Author Topic: The Slap Message Boards and the Trial of Jamie Thomas  (Read 86323 times)

I SUCK!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: The Slap Message Boards and the Trial of Jamie Thomas
« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2008, 08:16:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
of entertainment for the Pals and the Lurkers?

[close]

There's a difference.

Last year this whole thing was with Pals, while lurkers sat and watched.

This year, the lurkers come out of the woodwork and act like they were part of it.

None of you new account assholes were calling him gay any more than I was. You can't say anything if all you did was sit and watch.
[close]

That is sooooooo O.G. of you dude, joining these boards a year ago and then shit talking Jamie Thomas before anyone else! My point was I think most of the disrespect for JT stems from a feeling of an importance/recognition if Jamie quotes your name or responds directly to your shittalking. You all get so giddy getting a rise out of a 'known' person, (J. Gray, J. Fortune, J. Strickland, a Darkstar team manager), but maybe Dr. Newton is better qualified for such psychology.

[close]

But I like Henry Sanchez, Jayme Fortune, James Kelch, Alex Chalmers, and James Craig. I did not like Jim Gray. I either wasn't here or didn't see the posts from the rest of those people.

You all just do not recognize what a scumbag the guy is. He has to be in control of everything, at all times. That's why he sends Chris Cole regular shit to wear, and photoshops bandanas into his ads. That's why he gives every magazine (including Big Brother, according to Dave Carnie) a hard time pretty much all the time. I even heard something about Transworld wanting to feature some local skaters somewhere, and Jamie Thomas getting mad because his riders could "do the same thing, only better."

Your point is that they all don't realize that every point you just made is absolute bullshit.
Go Newton!!
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

I Joey I

• Rep: -26
« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2008, 08:17:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

There's a difference.

This year, the lurkers come out of the woodwork and act like they were part of it.

None of you new account assholes were calling him gay any more than I was. You can't say anything if all you did was sit and watch.
[close]

That is sooooooo O.G. of you dude, joining these boards a year ago and then shit talking Jamie Thomas before anyone else! My point was I think most of the disrespect for JT stems from a feeling of an importance/recognition if Jamie quotes your name or responds directly to your shittalking. You all get so giddy getting a rise out of a 'known' person, (J. Gray, J. Fortune, J. Strickland, a Darkstar team manager), but maybe Dr. Newton is better qualified for such psychology.

[close]

But I like Henry Sanchez, Jayme Fortune, James Kelch, Alex Chalmers, and James Craig. I did not like Jim Gray. I either wasn't here or didn't see the posts from the rest of those people.

You all just do not recognize what a scumbag the guy is. He has to be in control of everything, at all times. That's why he sends Chris Cole regular shit to wear, and photoshops bandanas into his ads. That's why he gives every magazine (including Big Brother, according to Dave Carnie) a hard time pretty much all the time. I even heard something about Transworld wanting to feature some local skaters somewhere, and Jamie Thomas getting mad because his riders could "do the same thing, only better."

try harder.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #152 on: April 28, 2008, 08:36:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

There's a difference.

[close]

[close]

he was supposedly the head of a committee of pros that told transworld stop wasting space in the magazines on local scenes that no one cares about, a new orleans article had already been shot and scrapped because of that.
he never really addressed it in any of these threads.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2008, 08:51:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

There's a difference.

[close]

[close]

[close]
he was supposedly the head of a committee of pros that told transworld stop wasting space in the magazines on local scenes that no one cares about, a new orleans article had already been shot and scrapped because of that.

I saw comments about this in the marathon thread, but didn't know what it was about.
I asked Steven at Humidity if he knew anything about it and he explained what you just said.
It was the first I'd ever heard about being on such a committee. So, to set the record straight for all of the New Orleans heads, I didn't and would never try to kybosh someone else's come up, especially since I come from just around the way.

"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

SLAPTASTIC

• Rep: -19
« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2008, 09:07:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

There's a difference.

[close]

[close]

[close]

Your point is that they all don't realize that every point you just made is absolute bullshit.
Go Newton!!

Hahaha, you talking about me? Trying to get a rise out of me now? Are you fully Slap-Integrated and are exactly what I was talking about? (in the belief that I am the famous Damon Byrd and do weird flip shit) Sha!

I wasn't defending Jamie Thomas, just using him as an example of the immature, yet undeniably entertaining reaction of shit-talking that occurs when theres someone known here. If anything the article pretty much makes it out as though he conquered the Slap boards with an almost nike-like attempt of 'being on the level' and whatever else 'grassroots' shit equates to legitimacy in skateboarding. I enjoy the secondhand embarrassment from reading that shit too, but it might be cooler to get a little bit more 'behind the scenes' shit instead of having pages upon pages of a pro responding to comments on their sensual orientation.

BlackBox is boring aside from theses skate media manipulation claims, and how the dude runs that business.

Perfection

• Rep: 59
« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2008, 09:16:18 PM »
Why did the original Jamie Thomas 120-page Q&A thread get deleted anyway?

Did Jamie ask to get that one deleted or did a rogue moderator take action into his own hands (again)?
          o_O

℗The P҉̵̞̟̠̖̗ E҉̵ R҉̵ F҉̵ E҉̵ C҉̵ T҉̵ I҉̵ O҉̵ N҉̵̞̟̠̖̗  Forum

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #156 on: April 28, 2008, 09:45:41 PM »
Why did the original Jamie Thomas 120-page Q&A thread get deleted anyway?

Did Jamie ask to get that one deleted or did a rogue moderator take action into his own hands (again)?

yeah cool, but no I didn't have anything to do with it, it was in classic slap, then it wasn't.
I asked dudes at high speed, but they wouldn't give a reason for deleting it.

Hahaha, you talking about me? Trying to get a rise out of me now? Are you fully Slap-Integrated and are exactly what I was talking about? (in the belief that I am the famous Damon Byrd and do weird flip shit) Sha!

I wasn't defending Jamie Thomas, just using him as an example of the immature, yet undeniably entertaining reaction of shit-talking that occurs when theres someone known here. If anything the article pretty much makes it out as though he conquered the Slap boards with an almost nike-like attempt of 'being on the level' and whatever else 'grassroots' shit equates to legitimacy in skateboarding. I enjoy the secondhand embarrassment from reading that shit too, but it might be cooler to get a little bit more 'behind the scenes' shit instead of having pages upon pages of a pro responding to comments on their sensual orientation.

BlackBox is boring aside from theses skate media manipulation claims, and how the dude runs that business.

also, for the record, I totally asked vapor to write something on me being on the boards to help my rep.
i'm over here learning from Nike and making moves.

i am not asian

« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2008, 09:49:46 PM »
I don't want to seem like a dick rider, but I believe that Jamie is actually an extremely grounded person.  Quit trying to irritate him. 

SLAPTASTIC

• Rep: -19
« Reply #158 on: April 28, 2008, 09:53:31 PM »
Well I didn't mean literally..

So what exactly were your feelings on the article? You don't think it has some 'Marketing to Youth 101' aspects to it?

bill hates

« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2008, 09:57:29 PM »

what you mean by releasing the same style shoe over and over again?

the ripper

harmony

my personal favorite, with a little bit of both, the bandit

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #160 on: April 28, 2008, 10:11:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the ripper

harmony

yeah, we use the same logo on all the shoes, damn we're stupid.
of all that you could say, this is your burn, c'mon you got the floor?
get some!

Universal Remonster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -22
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2008, 10:15:22 PM »
dude put pete eldridge on mystery and we'll talk

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2008, 10:20:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

There's a difference.

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

I saw comments about this in the marathon thread, but didn't know what it was about.
I asked Steven at Humidity if he knew anything about it and he explained what you just said.
It was the first I'd ever heard about being on such a committee. So, to set the record straight for all of the New Orleans heads, I didn't and would never try to kybosh someone else's come up, especially since I come from just around the way.

well Stephen wasn't involved in that, he was off doing his own thing at the time so he knows nothing about it.

We were scheduled to have a new orleans article in Transworld, they had a series a local scene coverage going on in transworld at the time

when ours was supposed to come out the local articles got shut down. Maybe it wasn't a direct shut down of the New orleans article

but we were told that basically a bunch of pros got together and told them to stop wasting time on local scenes and focus on pros that ride for the companies that buy ads and support the magazine. Supposedly you were the spokesperson for these pros

Really i don't give a fuck about the article cuz the photographer and some other people pulled some shady shit and fucked me

and some other people over so i quit shooting for it anyway. But a lot of people went all out for that shit and it ended up in some

random free mag like a year later.  

But the idea that already established pros would shut down an article so that they could get more pages and get a few more dollars in photo incentives is bullshit.

bill hates

« Reply #163 on: April 28, 2008, 10:24:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

the ripper

harmony

[close]

get some!

sorry thats all i got. that and an autographed dirty dozen poster from you on my wall.
see i dont actually hate you. but in the article you said you liked hearing real skate opinions.
well, here it is.
all of your shoes look the same and im tired of the black and white marketing. (finally color in the zero ads)
barely any of the shoes have anything but a white sole
it took you way too long to make hill pro
youre biggest demographic is kids like this

youre not washed up yet. no.
you need to stop being so proper and correct and actually say what you think instead of all these neutral posts
have you really become a whore to the industry just cause you got a stranglehold on alot of it?
who cares what you say, even if you say fuck skateboarding, as long as chris cole wears that damn bandanna on his head youll still have kids lining up at your black box doors waiting to buy your next all over zero print.
and fuck it, who doesnt love money?

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #164 on: April 28, 2008, 10:36:08 PM »
what I was saying was, stephen told me what the dudes in your area thought/heard.
I've heard people say that the mags don't focus on building heroes, but that's not what I spend my time worrying about.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #165 on: April 28, 2008, 10:48:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

the ripper

harmony

[close]

get some!

[close]
sorry thats all i got. that and an autographed dirty dozen poster from you on my wall.
see i dont actually hate you. but in the article you said you liked hearing real skate opinions.
well, here it is.
all of your shoes look the same and im tired of the black and white marketing. (finally color in the zero ads)
"Zane Samarasinghe"
you need to stop being so proper and correct and actually say what you think instead of all these neutral posts
have you really become a whore to the industry just cause you got a stranglehold on alot of it?
who cares what you say, even if you say fuck skateboarding, as long as chris cole wears that damn bandanna on his head youll still have kids lining up at your black box doors waiting to buy your next all over zero print.

All true, (except the part about me not being washed up) which reminds me we're screwed cause Cole's bandanna went with his hair a year or so ago.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #166 on: April 28, 2008, 10:52:18 PM »
hey scootboard found new ways to ruin threads besides copying everyone by spamming pictures at the wrong time!

our little boy is growing up.

Jamie what's your review of the Deathwish video?
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #167 on: April 28, 2008, 10:57:58 PM »
hey scootboard found new ways to ruin threads besides copying everyone by spamming pictures at the wrong time!

our little boy is growing up.

Jamie what's your review of the Deathwish video?

I didn't know what to think?
Lots of random crap that was funny the first time, but dragged on when I watched it again.
I was shocked by Lizard, Furby and antwuan's stuff.   ...oh and herman is great, he looks like he happens to be skating while they're filming!

bill hates

« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2008, 11:00:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

the ripper

harmony

[close]

get some!

[close]
well, here it is.
"Zane Samarasinghe"
[close]

All true, (except the part about me not being washed up) which reminds me we're screwed cause Cole's bandanna went with his hair a year or so ago.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #169 on: April 28, 2008, 11:03:38 PM »
well done!

baxty

« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2008, 11:05:42 PM »
Im stoked on Guns new front side flip ad on that double set.

DickNagger shut the fuck up.

bill hates

« Reply #171 on: April 28, 2008, 11:06:40 PM »
well done!
you were always my favorite on tony hawks pro skater  <3
ask me what i thought of the video

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #172 on: April 28, 2008, 11:12:07 PM »

i'm sorry, who are you again?

p.s. die.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2008, 11:13:26 PM »
So Jamie got a premiere/release date for Ride The Sky yet?

BriDen

« Reply #174 on: April 28, 2008, 11:17:43 PM »
So Jamie got a premiere/release date for Ride The Sky yet?
And you're still pickin up all the pals in a limo/creepy van right?

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #175 on: April 29, 2008, 12:05:09 AM »
Im stoked on Guns new front side flip ad on that double set.

is that the Markovich double from the union Vid

mini greek

• Rep: 32
« Reply #176 on: April 29, 2008, 12:19:30 AM »
I love how everyone on this board starts their diss off with "i heard that....."  WTF, when I was a wee lad, I heard that Muska died 5-0ing a 40 stair hubba with a heroin-filled syringe hanging out of his arm.  But at 12 years old I could call bullshit on that one.  The thruth is that 99% of you hating on here, wouldn't say jack shit to Jamie if you saw him in public.  He's not Tom Penny for fuck's sake, he's not hiding out, he's out skating, doing demos, very public events.  If you're such a badass, man up and say something.  It's like you're all acting like the jocks who made most of us gravitate to skateboarding as opposed to jock activities like walking the school halls picking on nerds and spending afternoons pumping iron.  I'm not defending Jamie, he doesn't need my help, but some of you seriously care waaaay too much about lame shit like this, when there's a real enemy to skateboarding out there......Ryan Sheckler.....
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 12:23:00 AM by mini greek »
Get litty.....

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #177 on: April 29, 2008, 12:37:02 AM »
I love how everyone on this board starts their diss off with "i heard that....."  WTF, when I was a wee lad, I heard that Muska died 5-0ing a 40 stair hubba with a heroin-filled syringe hanging out of his arm.  But at 12 years old I could call bullshit on that one.  The thruth is that 99% of you hating on here, wouldn't say jack shit to Jamie if you saw him in public.  He's not Tom Penny for fuck's sake, he's not hiding out, he's out skating, doing demos, very public events.  If you're such a badass, man up and say something.  It's like you're all acting like the jocks who made most of us gravitate to skateboarding as opposed to jock activities like walking the school halls picking on nerds and spending afternoons pumping iron.  I'm not defending Jamie, he doesn't need my help, but some of you seriously care waaaay too much about lame shit like this, when there's a real enemy to skateboarding out there......Ryan Sheckler.....
what dept. do you work in over at Black Box

mini greek

• Rep: 32
« Reply #178 on: April 29, 2008, 12:45:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
what dept. do you work in over at Black Box
I sit right next to your mother.....just sayin'.....
Get litty.....

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #179 on: April 29, 2008, 01:10:52 AM »
I dunno mini greek usually it seems like waaaay too many people are caring about sheckler on here.....carot top anti sheckler picture was invented for a reason

its almost embarrasing to type his name out after having forced myself(for some godawful reason,  boredom?) to read countless thousands of generic negative posts about him on here..think of how many two page long thread theres been about him in the last year or so where you feel like you're reading broken record...even for when he gets a new hairstyle or something...i guess hes the paris hilton of skateboarding.  I'd take a jamie thread anyday.  plus that means when you spew some misinformed hate or make jokes theres a chance the person will actually respond..."OMG JAMIEZ REPLIED TO ME!!!1" what a rush huh

wheee!