Author Topic: the photography thread.  (Read 717477 times)

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
Re: the photography thread.
« Reply #5340 on: October 20, 2014, 07:34:10 PM »
This is a super dumb question, but how do you embed stuff off flickr and tumblr? I want to post some of the stuff I've been hoarding since I got my AE-1. I've been shooting with that and my Stylus Epic for the last few months.
Right click on the photo and select "copy image location" and then paste it between [ img ] and [ /img ] (minus the spaces), which you can automatically insert by clicking on the little framed picture icon.
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
« Reply #5341 on: October 20, 2014, 08:08:59 PM »
Expand Quote
This is a super dumb question, but how do you embed stuff off flickr and tumblr? I want to post some of the stuff I've been hoarding since I got my AE-1. I've been shooting with that and my Stylus Epic for the last few months.
[close]
Right click on the photo and select "copy image location" and then paste it between [ img ] and [ /img ] (minus the spaces), which you can automatically insert by clicking on the little framed picture icon.
Thanks man! And your new Leica is a beauty

Here's some stuff I shot over the summer with my AE-1. I'm still figuring this whole photography thing out but its so freaking fun.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 08:18:30 PM by Made In China »

Councilman Doug

• Rep: 16
« Reply #5342 on: October 21, 2014, 12:07:10 AM »

recent prints from school, getting better at dodging and burning. The last one was difficult but I liked the way it turned out, I need to find a scanner to use.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 12:08:57 AM by Councilman Doug »

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #5343 on: October 21, 2014, 06:37:35 AM »
Those prints are sick Doug! Nice work. Made in China, your stuff is really nice too. I need to get a lens for my AE1. Im going to try to stop by the flea market this weekend and do some hunting.

Does anyone have any experience with any of the mail order film developing places? Im thinking about mailing some rolls to mpix in the next few days. The only place around me who does it is walgreens and i feel less and less satisfied every time i get film developed with them.

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5344 on: October 21, 2014, 12:11:58 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with any of the mail order film developing places? Im thinking about mailing some rolls to mpix in the next few days. The only place around me who does it is walgreens and i feel less and less satisfied every time i get film developed with them.
I have a local place, but occasionally I'll send my film to Citizen's in Portland, OR. They do a really good job and the turn around is pretty fast, usually about a week. Their prices aren't bad either, especially for E6.

http://www.citizensphoto.com/

(Just noticed they're moving locations so you wouldn't be able to use them until December)

A lot of friends of mine use Dwayne's to send their film out. I've never used them before, but I might for a bit while Citizen's is out.

http://www.dwaynesphoto.com/
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

Random Matt

• Rep: 8
« Reply #5345 on: October 22, 2014, 09:26:30 AM »

recent prints from school, getting better at dodging and burning. The last one was difficult but I liked the way it turned out, I need to find a scanner to use.

Nice work.  
It's tough to find a scanner big enough to do larger 11x14.  Does school have a copy stand?

In lieu of my usual lurking the thread with the occasional advice/opinion, here is a print from a while ago.  

During the darkroom exposure of the clouds I peeled and ate an orange above the paper.  The citric acid from the juice chemically the altered the emulsion and the peel made a photogram.  The duration of the exposure was the length of time it took me to eat the orange.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:05:17 AM by Random Matt »

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #5346 on: October 22, 2014, 12:01:42 PM »
bought a working leica mini zoom for 10 eurobucks. that's ok i guess?

i don't really know a lot about photography but obviously i'm gonna start to get some snaps now.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5347 on: October 22, 2014, 11:22:48 PM »
slowly starting to get to a point where i am happy with my postprocessing. still a long way to go.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5348 on: October 22, 2014, 11:42:24 PM »
^^^^Care to share your methods?

One from yesterday:

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5349 on: October 23, 2014, 05:52:57 AM »
i mostly started learning how to process colors better, so that i get less of this digital look and a nice analogue touch, if that makes sense. i do love sharp and crispy pictures, but without that totally "cold" digital look. i mean, i am far from where i want to be, but at least i know the direction now. the most interesting thing i learned is how powerful the camera calibration panel is, lots of interesting stuff to do there.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5350 on: October 23, 2014, 06:52:09 AM »
if anyone is interested, i have all the vsco film lightroom and photoshop presets that i can share with you. i know most people probably prefer to spend a little more time on their image than just clicking a preset, but they do work well as starting points. if anyone wants the link, let me know.

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #5351 on: October 23, 2014, 06:55:17 AM »

okdad

« Reply #5352 on: October 23, 2014, 11:10:41 AM »
Looking good, Hercules. I need to learn to pp better.
Who are you to judge what kinds of cocks he wants to suck?

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5353 on: October 23, 2014, 11:23:33 AM »
if anyone is interested, i have all the vsco film lightroom and photoshop presets that i can share with you. i know most people probably prefer to spend a little more time on their image than just clicking a preset, but they do work well as starting points. if anyone wants the link, let me know.

the lightroom version would be great, having filters to try and see what happens is really fun sometimes. i am always amazed to see what b/w filters especially do to images.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5354 on: October 23, 2014, 11:32:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the lightroom version would be great, having filters to try and see what happens is really fun sometimes. i am always amazed to see what b/w filters especially do to images.

sent you a PM.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #5355 on: October 23, 2014, 09:22:12 PM »
Also interested in this plz. And I'm really digging the hill bomb photo, eranka.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5356 on: October 23, 2014, 11:13:48 PM »
thanks JB! great stuff. also, interesting to see that i went the Kodak Portra way without knowing.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5357 on: October 24, 2014, 07:02:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Also interested in this plz. And I'm really digging the hill bomb photo, eranka.

sent it.

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5358 on: October 26, 2014, 06:20:23 PM »
Some shots from my first rolls with the Leica M3.

Councilman Doug

« Reply #5359 on: October 26, 2014, 07:05:53 PM »
So sick! really digging 2 and 3. Putting that leica to good use!

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #5360 on: October 26, 2014, 10:18:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

sent it.

I'd be really stoked if you could send the lightroom ones!

Irvine-Sucks.com

Vinchenzo

• Rep: -21
    • Eastern Fronts avatar image
« Reply #5361 on: October 26, 2014, 11:50:10 PM »
From a recent trip to Baton Rouge.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5362 on: October 27, 2014, 06:39:54 AM »
Heres the VSCO film download for anyone else who wants it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4MQLQAUsNwqUlZDdTNNcTRYMkk/view?usp=sharing

just google "how to install lightroom presets" and you should be good.

i need to start shooting more. im kind of in that rut of feeling like all my shit looks the same and its all boring. i think if i start working on specific projects instead of just shooting random stuff then i might feel a little more inspired.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5363 on: October 27, 2014, 09:44:21 AM »
^^^^Thanks dude for the link!
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #5364 on: October 27, 2014, 12:42:33 PM »
A nice autumn day in a post-industrial landscape park-

« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 03:33:08 PM by _UniversalTruth_ »
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1523
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
« Reply #5365 on: October 27, 2014, 02:05:17 PM »
12800 ISO, natural light is king ;)

Christopher Khan, fs nosegrind, Rog, Ljubljana by Jurij Turnsek, on Flickr

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #5366 on: October 27, 2014, 07:03:18 PM »
I can relate to you, JB, where I feel like I shoot a lot of similar stuff. I mainly like long exposures of water in nature and god knows nature photography is a saturated field. I was trying some different angles this weekend at a waterfall by my house and liked how this turned out.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5367 on: October 27, 2014, 10:22:12 PM »

Just one snap from the Aberrica contest from over the weekend. Didn't even know it was going on but just happened to see it. This kid I think is moving on to LA.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #5368 on: October 28, 2014, 05:55:22 AM »

just saw on my phone that you posted some and I cannot wait to see them in full size!

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5369 on: October 28, 2014, 01:50:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

just saw on my phone that you posted some and I cannot wait to see them in full size!
Thanks guys! I'm definitely loving the M3. I have some color in it now so I'll post them if they're any good.

Also, I'm opening up submissions for the film photo zine I do this Saturday, but you guys are welcome to start sending stuff in now if you want, as long as it's film. No theme or anything, just whatever you want.

http://www.cadillacranchdressing.com/