Author Topic: the photography thread.  (Read 717458 times)

DMH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
Re: the photography thread.
« Reply #5370 on: October 28, 2014, 07:16:58 PM »
I would indeed like to submit something. When's the deadline for submissions? I need to get a couple rolls developed.

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #5371 on: October 28, 2014, 09:49:55 PM »
I would indeed like to submit something. When's the deadline for submissions? I need to get a couple rolls developed.
Definitely submit stuff, it's always nice to have some Slap heads in it. The deadline is November 30th at midnight.
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #5372 on: October 29, 2014, 07:12:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Definitely submit stuff, it's always nice to have some Slap heads in it. The deadline is November 30th at midnight.

i want to send some stuff in for sure. any other requirements we should know about? file size, dimensions? number of submissions allowed?

since my stylus epic broke i havent really had any luck finding a replacement. nothing worth buying at any of the second hand stores and ebay prices for that camera are crazy. the konica big mini caught my eye and it just came in the mail yesterday. not really as nice as i was hoping for and definitely not as nice as the epic, but im excited to see what it can do. i feel like i kinda wasted my money on this one because my stylus infinity actually takes a pretty good photo and handles better than this thing does.

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5373 on: October 29, 2014, 10:36:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

i want to send some stuff in for sure. any other requirements we should know about? file size, dimensions? number of submissions allowed?

For submissions, the minimum file size we ask is at least 8″ on the shortest side at 300dpi. Photographers may send 1 to 8 photos per submission via email. The subject line should read "CRD - FIRSTNAME - LAST NAME" and we ask that you provide a title for the photos, otherwise it will be labeled as "Untitled". We also ask that you remove any watermarks and digital borders (film borders are A-OK with us). We accept both Adobe RGB and sRGB and ask that you send either JPEG or TIFF files. As a reminder, we only accept photos shot on film.

By submitting photos through email to us, you give Cadillac Ranch Dressing the right to print them in the most upcoming issue.  The photographer retains all copyright to their images and will be notified if they are selected to be in an issue. Not every submission will be printed so if your photos aren't picked, we encourage you to continue to submit for future issues.

Please send all files via email or Dropbox to [email protected]. To confirm we received it, we'll send you a reply within the next 24 hours.

(from the website, I don't really talk like that)
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #5374 on: October 29, 2014, 12:58:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

since my stylus epic broke i havent really had any luck finding a replacement. nothing worth buying at any of the second hand stores and ebay prices for that camera are crazy. the konica big mini caught my eye and it just came in the mail yesterday. not really as nice as i was hoping for and definitely not as nice as the epic, but im excited to see what it can do. i feel like i kinda wasted my money on this one because my stylus infinity actually takes a pretty good photo and handles better than this thing does.

At least the body of that Konica looks ways nicer than the Olympus! I ran through a bunch of Epics around 2005. Drunkenly leaving them in cabs or forgetting them in hoodie pockets that went into the washing machine. They were 99$ CAD new at the time, which seemed like a lot then. Since my Contax T2 died I haven't bothered to use anything other than my phone for snapshots but I'm going to Colombia in a bit and am apprehensive about bringing my Mamiya 7ii, both for size and the fact that even though a lot has changed down there it's still Colombia.

And why did I just type this oh yes procrastination.

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5375 on: October 29, 2014, 02:03:24 PM »
went out at night with the wife the other day and took a few little pics.   She's the coolest!

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5376 on: October 29, 2014, 02:15:57 PM »
if you keep posting more photos of her i might have to ask you for that box of tissues in your sig.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 02:44:16 PM by Hercules Rockefeller »

Randozzi

« Reply #5377 on: October 29, 2014, 03:16:27 PM »
the M3 shots are great, jealous.
lots of great photos on this page, so good!

updated my site with some new Holga photos - http://mydumbluck.com/

Random Matt

• Rep: 8
« Reply #5378 on: October 29, 2014, 05:10:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So sick! really digging 2 and 3. Putting that leica to good use!
[close]

just saw on my phone that you posted some and I cannot wait to see them in full size!
[close]
Thanks guys! I'm definitely loving the M3. I have some color in it now so I'll post them if they're any good.

Also, I'm opening up submissions for the film photo zine I do this Saturday, but you guys are welcome to start sending stuff in now if you want, as long as it's film. No theme or anything, just whatever you want.

http://www.cadillacranchdressing.com/

Is the zine black and white? Or is color an option?

tumulishoomaroom

• Rep: 48
« Reply #5379 on: October 29, 2014, 07:46:12 PM »
Some scans of my latest prints :

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:48:45 PM by tumulishoomaroom »

okdad

• Rep: 16
« Reply #5380 on: October 29, 2014, 07:51:29 PM »
Damn, those are so good.
Who are you to judge what kinds of cocks he wants to suck?

Councilman Doug

• Rep: 16
« Reply #5381 on: October 29, 2014, 11:02:31 PM »

all these portraits are so rad! what film are you using?

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5382 on: October 29, 2014, 11:04:58 PM »

I thought you were shooting everything with a Leica, Randozzi? I've always been extremely envious of your black and white work. Did you ever get my PM?

Is the zine black and white? Or is color an option?
Issue Three of the zine is everything film. So black and white, color, polaroid, pinhole, anything really. It just has to be some sort of analog process of photography.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5383 on: October 30, 2014, 09:23:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

At least the body of that Konica looks ways nicer than the Olympus! I ran through a bunch of Epics around 2005. Drunkenly leaving them in cabs or forgetting them in hoodie pockets that went into the washing machine. They were 99$ CAD new at the time, which seemed like a lot then. Since my Contax T2 died I haven't bothered to use anything other than my phone for snapshots but I'm going to Colombia in a bit and am apprehensive about bringing my Mamiya 7ii, both for size and the fact that even though a lot has changed down there it's still Colombia.

And why did I just type this oh yes procrastination.

im a big procrastinator too.

it looks good, but this camera is total garbage. the mode buttons are almost impossible to push. the shutter button is by far the worst ive ever used. theres no real half way push feeling for focusing and you really have to smash the thing down for it to fire. i've only shot like 6 frames with it, but every single time ive had to try more than once to get it to fire. once this roll is finished its going on ebay. dont buy this camera.

tumulishoomaroom

« Reply #5384 on: October 30, 2014, 10:39:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

all these portraits are so rad! what film are you using?
Thanks ! And thanks okdad ! It was Delta 400 in the Rolleicord for the square portraits, and Tri X in the M3 for the 35mm. I like both a lot. I'm more used to Ilford films though, but since I now live in Rcohester it would be a crime not to try out some classic Kodak.

Randozzi

« Reply #5385 on: October 30, 2014, 11:51:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I thought you were shooting everything with a Leica, Randozzi? I've always been extremely envious of your black and white work. Did you ever get my PM?

Shit, just now saw it. Sorry.

Nope, been shooting with a Pentax K1000 for years.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #5386 on: October 30, 2014, 09:50:23 PM »

These are sick! I love seeing so many different styles represented on these pages. These shots made me think of the documentary I just saw tonight called Finding Vivian Maier. For anyone that likes street photography, I'd highly recommend. Maybe everyone's already heard of it, but it was new to me.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
« Reply #5387 on: October 31, 2014, 08:25:00 AM »
Sorry to hear about your Stylus Epic, JB! I haven't been using mine as much since the light seals are a little iffy and I shoot mainly with my AE-1, but I was going through old photos and the colors are so nice. I think I'll stick a roll into it tonight for sketch Halloween activities.

These are all from over the summer. Just wondering, is there a way to resize photos straight on here? It looks like Imgur lowers the quality when I resize there.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 08:28:23 AM by Made In China »

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5388 on: October 31, 2014, 09:08:39 AM »
those are dope! really like the last one.

and to resize just make you first bracket thing around your image url like this: [img width=700] (it can be any pixel value. between 500-700 is good though)

tumulishoomaroom

« Reply #5389 on: October 31, 2014, 12:44:17 PM »
Really like the last one too.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5390 on: November 02, 2014, 06:51:05 AM »
from the konica.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #5391 on: November 02, 2014, 09:04:10 AM »
^ On point as always JB
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5392 on: November 02, 2014, 10:11:13 AM »
You know I love those, JB.

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5393 on: November 03, 2014, 05:52:17 PM »

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #5394 on: November 03, 2014, 09:21:20 PM »
^ I love seeing people in their domain. I checked out this book from the library once that I think was called "In My Room" (or maybe that was the name of one of Swampy's art shows) and it had people sitting on their beds talking about the stuff on their walls, what they do in their rooms, what they think about life, whatever. And one of the people was a young, early-teens Karl Buechner, who went on to be the singer of Earth Crisis. As a kid he looked pretty black metal - black long-sleeved t-shirt and straight long hair - and was definitely not a beefcake or a meathead like he is today. He also commented on being vegetarian - he wasn't even vegan yet! I don't know if anyone else cares, but I thought it was all super funny. The context is that I lived in Salt Lake for 6 years and vegan straightedge hardcore has a big, dumb, kinda scary following. I'm sober too but I don't identify as sXe because I don't want to be grouped in with assholes and also I hate the music.

I think I had a dream I posted this photo last night. It's my friend Thor doing a kickflip on the top of Skinner's Butte in Eugene, Oregon, February 2014. It's probably gonna be giant.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5395 on: November 03, 2014, 10:07:07 PM »
heh, butte...

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #5396 on: November 03, 2014, 11:11:18 PM »
heh, butte...

Dude, you don't even know! This shitty town was originally named Skinner's Mudhole. Yes, you read that right.

Skinner's Mudhole.

Apparently it was hella muddy and it was named after the first white dude to settle here, Eugene Skinner. So instead of the town being named after a butt, they just call their tallest hills that.

DMH

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #5397 on: November 04, 2014, 05:13:47 AM »
from the konica.

Wow, JB. Melting my soul.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5398 on: November 04, 2014, 08:39:30 AM »
Expand Quote
heh, butte...
[close]

Dude, you don't even know! This shitty town was originally named Skinner's Mudhole. Yes, you read that right.

Skinner's Mudhole.

Apparently it was hella muddy and it was named after the first white dude to settle here, Eugene Skinner. So instead of the town being named after a butt, they just call their tallest hills that.

isnt history great?

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #5399 on: November 04, 2014, 08:46:18 PM »
I havnt posted here in a little while, so heres a few recent shots ive taken.

Feedback is always appreciated.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 08:47:56 PM by finknoos »