Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1885208 times)

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #21240 on: September 30, 2019, 05:49:50 AM »
Expand Quote
My girl always has one too many drinks and loses her cool. Last night everything is fine, at the bar chillin. Got home maybe one or two more drinks later and she breaks down. I cant seem to figure out how many drinks it takes before she gets that way.  ??? Just need to stop encouraging her to drink at all I guess. Just sucks because I drink beer and don't want to ruin her fun, but at a certain point it isn't fun.
[close]

have you spoken to her about it? she's probably aware this is an issue & sometimes all it take is a conversation to iron out these things.

She is, but thanks you're right we need to address it further together for sure. Talked some a bit before had to go to work. She doesn't even drink that often but when she does it happens. Probably talk more later tonight. But until then the real team is coming through town today so I'm getting hyped to see some shit!

AssFlea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -31
« Reply #21241 on: September 30, 2019, 06:43:11 AM »
When I was going to bed last night my butt hurt near my hip. This is not abnormal since I had endocarditis and osteomyelitis when I was 21. I noticed that there was this thing on my buttcheek I thought it might be a tick so I got up I found a mirror. It's a giant f****** mole. Now I'm thinking I should not have been telling people that they going to catch ads cancer from eating McDonald's.
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

AssFlea

• Rep: -31
« Reply #21242 on: September 30, 2019, 06:57:46 AM »
I just realized ass flea - ass cancer

I was assking for it
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #21243 on: September 30, 2019, 08:20:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My girl always has one too many drinks and loses her cool. Last night everything is fine, at the bar chillin. Got home maybe one or two more drinks later and she breaks down. I cant seem to figure out how many drinks it takes before she gets that way.  ??? Just need to stop encouraging her to drink at all I guess. Just sucks because I drink beer and don't want to ruin her fun, but at a certain point it isn't fun.
[close]

have you spoken to her about it? she's probably aware this is an issue & sometimes all it take is a conversation to iron out these things.
[close]

She is, but thanks you're right we need to address it further together for sure. Talked some a bit before had to go to work. She doesn't even drink that often but when she does it happens. Probably talk more later tonight. But until then the real team is coming through town today so I'm getting hyped to see some shit!

I get the same way. Just having a couple drinks, I'm good, but if I get it in my head that a party is going down then I'm always the first one blacking out and making an ass of themselves. I'm never violent and I usually don't do anything too bad, but bad and embarrassing shit has happened enough times that I always wake up after a blackout with the worst feelings of remorse.

I like to think that I've really worked on it to get to the point where blacking out isn't a regular occurrence for me, but I know how careful I have to be to avoid it. Like I have to be totally conscious of what I'd drinking and at what pace and have a hard cutoff limit because if I don't, then at a certain point I'm not in control anymore. To even think that I can have control is like playing with fire. It only happens when I drink in big social gatherings, which I've used to justify the idea that I don't have a drinking problem. But really any issue with drinking, regardless of the situation is still and issue and people like me have to be aware of that. Nobody else cares that you can drink responsibly in privacy if they only see you at social gatherings and you're always a mess.

I hope you guys can work it out and things get better for her. The easy thing to do is to just not drink, but thats not always as easy as it should be.

Me personally, I'm starting to wish that I never started drinking at all. Like I said, blackouts for me are a rare occurrence now and drinking has less negative effects on my life than it did in the past, but now it's just making me gain weight. My wife and I had a baby two months ago and for the first two weeks of her life I think I only had maybe 3 beers that whole time. Before that I'd have a few almost every night and easily go through a case myself between Thursday and Sunday. After the first month I dropped 10lbs and was making an effort to eat healthier and get out and be more active. This past month I've started drinking more. Having less days in the week where I don't drink than days that I do. Have gotten lazier, less active, and gained almost 5lbs back. I really like beer and I rarely have more than 3 on days that I drink, so I've been able to justify it to myself, but it's at the point where the negatives of drinking even this small of an amount are outweighing the positives. It should be easy for me to just stop and not drink, but it's so damn hard. On a good day I want to have a beer and enjoy myself. On a bad day I want a beer so I can unwind and forget. On a regular day I might just want one because I like how it tastes. But on no days to I want to be a lazy fatass and that's where I see myself headed. It's almost like not drinking makes me a happier person, but it's such a habit that I can't stop.

edit: MJ actually made sense on a lot of drinking struggles in this.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 08:25:30 AM by JB »

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #21244 on: September 30, 2019, 02:43:40 PM »
Ironic that you guys are talking about that because my post was gonna be about something in the same subject.

I got way too hammered last night at this party at a friends house. Had a friend who was just busting my chops, just friendly shit talking but drunk me wasn't having it and I got all hostile and rowdy and got in his face and told him I'd fight him, then i kept trying to get him outside so we could fight. A couple others tried to calm the situation down but I took it as them taking his side so I offered to fight them too. Luckily no fighting occurred.
This morning I hit them all up and apologized, they said it was cool but I can tell they're just saying that to say that and they're still probably pretty mad about it. I haven't felt this much shame in a while.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #21245 on: September 30, 2019, 04:42:23 PM »
The MJ video was good, makes some valid points for sure. I can relate to that feeling of just you stop worrying about shit and can just take a breath and you wish that could stay with you as a constant in every day life without the hangovers and the drunk sloppiness or without actually having to get tipsy/drunk to feel it etc. The mornings with the feelings of remorse are the worst

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #21246 on: October 01, 2019, 11:56:37 AM »
Ironic that you guys are talking about that because my post was gonna be about something in the same subject.

I got way too hammered last night at this party at a friends house. Had a friend who was just busting my chops, just friendly shit talking but drunk me wasn't having it and I got all hostile and rowdy and got in his face and told him I'd fight him, then i kept trying to get him outside so we could fight. A couple others tried to calm the situation down but I took it as them taking his side so I offered to fight them too. Luckily no fighting occurred.
This morning I hit them all up and apologized, they said it was cool but I can tell they're just saying that to say that and they're still probably pretty mad about it. I haven't felt this much shame in a while.

They will get over it. As long as you don't make it a habit, it will turn into a funny story eventually.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

Dog the Bounty Hunter

« Reply #21247 on: October 02, 2019, 01:56:03 AM »
Going on strike. Like yeah, cool, I don't have to go to work... I also don't get paid. We've been working without a contract since June, and their counter to what we want isn't even that bad. The fucked up thing is my wife works for the same organization, but we can't both strike and lose all of our income, so she's scabbing. Whatever.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #21248 on: October 02, 2019, 04:29:12 AM »
Being the only one at work without kids I get the pleasure of coming in on my days off so they can tend to their demon spawns

hangontoyourego

« Reply #21249 on: October 02, 2019, 06:06:54 AM »
Going on strike. Like yeah, cool, I don't have to go to work... I also don't get paid. We've been working without a contract since June, and their counter to what we want isn't even that bad. The fucked up thing is my wife works for the same organization, but we can't both strike and lose all of our income, so she's scabbing. Whatever.
What union ? I’m in Seiu 1021 and we haven’t come to a new contract with the city . 2 years ago we went out strike a week before Xmas . Looks like it might happen again .

Dog the Bounty Hunter

« Reply #21250 on: October 02, 2019, 06:20:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
What union ? I’m in Seiu 1021 and we haven’t come to a new contract with the city . 2 years ago we went out strike a week before Xmas . Looks like it might happen again .
Seiu 521. There’s a bunch of fuckery going on with both management and the union that I don’t like. Just bummed on the whole thing.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #21251 on: October 02, 2019, 07:21:03 AM »
I think I’ve slept like 8 hours combined so far this week. I’m so exhausted all day, but no matter how much I prep to get a reasonable night’s sleep I just get wired the moment I lay my head down. I’ve had sleeping issues my entire life, but I haven’t felt this bad in quite a while.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21252 on: October 02, 2019, 07:38:56 AM »
I think I’ve slept like 8 hours combined so far this week. I’m so exhausted all day, but no matter how much I prep to get a reasonable night’s sleep I just get wired the moment I lay my head down. I’ve had sleeping issues my entire life, but I haven’t felt this bad in quite a while.

Try CBD if you can and or haven't before.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #21253 on: October 02, 2019, 07:39:59 AM »
You’ve probably tried this but what about white noise or meditation apps , podcasts? I have a hard time sleeping when there’s silence but man most of the time I can’t make it pass the commercials of Marc Maron . Him talking just knocks me right out even though I enjoy him . I guess the distraction keeps my mind on what I’m listening to . The rain , waterfall or ocean sounds put me fast asleep . Anyway good luck and hope you can resolve this

hangontoyourego

« Reply #21254 on: October 02, 2019, 07:43:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Seiu 521. There’s a bunch of fuckery going on with both management and the union that I don’t like. Just bummed on the whole thing.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #21255 on: October 02, 2019, 08:43:15 AM »

I was like this for months on end then I tried Zolpidem (Ambien). Changed my life and now I don't even need to take it anymore.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21256 on: October 02, 2019, 09:19:30 AM »
Are you psyching yourself out by overthinking too much about not getting good sleep when you go to sleep? Like when you lay in bed are you thinking "great when I try to sleep it's just gonna be another shitty night of me laying awake and getting no sleep, tomorrow is going to suck cuz I'm gonna be tired" which in turn causes sleep anxiety which then causes you to not sleep well?
If that's the case then I wouldn't really suggest taking any medicine or anything but just reassessing your thoughts on sleep. It's more of an over thinking and anxiety issue at that point; when you're anxious about anything at all your heart is pounding, you're all fidgety, definitely not the right state you went to be in while resting. Couple that with the fact that the anxiety is about sleep itself while you're trying to sleep and it's an even worse scenario. You just gotta remind yourself that sleep is inevitable and that even if you're tired the next day you've gotten through it before. I know I know, a lot easier said than done, but you got this.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #21257 on: October 02, 2019, 11:11:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Are you psyching yourself out by overthinking too much about not getting good sleep when you go to sleep? Like when you lay in bed are you thinking "great when I try to sleep it's just gonna be another shitty night of me laying awake and getting no sleep, tomorrow is going to suck cuz I'm gonna be tired" which in turn causes sleep anxiety which then causes you to not sleep well?
If that's the case then I wouldn't really suggest taking any medicine or anything but just reassessing your thoughts on sleep. It's more of an over thinking and anxiety issue at that point; when you're anxious about anything at all your heart is pounding, you're all fidgety, definitely not the right state you went to be in while resting. Couple that with the fact that the anxiety is about sleep itself while you're trying to sleep and it's an even worse scenario. You just gotta remind yourself that sleep is inevitable and that even if you're tired the next day you've gotten through it before. I know I know, a lot easier said than done, but you got this.

I think this is probably the main culprit. I generally sleep pretty well on the weekends since I have nothing to worry about. Either way I appreciate the kind words from you and everyone else that’s commented. I’m very excited to go home from work and just decompress.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #21258 on: October 02, 2019, 11:31:02 AM »
Half of a Benadryl pill. Very mild but makes you drowsy and helps allergies if you have them. That’s actually what zzzquil is. It’s just Benadryl but it’s not so heavy as like regular sleeping pills. I have always been like that since I was a little kid. I use the Benadryl/zquil when I need it. Prefer zquil or a generic version because the liquid kicks in faster. I take like a fraction of the recommended amount so I’m not groggy the next day.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #21259 on: October 02, 2019, 03:50:35 PM »

I can't think of anything worse then not being able to fall to sleep, I've been quite lucky there because I've never had problems getting down.

I am not stoked on birds that swoop you, walking a long with that nervousness if your about to get hit in the back of the head by a beak really pisses me off.

uncool old fart

• Rep: 18
« Reply #21260 on: October 02, 2019, 03:58:34 PM »
It started raining today the exact moment my board touched the ground at the skate park.
At this point, I think I’ve seen Bam’s penis more than my own.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21261 on: October 04, 2019, 03:52:47 AM »
Kim Shattuck from The Muffs died today. RIP.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #21262 on: October 04, 2019, 05:45:29 AM »
I’m in college. I have a professor who doesn’t use the school’s dashboard website, does not have a real syllabus with due dates listed, he doesn’t have regular office hours, and he has not responded to my emails. He’s also a pompous, condescending dickhead in class. I’m like a pacifist hippie, but goddamn, I wanna smack the shit outta this guy.

Edit: he also sounds like this dude
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 06:14:47 AM by SHIREFLIP »

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21263 on: October 04, 2019, 08:10:00 AM »
I’m in college. I have a professor who doesn’t use the school’s dashboard website, does not have a real syllabus with due dates listed, he doesn’t have regular office hours, and he has not responded to my emails. He’s also a pompous, condescending dickhead in class. I’m like a pacifist hippie, but goddamn, I wanna smack the shit outta this guy.

Edit: he also sounds like this dude

Your professor sounds like an asshole. Haha sneek a whoopee cushion on his chair next time you go to class and prank his old ass!

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #21264 on: October 04, 2019, 08:39:36 AM »
A classic for a tragic.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #21265 on: October 04, 2019, 09:24:29 AM »
Seriously, write a letter to the Dean. You're paying good money and it sounds like he's not doing his job properly.
Send it to their assistant/secretary too, as some Deans have giant sticks up their asses and won't answer emails from anyone who's "below them".

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #21266 on: October 04, 2019, 10:45:10 AM »
Thank you. I plan to try again with the professor next week, but I will take your advice if nothing is resolved. I am trying to believe he is not intentionally being difficult.

And if all else fails, whoopee cushion it is.

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #21267 on: October 04, 2019, 11:17:16 PM »
What class is it?

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #21268 on: October 05, 2019, 05:46:46 AM »
Physical chemistry.

jimstolz