Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3077771 times)

Salsa Verde

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 9
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #41580 on: May 13, 2020, 10:30:32 AM »
Getting deeper into The Sopranos. I've fully subscribed to the hype behind this series. A great mix of complex character development on top of incredible storytelling. I'm sitting at work as I type this just itching to watch the next episode.

I wasn’t into the first go around (GF at the time was fanatical like so many others), but after getting HBO and watching the whole series through, it’s really is a masterpiece. I get the hype and why so many people loved and consider it one of, if not the best tv show ever. The writing, directing and acting are all so on point. The only show I might like/ feel better is the Wire because of how dynamic it was in changing the landscape of the different seasons with a different facet of Baltimore‘S backdrops (projects, port, police, politics and press). Both are some of the best shows ever made IMO.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 10:35:30 AM by Salsa Verde »

Yu Dum

« Reply #41581 on: May 13, 2020, 10:59:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Getting deeper into The Sopranos. I've fully subscribed to the hype behind this series. A great mix of complex character development on top of incredible storytelling. I'm sitting at work as I type this just itching to watch the next episode.
[close]

I wasn’t into the first go around (GF at the time was fanatical like so many others), but after getting HBO and watching the whole series through, it’s really is a masterpiece. I get the hype and why so many people loved and consider it one of, if not the best tv show ever. The writing, directing and acting are all so on point. The only show I might like/ feel better is the Wire because of how dynamic it was in changing the landscape of the different seasons with a different facet of Baltimore‘S backdrops (projects, port, police, politics and press). Both are some of the best shows ever made IMO.
I feel you on that. My dad has raved about it for YEARS; ever since I was a little shit. I had mentioned my interest in watching it to my wife a few times in the past, but she never seemed too thrilled on it so I started it on my own. A1 writing on top of brilliant portrayal of the characters created has me drawn in so much.
The Wire is another show I need to watch. I'm sure I'll love it just as much.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #41582 on: May 15, 2020, 11:20:29 AM »
Digimon is on Hulu. Time to relieve one of my favorite childhood anime.

Yoda

• Rep: -13
« Reply #41583 on: May 15, 2020, 01:09:22 PM »
Bad bitches bouncing on my dick they are.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1500
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #41584 on: May 15, 2020, 08:24:19 PM »
My wife and I watched some episodes of Designing Women. The outfits and the flood of memories of being decades younger. Such a good show, too.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #41585 on: May 15, 2020, 09:00:54 PM »
Bad bitches bouncing on my dick they are.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41586 on: May 17, 2020, 09:14:49 PM »
Instead of taking the metro I rented a bike for 3 dollars and pedalled home.

It was a nice way to spend 20 minutes.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Yu Dum

« Reply #41587 on: May 18, 2020, 07:54:20 AM »
Skated the indoor park for roughly 4 hours yesterday. Haven't been this sore in what feels like forever. Managed to get my body used to jumping down stairs again, too.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #41588 on: May 18, 2020, 08:05:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I feel you on that. My dad has raved about it for YEARS; ever since I was a little shit. I had mentioned my interest in watching it to my wife a few times in the past, but she never seemed too thrilled on it so I started it on my own. A1 writing on top of brilliant portrayal of the characters created has me drawn in so much.
The Wire is another show I need to watch. I'm sure I'll love it just as much.

I like the Sopranos and all, but I feel like it was one of those shows that went on a little too long without direction.  The wire was rad b/c they pumped out five seasons with a definite end.  The show was popular they could have milked it for a few more. 

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1209
  • old and in the way
« Reply #41589 on: May 18, 2020, 08:29:46 AM »
Yesterday I got a text from one of my oldest friends I grew up skating with. It was an iPhone video of him doing his first kickflip in about 22 years. He was so amped. It made my day.

Yu Dum

« Reply #41590 on: May 18, 2020, 08:44:49 AM »
Yesterday I got a text from one of my oldest friends I grew up skating with. It was an iPhone video of him doing his first kickflip in about 22 years. He was so amped. It made my day.
Love that shit. One of my buddies I grew up skating with started back and has been going out with me every chance we get. He hurt himself yesterday, so it'll probably be a few weeks before we skate again, but it never fails to get me stoked when he hits me up.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1209
  • old and in the way
« Reply #41591 on: May 18, 2020, 10:28:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Love that shit. One of my buddies I grew up skating with started back and has been going out with me every chance we get. He hurt himself yesterday, so it'll probably be a few weeks before we skate again, but it never fails to get me stoked when he hits me up.

Thats so rad. I guess seeing my friend's happiness reminds me of us as kids first learning how to skate and that feeling of stoke ollieing over manhole covers and just being free.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #41592 on: May 19, 2020, 08:23:22 AM »
i got a letter from unemployment today saying something about a claim award for the pandemic unemployment assistance program. i don't want to get too happy but i think i may have got benefits and if so, holy fuck
even the steven

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #41593 on: May 19, 2020, 09:43:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A 100%. one of the greatest tv shows ever produced. the characters have so much depth and realism to them, add great filming, locations and writing and it really is a classic.
Oz is another masterpiece you should check out if you havent. first few seasons are amazing.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 834
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #41594 on: May 24, 2020, 07:10:44 PM »
I read the Elijah Berle interview in last month's issue of Thrasher. He has a sequence doing an impossible 50-50 on the UCI hubba, and I was pretty stoked on seeing that
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #41595 on: May 24, 2020, 09:56:18 PM »
I raided my office yesterday and picked up a bunch of lights, camera lenses, more streaming equipment a a DJI drone. I’ve never flown a drone and didn’t understand the hype. Took it out to the coast today and I fully understand the hype now. Blown away by the footage.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 558
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #41596 on: May 26, 2020, 08:46:42 PM »
Skateparks are open again

lazer69

• Rep: -96
« Reply #41597 on: May 27, 2020, 10:34:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
A 100%. one of the greatest tv shows ever produced. the characters have so much depth and realism to them, add great filming, locations and writing and it really is a classic.
Oz is another masterpiece you should check out if you havent. first few seasons are amazing.

got 6 episodes deep and then HBO shows got pulled from amazon prime >:(

Yu Dum

« Reply #41598 on: May 27, 2020, 10:48:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yup. I'm pretty bummed on that, but my best friend and I are going to go half on the DVD set since HBO wants to be petty. Fuck paying an extra $14.99 a month.

Yu Dum

« Reply #41599 on: May 27, 2020, 12:01:16 PM »
Inversion tables are a lifesaver. Just a minute on one and my back already feels way better.

Saint Coke

« Reply #41600 on: May 27, 2020, 06:10:16 PM »
Colorado bound tomorrow.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #41601 on: May 27, 2020, 11:03:03 PM »
Colorado bound tomorrow.

sick.  if you are going to denver the parks are hit and miss. downtown park is still mulched but i think the ones in arvada (my fav park), golden, and highlands ranch are open.  If you are in the mountains the one by winter park is open and has some cool transition. 303 and Emage are the good shops, stay away from 720.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 594
« Reply #41602 on: May 28, 2020, 10:24:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Yup. I'm pretty bummed on that, but my best friend and I are going to go half on the DVD set since HBO wants to be petty. Fuck paying an extra $14.99 a month.

This happened to me with the Wire. Almost finished and bam!

That being said I signed up for HBO Max early and got 2 bucks off for a year. They got the Studio Ghibli films, some CartoonNetwork and Adult Swim stuff. I’m excited for the new J. G. Quintel series Close Enough and time see what else gets brought over from the DC streaming service.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #41603 on: May 28, 2020, 08:11:48 PM »
Sold off my entire video game collection and got around $550, it's neat to finally let go and no longer feel so materialistic. I wasn't really a collector anyways, I just held onto a lot of stuff I had bought over the years and it piled up.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #41604 on: May 28, 2020, 11:24:30 PM »
4 day weekend for me cause im only working 3 days a week with all this covid shit

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #41605 on: May 28, 2020, 11:36:58 PM »
Was playing Overwatch with my girlfriend earlier and kept using the SawCon deez nuts line I got from unknown solider's sig. Shit had me dying laughing each time. I love old school jokes like that.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #41606 on: May 29, 2020, 05:16:42 PM »
Bodyslammed myself bmxing tonite and walking is hard but I'm pretty lucky it was a flat surface as I landed on my kidney (that's why I'm stoked) . I was having fun going backwards and my back tire went into a pot hole.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Lifer

• Rep: 74
« Reply #41607 on: May 30, 2020, 04:45:04 PM »
I get lowkey stoked on the type of dudes who are obviously way past my skill level but are quick to say whattup and still give me props on my weak ass kickflips and shit when I hit up a spot or park.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41608 on: May 31, 2020, 07:27:51 AM »
Stoked my girl ordered me a ducks conway replica jersey

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1500
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #41609 on: May 31, 2020, 09:44:06 AM »
I get lowkey stoked on the type of dudes who are obviously way past my skill level but are quick to say whattup and still give me props on my weak ass kickflips and shit when I hit up a spot or park.
The stoke is genuine. I love seeing any dude pushing their limits on our toys regardless of skill level.

There's always going to be someone that is better than you, and self-degradation from your inner critic is universal.

I'm sure many of those guys' progression was fueled on that same feeling of shared stoke from those superior to their skill level. It's one of the best things about skateboarding. Believe the hype.