Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880842 times)

Garth Marenghi

Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #21300 on: October 10, 2019, 02:05:05 AM »
The US and NATO being the catalysts for fucking everything up again in Syria. Can't wait for Daesh 2.0.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #21301 on: October 10, 2019, 05:32:03 AM »
Hesitated on a backflip on my trampoline last night and basically got folded in half when i landed. I usually have them on lock but my kid yelled "GO!" right before I took off and that was enough to throw me off. My back is completely fucked today.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21302 on: October 10, 2019, 07:18:02 AM »
Hesitated on a backflip on my trampoline last night and basically got folded in half when i landed. I usually have them on lock but my kid yelled "GO!" right before I took off and that was enough to throw me off. My back is completely fucked today.

Ouch man that sucks. As a kid it was great but now I can't fuck around with them after seeing so many accidents.

My god damned laptop is fucked, just continuously reboots.  I hate widows. I have the worst luck with PC's. It's not even dumb shit like viruses or malware, they just start to fail.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #21303 on: October 10, 2019, 07:46:34 AM »
House of Vans Philly this weekend, found out yesterday corporate asked our office to work this weekend for end of quarter push.

Jokes on them I have 80 hours of sick time
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #21304 on: October 10, 2019, 06:13:08 PM »
Been pretty depressed ever since my 29th birthday last week and today I was put on paid administrative leave.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 06:52:00 PM by lamfordie »

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21305 on: October 10, 2019, 06:41:15 PM »
Been pretty depressed ever since my 28th birthday last week and today I was put on paid administrative leave.

Flip that shit around. Sounds like you’ll be getting paid and you’ll have some free time to get out and skate and get your mind right.
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

VHS ERA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21306 on: October 10, 2019, 06:48:10 PM »
Cockroaches

Pho King Hung Lo Mein

• Rep: -16
« Reply #21307 on: October 10, 2019, 07:21:56 PM »
Cockroaches

Speaking of "Roaches", not stoked that it took me so long to figure out that "Roach" is "Casper" and make the skateboarding connection.  Also not stoked on the remembrance of Justin Pierce, whom died by suicide in Las Vegas in 2000.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 07:24:00 PM by Pho King Hung Lo Mein »
"Now go home and get your fucking Shinebox"

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #21308 on: October 10, 2019, 08:34:49 PM »
Cockroaches

fucken cockroaches man, I feel you on this one. Always catch you off guard and just have that gross feel to them if they do happen to crawl over your foot or something

AssFlea

• Rep: -31
« Reply #21309 on: October 10, 2019, 08:40:20 PM »
Been pretty depressed ever since my 29th birthday last week and today I was put on paid administrative leave.

paid to chill and skate? That's what your sad about.
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #21310 on: October 11, 2019, 12:33:27 AM »
If I don’t want to be friendly with idiots who know my wife and show indifference by being cold and to the point I shouldn’t have to fake the happiness for anyone.

theres a middle ground. im kinda similar, I have absolutely no interest in faking small talk with random people my wife knows BUT she's the nicest person ever and speaks to like EVERYONE so being a dick about it just makes things shittier than they need to be, say 'hi how you doin' or some generic aknowledgement of their existance so you dont come off like a complete asshole then bring yourself out of the situation by looking at your phone or something. its the lest painless way of dealing with these situations i have found so far

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #21311 on: October 11, 2019, 04:13:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ouch man that sucks. As a kid it was great but now I can't fuck around with them after seeing so many accidents.

My god damned laptop is fucked, just continuously reboots.  I hate widows. I have the worst luck with PC's. It's not even dumb shit like viruses or malware, they just start to fail.
Do you have another computer to work from? If so I can explain how to help you out with a linux machine.

get a usb stick and from that other computer download https://rufus.ie/ wait till it downloads and put this file on your usb as soon as that's done and you are ready to go try to start up your laptop in bios mode f2 when it first starts up and once there look in your usb settings but since you have a usb stick it is like a boot disk so you probably won't have to worry about it too much.

a warning though once you do this it does wipe anything on your hdd, I assume you want a functioning laptop but yeah usb boot disks are the way to go, also not alot of updates and thrills and spills it's a rad OS you can put anything on it as long your laptop can handle it.

all explained right here too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k09m8oP3KWk
Dueces Bitch's

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21312 on: October 11, 2019, 04:23:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Do you have another computer to work from? If so I can explain how to help you out with a linux machine.

get a usb stick and from that other computer download https://rufus.ie/ wait till it downloads and put this file on your usb as soon as that's done and you are ready to go try to start up your laptop in bios mode f2 when it first starts up and once there look in your usb settings but since you have a usb stick it is like a boot disk so you probably won't have to worry about it too much.

a warning though once you do this it does wipe anything on your hdd, I assume you want a functioning laptop but yeah usb boot disks are the way to go, also not alot of updates and thrills and spills it's a rad OS you can put anything on it as long your laptop can handle it.

Looks easy enough and always wanted to try linux anyways. Nothing is of importance on that machine so i might do it. Thanks buddy ill let you know how it goes whenever I get around to it. Shalom.

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #21313 on: October 11, 2019, 05:13:28 AM »
Back pain and Arthritis, today is going to be a long day and a rainy one with a sharp temperature drop at that haha.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #21314 on: October 11, 2019, 07:23:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Looks easy enough and always wanted to try linux anyways. Nothing is of importance on that machine so i might do it. Thanks buddy ill let you know how it goes whenever I get around to it. Shalom.
I've resurrected two laptops from the dead by this method both with windows 7 & 8.  I hate windows but linux or Ubuntu as they call it has a shitload of open source wares that do just the same if not better and not a decadent amount of boot up time as well, FUCK WINDOWS bunch a shit you don't need, as long as you get a VPN or something equivalent you'll be good.  Shalom
Dueces Bitch's

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21315 on: October 11, 2019, 07:31:52 AM »
Didn't get selected for a Jordan raffle, could have made $1,000 on those. Oh well

Dog the Bounty Hunter

« Reply #21316 on: October 11, 2019, 09:35:27 AM »
My next door neighbor decorated his door, and around his door for Halloween. I live in a building with halls, not like an outdoor entrance apartment complex. Anyway, he hung this stupid ass murder clown from the planter hook, and my kid is absolutely terrified of the thing. I knocked on his door to explain the situation and ask if he'd take it down, but he wasn't home, so I asked the office manager to ask him. She called me back an hour later saying that he basically told me to get fucked and to come talk to him in person, that he shouldn't have to change his decorations and we can use other exits... So It's been 3 days, I've gone over there 3 different times and he never comes to the door. I've tried talking to my kid about how it isn't real, there's nothing to be afraid of, etc, but he's still freaked out by it and won't walk that way. We now have to walk all the way around to the other end of the building, exit, walk to the other side to the car. I'm kind of over it, but my kid keeps asking if I could ask him to take it down. All the other shit is fine, but the dumb fucking clown is the problem. I fucking loathe having neighbors.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #21317 on: October 11, 2019, 09:51:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I've resurrected two laptops from the dead by this method both with windows 7 & 8.  I hate windows but linux or Ubuntu as they call it has a shitload of open source wares that do just the same if not better and not a decadent amount of boot up time as well, FUCK WINDOWS bunch a shit you don't need, as long as you get a VPN or something equivalent you'll be good.  Shalom

Agreed. And if you still want that Windows feel, I suggest Linux Mint. No bloatware and its open source. Also, Windows phones home the entire time you're on, sending Microsoft data of everything you do.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #21318 on: October 11, 2019, 10:06:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

paid to chill and skate? That's what your sad about.

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #21319 on: October 11, 2019, 10:06:23 AM »
K

do it in CHAT

u can tell if the Bad Man is in there
mArLeY

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #21320 on: October 11, 2019, 10:06:46 AM »
no1 wants to be mad at u
mArLeY

The Mighty Pink Hole

• Rep: 25
« Reply #21321 on: October 11, 2019, 10:35:55 AM »
Got the day of, want to skate but trying to skate in the Santa Ana winds sucks massive horse cock.
i got shalom tatted on my face (im not joking)

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21322 on: October 11, 2019, 12:56:40 PM »
My next door neighbor decorated his door, and around his door for Halloween. I live in a building with halls, not like an outdoor entrance apartment complex. Anyway, he hung this stupid ass murder clown from the planter hook, and my kid is absolutely terrified of the thing. I knocked on his door to explain the situation and ask if he'd take it down, but he wasn't home, so I asked the office manager to ask him. She called me back an hour later saying that he basically told me to get fucked and to come talk to him in person, that he shouldn't have to change his decorations and we can use other exits... So It's been 3 days, I've gone over there 3 different times and he never comes to the door. I've tried talking to my kid about how it isn't real, there's nothing to be afraid of, etc, but he's still freaked out by it and won't walk that way. We now have to walk all the way around to the other end of the building, exit, walk to the other side to the car. I'm kind of over it, but my kid keeps asking if I could ask him to take it down. All the other shit is fine, but the dumb fucking clown is the problem. I fucking loathe having neighbors.

From one father to another, sounds like there is some light vandalism in your future

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21323 on: October 11, 2019, 01:03:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

From one father to another, sounds like there is some light vandalism in your future

They will merely be "pranks" ;)

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21324 on: October 11, 2019, 01:54:01 PM »

I wonder if he's home avoiding you or if it just bad timing. Either way it's lame he had such a reaction to the office manager

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21325 on: October 11, 2019, 04:00:40 PM »
Literally just happened. Work at a wannabe fancy type of restaurant. Stupid bitch ass of a boss sent me home for having my sleeves rolled up... Yes. That's it.

I get contact dermatitis and shit when stuff rubs my forearms too long. Ok so I just roll my fucking sleeves up at work and have been there doing it for the last 4 fucking years*. This dumb piece of shit of a person thinks their authority rules over common sense. Said I need a Dr note.

To roll my sleeves up?

I'm going to get the note slam it down on the table and give them all one of these.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #21326 on: October 11, 2019, 04:40:08 PM »
I've dedicated almost the entirety of 2019 to trying to buy a house and I'm at the point of giving up, or at least taking an extended break. If I go after a house that's priced low I get beat by cash investments no matter how high over asking I go. If I go after a house toward the top of my budget, I find items that need to be fixed that I wouldn't be able to afford. The latter just happened this week on a house where my offer got accepted but I had to back out and I'm feeling pretty disheartened by it.

On a less severe but still discouraging note, I've been working on making a solo record for the past few years but always end up taking extended breaks because of drastic life events getting in the way. This year I've managed to get pretty far considering how busy I am, and just the other day the harddrive on the computer I was using crashed. Luckily I have a new computer, but it crashed as I was preparing to transfer files and progress, so it is very likely that I'll have to start from scratch for like the 5th time.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21327 on: October 11, 2019, 04:58:50 PM »
Literally just happened. Work at a wannabe fancy type of restaurant. Stupid bitch ass of a boss sent me home for having my sleeves rolled up... Yes. That's it.

I get contact dermatitis and shit when stuff rubs my forearms too long. Ok so I just roll my fucking sleeves up at work and have been there doing it for the last 4 fucking years*. This dumb piece of shit of a person thinks their authority rules over common sense. Said I need a Dr note.

To roll my sleeves up?

I'm going to get the note slam it down on the table and give them all one of these.

This is super lame, did you get like a few warnings or something or straight up just sent home because the boss spotted you with sleeves rolled up :|

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21328 on: October 11, 2019, 05:16:46 PM »
Yea man so silly. She literally makes rules up along the way, like a little kid playing a game. I'm so over it, it's probably for the better. Just so stupid and petty. I wish I just said my piece then and there and quit. I held my tounge and just said see ya when I see ya to the homies.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

« Reply #21329 on: October 12, 2019, 01:46:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

They will merely be "pranks" ;)
Trust me, he lives next to the garbage chute, I thought about just yanking it down and shoving it in there. There's cameras all over though. It should be noted that in a building with 30 unites, he is the ONLY one that's decorated in the hallway. He won't answer his door. His lights are on inside, I can see movement. I left him a really polite note this afternoon asking to do us a favor as neighbors and take down the clown. He left a note on our door basically telling us to get fucked, Halloween is his favorite holiday, nobody has ever complained, and that we should use this as a teaching moment for our kid... I lost it. I rang his doorbell a dozen times. He didn't answer. I left a note letting him know that the next time he's getting stoned on his balcony, which is every night, I'll notify the management since it's a non-smoking building, and he can use that as a teaching moment on how to be a good neighbor. Fucking prick.