2009, 08:16:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

it really depends on the item, sometimes I wish we just had a store wide 30% off or something like that but because of markups they cant do it.

Some companies mark up their stuff like crazy, thats mostly accessories though, like any sort of hdmi cords, computer cables, headphones, cell phone shit and the like, I bought a headphone jack extension cord for my tv and it was listed at 18.99 for the store and the staff discount price was $3.80

on computers theres hardly any markup, shit goes out of date so fast they cant afford to price it too high so ill be holding off on that, media is about the same, so blu rays and games theres not the best deals, but it still beats paying full price for everything, plus we get first crack at all clearance items which usually are 50% off an already lowered price

cool.

i'm just thinking audio stuff really. i'm going to apply today!

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #221 on: November 06, 2009, 09:39:43 AM »
I AINT BUYIN SHIT IM A STUPID WIGGER CANADIAN GINGER FROM THE IGLOO HOOD NIGGA

frisco

« Reply #222 on: November 06, 2009, 09:53:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

cool.

good luck man, i think youll get hired because theyre always looking for people during the busy holiday season, apply for "Merchandising Media" if you can, really early mornings but you're off super early

odp

« Reply #223 on: November 06, 2009, 10:47:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

cool.

[close]

good luck man, i think youll get hired because theyre always looking for people during the busy holiday season, apply for "Merchandising Media" if you can, really early mornings but you're off super early

sweet. i've already got a job, i'm just looking to pick up a few shifts somewhere else. best buy seems to have its perks.

larry bertlemann

• Rep: 15
  • brain cemented, mix it in a blender..
« Reply #224 on: November 06, 2009, 10:52:29 AM »
turkish royals and a half 1/8th of sum chronz.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #225 on: November 06, 2009, 11:24:53 AM »
half 1/8th? are you fucking regular? ever heard of 1/16th?
why the fuck do people like you get all regular? why dont you just say a gram
thats all you fuckin worth
i got a pound sittin at home of ill shit that i grew
i knew i was fuckin cooler than you you fake fuck
never be real like me plus you suck fucking dick at skating and posting and your name is fucking larry the worst fuckign car salesman piece of shit name in the world your parents must be two gayfags

larry bertlemann

• Rep: 15
  • brain cemented, mix it in a blender..
« Reply #226 on: November 06, 2009, 12:17:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
half 1/8th? are you fucking regular? ever heard of 1/16th?
why the fuck do people like you get all regular? why dont you just say a gram
thats all you fuckin worth
i got a pound sittin at home of ill shit that i grew
i knew i was fuckin cooler than you you fake fuck
never be real like me plus you suck fucking dick at skating and posting and your name is fucking larry the worst fuckign car salesman piece of shit name in the world your parents must be two gayfags

yes i know its a 16th im just used to saying half 8th (everybody says that around here).  You think your the realist dude out?  you dont know shit, you concluded everything you "know" about me from nothing?   if anyone sucks at skating its you... how could anyone rip in wu shirts, xxxxl sweatpants, and faggyass adidas.  just that mental image makes me burst out laughing.  your a fucking joke.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 983
« Reply #227 on: November 06, 2009, 12:26:19 PM »

and

surprisingly razors were more expensive.  what the fuck.  i havent shaved in forever and razors are like 18 dollars a 4 pack?  after this pack is done im growing a beard.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #228 on: November 06, 2009, 01:14:13 PM »
gonna buy an xbox 360

sk8nappreciate

• Rep: -21
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #229 on: November 07, 2009, 01:39:46 PM »
Went to ampm last night and bought some of these new Zaisu teas and a Arizona, and this oddly delicious melon soda from the fountain.
That's real life bro, no sticking lollipops up your ass and licking jesus's butthole man. People are getting raped,murdered and visiting the berrics daily. Deal with it.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1500
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #230 on: November 07, 2009, 05:47:12 PM »
I fell for the Walmart $199 Xbox 360 with a $100 gift card in return.  I'll use the $100 gift card for a TV on black friday or cyber monday.

Corby Tender

« Reply #231 on: November 07, 2009, 05:49:57 PM »
Bought a whole bunch groceries today...

Then got this:

And these:

Stoke-worthy.

Excellent pickups.

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #232 on: November 07, 2009, 06:58:57 PM »
Bought a new bed today.

era

« Reply #233 on: November 07, 2009, 09:33:12 PM »
tossin modern warfare 2 on the old credit card monday night at 1201, ya im a nerd

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #234 on: November 07, 2009, 10:01:54 PM »

My original copy is too scratched to play.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

odp

« Reply #235 on: November 07, 2009, 11:01:31 PM »
broke down and finally bought some shoes. these things are amazing!

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #236 on: November 08, 2009, 12:14:55 AM »

from

<3

Doctor Handsome

« Reply #237 on: November 08, 2009, 09:50:21 AM »

oldcasual

• Rep: 24
  • feed your head
« Reply #238 on: November 08, 2009, 10:03:24 AM »

'how can we hate or love or judge in this sea-swarm world of atoms, all one one all'

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
« Reply #239 on: November 08, 2009, 11:05:27 PM »
I fell for the Walmart $199 Xbox 360 with a $100 gift card in return.  I'll use the $100 gift card for a TV on black friday or cyber monday.
wait what? is this offer in walmarts everywhere?
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.