Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1901799 times)

Shtonk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -547
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #25590 on: May 16, 2024, 09:10:58 AM »
As a lot of you might know my girlfriend had cancer a few years ago. Our wish to have children was destroyed during that time but fortunately my girl survived ... She has A LOT of complications still though.

Right now we're in a "surrogacy" trajectory on our way to a child and that is EXTREMELY tough.

First we needed to find a surrogate. A really hard search ...

Then "egg-donors" which was a major hassle to get as well.
We found 8 donors (which is A LOT) and only one was considered suitable.

Those eggs went into a bank and we have to buy eggs. Those cost 2000 dollars.

We got 8 eggs and only two of those became embryo's.

Unfortunately the attempts were not fruitful so we have to buy another set of eggs... and go throug the whole trajectory once more.

Horrible and expensive and extremely heavy on my girlfriend ...

Life sucks, and sometimes I truly wonder what the hell I'm still doing here.

Dude this sounds awful and I hope you make it through. Forgive this ignorant question, but have you considered adoption? One of my best mates is adopted (at the relatively late age of 5) and his relationship with his parents has always been a North star for me to how I want to be as a parent. Please don't take this in bad faith, it's merely offering a perspective. Whatever you decide to do I hope you find better days.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #25591 on: May 16, 2024, 01:06:12 PM »
Expand Quote
As a lot of you might know my girlfriend had cancer a few years ago. Our wish to have children was destroyed during that time but fortunately my girl survived ... She has A LOT of complications still though.

Right now we're in a "surrogacy" trajectory on our way to a child and that is EXTREMELY tough.

Unfortunately the attempts were not fruitful so we have to buy another set of eggs... and go throug the whole trajectory once more.

[close]

Dude this sounds awful and I hope you make it through. Forgive this ignorant question, but have you considered adoption? One of my best mates is adopted (at the relatively late age of 5) and his relationship with his parents has always been a North star for me to how I want to be as a parent. Please don't take this in bad faith, it's merely offering a perspective. Whatever you decide to do I hope you find better days.

Not an ignorant question at all. We definitely considered that trajectory as well but here in Belgium it is very very tough. If signed up today, it would take up to 10 years (!) to be able to adopt within Belgium.

If we wanted a child earlier, only children with severe disabilities would be an option ... not to sound "heartless" but that's something we don't want. My girlfriend is a caretaker for children/people with disabilities and she sees how heavy that is each day ... and her health can't handle that caretaking 24/7 either :-( .

RembrantQeinstein

« Reply #25592 on: May 16, 2024, 02:03:46 PM »
I'm in the most hateful violent mood I've been in years.

Fuck the homies.
Keep your head up, Flea.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 657
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #25593 on: May 16, 2024, 04:47:37 PM »
Rear ended some woman the other day. Traffic came to a quick stop and her brakes were better than mine.

We traded info and numbers, but I haven't heard from her yet. I'm a bit worried at the cost of this fender bender, because she was driving a Mercedes and I'm sure every single piece of her car is overpriced.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Shtonk

« Reply #25594 on: May 17, 2024, 01:16:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Not an ignorant question at all. We definitely considered that trajectory as well but here in Belgium it is very very tough. If signed up today, it would take up to 10 years (!) to be able to adopt within Belgium.

If we wanted a child earlier, only children with severe disabilities would be an option ... not to sound "heartless" but that's something we don't want. My girlfriend is a caretaker for children/people with disabilities and she sees how heavy that is each day ... and her health can't handle that caretaking 24/7 either :-( .

Oh man... I totally understand. Keep your head up, it must be hard to live in the moment in times like these but it's a good skill (maybe THE skill) to practice before you become a parent. Because once it's there, every single bit of the cliché is true that time speeds up WAY too fast.

Banned from the room

« Reply #25595 on: May 17, 2024, 04:26:33 AM »
YEP BANDS FUCKIN DONE

Shtonk

« Reply #25596 on: May 17, 2024, 04:34:05 AM »
YEP BANDS FUCKIN DONE

I was wondering why the Album link was in here. What happened mate? I'm the worst guy to judge the music because it's not at all my style but for what it's worth it sounds exactly like the Bands my hardcore homie is trying to convince me to go see with him and he says they're the best

Banned from the room

« Reply #25597 on: May 17, 2024, 02:30:07 PM »
I'm fuckin stupid. I apologize to those who I let down with my wild ass behavior.

Peace y'all.

Don't hate punks cuz I'm mentally ill......

Kick me in the dick when you see me!!!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2024, 02:43:52 PM by Uncle Flea »

Shtonk

« Reply #25598 on: May 18, 2024, 08:03:55 AM »
I'm fuckin stupid. I apologize to those who I let down with my wild ass behavior.

Peace y'all.

Those who function without any mental struggles in a world such as ours are the truly insane. Keep your head up!

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • sup dog
« Reply #25599 on: May 18, 2024, 12:01:49 PM »

Peace y'all.

What are you talking about, no you’re not… and no I will not be kicking you in your dick.

Things I am not stoked on: turning 42 this month. My body sucks.

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #25600 on: May 19, 2024, 08:09:21 AM »
Uncle Flea focused?? Super not stoked on that. Be well, man! I hope you put together a new rocking band.

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 83
« Reply #25601 on: May 22, 2024, 09:23:13 AM »
My best friend (and favorite person to skate with) broke the fuck out of his ankle at the park yesterday just trying to step off his board on a bank. Never seen a break where the bone was sticking out in person and hope to never see that again.. Called the paramedics and waited for them to load him up in the ambulance before heading home. Haven't heard from him since last night, but I know he's getting surgery on it today.
Hoping for the best possible outcome as far as PT and recovery goes.

Shtonk

« Reply #25602 on: May 22, 2024, 10:53:15 AM »
My best friend (and favorite person to skate with) broke the fuck out of his ankle at the park yesterday just trying to step off his board on a bank. Never seen a break where the bone was sticking out in person and hope to never see that again.. Called the paramedics and waited for them to load him up in the ambulance before heading home. Haven't heard from him since last night, but I know he's getting surgery on it today.

Oh my fucking god sorry for you and for him. That shit can take some time to get over, I still have flashbacks to a similar situation over 10 years ago. Sounds like you guys are close so if you want any advice from someone who's had their fair share of serious ankle injuries the two best things to give support are:
1) time,  obviously. Just being there, hanging out, so they don't feel like the friendship lives and dies with being able and available to skate.
2.) Rehab routines. My best buddy did that for me last time round, just turned into my personal physio, researching tons of shit on the net and doing a whole schedule with me to make sure I was back in shape ASAP  the right rehab can shave months off of serious ankle injuries and it kept me from piling out.

Best wishes to him and you. Shit happens.

Shtonk

« Reply #25603 on: May 22, 2024, 10:53:43 AM »
Where's Flea? Is he ok?

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #25604 on: May 22, 2024, 12:01:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Oh my fucking god sorry for you and for him. That shit can take some time to get over, I still have flashbacks to a similar situation over 10 years ago. Sounds like you guys are close so if you want any advice from someone who's had their fair share of serious ankle injuries the two best things to give support are:
1) time,  obviously. Just being there, hanging out, so they don't feel like the friendship lives and dies with being able and available to skate.
2.) Rehab routines. My best buddy did that for me last time round, just turned into my personal physio, researching tons of shit on the net and doing a whole schedule with me to make sure I was back in shape ASAP  the right rehab can shave months off of serious ankle injuries and it kept me from piling out.

Best wishes to him and you. Shit happens.
Yeah, I’m definitely not leaving him hanging in any form. I’ve been checking on him since it happened and am making plans to hang once he’s back at home recovering. Unfortunately, he’s made the decision to stop skating entirely, but given the circumstances and our age, it’s a decision I understand and respect. I’m still going to give him advice on rehab and all of that, but I’m not going to try to pressure him into getting back on the board.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 593
« Reply #25605 on: May 23, 2024, 08:35:02 PM »
Tweaked my back a few weeks back on a board I haven't skated much but noticed was warped that same session. I slipped out funny and later that day i got stuck. Itching to skate but may set up a new board.

Also, I'm big on women's sports because I live with my nieces. But the NWSL streaming contracts are annoying to deal with and wasn't able to find the game I wanted through legal or illegal means.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #25606 on: May 23, 2024, 11:34:37 PM »
Get better soon, mynameisnotjeff.

And to your best friend too, Blind Fisherman.  Skating is fun, but nothing beats being able to walk.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Shtonk

« Reply #25607 on: May 25, 2024, 03:35:04 AM »
Is Unclea Flea alright, does anyone know? I'm bummed he's gone.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 625
« Reply #25608 on: May 25, 2024, 06:55:54 AM »
Is Unclea Flea alright, does anyone know? I'm bummed he's gone.

I think I read he’s having some issues and wanted to go cold turkey on socials for a bit, so he focused for a while. I hope he finds the peace he needs and comes back soon, happier and healthier. That said, not stoked on this ingrown-ish toenail thing I’ve got going on. I got the fancy nail clippers and my foot in a salt water soak, but damn this unpleasant in the interim.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • sup dog
« Reply #25609 on: May 26, 2024, 12:25:50 PM »
Presently, I am bummed that I have all my gear dialed in and know exactly what is best for me.

Madness is gone.

I miss the madness: it provided something to think about and tinker with.

Heshrat

• Rep: -8
« Reply #25610 on: May 28, 2024, 09:50:49 PM »
Had a mini ramp sesh with the boys today!
And I think we’re living in the dopest era of skating rn where you just have a board under your feet and everyone’s sharing the stoke
I did your mom

Shtonk

« Reply #25611 on: May 28, 2024, 10:31:32 PM »
And I think we’re living in the dopest era of skating rn where you just have a board under your feet and everyone’s sharing the stoke
Wrong thread buddy. But switch on the world news and you'll be back here for the right reasons in no time.

Rafah ...

Conman9000

• Rep: 13
    • Hook-Ups '94 Fan Edit avatar image
« Reply #25612 on: May 29, 2024, 12:59:25 PM »
my cat's breath smells like cat food
"Looking good is tantamount to feeling good,
And feeling good is paramount to skating good."
-Dan Watson

Heshrat

• Rep: -8
« Reply #25613 on: May 29, 2024, 11:12:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Wrong thread buddy. But switch on the world news and you'll be back here for the right reasons in no time.

Rafah ...
Got stoned meant to post on the stoked on thread
I did your mom

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 625
« Reply #25614 on: June 03, 2024, 03:17:30 AM »
Loving someone who really let themself go.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #25615 on: June 03, 2024, 08:24:53 AM »
My best friend who has had problems with depression and alcoholism is at it again.

Almost 36 years old and he’s still hanging out in bars until closing time and getting completely coked out of his mind until he ends up crashing at 6am.

He texted me this morning and all he can say is “big night last night lol”

I don’t know what to tell him anymore, I just didn’t answer.

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #25616 on: June 03, 2024, 12:11:32 PM »
Whatever the fuck is wrong with my right hip/leg is flaring up more than usual lately. Woke up feeling fine yesterday and skated for a good amount of time, but towards the end of the session my right leg started locking up on me. Last time this happened, I had to spend an entire evening stretching and doing everything possible to get loose again. The one thing that helped was getting my knee to pop as I was squatting on the ground, but that's just a temporary fix at this point... Anyone else ever deal with this?
I'm talking like completely losing the ability to even lift the leg a few inches off the ground without assistance due to how agonizing the pain is.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #25617 on: June 07, 2024, 03:47:30 PM »
my brother passed away on monday after a 3 year long battle with brain cancer. he loved and believed in God more than anyone I had ever known, so it brings me peace knowing he's with Him now, but man, I'm hurting bad.

I love you, Zach. You are the strongest man I have ever known.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 04:03:30 PM by fineslime »

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #25618 on: June 07, 2024, 08:06:42 PM »
Sorry for your loss. I lost a family member to brain cancer once, terrible disease
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Shtonk

« Reply #25619 on: June 08, 2024, 02:49:32 AM »
I've got to ask, is it etiquette in here to let people just dump their sorrows into this thread and not react to it? Hearing about these things, from losing loved ones to cancer, to friends spiralling into addiction to unhappy relationships, it makes me want to at least acknowledge it and share an "I'm sorry for you" although I have nothing helpful to contribute. I know it helps me not feeling quite so alone in the pain but maybe that's not the consensus on here?

I've been struggling more and more with accepting "opinions" of people around me, in a democratic spirit or whatever you want to call it, when those "opinions" are inhumane. I don't think you should be able to legitimise the mass-murder of innocents (whatever their ethnicity) or refugees being left to drown in the Mediterranean without getting your face punched in.