Author Topic: Oh the joys of recent purchases.  (Read 767393 times)

ThugWaffle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -141
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Oh the joys of recent purchases.
« Reply #5070 on: May 21, 2014, 12:03:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

my bandmate just got one of those.  bass and snare are pretty snappy

What a beauty!!

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #5071 on: May 23, 2014, 01:31:22 PM »

This should provide the so much needed nipplesbreeze on those summer sessions
And some eras

« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 01:34:50 PM by Mark Renton »
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #5072 on: May 25, 2014, 06:24:10 AM »

Got myself a MacBook Pro 13" Retina the other day. My first Mac. My life is so much better now.

cuntzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -63
« Reply #5073 on: May 25, 2014, 06:54:48 AM »

Got myself a MacBook Pro 13" Retina the other day. My first Mac. My life is so much better now.
Hows the pc to mac transition going? or had you used them heaps before you bought it. I'd always been Pc but my boss is balls deep for apple so i got a new Iphone and mac when I started. Took me a few months to properly adjust.
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5074 on: May 25, 2014, 01:33:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Hows the pc to mac transition going? or had you used them heaps before you bought it. I'd always been Pc but my boss is balls deep for apple so i got a new Iphone and mac when I started. Took me a few months to properly adjust.

It's going quite alright actually. I wouldn't say I've used them heaps before I bought this one, but I've been messing around on my friends Mac a bit, so the basics were pretty much down. And I watched the "PC to Mac - The basics" tutorial on the Apple homepage. That helped quite a bit as well. Everything is so simple and natural on the Mac when you think of it. Everything kinda makes perfect sense. God, I love my Mac so much. Haha.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #5075 on: May 25, 2014, 01:51:09 PM »
^ Also the workmanship on the notebook is excellent. There aren't many pc notebooks that offer same level of quality.

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #5076 on: May 25, 2014, 02:10:02 PM »
Just ordered one of those too. But used and without retina I think. Is retina really so incredibly good? Already got an imac but need something portable and macbook air or ipad don't seem to be very good for work.
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5077 on: May 25, 2014, 02:11:28 PM »
^ Also the workmanship on the notebook is excellent. There aren't many pc notebooks that offer same level of quality.
This is one of the few remaining reasons I stay with my mac. I've dropped it too many times, once through airport security, falling straight to the tile floor and denting the side and it still works. I need to bring it in to make sure my clumsiness hasn't fucked it up, but I haven't seen any noticeable difference in speed after any terrible falls.

With the prospect of a decent paycheck on the horizon...

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #5078 on: May 25, 2014, 03:33:23 PM »
had to snatch up one of these:

wish i'd grabbed a few when they were on sale.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #5079 on: May 25, 2014, 06:33:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
This is one of the few remaining reasons I stay with my mac. I've dropped it too many times, once through airport security, falling straight to the tile floor and denting the side and it still works. I need to bring it in to make sure my clumsiness hasn't fucked it up, but I haven't seen any noticeable difference in speed after any terrible falls.

With the prospect of a decent paycheck on the horizon...

LOL bruh u aint forreal wearin that hat is u?

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #5080 on: May 25, 2014, 11:40:08 PM »
Fuck yeah I am. I love bucket hats, I've loved them since I was a kid. The benefit to them being back is that I found one that fits really well. I don't care how someone judges me based on it, I love em.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #5081 on: May 26, 2014, 04:46:31 AM »
Just know that I don't approve whenever you wear it though K?

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1500
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #5082 on: May 26, 2014, 07:01:29 AM »
I'm still waiting on the resurgence of Vision Street Wear style berets.  Please someone out there do it.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
« Reply #5083 on: May 26, 2014, 07:10:30 AM »
arent you the guy with the windbreaker that looks like a cape?
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5084 on: May 26, 2014, 08:03:39 AM »

I feel you, I'm on mine right now and it's been through 4 years and two girlfriends, the equivalent of an electronics 9/11. My ex dumped an entire cup of water onto the keyboard one time while i was at work (at the time i was working at a cannabis dispensary). Blowing up my phone leaving horrific voicemails to call her back, like she had gotten into a car accident and watched her friend die or some shit. I finally did, told her to rip the battery out and put the whole thing in a tupperware of dry rice. I then beat the shit out of the safe at our shop with a folding chair and felt like steve austin for five minutes.

Three days later it was up and running again with no issues.
I've replaced my hard drive to a bigger and faster one and it was super easy to work on, seriously google it and do it yourself if you want to hook yours up. You can score hard drives for cheap on new egg.
It's been dropped a ton, dented everywhere, missing hella keys on the keyboard but hey, it's running still.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5085 on: May 26, 2014, 08:35:37 AM »
whist on macbooks: did anybody switch their cd-drive for a ssd-harddisk? i am currently thinking about it, but not sure if its worth it.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 805
« Reply #5086 on: May 26, 2014, 08:40:05 AM »
i just did, i'd recommend it.  get one of these, and you can replace your optical drive with an additional hard drive.  I've got the SSD to run programs, and all my storage is on my old HD, optical drive is sitting in a drawer in case i need it. 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00724W0N2?psc=1
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

BraveUlysses

« Reply #5087 on: May 26, 2014, 08:36:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It's likely

foureyedjim

« Reply #5088 on: May 27, 2014, 02:22:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
It's likely
SuperBraveUlysses

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #5089 on: May 27, 2014, 07:06:37 AM »
Just ordered one of those too. But used and without retina I think. Is retina really so incredibly good? Already got an imac but need something portable and macbook air or ipad don't seem to be very good for work.

its just a high def screen. pictures and videos look good on it, but it doesnt necessarily make any of the work you do on it come out higher quality.

ive owned two macbooks since 07. i replaced my first one last year only because my first one was so outdated by todays standards. 1gb of ram just doesnt cut it anymore, and my hard 80gb drive was totally maxed out. plus after all those years of everyday use, the battery was toast. i ended up giving it to my mom and it still works fine for her. its just slow and you have to keep it plugged in. its lasted longer than any of my friends windows laptops, so yes, they do make a great computer.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
« Reply #5090 on: May 27, 2014, 12:27:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

its just a high def screen. pictures and videos look good on it, but it doesnt necessarily make any of the work you do on it come out higher quality.

Expand Quote
[close]

ive owned two macbooks since 07. i replaced my first one last year only because my first one was so outdated by todays standards. 1gb of ram just doesnt cut it anymore, and my hard 80gb drive was totally maxed out. plus after all those years of everyday use, the battery was toast. i ended up giving it to my mom and it still works fine for her. its just slow and you have to keep it plugged in. its lasted longer than any of my friends windows laptops, so yes, they do make a great computer.

Cant say shit about macbooks, never had one. But ipad's suck dick for quarters, literally the biggest pieces of shit electronic wise. I wish i could throw this thing out of a moving car.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5091 on: May 28, 2014, 01:54:47 AM »
care to elaborate? i dont own a ipad but i have used them quite a lot, was stoked on it everytime.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5092 on: May 28, 2014, 02:18:34 AM »
care to elaborate? i dont own a ipad but i have used them quite a lot, was stoked on it everytime.

They dont hold a charge for shit, and literally, every 15 minutes whatever im looking at will completley crash, and then i have to re find it, and sometimes forget how i got to the desired webpage, and its done that since it was brand new. Never again will i buy one of these pieces of shit
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5093 on: May 30, 2014, 01:20:55 AM »
Just got a pair of arto's gravis shoe in red for $27.00! The vulcanized ones, not the high top cupsoles.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #5094 on: May 30, 2014, 05:35:33 AM »
I got the house of my dreams.  Less than 10 years old.  Two story.  Three bedroom, two and a half bath.  High ceiling basement.  Two car garage with attic space/spare room above.  Attic.  Balcony.  Front patio.  Deck outside the kitchen.  Fireplace.  Less than 1 mile from my awesome mother in law who will happily watch the kids.  Close to schools, downtown, highway, and grocery stores.  Located in a very trendy neighborhood with numerous sheriffs and the mayor living in the hood.

$144,000.  Instead of paying closing costs, I actually got almost $1,500 back and I'm also getting $700 back because I used the real estate agent the lender suggested.

My monthly mortgage payment is less than $900 at 3.875% fixed rate.

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5095 on: May 30, 2014, 05:44:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Cant say shit about macbooks, never had one. But ipad's suck dick for quarters, literally the biggest pieces of shit electronic wise. I wish i could throw this thing out of a moving car.

What's stopping you?

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #5096 on: May 30, 2014, 06:18:54 AM »
I got the house of my dreams.  Less than 10 years old.  Two story.  Three bedroom, two and a half bath.  High ceiling basement.  Two car garage with attic space/spare room above.  Attic.  Balcony.  Front patio.  Deck outside the kitchen.  Fireplace.  Less than 1 mile from my awesome mother in law who will happily watch the kids.  Close to schools, downtown, highway, and grocery stores.  Located in a very trendy neighborhood with numerous sheriffs and the mayor living in the hood.

$144,000.  Instead of paying closing costs, I actually got almost $1,500 back and I'm also getting $700 back because I used the real estate agent the lender suggested.

wow, thats so awesome! ill be buying my first house hopefully next summer. im pretty intimidated at the thought of it right now, but excited too.

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #5097 on: May 30, 2014, 12:07:46 PM »

congrats!

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #5098 on: May 30, 2014, 02:49:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

wow, thats so awesome! ill be buying my first house hopefully next summer. im pretty intimidated at the thought of it right now, but excited too.
Good luck on the process.  The agent I got made me feel that she was doing everything in her power to get me what I wanted instead of just trying to make money off of me and she answered every stupid question my wife and I had in a timely manner so we never felt lost.  It made a world of difference.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #5099 on: May 31, 2014, 01:14:17 AM »
congrats dude, I'm about saved up but that house would run me about 900 grand here, depending on lot size/square footage etc. I'm aiming a lot lower and hopefully by the end of the year il own a place
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here